Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus (21231 Views)

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ / Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / Christianity; The Reason For Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
I didnt hide the fact thast I am. I thought i told you before.

You have 2 problems here. First, you used capital letter H for Jesus, may I ask you why is that?. Second, "son of God, can you explain in what sense what it means please?

Where did God "confirmed" it twice...references please?

I imagine this is the reference, correct?. Well, provide biblical evidence first before i proceed. Thank you
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5. Sorry for the typographical error, it should be Son of God
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God[/b] descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 [b]And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17
I knew you would quote this. See, I am trying to format your system. Here is the problem. First I believe in baptism of Jesus, no doubt about that. However, pay close attention to highlighted parts: What is Spirit of God?

Also a voice from heaven, whose voice is it?. There are other beings in heavens like Angels, even Jinn transcend to heaven including shayateen (satan). So whose voice was heard saying "this is my beloved son". Can you be so sure it is God's voice. Actually i should ask you, it is God's voice?

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5. Sorry for the typographical error, it should be Son of God
Question arise again; what is that clouded voice that said those words?

Now, another critical problem is Matthew 3:16-17 and 17:5 are speaking in form of a narration. That's, a person narrating the story and definitely the person is not God nor Jesus. Is Matthew Jesus's disciple? Who wrote those words in 3:16-27 and 17:5?

Think brother, think
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
And have you taken your time to read Islamic view of Jesus(p)?. I mean The Qur'an?. You will finally realize Muslims are truly the disciples of Jesus just as much as you trying to be. Pick up English copy of Quran and read story of Jesus and compare it to what you now believe as a mere disciple of Jesus. Give it a try
Muslims or Islam does not have the same beliefs as i do. I believe Jesus words only not even the bible. Jesus is the son of God,not a servant neither a messenger. He said He lay down His life Himself and He can take it up again,can't a servant or messenger say that. Muslims don't believe with in Jesus words as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and Jesus
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
I knew you would quote this. See, I am trying to format your system. Here is the problem. First I believe in baptism of Jesus, no doubt about that. However, pay close attention to highlighted parts: What is Spirit of God?

Also a voice from heaven, whose voice is it?. There are other beings in heavens like Angels, even Jinn transcend to heaven including shayateen (satan). So whose voice was heard saying "this is my beloved son". Can you be so sure it is God's voice. Actually i should ask you, it is God's voice?

Question arise again; what is that clouded voice that said those words?

Now, another critical problem is Matthew 3:16-17 and 17:5 are speaking in form of a narration. That's, a person narrating the story and definitely the person is not God nor Jesus. Is Matthew Jesus's disciple? Who wrote those words in 3:16-27 and 17:5?

Think brother, think
Angels are servants of God as well as the servants of Jesus too. God is the one that said that. Moreover Matthew was one of His disciple. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. Jesus never said satan was in heaven. I reaffirm again that God made that two statements. Or who did you think made it,satan,Jinn or who? Tell me.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
Angels are servants of God as well as the servants of Jesus too. God is the one that said that. Moreover Matthew was one of His disciple. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. Jesus never said satan was in heaven. I reaffirm again that God made that two statements. Or who did you think made it,satan,Jinn or who? Tell me.
You made very bold declaration @bold. How can you be so sure?. Same Matthew said spirit of God descended and it was after that a voice was heard. Anyways, that's not really important. Point here is in what sense is Son Of God meant according to you as a disciple of Jesus, begotten?

Matthew a disciple? Interesting!. How then some of his accounts contradict other writers?. For instance, Luke accused Matthew of forgery.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
Muslims or Islam does not have the same beliefs as i do.
You have problems here buddy. First, Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet and messanger of God. Period.

I believe Jesus words only not even the bible.
Which is the other source and where is it?

Jesus is the son of God,
How?

not a servant neither a messenger.
You have serious problem here. Jesus himself said he is a messanger. And you claimed to believe in Bible?. You sure you read it very well? How about these ones Matthew 15:2, John 8:42, John 12:49-50, Malachi 3:1 ? to mention few.

He said He lay down His life Himself and He can take it up again,can't a servant or messenger say that.
So Jesus is a servant or messanger here now?. You confused?. Another problem you augmented upon yourself is underlined, where did he say that?

Muslims don't believe with in Jesus words as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and Jesus
We believe in what is in harmony with Quran
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
Jesus never called His disciples Christians,Jesus never founded Christianity. Christians follow the bible but his disciples don't. They always follow Jesus words only not the bible. Disciples of Jesus don't follow Paul because Paul is a stranger and the voice of a stranger,they don't follow. Please read my new post to see more. SOME OF THE BELIEFS OF THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS.

@bold, No I don't believe I will, you discredit the Bible, God inspired writings.

I agree with you, you are not a Christian.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 12:51am On Mar 29, 2016
FOR THE CHRISTIANS HERE:

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

@blue, Paul wrote Holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus,
here is one:
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

What an honor to be named "Christian" after our Lord Jesus "Christ"
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 1:10am On Mar 29, 2016
It is also a discredit to Nairaland forum, for not allowing the name "Jesus" to be capitalized.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 29, 2016
his real name is called " YAHUSHUA ". the name " Jesus " is fake. the Real name of God is " AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH ". Leave Religion. Religion is bad. just obey the commandments and laws in the Bible. the true day of worship is Saturday. the seventh day that AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH-the creator of heaven and earth, when he rested. not sunday.

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 10:46am On Mar 29, 2016
Op, Jesus in John 16:12 said He had many things to say but the disciples could not bear them then and said the Holy Ghost would reveal same when He comes and these are found in the Epistles. Disregarding those Epistles is disregarding Jesus Himself dont you think?

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by hydeehip(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
gimakon:

Hmm interest me. So the quran and hadiths that say "enter the bathroom with a right leg" or "wash your nostril in the morning, because devil sleeps in your nose at night" is the right one? Or a book which preaches core violence against women, and doesn't abhor slave trade is the right one? Or a book that rebels against the first 2 abrahamaic religions for the sake of supremacy is the right one.

Keep your al taqiya bullshit to yourself. You r too confused to tell me what religion I should follow. A religion that preaches love and peace and to respect humans is the religion I will follow.

May be u dnt knw read ds is nt wickedness yet u tel bible preach peace shud it b in ds form
Luke 19 vs 26-27
I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

1 Samuel 11:12
The people then said to Samuel, "Who was it that asked, 'Shall Saul reign over us?' Turn these men over to us so that we may put them to death

2 Chronicle 15:13
and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

Beast in d Bible
Song of Solomon 8:8
We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for

Wat is ds in HOLY BOOK HAAA....
Song Solomon 8
Your stature is like a palm tree, And your breasts are like its clusters. 8"I said, 'I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its fruit stalks.' Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, And the fragrance of your breath like apples,…

INCEST IN D BIBLE
Genesis 19:33
Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him that we may preserve our family through our father." 33 So they made their father drink wine that night, and the firstborn went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

MY QUESTION is, can ds b holy book? still wandering. my christian brothers pls no offence

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 2:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
hydeehip:
[color=#006600][/color]

May be u dnt knw read ds is nt wickedness yet u tel bible preach peace shud it b in ds form
Luke 19 vs 26-27
I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
That was a parable. Else, show us how John or Andrew executed this command.

The people then said to Samuel, "Who was it that asked, 'Shall Saul reign over us?' Turn these men over to us so that we may put them to death
1 Samuel 11:13
13 And Saul said, There shall not a man be put to death this day: for to day the Lord hath wrought salvation in Israel.

and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
That was a Theocratic nation making that oath of their own volition, not applicable to other nationalities.
Here is the context:

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 13 that whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 14 And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets. 15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.
2 Chronicles 15:12-15 They were even happy to do so!

Beast in d Bible
We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for
God created all things.

Song Solomon 8
Your stature is like a palm tree, And your breasts are like its clusters. 8"I said, 'I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its fruit stalks.' Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, And the fragrance of your breath like apples,…

That's a man to his spouse. God instituted marriage and everything (+ve) that goes on therein.

INCEST IN D BIBLE
Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him that we may preserve our family through our father." 33 So they made their father drink wine that night, and the firstborn went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.
That's the report of two perverse girls, not a command from a prophet.

MY QUESTION is, can ds b holy book? still wandering. my christian brothers pls no offence
My ADVICE is always read thoroughly before asking questions.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
^ when it comes to violence bible verses or undesirable phrases, it is always "parables". I hail thee. Christians dont carry last grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Empiree:
^ when it comes to violence bible verses or undesirable phrases, it is always "parables". I hail thee. Christians dont carry last grin
That passage was a parable:
And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return
Luke 19:11,12

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
Scholar8200:
That passage was a parable:
And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return
Luke 19:11,12

When a passage is a parable does that mean that it's contents are not to be taken as objective reality?

What I mean is, for example, most references to hell fire in the bible are found in parables and such where Jesus says that there will be 'gnashing and grinding of teeth'. Can we dismiss the fiery furnaces thus described as not being objectively real but simply part of a parable.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
PastorAIO:

When a passage is a parable does that mean that it's contents are not to be taken as objective reality?

What I mean is, for example, most references to hell fire in the bible are found in parables and such where Jesus says that there will be 'gnashing and grinding of teeth'. Can we dismiss the fiery furnaces thus described as not being objectively real but simply part of a parable.
Nobody said they should be dismissed or that they were not objective realities. But it will be wrong to call that a violence promoting verse without realizing the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
Scholar8200:

Nobody said they should be dismissed or that they were not objective realities. But it will be wrong to call that a violence promoting verse without realizing the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved.

So violence is okay if the timing of fulfilment is right!..?

In the case of the parable we are citing, who would you say were the characters that would be involved?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
PastorAIO:

So violence is okay if the timing of fulfilment is right!..?
That's your conclusion.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Scholar8200:

But it will be wrong to call that a violence promoting verse without realizing the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved.

Would you say the same when your brothers in faith quote supposed "violence verses" from Quran, and despite muslims attempts to explain those verses (which pretty much are embedded in their historical context via hadith and seerat), they still adamant?.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Empiree:
Would you say the same when your brothers in faith quote supposed "violence verses" from Quran, and despite muslims attempts to explain those verses (which pretty much are embedded in their historical context via hadith and seerat), they still adamant?.

Well, the challenge comes when on either side, request is made as to how those verses were fulfilled especially with respect to the speaker and that's because that is assumed to be the example still followed on either side today.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
Scholar8200:
Well, the challenge comes when on either side, request is made as to how those verses were fulfilled especially with respect to the speaker and that's because that is assumed to be the example still followed on either side today.

I expected you to say that. Fact is neither sides really fulfilling it in the right context today. Rather for political and greed under pretense of the scriptures.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 12:24am On Mar 30, 2016
777philosopher:
his real name is called " YAHUSHUA ". the name " Jesus " is fake. the Real name of God is " AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH ". Leave Religion. Religion is bad. just obey the commandments and laws in the Bible. the true day of worship is Saturday. the seventh day that AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH-the creator of heaven and earth, when he rested. not sunday.

[size=14pt]Understand This
The Messiah And The
Apostles Were Not
Christians......
They Were Hebrew!
They Were Israelites!
[/size]

Hebrews and Israelites can be Christian, so can German and african.
"Christian", means to follow Christ, the Apostles did that.

@top bold, Not a fake name at all, "Jesus" is what millions of people call Him.

In Hebrew my name is "Yochanan", but I speak English and I'm called "John"

The Son of God's name is "Yeshua" but I speak English and I call Him "Jesus"

Concerning the picture you posted of Jesus in Heaven, He has a white face not brown,
and His eyes are like flames.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 30, 2016
johnw74:

Hebrews and Israelites can be Christian, so can German and african.
"Christian", means to follow Christ, the Apostles did that.

@top bold, Not a fake name at all, "Jesus" is what millions of people call Him.

In Hebrew my name is "Yochanan", but I speak English and I'm called "John"

The Son of God's name is "Yeshua" but I speak English and I call Him "Jesus"

Concerning the picture you posted of Jesus in Heaven, He has a white face not brown,
and His eyes are like flames.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
i can see that you are a Caucasian devil. your ignorant race are parasite to the earth. you spread lies and love twisting scriptures for your evil greed. you, Big F O O L. your stupid race lied to the world saying that the people in the bible are caucasians. but all are Lies. the Real hebrew israelites are Bantu/Black people. Read Job 30:30, Job described himself to be a BLACK MAN. read Song of Solomon 1:5-6, solomon described himself to be a BLACK MAN.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 2:13am On Mar 30, 2016
777philosopher:
i can see that you are a Caucasian devil. your ignorant race are parasite to the earth. you spread lies and love twisting scriptures for your evil greed. you, Big F O O L. your stupid race lied to the world saying that the people in the bible are caucasians. but all are Lies. the Real hebrew israelites are Bantu/Black people. Read Job 30:30, Job described himself to be a BLACK MAN. read Song of Solomon 1:5-6, solomon described himself to be a BLACK MAN.

I don't care what color skin Job or Solomon had, I showed you where Jesus face in Heaven is white, you don't believe the verse, your problem.
However it's easy to see @bold that you are racist and not a Christian.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 30, 2016
johnw74:

I don't care what color skin Job or Solomon had, I showed you where Jesus face in Heaven is white, you don't believe the verse, your problem.
However it's easy to see @bold that you are racist and not a Christian.
you are a silly hypocrite!!! . all caucasians are hypocrites. is your skin colour, white? NO. it is Pink colour. White is different from Pink. and King Solomon of Israel is an Ancestor of YAHUSHUA- jesus. so he is an African/Bantu Man. i am not a christian. because Religion is a Fraud. The Bible is an African History. and it is only meant for African/Bantu People alone.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 8:13am On Mar 30, 2016
Empiree:
I expected you to say that. Fact is neither sides really fulfilling it in the right context today. Rather for political and greed under pretense of the scriptures.
Your opinion is noted.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2016
777philosopher:
you are a silly hypocrite!!! . all caucasians are hypocrites. is your skin colour, white? NO. it is Pink colour. White is different from Pink. and King Solomon of Israel is an Ancestor of YAHUSHUA- jesus. so he is an African/Bantu Man. i am not a christian. because Religion is a Fraud. The Bible is an African History. and it is only meant for African/Bantu People alone.

All you can do is answer things that were never said,
and going on the things you say, if brains were dynamite,
you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off smiley
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:
That's your conclusion.

Is that YOUR conclusion?

And please, don't forget this:
In the case of the parable we are citing, who would you say were the characters that would be involved?

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Is that YOUR conclusion?

And please, don't forget this:
No.
As regards that other part, analysis thereof has nothing to do with this thread hence I wont bother answering. However, an understanding of the parable(pls meet your priests for an explanation) would answer your question.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:
No.
As regards that other part, analysis thereof has nothing to do with this thread hence I wont bother answering. However, an understanding of the parable(pls meet your priests for an explanation) would answer your question.

If it has nothing to do with this thread then why did you bring it up?

I'll remind you:

Scholar8200:

the reason you gave for why that is not a violence promoting verse is that we have to realise 'the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved'.

It appears that you are saying that the act of beheading your enemies is NOT a violent act if done at a certain timing, and who the character who does it is.
Of course you can just deny this if you want, but if that is not what you are saying then explain what you're say in rephrased words.

Now this has been the flow of the conversation so I don't know why you're suddenly afraid to answer the question of who the characters are, even lying that it has nothing to do with this thread when you're the one that brought it up.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

If it has nothing to do with this thread then why did you bring it up?
I did not bring it up; it was a reply to this;
hydeehip:
[/color]
Luke 19 vs 26-27
Beast in d Bible
Song Solomon 8
INCEST IN D BIBLE
hydeehip:
[color=#006600]
Luke 19 vs 26-27
Beast in d Bible
Song Solomon 8
INCEST IN D BIBLE
So, blame him!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Loveworld International Music & Arts Awards (LIMA AWARDS 2017) Winners/ Prizes / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.