Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus (21200 Views)

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ / Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / Christianity; The Reason For Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:
I did not bring it up; it was a reply to this;
So, blame him!

Actually you did bring it up!

He threw some verse from the bible at you and in defence you brought up the issue of 'Timing' permitting acts of Violence and you brought up the issue of the importance of knowing who the characters in the parable are.

Ordinary simple question seeking elucidations now, and you are running away.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Actually you did bring it up!

He threw some verse from the bible at you and in defence you brought up the issue of[b]'Timing' permitting acts of Violence[/b] and you brought up the issue of the importance of knowing who the characters in the parable are.

Ordinary simple question seeking elucidations now, and you are running away.
Where did you get that from? Quote it.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:
Where did you get that from? Quote it.

Scholar8200:

it will be wrong to call that a violence promoting verse without realizing the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved.

Perhaps that's not what you wished to say.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Perhaps that's not what you wished to say.
Claiming a passage incites violence without understanding first that it was just a parable was wrong. Secondly, the fulfilment of that passage , which you called objective reality, is not historical but futuristic hence it remains that we wait and see if we can classify it as violent verse or not when the time comes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:
Claiming a passage incites violence without understanding first that it was just a parable was wrong. Secondly, the fulfilment of that passage , which you called objective reality, is not historical but futuristic hence it remains that we wait and see if we can classify it as violent verse or not when the time comes.

Regardless of when the act will be committed can we or can we not say that it is a violent act?

And Secondly, The cast of characters in the parable. Who are they that it will be okay for the acts committed to not be considered violent.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Regardless of when the act will be committed can we or can we not say that it is a violent act?
For now it is a parable, let's leave it at that.

And Secondly, The cast of characters in the parable. Who are they that it will be okay for the acts committed to not be considered violent.

Like I said, let's wait and see the objective reality before making a decision.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:

You mean that you do not know who the characters are.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

You mean that you do not know who the characters are.
grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
Scholar8200:

He's driving you crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Empiree:
He's driving you crazy grin
What gives you that impression?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by PastorAIO: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2016
Scholar8200:

It's the foam dripping from your mouth. Wipe it off, and answer my questions and people might not have that impression anymore.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Scholar8200(m): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

It's the foam dripping from your mouth. Wipe it off, and answer my questions and people might not have that impression anymore.
Okay.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2016
Scholar8200:
Bcus I know where he's driving at.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Interestingly confusing....a little
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
johnw74:

@bold, No I don't believe I will, you discredit the Bible, God inspired writings.

I agree with you, you are not a Christian.
Yeah,i am not a Christian. God never inspired all of the scriptures(bible). 2Tim 3:16. Paul was referring to the old testament,because the only scriptures then was the Hebrew scriptures (old testament). He never knew his letters will be compiled into a book called THE BIBLE .
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:
You have problems here buddy. First, Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet and messanger of God. Period.

Which is the other source and where is it?

How?

You have serious problem here. Jesus himself said he is a messanger. And you claimed to believe in Bible?. You sure you read it very well? How about these ones Matthew 15:2, John 8:42, John 12:49-50, Malachi 3:1 ? to mention few.

So Jesus is a servant or messanger here now?. You confused?. Another problem you augmented upon yourself is underlined, where did he say that?

We believe in what is in harmony with Quran
another typographical error,i can lay down my life and can take it back,can a servant or messenger say that?. Jesus is the son of God
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:
You have problems here buddy. First, Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet and messanger of God. Period.

How?

You have serious problem here. Jesus himself said he is a messanger. And you claimed to believe in Bible?. You sure you read it very well? How about these ones Matthew 15:2, John 8:42, John 12:49-50, Malachi 3:1 ? to mention few.

So Jesus is a servant or messanger here now?. You confused?. Another problem you augmented upon yourself is underlined, where did he say that?

No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This commandment I received from my Father."
John 10:18
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:

How?

I have checked all the scriptures you listed. All were confirming that Jesus is the Son of God. Malachi 3:1 was not referring to Jesus but John the Baptist. He was the messenger sent to prepare the way before Jesus.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
rexben:
I have checked all the scriptures you listed. All were confirming that Jesus is the Son of God. Malachi 3:1 was not referring to Jesus but John the Baptist. He was the messenger sent to prepare the way before Jesus.
So he was born by God? (astagfurllah)
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:
You made very bold declaration @bold. How can you be so sure?. Same Matthew said spirit of God descended and it was after that a voice was heard. Anyways, that's not really important. Point here is in what sense is Son Of God meant according to you as a disciple of Jesus, begotten?

Matthew a disciple? Interesting!. How then some of his accounts contradict other writers?. For instance, Luke accused Matthew of forgery.
Lol. Jesus is the Son of God. I am His disciple. He is the only way to God. He taught His disciples that God is His father and also their. So in order to get to God,i have to follow Jesus because He is the only way to God(John 14:6).
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
rexben:
another typographical error,i can lay down my life and can take it back,can a servant or messenger say that?. Jesus is the son of God
this contradicts another bible verse
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
rexben:
Lol. Jesus is the Son of God. I am His disciple. He is the only way to God. He taught His disciples that God is His father and also their. So in order to get to God,i have to follow Jesus because He is the only way to God(John 14:6).
but other prophets and messangers made the same claim in their time, that they are the only way to God. So it makes sense when Jesus said that at that time.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:
So he was born by God? (astagfurllah)
meaning?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Empiree:
but other prophets and messangers made the same claim in their time, that they are the only way to God. So it makes sense when Jesus said that at that time.
Jesus was or is not a messenger. Don't compare Him with liars that came to the earth deceiving people. He came from the Father and returned to the Father. No matter the arguments,you can change the truth. Jesus is the son of God. John 3:16. For God so love the world that He gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON(JESUS).
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
rexben:
Jesus was or is not a messenger. Don't compare Him with liars that came to the earth deceiving people. He came from the Father and returned to the Father. No matter the arguments,you can change the truth. Jesus is the son of God. John 3:16. For God so love the world that He gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON(JESUS).
This is irrational argument. Simple question I asked. When you said Jesus is son of God does that mean he was begotten and how?.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
rexben:
meaning?
how is Jesus soon of God ?. That's what I meant
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
johnw74:

All you can do is answer things that were never said,
and going on the things you say, if brains were dynamite,
you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off smiley

you devilish caucasian . always causing problem to the earth. you and your race will die with IGNORANCE AND HYPOCRISY.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Op, Jesus in John 16:12 said He had many things to say but the disciples could not bear them then and said the Holy Ghost would reveal same when He comes and these are found in the Epistles. Disregarding those Epistles is disregarding Jesus Himself dont you think?

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Jesus said the Holy Spirit not a man called Paul. Did you know why everyone that is born again has the Holy Spirit? It is because it is written"they will be taught by God","no one will have to tell His neighbor to know the Lord,because the law will be written in their heart. So you can see that Paul should not teach you,the Holy Spirit should teach you

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
That was a parable. Else, show us how John or Andrew executed this command.

1 Samuel 11:13
13 And Saul said, There shall not a man be put to death this day: for to day the Lord hath wrought salvation in Israel.

That was a Theocratic nation making that oath of their own volition, not applicable to other nationalities.
Here is the context:

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 13 that whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 14 And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets. 15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.
2 Chronicles 15:12-15 They were even happy to do so!
God created all things.

That's a man to his spouse. God instituted marriage and everything (+ve) that goes on therein.

That's the report of two perverse girls, not a command from a prophet.

My ADVICE is always read thoroughly before asking questions.
I love your comments,they are accurate. The truth still remains that the bible is not the word of God. You can attest to it that many people spoke even demons,devil,humans out of lusts and pleasures of life,prophets spoke etc. I am not a muslim,i a disciple of Jesus that believes on His word. John 8:31-32
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
That was a parable. Else, show us how John or Andrew executed this command.

1 Samuel 11:13
13 And Saul said, There shall not a man be put to death this day: for to day the Lord hath wrought salvation in Israel.

That was a Theocratic nation making that oath of their own volition, not applicable to other nationalities.
Here is the context:

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 13 that whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 14 And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets. 15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.
2 Chronicles 15:12-15 They were even happy to do so!
God created all things.

That's a man to his spouse. God instituted marriage and everything (+ve) that goes on therein.

That's the report of two perverse girls, not a command from a prophet.

My ADVICE is always read thoroughly before asking questions.
I love your comments,they are accurate. The truth still remains that the bible is not the word of God. You can attest to it that many people spoke even demons,devil,humans out of lusts and pleasures of life,prophets spoke etc. Why do we call it the word of God? Are you calling this people words the word of God. God is not the one speaking when e demon is speaking etc. I am not a muslim,i a disciple of Jesus that believes on His word. John 8:31-32
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Empiree:
^ when it comes to violence bible verses or undesirable phrases, it is always "parables". I hail thee. Christians dont carry last grin
Jesus never preached violence,He prevented His disciples from fighting,. He also rebuked His disciples when they asked Him to call down fire from above. He taught us not to resist an evil person. We should love our enemies,bless those that curse us. What more prove do you need. Be born again today Mr Empiree,Jesus loves you,He wants you to be among His flock.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
PastorAIO:

If it has nothing to do with this thread then why did you bring it up?

I'll remind you:

the reason you gave for why that is not a violence promoting verse is that we have to realise 'the timing of fulfilment and the characters that would be involved'.

It appears that you are saying that the act of beheading your enemies is NOT a violent act if done at a certain timing, and who the character who does it is.
Of course you can just deny this if you want, but if that is not what you are saying then explain what you're say in rephrased words.

Now this has been the flow of the conversation so I don't know why you're suddenly afraid to answer the question of who the characters are, even lying that it has nothing to do with this thread when you're the one that brought it up.
Pls can we get the biblical reference for the parable you guys are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians In UK Engage In Praise And Worship On The Street Of Cannock (video) / Becky And Paul Enenche Celebrate Christmas With Widows, Orphans, Others / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.