Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv (65917 Views)

4 Things You Must Do Before That Interview / Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by charming1111(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
In your search for employment, it is vital for you to know the information that is useful to your employers and present same on your CV.

Without further ado, outlined below is the list of 3 things employers hate to see on your CV.

1. INAPPROPRIATE EMAIL ADRESSESS: Email addresses such as tega2fine@yahoo.com and tinasexy4lagos@hotmail.com, should not be found on your CV. These email addresses does not portray you as a professional and as such, employers hate to see it on your CV. An example of email address that should be found on your CV is adebayojarvis@something.com.

2. DON’T ATTACH YOUR PHOTO TO YOUR CV: Please do not attach your photograph to your CV. Employers are always looking for reasons to screen out applicants; a photograph on your CV might create room for you to be screened out.

However, the exception to this rule is if the employer makes it mandatory that all applicants must affix their photos on their CVs.

3. POOR FORMATING:
All the information on your CV should be typed using the same font. A combination of fonts like century gothic, arial black, times new roman, etc, on one CV, should be avoided because, it won’t look attractive to your employers.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, KINDLY VISIT:http://www.infongr.com/2016/03/4-things-employers-hate-to-see-on-your.html

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
#Teamselfemployed

Click "like" if u agree...

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Localamos(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Interesting and informative. But where is the fourth point?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Pinkieblue(f): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
So what about those that get their job through phone call

9 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Johnnoo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
So many are guilty of these cool

Pinkieblue:
So what about those that get their job through phone call

Levels... grin grin

grayht:
#Teamselfemployed

Like selling Video DVD & Recharge cards... grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Ojestas(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
No 1. . I v seen something like this before.

A friend wanted to sign up a gmail account . . He asked for Truechelseafan4real@gmail.com. . .I told him, Oga, e be like say na Chelsea go hire you.

3. Lol. . Photo on CV, , na yearbook?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by kilokeys(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nice

But that dude cv Na wa.. Im wan die for ogbomoso ni?

I no go employ am o.

Because e must Ave Han haccent.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by boboLIL(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thank you, thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
well, that's not my headache for now
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Photo on CV are mostly required so i believe you are wrong

8 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by steffans(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Only kids use emails addresses like that.. At dis time..

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by MadCow1: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
charming1111:
In your search for employment, it is vital for you to know the information that is useful to your employers and present same on your CV.
Without further ado, outlined below is the list of 3 things employers hate to see on your CV.
1. INAPPROPRIATE EMAIL ADRESSESS: Email addresses such as tega2fine@yahoo.com and tinasexy4lagos@hotmail.com, should not be found on your CV. These email addresses does not portray you as a professional and as such, employers hate to see it on your CV. An example of email address that should be found on your CV is adebayojarvis@something.com.
2. DON’T ATTACH YOUR PHOTO TO YOUR CV: Please do not attach your photograph to your CV. Employers are always looking for reasons to screen out applicants; a photograph on your CV might create room for you to be screened out.
However, the exception to this rule is if the employer makes it mandatory that all applicants must affix their photos on their CVs.

3. POOR FORMATING:
All the information on your CV should be typed using the same font. A combination of fonts like century gothic, arial black, times new roman, etc, on one CV, should be avoided because, it won’t look attractive to your employers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, KINDLY VISIT:http://www.infongr.com/2016/03/4-things-employers-hate-to-see-on-your.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3524545_cv_jpeg9aebd0c6da411b101a48ae26f0a1a04d

One Important thing Employers hate is when you say they hate 4 things, meanwhile they only hate 3 Things.

grin

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by RandomVic(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Not detailed enough.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by seunlayi(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
an applicant for a driving job can also states the no of times he has escaped from accident with black power to boost his chance of getting the job grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by bankybobo11: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by merits(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Always claim single.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by sacora(f): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
hmmm.....informative
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by tempex88(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
how many people don check d websiyte
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
informative
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Emmanuel125(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
So true.. Lwkmd (tinasexy4laogos)
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Queennikky(f): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
Okay..... Buh like the Op is advertising that CV

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
Of all the names why Tega na? I left Caro, cos musicians no let the name rest..
Op change it to sukura2fyn@yahoo.com...
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Titikamara: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tall me were is job ? Self

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by MrBONE2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
No,4 avoid pranks"Lies Like lai Muhammed" or else Great One of KuVuKi Land grin will make the Employer Guwara you out of the job screaning exercise. grin

Gyarbonka Shakalalaaaaa ... grin

5 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by bisi16(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pple can book space shaa
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by jdstunt(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Very informative
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by blezzymoore: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
4 things employers love to see on ur CV

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by macino1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
informative. Though, with the trending employment scam in Nigeria. The purpose of CV is nearly becoming of no use. As connection, oga at the top, etc is replacing due process.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by MadCow1: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ojestas:
No 1. . I v seen something like this before.

A friend wanted to sign up a gmail account . . He asked for Truechelseafan4real@gmail.com. . .I told him, Oga, e be like say na Chelsea go hire you.

3. Lol. . Photo on CV, , na yearbook?

Or the ones with Jenny4Love@yahoo.com; UcheDbadGuy@gmail.com; Shakitibobo@ymail.com, Efejokumi@yahoo.co.uk, NkBaby4real@hotmail.com, e.t.c.

And they will be wondering why no company has ever called them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by palladin: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
Currently adding a new feature to my app (MyJob app on android) which will make it possible to create powerful cv's in up to 10 different formats in less than 5 mins

Users will also be able to evaluate their cv's using 2 applicant tracking systems (ATS). It's quite tough which explains why it's taking long but someone's gotta do it. smiley

You can find the app here

www.e-testpedia.com/myjob.apk or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=myjob.akinola.com.myjob

As i said this feature HAS NOT YET BEEN ADDED. It is still under development (60% complete)

See pix for proof

Nb: The cv samples posted here are just tests, the content are simply space holders. You get the gist.

***Modified: The app is now complete and has been launched. Download, use and thank me later

7 Likes

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by oc2fish: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Can some please give the email that can be used to report erring bank to CBN?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 / Hyundai Dealership Employed Dog As Sales Person With I.D, Desk In Brazil(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.