Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv (65953 Views)

4 Things You Must Do Before That Interview / Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Emyben(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
nenergy:
I sent my CV to a UK expert, she gave me an excellent feedback. Want a CV like that? See my signature or PM me. N1,000 only!

First person to quote me gets a free CV review (Not makeover o) grin

lol...Baba, my free CV review. I need it, still serving tho
Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Cutehector(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Rubbish

Absolutely rubbish

Hello peeps, I attached my photo to my cv and I was still called for an interview.

So watever people write up there is balderdash. If God says u r d one, hell damn d rules!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
thanks
Cutehector:
Rubbish

Absolutely rubbish

Hello peeps, I attached my photo to my cv and I was still called for an interview.

So watever people write up there is balderdash. If God says u r d one, hell damn d rules!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Cutehector(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
jentezen:
thanks
u welcome bro. Pls dnt listen to rules.. jobs these days are for those who break the rules, those who do the impossible! Those who dare
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Sike(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Noted
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by nenergy(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Emyben:

lol...Baba, my free CV review. I need it, still serving tho Thank you sir!
PM me!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilokeys:
Nice

But that dude cv Na wa.. Im wan die for ogbomoso ni?

I no go employ am o.

Because e must Ave Han haccent.

ROTFL cheesy
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by fejicruz(m): 11:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
I guess you want us to pay you money so you can help us write a CV?
How ask pushcv.com how many people dey succeed catch mugu
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Olamiconqueror: 12:05am On Mar 24, 2016
grayht:
#Teamselfemployed
bro, both self employment and pay employment are okay depending on the situation on ground. Or where do you think to raise your start-up capital as a self employed? U must surely start from somewhere.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by lanchy: 2:28am On Mar 24, 2016
kilokeys:
Nice

But that dude cv Na wa.. Im wan die for ogbomoso ni?

I no go employ am o.

Because e must Ave Han haccent.

Chei wetin him do you ehh!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Timossa(m): 2:41am On Mar 24, 2016
charming1111:
In your search for employment, it is vital for you to know the information that is useful to your employers and present same on your CV.

Without further ado, outlined below is the list of 3 things employers hate to see on your CV.

1. INAPPROPRIATE EMAIL ADRESSESS: Email addresses such as tega2fine@yahoo.com and tinasexy4lagos@hotmail.com, should not be found on your CV. These email addresses does not portray you as a professional and as such, employers hate to see it on your CV. An example of email address that should be found on your CV is adebayojarvis@something.com.

2. DON’T ATTACH YOUR PHOTO TO YOUR CV: Please do not attach your photograph to your CV. Employers are always looking for reasons to screen out applicants; a photograph on your CV might create room for you to be screened out.

However, the exception to this rule is if the employer makes it mandatory that all applicants must affix their photos on their CVs.

3. POOR FORMATING:
All the information on your CV should be typed using the same font. A combination of fonts like century gothic, arial black, times new roman, etc, on one CV, should be avoided because, it won’t look attractive to your employers.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, KINDLY VISIT:http://www.infongr.com/2016/03/4-things-employers-hate-to-see-on-your.html

Another point is that, applicants should never write Curriculum Vitae at the top of their Résumés.

EARN YOUR BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ONE MONTH FROM A REPUTABLE, LEGAL AND RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY IN BENIN REPUBLIC, THROUGH DEGREE BY WORK EXPERIENCES OR STUDIES. SEND your message to the email attached to my profile below. Only serious minded people should email us. Thank you.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:44am On Mar 24, 2016
I have very many Cv's from Nigerians over my 16 years of travelling back and forth. My major difficulty with them is that thay all look the same and after reading about three I and everybody else grow totally bored with them. Now remember that there could be dozens of applicants in for the one job. Employers therefore are looking for something that makes one stand out above the others.

Culturally you guys seem to have a specific format to follow and as we see from this thread it discourages a photo. In other places I would encourage a photo as it conveys several positive attributes:

You can appear professionally dressed anf presented.
Your CV sticks in their mind and stands out from the rest of the boring mediocracy.
You clearly have IT skills.
You are more worldly and sophisticated than those blindly following some (frankly stupid) local norm.
You have INITIATIVE!

Nope, I dont expect to change an entire culture but do be aware that better ways to do things do exist.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 24, 2016
Thanks op
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2016
Surething bro, I like ur spirit
Cutehector:
u welcome bro. Pls dnt listen to rules.. jobs these days are for those who break the rules, those who do the impossible! Those who dare
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Hormoniyi25(m): 7:44am On Mar 24, 2016
grayht:
#Teamselfemployed

Click "like" if u agree...

Bro u jst wrote what thinking...

#teamselfemployed
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Emyben(m): 7:56am On Mar 24, 2016
nenergy:
PM me!
I just did that sir. I appreciate the help you wanna offer very much. Thanks in advance!
Acknowledge the receipt of my PM anytime you are free. Thanks
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Timossa(m): 8:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Bloggz74:
There are three things I spotted wrong with the sample CV;
*Coloured mail address.
*poor formating(writing in italic)
*duration in your education not needed.(Ie 2001-2005)simply state when u graduated.

I simply don't think the duration on your résumé will kick you out of the interview. As an HR Practitioner, I am concerned about what the person says, the dress sense, your grammar and comportment. Its just beyond your résumé. What if your résumé does not depict what you say when you appear at the interview?

I will be like.... THEY DID THIS RÉSUMÉ FOR YOU... Abi?
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by VivaDeAngelo(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pinkieblue:
So what about those that get their job through phone call

See Pinkieblue of PushCv. ooooo grin

Abeg say me hi to Cacausian if he is still in active mode.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Pinkieblue(f): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
VivaDeAngelo:

See Pinkieblue of PushCv. ooooo grin

Abeg say me hi to Cacausian if he is still in active mode.

Chaiiiiiiiiii..... vivadeangelo I see u..... all of u just forgot about me

Caucasian is a politician now o...... making money anyhow

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by DrTonex(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
steffans:
Only kids use emails addresses like that.. At dis time..
how do you mean sir?
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by VivaDeAngelo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pinkieblue:

cheesy
Pinkieblue:

Loooool.........Caucasian politician? Anyway,he will be a handful. My dear,I didn't forget you,you have always been in my thoughts cheesy
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Pinkieblue(f): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
VivaDeAngelo:
cheesy

Loooool.........Caucasian politician? Anyway,he will be a handful. My dear,I didn't forget you,you have always been in my thoughts cheesy
Then what's ur excuse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 / Hyundai Dealership Employed Dog As Sales Person With I.D, Desk In Brazil(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.