Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel - Jobs/Vacancies (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel (775788 Views)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Erisco Foods Limited 2016 Recruitment (97 Positions) / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by PMPhoenix(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2016
Dillions22:
All this interferance doesn't occur wen army , navy, airforce etc ar recruiting . Y is all dis apening in d npf. I tire ooo . I may even change my mind abt dis recruitment n switch my sef to som tin else
Bruh, it gives us a hint of how strong a dirty grip Nigerian politics and politicians have on the police, too much political influence in the police and that's how curroption breeds among the officers, what they don't understand is that be it by local government, or per state, it won't make much of a difference if the recruits are lackadaisical, weak minded, uncommitted and unfit to do the job, and the more time they waste being at loggerheads with themselves in their big air conditioned offices, the more likely we are to lose our drive

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by lebete3000: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2016
Dillions22:
All this interferance doesn't occur wen army , navy, airforce etc ar recruiting . Y is all dis apening in d npf. I tire ooo . I may even change my mind abt dis recruitment n switch my sef to som tin else

Bro NAVY DSSC 23 don comot, I Don dey try apply with some difficulties. Let's roll men.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Freeheart(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2016
A cold war appears on between the Inspector General of Police, #NigeriaTribune

Idris Ibrahim and his immediate predecessor, Solomon Arase, over sundry issues including the management of funds released by the presidency for the recruitment and training of 10,000 policemen.
Saturday Tribune authoritatively gathered that the Presidency released a sum of N8.6 billion as intervention fund for the recruitment exercise.
A police source disclosed that out of the sum, N179 million was for the renovation of the five police colleges to train those to be recruited. Allowance and salaries of the recruits were to take N2.8 billion and feeding N3.4 billion.
Saturday Tribune also gathered that, among others, accoutrement and uniform for those to be recruited were to take N1.013 billion, teaching aids N118 million while arms and ammunition for shooting range got an allocation of N450 million.
However, Saturday Tribune gathered authoritatively that a discreet investigation is going on on the stewardship of Arase while in office with investigators said to have started gathering information and data as regards the tenure of the former IGP.
An area of interest for the investigators, it was learnt, is the N8.6billion recruitment funds and, in particular, the renovation of the police colleges which are to house the 10,000 police recruits when they start their training. The high powered team of investigators set up by IGP Idris is said to be ascertaining the quality of work done on the colleges.
All attempts to get the former IGP Arase to get his own side proved abortive as he was said to be out of town. A source close to him however told Saturday Tribune that the funds for the recruitment exercise are intact in police bank accounts and that all documents relating to the funds are with the police authorities. The source added that “the facts are contained in the handover note of Arase to his successor” and wondered why there should be any controversy on the issues in the first place.
The source told Saturday Tribune that all jobs done on the colleges were duly documented and supervised and that the press should stop brewing a crisis in the police force as the former IGP and his successor are maintaining a very good relationship.
IGP Idris fired the first salvo on assumption of office when he announced that 24 vehicles were missing in the police pool while the former IGP replied that nothing of such happened.
Again, a few days ago, a report quoted the police as saying that 19 vehicles were recovered from the former IGP’s house, which again he has debunked challenging those behind the report to publish the registration numbers of the recovered vehicles if they were sure of their facts.
President Muhammadu Buhari had early this year during the police security summit in Abuja announced that the police would recruit 10, 000 policemen and women this year as they had not done any recruitment in the past five years, while the manpower continued to depreciate owing to retirements and deaths.
Investigations revealed that in the last five years of non-recruitment, the police had lost over 5,000 policemen and women due to retirements and deaths.Meanwhile, the recruitment exercise has been put on hold to iron out some allegations leveled against the police service commission by the House of Representative on the exercise.
Saturday Tribune gathered that following the approval of the president for the recruitment, the intervention fund was subsequently approved to cater for the training, allowances, salaries, feedings and accouterments and uniforms.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by youngberry001(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
Freeheart:
A cold war appears on between the Inspector General of Police, #NigeriaTribune

Idris Ibrahim and his immediate predecessor, Solomon Arase, over sundry issues including the management of funds released by the presidency for the recruitment and training of 10,000 policemen.
Saturday Tribune authoritatively gathered that the Presidency released a sum of N8.6 billion as intervention fund for the recruitment exercise.
A police source disclosed that out of the sum, N179 million was for the renovation of the five police colleges to train those to be recruited. Allowance and salaries of the recruits were to take N2.8 billion and feeding N3.4 billion.
Saturday Tribune also gathered that, among others, accoutrement and uniform for those to be recruited were to take N1.013 billion, teaching aids N118 million while arms and ammunition for shooting range got an allocation of N450 million.
However, Saturday Tribune gathered authoritatively that a discreet investigation is going on on the stewardship of Arase while in office with investigators said to have started gathering information and data as regards the tenure of the former IGP.
An area of interest for the investigators, it was learnt, is the N8.6billion recruitment funds and, in particular, the renovation of the police colleges which are to house the 10,000 police recruits when they start their training. The high powered team of investigators set up by IGP Idris is said to be ascertaining the quality of work done on the colleges.
All attempts to get the former IGP Arase to get his own side proved abortive as he was said to be out of town. A source close to him however told Saturday Tribune that the funds for the recruitment exercise are intact in police bank accounts and that all documents relating to the funds are with the police authorities. The source added that “the facts are contained in the handover note of Arase to his successor” and wondered why there should be any controversy on the issues in the first place.
The source told Saturday Tribune that all jobs done on the colleges were duly documented and supervised and that the press should stop brewing a crisis in the police force as the former IGP and his successor are maintaining a very good relationship.
IGP Idris fired the first salvo on assumption of office when he announced that 24 vehicles were missing in the police pool while the former IGP replied that nothing of such happened.
Again, a few days ago, a report quoted the police as saying that 19 vehicles were recovered from the former IGP’s house, which again he has debunked challenging those behind the report to publish the registration numbers of the recovered vehicles if they were sure of their facts.
President Muhammadu Buhari had early this year during the police security summit in Abuja announced that the police would recruit 10, 000 policemen and women this year as they had not done any recruitment in the past five years, while the manpower continued to depreciate owing to retirements and deaths.
Investigations revealed that in the last five years of non-recruitment, the police had lost over 5,000 policemen and women due to retirements and deaths.Meanwhile, the recruitment exercise has been put on hold to iron out some allegations leveled against the police service commission by the House of Representative on the exercise.
Saturday Tribune gathered that following the approval of the president for the recruitment, the intervention fund was subsequently approved to cater for the training, allowances, salaries, feedings and accouterments and uniforms.
source pls.........
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Freeheart(m): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
youngberry001:
source pls.........
Tribune
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by nobleman1st: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dis recruitment has come 2 stay, nothing devil can do. We shall get there inshaAllah bikudratiLlah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
There is no cause for worry at all, money for uniform & salaries has been approved and disbursed, renovation work at the various training school has been completed and the exercise is scheduled to be concluded this year.

The issue at hand is nothing but a class struggle and it's quite trivia. Just a single presidential directive would put it to rest.

The southern legislators will never oppose the criteria of equality of LG because their siblings and constituents will be the greatest beneficiaries.

Very soon, the attention of PMB will be called to the stalemate. Infact multiple tweets to his twitter handle @Mbuhari and that of his media aids (femi adesina and garba Shehu) could call his attention to the impasse.

Keep up the faith comrades!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Rogersmith(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:
There is no cause for worry at all, money for uniform & salaries has been approved and disbursed, renovation work at the various training school has been completed and the exercise is scheduled to be concluded this year.

The issue at hand is nothing but a class struggle and it's quite trivia. Just a single presidential directive would put it to rest.

The southern legislators will never oppose the criteria of equality of LG because their siblings and constituents will be the greatest beneficiaries.

Very soon, the attention of PMB will be called to the stalemate. Infact multiple tweets to his twitter handle @Mbuhari and that of his media aids (femi adesina and garba Shehu) could call his attention to the impasse.

Keep up the faith comrades!
I'm calling the house to get his attention vie his twitter handle. I just sent mine.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by bigtimemugu(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
Money for d uniform has been disbursed,OK pls help me tell dem my waist seize -36,my foot seize-45,my trouser lenght-42,my shoulder pad- 16. Am waiting for my uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Rogersmith:

I'm calling the house to get his attention vie his twitter handle. I just sent mine.
Weldone, I'll toll your path, who knows if it is our tweets that could secure his attention.

These are the legitimate handles of both the president and his media aides.

@NGRPresident @MBuhari @GarShehu @BashirAhmaad
@toluogunlesi @AsoRock @FemAdesina

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
Rogersmith kindly retweet.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by sojiboy(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:

Weldone, I'll toll your path, who knows if it is our tweets that could secure his attention.

These are the legitimate handles of both the president and his media aides.

@NGRPresident @MBuhari @GarShehu @BashirAhmaad
@toluogunlesi @AsoRock @FemAdesina

Guys I buy your ideas but I think we should make an harshtag, I ve once said this earlier but it was overlooked, let's make a trend on Twitter either with #policerecuitment or anything that can go. Then we tag twitter warlords in any of our tweets to make it go viral. Let's use harshtag, dey will see the seriousness when it goes viral. Let's think of one. So many pple mention Buhari and other aforementioned handles daily, dey may nt even see ours. Let act on it asap

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
See tacit response I got after my tweets oooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by uwagimboo: 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
Would've loved to reply Mr. Femi, if state policing ve not started yet, why employ based on that

Dislike Twitter but this latest trend would make me get my handle back..

@Citizenjuwon...
Amadioha bless your ways...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Rogersmith(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
Just twittered @channeltv, @ait online and @radio nigeria.let the twitter rain start! Lets rain on them fellows...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by sojiboy(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ope ooo all of una come out ooo, I heard from a police source that it gonna be on Tuesday oooo.
The source said Nov 1-6 one of those 5daus is sure.

Though am not sure cos he didn't give what has actually changed from what we ve been hearing.

U re free to quote me if I ve something reasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Dillions22(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
Sojiboy did u got ur info frm pcs source or frm an ordinary police officer?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Emmysteve(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
sojiboy:
Ope ooo all of una come out ooo, I heard from a police source that it gonna be on Tuesday oooo.
The source said Nov 1-6 one of those 5daus is sure.

Though am not sure cos he didn't give what has actually changed from what we ve been hearing.

U re free to quote me if I ve something reasonable to say.
Better shut up and go into the Lord in prayers. We are in for another long wait as it was reported in the news today that the police will carry out a thorough investigation on the former IG Solomon Arase. They are accusing the former boss of spending part of the money meant for the recruitment while in office. Can you imagine? How is that possible? I wonder how we ended up with Ibrahim Idris as the new IGP despite other qualified officers. Immediately he resumed office, the first thing he did was to accused his former boss of carting away with several official vehicles which turned out to be false. Few weeks ago, he laid similar allegations. I am just trying to point to you the kind of IGP we have now. That's what happens when you have a wrong person in a particular position.

Normally, when the issue of State/LGA disparity came in, the NPF were supposed to work hand in hand together with PSC with one voice. In fact, it was reported last week or so that the PSC were on the verge of compiling the final list when IGP ordered the police men on ground to vacate the Jigawa venue of the recruitment. Isn't it absurd for Police Chief to support the Senate committee chairman stand on the issue of LGA/state disparity instead of PSC?....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Oyinlade07(m): 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
@Emmysteve u would have made more sense if u had not asked him 2 shut up..U don't own dis thread..Wot I know is dat d list is coming out next month...U made a lot of sense but asking him 2 shut up is uncalled for...D list will be out next month dats wot I'm sure of...

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by abdulkabirtobi(m): 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
citizenjuwon:
Rogersmith kindly retweet.
I have just followed you on twitter and re tweeted some of your tweets
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:

I have just followed you on twitter and re tweeted some of your tweets
I like the point you raised and have retweeted same.

I didn't know an hash tag #policerecruitment existed already, since August.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by sojiboy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Oyinlade07:
@Emmysteve u would have made more sense if u had not asked him 2 shut up..U don't own dis thread..Wot I know is dat d list is coming out next month...U made a lot of sense but asking him 2 shut up is uncalled for...D list will be out next month dats wot I'm sure of...

Oyin I Wud ve Loved to answer his tantrums but then silence is D best Ansa for him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by sojiboy(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
citizenjuwon:

I like the point you raised and have retweeted same.

I didn't know an hash tag #policerecruitment existed already, since August.

We can make it trend, if we re willing
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Rogersmith(m): 5:35am On Oct 31, 2016
sojiboy:

We can make it trend, if we re willing
What are we waiting for? Let's do it.
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by EnEnPeecee: 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
I Would have loved the tweeting idea but the problem we have in this country today is that, our leaders are deaf, blind and dumb. They care less about the sovereign masses
Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by hatyhem: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by citizenjuwon(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Expect something positive anytime soon.

Police recruitment resume as Senate, PSC resolve dispute
By Ismail Mudashir | Publish Date: Oct 31 2016

The recruitment of 10,000 personnel into the police force that was suspended following a clash between the Senate and Police Service Commission (PSC) would soon resume, Chairman Senate Committee on Police Affairs, Senator Abu Ibrahim (APC, Katsina South) has said.

The Senate had in a letter four weeks ago asked the PSC to suspend the exercise over alleged irregularity in the criteria adopted for the recruitment.

The Senate had suggested that the recruitment be done on Local government basis but the PSC insisted that it should be done per state.

Addressing newsmen yesterday, Senator Ibrahim said the clash between the Senate and the PSC has been resolved.

"We have resolved the issue and the recruitment would be done on local government basis. Very soon the exercise will resume, "he said.

He said the personnel to be recruited would form the foundation for the commencement of community policing in the country.

" Nine personnel would be recruited per local government area. The policemen would be used to form a unit for community policing in all the 774 local government areas of the country, "he said.

Ibrahim added that in the next three years, 30 personnel would be recruited per local government for the community policing programme.

Our correspondent had last week reported that President Muhammadu Buhari has waded into the clash between the Senate and the PSC.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/police-recruitment-resume-as-senate-psc-resolve-dispute/169410.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Babagana011: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
That's the kind of news/info we want to be hearing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Let's not let this news hinder us....sen. Ben Murray Bruce is a senator that reads his mentions...let's all collectively tweet at him, it will expedite the process...

This is his handle @benmurraybruce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Rayplanet(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
That's good to hear. Meaning the long awaited mail would soon roll in. May we be favoured.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by Zucci: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
Good news, the letters would be rollin out this week hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel by entapryce: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pogba:
Let's not let this news hinder us....sen. Ben Murray Bruce is a senator that reads his mentions...let's all collectively tweet at him, it will expedite the process...

This is his handle @benmurraybruce

This one u are re-tweeting, don't go and wake ur "village people" to spoil this recruitment for me o... I'm not insulting u but @benmurraybruce or whatever is an anti APC senator. in fact it's just like asking Fayose to submit ur final year script to a lecturer called buhari. I hope u understand my point.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (256) (Reply)

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme / Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.