Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) (7100 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter is Justified, Buhari should not re-contest - Junaid Mohammed / Fake Certificate Revelations Have Justified Us – Kogi Govt / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2016
Though I may not be a fan of Mr Nnamdi Kanu nor an IPOB agitator, I agree with him for the first time in his tag on Nigeria as a zoo(if not worse than a zoo). I apologise to my friends and compatriots on this forum and others like twitter, palm chat and Facebook that may feel offended by my use of harsh words.

I am not a separatist, but 100% behind the Nigerian project, and I have never given up on Nigeria. I have argued repeatedly and disputed with Kanu's supporters that comparing Nigeria to a zoo is an insult on Nigerians. However, I must confess that comparing Nigeria to a zoo is not an insult on Nigerians but an insult on animals in the zoo. I apologise to fellow citizens but who can fault that a zoo is not better organised than Nigeria?

If Nigeria is not a zoo, how could a President watch while his minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi utter these words "I have told the IG that I cannot work with CP Musa (Kimo), and we will not work with him. I hope you all know where Mbu (former Rivers commissioner of police) is now?" When did the respected office of the Inspector General of Police start taking orders from cabinet ministers? No sane country would tolerate such from any citizen not to talk of cabinet minister.

It is only in a zoo that a whole Director General of a federal agency will publicly boasts of manipulating federal apparatchik to influence electoral process. I am referring to the words of Dakuku Peterside, the DG of NIMASA when he said "and the power to do that election magic wey dem do for April, it is in our hands. No be so?" (both reckless statements were made during the run up to the Rivers rerun election).

It is only in a zoo that organs of government would deliberately disobey court order and still expect citizens to respect court order. By this I am referring to the disregard of court restraining order on the army from participating in Rivers rerun poll. For the record, two days before the Rivers rerun, Justice George Omeriji of Rivers state high court restrained the army from being deployed to the state for the sake of the election. According to the judgement,
“That an order of interim injunction be and is hereby made restraining the 1st (Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi), 5th (INEC), and 6th (Government of Rivers State) respondents from the use of deploying of the 2nd (Chief of Defence Staff), 3rd (Chief of Army staff) and 4th (Brigadier General, Steve Olabanjo) Bridage Commander, Amphibious Brigade, Port Harcourt respondents whether by themselves, their agents, servants, officers, operatives or privies to conduct, monitor and supervise the state and National Assembly elections in Rivers State on 19 March, 2016.

“An interim order is hereby made restraining Chief of Defence Staff, Chief of Army Staff, Brigade Commander, 2nd Amphibious Brigade, whether by themselves, their agents, servants, officers and operatives or privies from interfering with the applicants’ right to freely participate in the government of Nigeria either directly or through free chosen representatives, threatening to arrest, harass, intimidate, torture, incarcerate the applicants and their members during the rerun elections for the state and National Assembly on 19th March, 2016.”
http://guardian.ng/news/court-bars-army-from-rivers-polls/

Just like a zoo, the army and other respondents vacated the judgement by themselves without going to the same judge or a superior court, and went ahead to participate in the bloody election. By so doing, they made themselves a superior court and more learned than Justice George. The same government and security agencies that disobeyed a simple restraining order expect Mr Government Tompolo to honor court summons that they disregard(perhaps I was wrong to have told tompolo to honour court summon)

It is even ironic that the present ruling party was the first group that repeatedly went to court to stop the army from being used as security in any election when they were in opposition. The party also wrote letter to exPresident Jonathan advising him not to use the military for the 2015 election. It is also on record that the incumbent President Buhari CONDEMNED the use of army for election purpose when he was opposition leader.

It is only in a zoo that stakeholders values the outcome of an election more than lives of her citizens. Non of the major actors is talking about justice for all those that were killed prior to, during and after the Rivers rerun election, including the slain youth corp member, Mr Samuel Okonta beyond dramatisation. Instead the authorities and interests groups are more concerned with the final outcome of the bloody contest.

It is only in a zoo that the TWO arms of government would publicly admit scam in the country's budget only to defend and pass the budget into law. The same budget that cost the former DG Budget office his job is the same budget that the Senate passed into law.

It is only in a zoo that a government institution would secretly employ children of the wealthy political class, and openly justify such as "technical recruitment". I'm referring to a recruitment that didn't give opportunity to the masses to participate in the recruitment process even if it will be for the sake of formality. When every sane society has gone beyond nepotism, a zoo still hang on it and defend it.

It is only in a zoo that Senators would joyfully reject a bill to grant women equal right in the society. This cannot happen in any sane society in this 21st century. I wonder whether we are in year 2016 or year 1620BC.

It is only in a zoo that a group of marauders and terrorists hiding under the veil of fulani herdsmen would openly brandish ammunitions, and kill a whole community, with a Police IG telling us that the reported 300 massacre was "overrated" instead of going after the killers, to apprehend and prosecute them irrespective of the number of victims of the attack.

While it is heartbreaking to watch this potentially great country slide into disgraceful state, I shall continue to contribute my quota to the progress of Nigeria irrespective of the fact that the country's present state is not only "zooish" but worse than a zoo(at least the zoo have keepers to ensure animals are in order).

May God Help Us All and Put Us On The Right Path...

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Pheals(f): 9:03am On Mar 24, 2016

Bro calling Nigeria a Zoo is not the best way !! You are in the zoo also then and u know what creatures in the zoo are called! I understand what u are trying to say but as long as u called it a zoo foreigners will call u what then since u are in the zoo?

6 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by White007(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Samotobor1(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by crownwealth: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2016
Nigeria is under heavy yoke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by gartamanta: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2016
The only difference between someone like me and Barcanista is that he is still a years away from realising that Nigeria is a hopeless case and the best thing is to hold a referendum and allow people such as an Igbo born son of the the soil like me to exit this 'Lord Lugard Created House of commotion' called Nigeria.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by lekkie073(m): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2016
rants drom a deranged fellow. ...

6 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by omenka(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2016
I live in a Country, the name of that country is Nigeria, and it is NOT a ZOO.

If anyone says they live in a ZOO, then they must indeed be animals.

Mr man, stop trying too hard to earn back support from your estranged fans. They'll re-embrace you if they will in their own time. Your initial "apology" obviously didn't hit bull's eye, now you have to call the, country which you profess to be loyal to, a Zoo (just like them) simply to make yourself more attractive to them.

It is only a matter of time before you start spamming the forum with pro-Biafran threads, all in a desperate bid to recover your fans.

Such a pity.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2016
The king of the zoo(buhari ) is a toothless one. The op is right

11 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by tayebest(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2016
This dude is a pained analyst and also a betrayer! Why cant you quote wike's gilberish talk with silly assertion he is potraying on media. Bro no one is supporting violence but been loopsided is very bad and calling your own country zoo calls for your head in a hole angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Lattop(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2016
With these write up now I believed u are truely a deranged fellow

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It is only in a zoo that a government institution would secretly employ children of the wealthy political class, and openly justify such as "technical recruitment". I'm referring to a recruitment that didn't give opportunity to the masses to participate in the recruitment process even if it will be for the sake of formality. When every sane society has gone beyond nepotism, a zoo still hang on it and defend it.

It is only in a zoo that a group of marauders and terrorists hiding under the veil of fulani herdsmen would openly brandish ammunitions, and kill a whole community, with a Police IG telling us that the reported 300 massacre was "overrated" instead of going after the killers, to apprehend and prosecute them irrespective of the number of victims of the attack.

Spot on! Buhari is doing his best to disintegrate this Country. As an anti-corruption crusader, if Godwin Emefiele is not fired for the CBN's secret & illegal recruitment, then the difference between Ebele Jonathan & Buhari in terms of corruption is only their Caps.

15 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Destined2win: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2016
Hhahahahahaha...

Lalasticlala needs to read this
Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by cheruv: 9:22am On Mar 24, 2016
gringringrin
40M Nigerian Igbos can no longer be part of this hellhole called Nigeria... This is a realization that has dawned on us since 1966. Am happy that our Akwa Cross cousins have realized that too and have joined us in the great effort.
While I call upon the Igbos of Ambazania, equatorial Guinea, Gabon and the US to support our redemption, all I can say to barca is

I bōla chi grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by cheruv: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2016
Zoharariel:

Spot on! Buhari is doing his best to disintegrate this Country. As an anti-corruption crusader, if Godwin Emefiele is not fired for the CBN's secret & illegal recruitment, then the difference between Ebele Jonathan & Buhari in terms of corruption is only their Caps.
Is this you or were you hacked?

6 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Beremx(f): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2016
Is someone trying to win the hearts of my fellow Igbos? grin
LWKMD!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Destined2win: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:
Is someone trying to win the hearts of my fellow Igbos? grin

LWKMD!!
Do you have any contrary view?

4 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2016
cheruv:

Is this you or were you hacked?

This is me. Buhari is yet to live up to our expectations - The same reason I hated Jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by evavista: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2016
If Nigeria is a zoo, so what type of animal are you?
Chameleon? Since we all know your history here No good citizen will equate his country to a zoo where animals are kept.

12 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2016
''Nigeria is indeed a zoo'' (Obodo umu anumanu), coming from Tonyebarcanista? shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by albany231: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2016
The op is an unstable water.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Beremx(f): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2016
omenka:

Mr man, stop trying too hard to earn back support from your estranged fans. They'll re-embrace you if they will in their own time. Your initial "apology" obviously didn't hit bull's eye, now you have to call the, country which you profess to be loyal to, a Zoo (just like them) simply to make yourself more attractive to them.

It is only a matter of time before you start spamming the forum with pro-Biafran threads, all in a desperate bid to recover your fans.

Such a pity.
Apology? I must have missed a lot while on maternity leave on nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

Please, I didn't call Nigeria a zoo, I only relate events with that of a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by ddippset(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2016
Barcanista missed the part of the animal kingdom where a certain squirrel named Wike said: Write your will before coming to rig elections in rivers, Write your will if you are coming as University adhoc staff, When you see ameachi beat him up., if i see amaechi in the corner I will punch him and he will sumersault 3 times before reaching the ground, that man in Abuja I will give him one punch and send him to his ancestors. Barcanista forgot how the same court injunction was viotaled by patience Jonathan and nyesom wike last elections, how wike became the governor during amaechi's tenure and Joseph mbu his deputy. Barcanista forgot how many Nigeria job seekers died in the immigration scam led by abba moro who was still Jonathan s darling, how money meant for arms was used to celebrate Christmas and sallah. In this zoo budget padding went on for 16 years and the beneficiaries had a filled day enjoying their loot. In this zoo wike used 5 out of 32 members to impeach a speaker, fayose used 5 out of 27 to impeach a speaker. In this zoo all result sheets were removed and given to wike last elections and when amaechi complained pdp apologists and ipob sympathizers told him to shut up. Barcanista the zoo remains the zoo, nothing has changed. Remove your head from the sands.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by omenka(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2016
Though I may not be a fan of Mr Nnamdi Kanu nor an IPOB agitator, I agree with him for the first time in his tag on Nigeria as a zoo(if not
worse than a zoo).

I am not a separatist, but 100% behind the
Nigerian project, and I have never given up on
Nigeria. I have argued repeatedly and disputed
with Kanu's supporters that comparing Nigeria
to a zoo is an insult on Nigerians. However, I
must confess that comparing Nigeria to a zoo is
not an insult on Nigerians but an insult on
animals in the zoo. I apologise to fellow citizens
but who can fault that a zoo is not better
organised than Nigeria?
Saving these so the next time he makes another u-turn, I'd put it right in his face.

4 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Beremx(f): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2016
Destined2win:
Do you have any contrary view?
about what? calling Nigeria a zoo? If indeed Nigeria is a zoo,then we are all animals including the op and you.

7 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by sauceEEP(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2016
Barcanista finally eating his words.

4 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by Pheals(f): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Please, I didn't call Nigeria a zoo, I only relate events with that of a zoo.

related or not it's same thing !!

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by omenka(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:
Apology? I must have missed a lot while on maternity leave on nairaland. grin
Still there on his profile I believe. They pounded him real hard. I believe that is the reason he had to take it to the next level by agreeing with Kanu "even though he's not a fan" that Nigeria is a Zoo.

Really feel sorry for him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by omenka(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Pheals:

[][]

Forget that, his topic clearly states ...Nigeria is INDEED a Zoo.

How is that a "comparism" and not a "definitive statement of opinion"??

Smh.

6 Likes

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by anomsodi(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
"Udele anyuo nsi na altar"

1 Like

Re: Events In This Country Have Justified That Nigeria Is Indeed A Zoo (A Must Read) by bloodykiller: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
[s]
omenka:

Such a pity.
[/s]

counter the argument he raised or just Sharap and get out
sore looser
Nonsense!

I love facts irrespective of who is dishing it out and this thread is just a pure undiluted facts.
if you don't like it just get out and dive into the ocean
onye ala
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) / Osinbajo Meets UNILAG FCT Alumni, Promises Support To Improve Sch infrastructure / How Is PHCN Doing In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.