Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,325 members, 7,815,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (44613 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Johnny19:
And so
it's significance eludes you?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by searay(m): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
HandsomeChris:
Is Buhari among?
he should be there his feet should be wash for more travelling and his head should be wash too wether he will have a little sense

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Etizz: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Why is dat girl blushing
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by gozmok1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
CATHOLIC DOCTRINE IS SYNONYMOUS WITH THAT OF ISLAM CAN'T THIS POPE PREACH SALVATION MASSAGES INSTEAD OF THIS PUBLICITY STUNT KISSING FEET NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Hero10001: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
sameer1212:
Abeg what does dis mean? Want to know plss.
He meant the Pope is very humble and he's full of love for humans despite their beliefs unlike the rogue mohamedans caliphs with forced conversion and jihad.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]This False Prophet will never tell them that Jesus is the Only way.
Instead he is kissing their feet.
Will that save them from the wrath of God?
[/size]
yekparikpa:
Be careful with your choice of words kid.

Don't mind him. He's displaying the obvious ignorance and fanaticism that a lot want to hold against the Catholic faith. Their only reaction is vitriol and aggression

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by dokyOloye: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]
Boko haram member.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Sunkyphil(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
dangerous n perilous times;d end tym d bible prophesied about;only God knows his true sons
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by smudge2079(m): 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
viqueta:
will it still be idolatry if it were done by your so-called Nigerian pastor?? if you don't know the significance better ask so that you can be schooled
pls tell us the significance if it is not idolatry. Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by adepiero: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
efosasere:
That's my Pope. Proud to be a Roman Catholic. But does it change the view an average muslim have against a non muslin or does it stop ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab, Boko Haram etc from continuing their jihad?
you are an hypocrite for not mentioning KKK and anti balaka.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Peacefulgold(m): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
skelewu404:
I don't even know y i opened this trend
Trend kwa!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by smudge2079(m): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hero10001:

He meant the Pope is very humble and he's full of love for humans despite their beliefs unlike the rogue mohamedans caliphs with forced conversion and jihad.
so d pope is now Jesus? Catholics and their beliefs. Repent u all or you perish

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by smudge2079(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Catholics are not Christians.... The sooner people know the better.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melinde: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
alienvirus:
Different forms of idolatry.
do you read your bible at all?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melinde: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
pls tell us the significance if it is not idolatry. Mtchewww
so you are indirectly condemning what Jesus Christ first did or is it omitted in your bible where He washed and kissed the feet of his disciples?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by goodlifehyd(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Read your bible properly and see if you worshiping God the right way moreover Jesus never called himself God. Kindly prove those pics below wrong cuz they preach Islam!!!!
chuose:
This False Prophet will never tell them that Jesus is the Only way.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Tobium1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
efosasere:
That's my Pope. Proud to be a Roman Catholic. But does it change the view an average muslim have against a non muslin or does it stop ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab, Boko Haram etc from continuing their jihad?

Abi, even with de 12 pple are all muslims, dat won't stop dose bastards from banging dia head to de ground and bombing de world

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by paschu: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]

And who made you God's spokes man? Action speaks LOUDER than words man.

Let the Holy Spirit do His job my friend. Withput Him a gazzillion words from you or me cannot save an ant, let alone a man. Jesus pursued relationship FIRST with sinners BEFORE ever preaching to them about the Kingdom.

He's here again getting the ground of these folks' hearts thoroughly watered through the Papalcy (for those who are not open yet). Who knows, The Lord of the Harvest Himself may send even a baby tomorrow (or any time) to plant the right WORD into these hearts in their right season. Then both him that watered and she that planted will reap in joy.

So I suggest you should not criticize what's bigger than your comprehension. Strive to keep yourself in the learning mode consistently. You'll be shocked that there are tons of things you have zero clue about currently regarding the gospel, Christ and His Kingdom.

Happy Easther Celeberation. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by ideatoprince18(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]
........ ur show of stupidity is first to none ....... pray .. tell me what makes him a false prophet .... is he because he accomodtes other religion while ur own fake pastors n fake imams cal down fire to burn them and even condemn people of different religion to hellfire even when God has not judged them ........ please comment wisely!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by 2special(m): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
I dont understand, So kissing and washing of feets now makes one{d one 'doing' d kissing} holy and humble.....na wa o!

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zoharariel:
This is nothing but another heightened show of hypocrisy.

Jesus didn't instruct you to wash the feets of Muslims. He commanded you to go sell everything you have, including your 48karat golden throne - and give to the poor.

1 minute the Pope is drinking beer; next minute he is washing the feets of Muslim grin
undecided undecided you disgust me

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
so d pope is now Jesus? Catholics and their beliefs. Repent u all or you perish
leave us(catholics) to our beliefs. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Na only money our own Catholic priests fit kiss for Nigeria..awon ole gbewiri
na high time to put them on salary scheme cheesy thats what they do in the west
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Ifebazz(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]
Borrow a brain, if you can't buy one. You surely are lacking one.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by much123456(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
I just don't understand some unstable people's comments. What good example do you want him to show, regardless if his doing what jesus did or not .for me I think that's enough reason for Muslims or another religion to embrace peace, and for people calling for his chair to feed the poor, do you know that Catholic has the biggest NGO in the world. Or would u prefer him to preach violence like the Muslim leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by TeamSimple(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Iranu. Remain for you to die on the cross Mr Pope.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
Catholics are not Christians.... The sooner people know the better.
keep doing your research you would get there soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by morule20(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
washing legs and kissing at d same time? it is good d pope is doing dat abroad, because if you try washing d legs of most northern muslems for niger, you go need one full tank of water with a bag of so klin to wash their legs before the kissing go start.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
much123456:
I just don't understand some unstable people's comments. What good example do you want him to show, regardless if his doing what jesus did or not .for me I think that's enough reason for Muslims or another religion to embrace peace, and for people calling for his chair to feed the poor, do you know that Catholic has the biggest NGO in the world. Or would u prefer him to preach violence like the Muslim leaders.
they want to be hearing "the lord said you be rich and buy land in lekki" grin cheesy not the truth

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by chuose: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
ideatoprince18:
........ ur show of stupidity is first to none ....... pray .. tell me what makes him a false prophet .... is he because he accomodtes other religion while ur own fake pastors n fake imams cal down fire to burn them and even condemn people of different religion to hellfire even when God has not judged them ........ please comment wisely!!!!

God said do not bow to idols but POpe Francis loves to bow to idols

Exodus 20 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third
and fourth generation of them that hate me

Pope Francis loves Idols that God hates.
He kiss idols that God commands not to do

1 Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel,
all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by mexzony: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
Propaganda and politicization.
Another one of the reasons though born a catholic, I am leaving the Catholic church.
Just realised I have left the church in my mind a very long time ago
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Banjoramos(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
How I wish Muslims and Christian should come together as one then the whole world will be in peace because Jehovah care for all of us be it Christian or Muslim.

The raster man called him jah

Muslims called him Allah

English man called him God.
But he is Jehovah.
We may have different names to called him but he cares for everyone.

Muslims and Christian let us stop fighting each other and start seeing ourselves as one.

A message from Godswillnwaoma.

As Muslims we are encouraged in the Quran and by our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to respect the beliefs of others. It is a fundamental principle of Islam that there is to be no compulsion in religion.

Whilst respecting others’ right to believe whatever they wish and whilst admiring the deep faith of many sincere individuals, Muslims would nonetheless like to tell others about Islam.

Muslims believe that Islam is the natural religion of mankind and that it has existed since the beginning of time. Allah Almighty spoke to His Creation right from the very beginning of time through Prophets.

It surely makes sense that the message He sent through these Prophets was the same message. It would make no sense at all that Allah would send different messages. Why would He do this? Is it to confuse people?

No, Muslims believe that the one message spoken by all Prophets was the Oneness of God. God, in other words, is without partner or equal and there is nothing like unto Him.

So are we saying, then, that Christians and Jews are telling lies when they speak about God? No, we are not. Muslims believe that over time the one message proclaimed by all Prophets became distorted, either through translation or even by deliberate effort on the part of some.

The specific messages given by individual Prophets were given to a particular people at a particular time in history. That is why Allah Almighty allowed these messages to become altered: they were never intended to last.

The message revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), however, was intended for all people and for all time, so it has remained completely unaltered since it was first revealed fourteen hundred years ago.

The problem that many people have today is that they have been fed a particular narrative for over two thousand years. In just a few days’ time, people all over the world will celebrate the ressurection of Jesus (peace be upon him).

Christian art, architecture, sculpture and poetry have all reinforced this notion of Jesus as God’s Son, born in a stable in Bethlehem, and people have come to accept this as fact, just as many people accept as fact that the same Jesus died on the Cross.

Muslims follow another narrative. The Quran tells them that Jesus did not die on the Cross and that he was not God’s son. Whilst his birth is described in the Quran, it is different to the one we have in the versions of the Christian Gospel which were chosen, from among many, by the early Church to represent it’s belief.

In talking to sincere Christian believers, then, we first have to begin, with tact and with respect, to suggest that what they believe as fact is not necessarily true.

The greatest appeal we have as Muslims is to appeal to reason. Islam teaches that there is a God and this God has spoken to His Creation since the beginning of time. This God can do whatever He wills and He needs no one else to help Him in His plan for Creation.

It just doesn’t make sense that this God would need to send a son down to earth to die on the Cross to save people from a sin committed at the beginning of time by Adam and Eve.

God can do whatever He wants. In the Muslim version of the Adam and Eve story, Adam and Eve are indeed tempted and do sin, but they are forgiven.They repented and Allah accepted their repentance and forgave them. Sending them down out of Paradise to the earth was not a punishment from Allah for what they did. Rather, it was something that Allah had destined for them before He ever created them. All of this is a part of the Divine Plan of Allah to make the world a “testing ground” as it were, for them and all the humans that came after them.
Their descendants forever don’t carry with them the guilt of that first sin. In such a case, even if Jesus (peace be upon him) did come down to earth to save mankind, what would he save them from?

Islam is so very simple. As Muslims we have made it seem so very complicated. The message of Islam, that there is a God Who speaks, speaks directly to the hearts of all people. Allah only needs to say to a thing “Be” and it is. He does not need a son or anyone else to help him. This is a very reasonable and sensible belief.

In talking to sincere believers of other faiths we need to approach each other with respect and to suggest very gently that they look again at what they believe and ask themselves is their belief reasonable and sensible.
Indeed, we believe that Islam is the fullness of revelation, completing all that had gone before and presenting a simple way for men and women to approach their Creator.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Ernest Agortey Marries Third Wife (Photos) / Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.