Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (44622 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Blueray: 12:47am On Mar 26, 2016
bezimo:
Catholics and their brand of Christianity. Na wa oh!!!
Is it not Idolatry of bowing to something or somebody except God.

I though Jesus Christ mandated that they should be preached to. (Hindus, muslims etc)What is the pope doing.

Even going ahead to declare them all children of the same God over Christians. Is the Pope misguided or its me that dont understand.

I am interested in your closing question. And it is good to seek to know rather than condemn from a distance. Let me help you in my own little understanding of the action the whole catholic family carried out during the Good Friday ceremonies especially the washing of the feet.
The Lord Jesus instituted it to show that as leaders will must be ready to be the servant of those we lead.
The Lord Jesus said our love should not be reserved for only those who love us. He command us to love even our enemies.
The people of other faiths are not our enemies because they were created in the image and likeness of God.
I commend the Pope and also commend the non Christians who agree to take part in this ceremony and have their feet washed.
Winning converts to Christ is not through hate speech, promise of properity or AK 47 rifles but through love as examplified by the Pope's action.
God love all humans irrespective of faith and belief. But He desire that all come to know Him through Christ. That is where our task (as Christians) comes in. Are we showing Christ to those we think are condemned by our actions through love as Christ will want us to?
There are nations that do not believe in the existence of God but by all worldly standards are doing great today and providing that needed succor to our brothers and sisters looking for greener pastures. They cannot do well if God is not in it. God still love them. But they are also better than some religious countries in works of charity. In their ignorance of professing they do not know God they carry out God's divine character of charity which emanates from love. The devil is incapable of doing this.
Continue to seek to know my brother and may the good Lord direct the Holy Spirit to lead you into the TRUTH, amen.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by darmhey(m): 4:53am On Mar 26, 2016
AlexCk:
That's what i call "practice what u preach "
grin
We are all equal bfor God.
Whether hindu, muslim, christian, even dem atheist abi na agnostic (God dey watch una all oo) grin grin
we are NOT all equal before God
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by MattChidi(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Following Jesus' s precepts. God bless you more pope Francis. I'm a proud Catholic anyday anytime.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Omotonsho(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=chuose post=44095044][size=14pt]This False Prophet will never tell them that Jesus is the Only way.

Instead he is kissing their feet.

Will that save them from the wrath of God?
[/size]

God said do not bow to idols but POpe Francis loves to bow to idols
Exodus 20 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third
and fourth generation of them that hate me

[size=13]
Pope Francis loves Idols that God hates.
He kiss idols that God commands not to do

1 Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel,
all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
[/size]

Why allow ur hatred 2 overshadow ur mind set? The medals u call Idol, are just a representation of Jesus, wat about the cross u use in ur church, do u worship them? I guess no, but they are there 2 represent and remind us of the Image of Jesus.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by bemnickenzie: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Zoharariel:
This is nothing but another heightened show of hypocrisy.

Jesus didn't instruct you to wash the feets of Muslims. He commanded you to go sell everything you have, including your 48karat golden throne - and give to the poor.

1 minute the Pope is drinking beer; next minute he is washing the feets of Muslim grin

Dont be too fast in your criticism and dont say what you dont know. What they are holding is candle not beer. If and only if you know the Popes efforts in helping the poor, homeless and victims of disaster you will kneel down and cry to God for forgiveness for you have dented the image of God's anointed.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by bemnickenzie: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=Omotonsho post=44119591][/quote]

Even in Heaven there are images. God commanded Moses to mold a Serpent in the wilderness, He commanded Moses to mold two angels at the sides of the Ark of covenant... Catholics mold images, but those images are consecrated in the name of the Most High God. They are not idols and Catholics dont worship nor regard them as gods.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by AlexCk: 9:22am On Mar 26, 2016
darmhey:
we are NOT all equal before God

KEEP TELLING ursef that bruh.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2016
bemnickenzie:

You will kneel down and cry to God for forgiveness for you have dented the image of God's anointed.

I kneel & bow to no Anunnaki as gods. The only God I know is myself. As for your self-anointed pope - goodluck!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

If you have any sense in your numskull at all, go through your empty comments and ask yourself which one is sensible and scriptural.

You call catholics ritualists and idolaters, but here thou are addicted to nairaland hence your still being here by 1am. And you are so thoughtless and myopic not to know that such addiction is a form of idolatry. So, what differentiates you from the "idolatry" Catholic? Nothing.
Your post was made around 12 am..how come my post which you quoted was made by 1 am? There is NO truth in you.

King James Bible
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44...
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 10:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Your post was made around 12 am..how come my post which you quoted was made by 1 am? There is NO truth in you.

King James Bible
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44...

Shebi you said catholics are idolaters? So I can get addicted to nairaland till 4am since i have my" idolatry" reputation to protect.

But you that claim you are not a sinner, should you ever be found associating with idolatry? Hypocrite.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

Shebi you said catholics are idolaters? So I can get addicted to nairaland till 4am since i have my" idolatry" reputation to protect.

But you that claim you are not a sinner, should you ever be found associating with idolatry? Hypocrite.
You have been going about with no point, no scriptural background to back up the rants you've been spewing..are you averse to the scripture? Get a Bible read and study the scripture for your own self and stop following doctrines of men. Know the truth for your own sake!

King James Bible
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

You have been going about with no point, no scriptural background to back up the rants you've been spewing..are you averse to the scripture? Get a Bible read and study the scripture for your own self and stop following doctrines of men. Know the truth for your own sake!

King James Bible
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

You that you know scripture, why is it not reflecting in your life?

Was it not you that quoted "knowledge is the principal thing"? Is that how they taught you in your moneymaking church? Ehn stvpid and empty so-called Pentecostal fuul?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

You that you know scripture, why is it not reflecting in your life?

Was it not you that quoted "knowledge is the principal thing"? Is that how they taught you in your moneymaking church? Ehn stvpid and empty so-called Pentecostal fuul?
grin your bile infested comments are typical of one out of his depth in matters beyond him.hence why you resort to abuses and insults...the scripture reflects in my life and even beyond my person..is that how you were taught in cathecism? To throw abuses when you can't make a point with the scripture?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

grin your bile infested comments are typical of one out of his depth in matters beyond him.hence why you resort to abuses and insults...the scripture reflects in my life and even beyond my person..is that how you were taught in cathecism? To throw abuses when you can't make a point with the scripture?

The scripture reflects in your life? You mean the same scripture you can't even quote correctly? Self deception is another characteristics of you so-called pentecostals, aside hypocrisy.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

The scripture reflects in your life? You mean the same scripture you can't even quote correctly? Self deception is another characteristics of you so-called pentecostals, aside hypocrisy.
Funny enough you have NOT drawn even one passage from the scripture to buttress your rants.. Or is it because you have NO clue on what is written in the Bible?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Funny enough you have NOT drawn even one passage from the scripture to buttress your rants.. Or is it because you have NO clue on what is written in the Bible?

Yes,I Dont know any scripture. If your eyes are not too blind to see, you will discover I can't even spell Bible correctly.

You that know scriptures from genesis 1:1 to revelation 22:21, how come you even commit blunder in quoting the scripture? Empty church goer, plastic bench warmer.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

Yes,I Dont know any scripture. If your eyes are not too blind to see, you will discover I can't even spell Bible correctly.

You that know scriptures from genesis 1:1 to revelation 22:21, how come you even commit blunder in quoting the scripture? Empty church goer, plastic bench warmer.
Show me the blunder I committed.. What I've quoted so far are the word of God in the scripture, not mine own words..

King James 2000 Bible
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9

King James Bible
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. Mark 7:8

Oh ye ignorant men! For how long will you continue to follow doctrines that are in contrast with what scripture says? Why are you so stubborn? I advise you to get a Bible and actually read it for yourself and know the truth..
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Show me the blunder I committed.. What I've quoted so far are the word of God in the scripture, not mine own words..

King James 2000 Bible
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9

King James Bible
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. Mark 7:8

Oh ye ignorant men! For how long will you continue to follow doctrines that are in contrast with what scripture says? Why are you so stubborn? I advise you to get a Bible and actually read it for yourself and know the truth..
you must be suffering from decayed mentality to have forgotten. I doubt if you even remember your name, fellow idol worshipper.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

you must be suffering from decayed mentality to have forgotten. I doubt if you even remember your name, fellow idol worshipper.
Sigh* I thought I was engaging someone who had a grasp (even if it was little) on what the scripture says..even the heathens Will offer a better discuss..at least a lot of them have actually read a Bible..
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Sigh* I thought I was engaging someone who had a grasp (even if it was little) on what the scripture says..even the heathens Will offer a better discuss..at least a lot of them have actually read a Bible..

You are ranting and hallucinating. Who placed curses on you and reduced you to this pitiable state? What is the link between the comment and your thoughtless and myopic response? Ehn idolater cum hypocrite?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by analice107: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
How I wish Muslims and Christian should come together as one then the whole world will be in peace because Jehovah care for all of us be it Christian or Muslim.

The raster man called him jah

Muslims called him Allah

English man called him God.
But he is Jehovah.
We may have different names to called him but he cares for everyone.

Muslims and Christian let us stop fighting each other and start seeing ourselves as one.

A message from Godswillnwaoma.

You don't understand dear. The Popes have been pushing for ONE WORLD RELIGION from time. Don't think what he is doing is humility.
The Man is an antichrist.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by analice107: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Chinekeeeee. Muslims now do feet washing? For what purpose are they washing their feet?
This Catholics with their spirit of the antichrist. After feet washing, he shd give them communion.
Jesus said to Peter, If I wash thee not, YOU HAVE NO PART IN ME. THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF FEET WASHING. TO HAVE A PART IN CHRIST'S LIFE, SUFFERING, RESURRECTION. The totality of Christ. What part does muslims have in Christ? This man is going about encouraging muslims to kill Christians.

Catholics!!!!!!!!!!!!. Feet washing is far deeper than humility.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

You are ranting and hallucinating. Who placed curses on you and reduced you to this pitiable state? What is the link between the comment and your thoughtless and myopic response? Ehn idolater cum hypocrite?
I feel pity for you actually.. A self proclaimed Christian who has no inkling on what is written in the holy book..no wonder your type are easily misled with man made doctrines.. For 24 hours you've not been able to give me one scriptural passage to buttress your fallacy..just one, it can't be that hard for a true follower of the word of God..you keep using the word idolatry like you can even find it in the Bible. Oops you haven't opened one before.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

I feel pity for you actually.. A self proclaimed Christian who has no inkling on what is written in the holy book..no wonder your type are easily misled with man made doctrines.. For 24 hours you've not been able to give me one scriptural passage to buttress your fallacy..just one, it can't be that hard for a true follower of the word of God..you keep using the word idolatry like you can even find it in the Bible. Oops you haven't opened one before.

One thing about you so called pentecostals is noise making. You make noise during chuch programs and disturb everybody on the street. You make noise about miracles and about how rich your churches are. Here you are also making noise about your knowledge of the scriptures. You remind me of the pharisee in Luke 18.....and you think you will enter into heaven this way?
You claim to know the scriptures, but your life is contrary to the scriptures. Here you are committing the sin of pride of life. You have lost it Mr. Yes, you have lost it.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Melkizedek(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
wadetaw202:

One thing about you so called pentecostals is noise making. You make noise during chuch programs and disturb everybody on the street. You make noise about miracles and about how rich your churches are. Here you are also making noise about your knowledge of the scriptures. You remind me of the pharisee in Luke 18.....and you think you will enter into heaven this way?
You claim to know the scriptures, but your life is contrary to the scriptures. Here you are committing the sin of pride of life. You have lost it Mr. Yes, you have lost it.
Is this an acknowledgment of a total lack of the word? I derive joy from discussing the word with Christians who actually strive to know the truth like the bereans in Acts 17:11..they didn't just accept and swallow every doctrine.they actually studied the scripture for themselves to know if it was true or false..you say I have pride? But this is what Christ said about people like YOU who call others phools.

King James Bible
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

The number of times you've used that word here is innumerable.. You would have known the repercussion if you read the Bible.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Is this an acknowledgment of a total lack of the word? I derive joy from discussing the word with Christians who actually strive to know the truth like the bereans in Acts 17:11..they didn't just accept and swallow every doctrine.they actually studied the scripture for themselves to know if it was true or false..you say I have pride? But this is what Christ said about people like YOU who call others phools.

King James Bible
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

The number of times you've used that word here is innumerable.. You would have known the repercussion if you read the Bible.

No you Dont derive joy; you derive satisfaction of pride of life and nothing more. You are a hypocrite trying to translate the scriptures to justify his satanic inclinations. But your emptiness is glaring, Mr hypocrite. You are as worse a sinner as anybody and you have no moral justification to call anyone idolater,since you are one too.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Sunglass20(f): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
Inside Pope and TB Joshua, who dey chop insult pass I beg? If everyone is fake, who then is a true Man of God Na?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by kidajoshforreal(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
dammytosh:

How ?

Jesus washed the feet of the disciples. Go and read your bible.
......... buh he neva ask im 2 do d same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / ISIS Trainer Turns To The Bible, 'sick Of The Killing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.