Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (44620 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by tete7000(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
nwaimoroseyaho:
yes we are children of the same God. But we have only one way to God.

Thank you for this. We all are created in the image of the same God and by the same God- Christians, Muslims, Hinduists, Buddhists, etc. It is sin that separated us but how do we as Christians convert others except by our show of love? We cannot afford to discriminate and we can't pay them evil back for evil they do for us. When the scripture says love your neighbour, it lays no emphasise on what the religion our neighbour ought to practise to be neighbour. Moreso another part of the scripture says Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you. Pope Francis has simply gone this length to remind us Christians that in a very divisive world we should remain a model of peace and love, loving all irrespective of tribe, religion and any other affiliation and deriding or hating none.
PEACE...

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by smudge2079(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Melinde:
so you are indirectly condemning what Jesus Christ first did or is it omitted in your bible where He washed and kissed the feet of his disciples?
ooh i forgot, The pope is ur Jesus! Sorry
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by smudge2079(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
amanze15:
leave us(catholics) to our beliefs. undecided
nah, we are praying for u. GOD wud definitely open ur eyes someday.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by hensben(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Proud to be Roman Catholic.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by ThreeGEEKS(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zoharariel:
This is nothing but another heightened show of hypocrisy.

Jesus didn't instruct you to wash the feets of Muslims. He commanded you to go sell everything you have, including your 48karat golden throne - and give to the poor.

1 minute the Pope is drinking beer; next minute he is washing the feets of Muslim grin
Wow so just because you see the Pope sitting on a golden throne you now think that the Catholic Church doesn't help the poor. Well it's not your fault that you don't know, it's the fault of the church for not making a show of how they help the poor(ever heard of daughters of charity). And yes the Bible doesn't say we should wash the feet of Muslims but for the love of God, they humans beings too and the Bible says love your enemies too.
And that beer of a thing, really... What's wrong with drinking a beer with friends?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by zomby(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
This is GREAT!

But I still want to see more good Muslim to come out and denounce the bad ones....Constantly stating that your religion is a peaceful religion is not good enough...do more to bring peace and love to the world.

Majority of our troubles all around the world have something to do with Islam. Just sitting at your homes and castigating those that are against your religion is not effective enough (Trump etc)...Do something, join hands with the world and vigorously go after those evil ones that continue to give bad label to your religion.

I challenge the Muslim people all across the world to go after the evil doers.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by DBossNG(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
dammytosh:

How ?

Jesus washed the feet of the disciples. Go and read your bible.

Yes he did but he didn't kiss their feet.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by skuribeebo: 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
How I wish Muslims and Christian should come together as one then the whole world will be in peace because Jehovah care for all of us be it Christian or Muslim.

The raster man called him jah

Muslims called him Allah

English man called him God.
But he is Jehovah.
We may have different names to called him but he cares for everyone.

Muslims and Christian let us stop fighting each other and start seeing ourselves as one.

A message from Godswillnwaoma.
for where,we shall fight till eternity.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by paschu: 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
Banjoramos:

As Muslims we are encouraged in the Quran and by our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to respect the beliefs of others. It is a fundamental principle of Islam that there is to be no compulsion in religion.

Did not read beyond the first few lines. Why?Because even here in Nairaland new sognups have severally been clearly told that Islam is the ONLY TRUE religion. And were then lured to affirm the statement so it could be placed on their public profiles. Here's the point: a political-religion that believes in MILITARIALISM and ZERO SUM PROPAGATION and also sees other religions as false, CANNOT possibly coexist in its TRUE form with those other religions.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Ajalekoko76(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Humility is what I see. Just like Jesus Christ he related with Pharisees,Sadducees,pagan,Jews,Samaritans...name them. Jesus died for ALL. Pope mind is open to all and he believes these people have heard words of God perhaps what is needed is for clerics to humble themselves like Jesus did and d souls will be converted /win for Christ. God Bless U pope Francis
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
Profnedu:
humility @ its peak
all na job .....to scam more person into to falling into catholic maga....will the kissing of feet stop wars or hunger in africa
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
alienvirus:
Different forms of idolatry.

Yeah, just like the way your pastors pray on oil and tell you it is anointing oil...that one too is idolatry?

Just like your pastors pray on handkerchief and tell you it can heal..another form of idolatry?

What will you say about the Israelites looking up to a carved snake in the wilderness for healing from snake bite (Number 21:9)? It is another idolatry, abi?

I've noticed that most of you so-called pentecostals are empty bunch of 3diots. You Dont seem to have any knowledge about the scriptures. You only base your lives, behaviours and comments on what your pastors say and what you hear on the street without going home to find out if it is true or not, like the Christians in Berea(Acts. 17:11).

You only attend pentecostal church, but you comment like an empty person. You will be better off as a pagan.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]This False Prophet will never tell them that Jesus is the Only way.

Instead he is kissing their feet.

Will that save them from the wrath of God?
[/size]

God said do not bow to idols but POpe Francis loves to bow to idols
Exodus 20 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third
and fourth generation of them that hate me

[size=13]
Pope Francis loves Idols that God hates.
He kiss idols that God commands not to do

1 Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel,
all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
[/size]

The Israelites looked up to a snake in the wilderness for healing...isn't that idolatry?

You that is not an idolater, how is your life better?

For your information, it is not the statue that matters but what the statue represents.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Hector723(m): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
alienvirus:
Different forms of idolatry.
hey dude if u don't knw wot to say just keep shut and don't incure d wrath of God upon urself.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zoharariel:
This is nothing but another heightened show of hypocrisy.

Jesus didn't instruct you to wash the feets of Muslims. He commanded you to go sell everything you have, including your 48karat golden throne - and give to the poor.

1 minute the Pope is drinking beer; next minute he is washing the feets of Muslim grin

Has pastor adeboye sold his jet to feed the poor? You are a fuul!

Has self-acclaimed bishop oyedepo sold his 4 jets to feed the poor? You are an 3diot

You are nothing other than a hypocritical dumb soul!

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Mosb(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Na wa oooo so the pope cant have anything reminding him of how christ died that person that posted those pictures shld sell his phone and come lets give the money to the poor!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
How I wish Muslims and Christian should come together as one then the whole world will be in peace because Jehovah care for all of us be it Christian or Muslim.

The raster man called him jah

Muslims called him Allah

English man called him God.
But he is Jehovah.
We may have different names to called him but he cares for everyone.

Muslims and Christian let us stop fighting each other and start seeing ourselves as one.

A message from Godswillnwaoma.

It is like wishing for satan to surrender himself to God...of course, Satan is too arrogant and too proud to do that.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
callJesu:
Darkness at its peak

You that is in the light, I can see how rotten your stvpid life has become. Fuul!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Mosb(m): 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
Alikote:
all na job .....to scam more person into to falling into catholic maga....will the kissing of feet stop wars or hunger in africa
will your pastor's blessing of oil stop the war and hunger? you should really read more not just the Bible butbooks that help........ #NoOffense
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
funkyrash:
Please what's the gain in this?

You Dont deserve an answer
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Emrixx(f): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
[right][color=#990000][/color]This is absolutely show if public display God gave mercy on all of them
tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin[center]
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
dammytosh:

How ?

Jesus washed the feet of the disciples. Go and read your bible.

Are muslims disciples of Jesus ?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Btruth:
If only most of this humility is directly from our inner life, and not just an ordinary outward appearances?

Well. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Is that still in your bible or you have torn it off?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by chuose: 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Read your bible properly and see if you worshiping God the right way moreover Jesus never called himself God. Kindly prove those pics below wrong cuz they preach Islam!!!!

Sorry my dear goodlifehyd, you dont know the bible nor the God of the bible.

Jesus received worship, which mohammed never did.
And you only worship God.

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying,
All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

The Jews wanted to kill Jesus because Jesus said He is God.

John 5: (KJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath,
but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

The Bible is Clear that Jesus created the world, declaring Him God.

John 1 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

[size=14pt]God & Allah are different, here are some of the differences[/size]

1] God cannot Lie but allah is the greatest deceiver
Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie

Surah 3:54
Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers

2] God heals the blind & infirm, but allah cannot heal them so hates them
Jesus Heals

Matthew 15:
29] And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee;
and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.

30] And great multitudes came unto him, having with them
those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet;
and HE HEALED THEM

allah cannot heals so hates them
SURA 8:22
Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb,

SURA 2:17-18
Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness,
where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind.

3] God commands you love your wife, allah commands you beat your wife

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES, even as Christ also loved the church,
and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

ALLAH TELLS MUSLIMS TO BEAT THEIR WIVES

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,

Qur'an (4:34) -
"Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

[size=14pt]NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE IS THAT JESUS SAVES, BUT ALLAH CANNOT[/size]

Whoever believes in Jesus is SAVED

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED:
BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY,
BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

ALLAH CANNOT SAVE MOHAMMED OR MUSLIMS, SO HOW CAN ALLAH SAVE YOU?

Sura 46:9 "
NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS).

I can continue but I hope you can see that God is not allah

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
so d pope is now Jesus? Catholics and their beliefs. Repent u all or you perish
So I should repent simply because I am catholic?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
BermudaTriangle:

Are muslims disciples of Jesus ?

It is your duty as a Christian to preach the gospel to everyone, irrespective of their religions or beliefs.

Why are you Pentecostals comme ting like bunch of 3diots and blind people like this? I expect you people to know better.

What do those your pastors teach you in those your churches self?

Your comments are disgusting
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by chuose: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
wadetaw202:

The Israelites looked up to a snake in the wilderness for healing...isn't that idolatry?

You that is not an idolater, how is your life better?

For your information, it is not the statue that matters but what the statue represents.

God said they are to look at the serpent when bitten by a snake

Numbers 21:8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent,
and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

But the Jews started worshiping it, God said look not kiss or bow.
So it had to be destroyed

2 Kings 18 (KJV)

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves,
and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it:
and he called it Nehushtan.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by HRich(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
HandsomeChris:
Is Buhari among?
What is Buhari?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
gozmok1:
CATHOLIC DOCTRINE IS SYNONYMOUS WITH THAT OF ISLAM CAN'T THIS POPE PREACH SALVATION MASSAGES INSTEAD OF THIS PUBLICITY STUNT KISSING FEET NONSENSE

You Pentecostals are just empty church goers. You Dont even know what the bible said about simple christian duties.

So, you Dont know that your behaviours preach Christ more effectively than your empty noise you make to disturb the street?

I won't blame you sha.....that is what happens when your pastors only go for 3 months pastor trainings.... He will come back to feed you with half-truth.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

God said they are to look at the serpent when bitten by a snake

Numbers 21:8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent,
and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

But the Jews started worshiping it, God said look not kiss or bow.
So it had to be destroyed

2 Kings 18 (KJV)

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves,
and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it:
and he called it Nehushtan.

And what is the link between your quotes and kissing of the feet? Is he worshipping them by kissing their feet?

And for your information, anything you give excess reference to is an idol. If you spend too long on nairaland, you have become an idol worshipper and practicing idolatry.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
pls tell us the significance if it is not idolatry. Mtchewww

Tell me the significance of your pastor praying on oil and handkerchief if they are not idolaroty and black magic. Tell me the significance of the Israelites looking up to a snake in the wilderness for healing if not idolatry. You sound like a fuul desiring a heavy slap.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Emyben(m): 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
wadetaw202:

It is your duty as a Christian to preach the gospel to everyone, irrespective of their religions or beliefs.

Why are you Pentecostals comme ting like bunch of 3diots and blind people like this? I expect you people to know better.

What do those your pastors teach you in those your churches self?

Your comments are disgusting

Very disgusting! I wonder when Christ told them that Hate is necessary in Conversion.
isn't Love and Character the best tools to appeal to unbelievers and get them to come to Christ.

The Pentecosts are filled with hate for Catholicism ànd unsurprisingly, it is what their Pastors feed them.
Bunch of Haters.
Very UnChristLile as Christ was never filled with Hate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / ISIS Trainer Turns To The Bible, 'sick Of The Killing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.