Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (57818 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2016
foyeks2001:

A sin that a man refuses to forgive his wife or sin a woman refuses to forgive her husband will hinder one from making heaven... Pastor W.F. Kumuyi....choose wisely

Religion aside, it will be very difficult for a man to forgive a wife that cheats..

As for me, it's simple; I will never cheat on my wife but if she cheats, there is no going back, she Leaves..
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Ojemedad: 7:11am On Apr 05, 2016
Personally I don't think I can, NEVER.

Can never bear the thought that someone else banged my most possession.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2016
udumosam23:

cos I love her. and she loves me too.

though there's more tendency to me cheating on her than her on me, ( we are God fearing) however, if it happens I'll know there's something wrong and I've not lived to my responsility of loving her enough, I'll apologise to her ( in the presence of the man) and promise to make it up to her.

And when she's comes back to her senses, we'll both apologise to God who is the only one able to keep our marriage.

Also, suppose it takes her a while to come back, I'll keep on apologising to her no matter how long it takes until we're reunited.

I will not divorce my wife. I can only put her away ( not divorce) if she becomes a treat to my life and I'll never stop loving her.

Really??
Your kind of man is so rare, I pray you don't get in the hands of a bad woman..

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 7:13am On Apr 05, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, no matter how you embellish cheating it doesn't change the fact that it's evil

If I may get you right, so because I travelled for a year gives my wife a licence to cheat?
Was just asking..
I will never condone cheating..
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by YelloweWest: 7:15am On Apr 05, 2016
Oladat:
From experience,it is very difficult to forgive.I have a cheating wife,I caught her not quite four weeks ago.For me that is the end of the marriage,but because of family pressure,we are still living together.We've been married for 7 years,we are blessed with 2 lovely boys,and of course,I enjoyed it while it lasted.the most painful part of it is that I trusted her so much so that I never suspected her of cheating.Now,I've started seeing someone else(something I haven't done in 7 years),and she knows it.My intention is to frustrate her out of my home.
Wow my brother pele
Just seel God's face before you do anything drastic. I remember how devastated I was when my husband had an affair....
But I held onto God. Time is a great healer. Today I've been able to completely forgive him. And I'm glad I did not walk out.
Don't allow yourself be consumed by anger.
The Lord is your strength. I'll pray for you.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Its a thing of the mind dude. I have come to believe that most ladies are cheats and leaving a wife that cheats hastily is no guaranty that the next lady you marry does not have a more terrible sexual history or wont do worse.

What i can't condole is an unrepentant cheat.Once is a mistake but twice is a habit.
Yeah... I know ladies cheat but I'm damn sure that there are still Loyal ones (A thing a lot of guys don't want to believe)..

Anyway, I get your point.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:
I know it can be very painful and frustrating if you find out that your lady cheats on you, but as we all know most cheaters (The men) disagree with double standards when it comes to cheating... Lol..
So, here is my question:

What could make you forgive your wife if she cheats and ask for your forgiveness?
Considering the fact that you ain't no saint, will you forgive her?

Pray for her, and then she should make her vow before her creator never to repeat it.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by YelloweWest: 7:17am On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:
Religion aside, it will be very difficult for a man to forgive a wife that cheats..

As for me, it's simple; I will never cheat on my wife but if she cheats, there is no going back, she Leaves..
What if u make a mistake and sadly she retaliates?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Zhul001(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
If Hosea can forgive Gomar for unfaithfulness in the bible.

Why then, will a man not forgive his wife if she cheats.

You can forgive for children, the sacrifices she made in the marriage, etc.

All I am saying is to forgive is Divine.

And as long as we are mere mortals, to sin or err is a must. it may be from husband or wife. Therefore, we should always be ready to forgive one another.

Oga dy quote Bible you hear, your firstborn go soon resemble your landlord.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by starlingbawa(m): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2016
It is not something i can fathom. I simply can't forgive that!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Sirmuel1(m): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:

And as long as we are mere mortals, to sin or err is a must. it may be from husband or wife. Therefore, we should always be ready to forgive one another.

Cheat on me As in Bleep another Man?? That ends the marriage. It shows she doesn't need me anymore
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Akerelesunday: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2016
I can take anything from a lady. But not a cheat. She go go her father house.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by lailo: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2016
U dnt know dat u're d one dats borming,u come later nosisis dat u're not d one....i mean I am not my father but it's hard for me grin
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Daintelectual(m): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:

Babe that was an express command from God to show him what Isreal has been doing to him!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by CopyLearner: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2016
AntiWailer:

Even bible allow divorce on ground of adultery
the way guys are quick to quote God in the case of divorce cz of adultery, it would seem like adultery was a feminine crime.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by suteco16: 7:38am On Apr 05, 2016
McCarlito:
Where is the person she cheated together with

We just have to discuss
Because he will be explaining to the devil why he arrived early to hell

Then get ready to follow him!!!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Praktikals(m): 7:38am On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:
What could make you forgive your wife if she cheats?
NOTHING!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by birmingham04: 7:39am On Apr 05, 2016
Divorce is the answer period.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by lordmizzy: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2016
if i should know, well i will forgive her but i'll keep on bringing hoes daytime. let her and her children b seeing me..
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Omolola1(f): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
I don't really agree with your last statement.

Situations can make people do something drastic.

Let's look at this scenario for eg,

A wife and her husband have a kid who is critically ill and hospital wouldn't commence treatment unless a deposit is made.

husband and wife runs around for money, yet. no help.
( let's say husband have no job and poor)

Wife now runs to a rich neighbor for assistance, and he asks to sleep with her before rendering assistance.

Believe me, it will take a strong woman not to give in to save her child.

But, if she gives in for her child, will you say she has been planning it?

You've been watching too much Bollywood movies embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by dare2differ: 7:43am On Apr 05, 2016
lastpage:

If this is supposed to be "sarcasm", you did a very bad job at it! grin

I never said men dont cheat..... infact, men have a preponderance to,...and do cheat more, than women!
.... because to men, cheating is just an act of "conquest", emotions are not deeply invested.
They just do it .....like they "speed" on the Motorway!

What l tried to do is point out the difference between " Men cheating" Vs. "Women Cheating".

Women cheating goes beyond the "physical act" of "Wam-bang, get-up and go"!

Have you ever wondered why "men dont remember" the lady that deflowered them.... shocked shocked

.....while Women keep such memory for the rest of their life angry (even having a soft spot for the man for the rest of their life, whether both are married or not)? grin grin

Its got to do with "emotions and the brain". undecided undecided

Lastpage!
It is still not an excuse

Emotions or not, the question remains, does it affect their relationship? Does it change how they are going to feel about their marriages and men?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by bim25: 7:44am On Apr 05, 2016
funny smiley
McCarlito:
Where is the person she cheated together with

We just have to discuss
Because he will be explaining to the devil why he arrived early to hell
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by gr8one: 7:47am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
For the fact a wife is human and not God, then, she is likely to fall into temptation and sin against her husband.

I strongly believe that you don't just cheat,it is certainly something you have been pre-meditating over thing.we only take refuge under the canopy of temptation. there are people have been really tempted yet resisted it because they are disciplined and genuinely love their spouse they are humans,It all boils down to discipline.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by patrickjose: 7:47am On Apr 05, 2016
forgive fire. no way.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Heineken(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:

taaaaaaa God forbid bad thing. Which kind mumu forgiveness be that?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Praktikals(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:

What could make you forgive your wife if she cheats and ask for your forgiveness?
Considering the fact that you ain't no saint, will you forgive her?
If I discover my wife cheated 20 years ago (while we were Still married), she must go!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Heineken(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2016
firstEVA:
Men hardly forgive a cheating spouse, if for any reason she remains in his house as wife, she will not enjoy the marriage.
you're a very sharp lady
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by engrhorla(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2016
Oladat:
From experience,it is very difficult to forgive.I have a cheating wife,I caught her not quite four weeks ago.For me that is the end of the marriage,but because of family pressure,we are still living together.We've been married for 7 years,we are blessed with 2 lovely boys,and of course,I enjoyed it while it lasted.the most painful part of it is that I trusted her so much so that I never suspected her of cheating.Now,I've started seeing someone else(something I haven't done in 7 years),and she knows it.My intention is to frustrate her out of my home.

Sir I am speechless but let me share a story with you!

It happened in Abuja - true life story!
A man, a taxi driver, got d shock of his life two years back.
The wife got pregnant for another man and tried to abort but she failed.
The man discovered. Sure, he felt bad but his action amazed everyone.

The husband knew d guy who is cheating with his wife. He relocated with his wife to another area in Abuja and they are still together today

May I say that the woman almost injured herself in the course of the abortion..for a year, she was not so well.

The man stood with her and funny, they are doing good together.

In fact, his pastor was speechless!

I chose to share this with you and I hope you learn from it

Truly, you are disappointed but God will heal u

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by CopyLearner: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2016
AfroKnight:

"Man" in that context refers to "humankind". Well, of course you'd know that. You just want to colour the meaning to suit your sentiment. grin

Why should I consider those women?

If other men cheat on their longsuffering wives, how does that rob me of the right to be hurt or even indignant should my wife cheat? Should I knowingly torment myself because of a lofty notion?

Many of those "noble" women remain in such homes because of finance. Some others would consider the pleas of family members and remain in that marriage so that they won't be tagged stubborn. Some just don't want their children to grow up with separated parents. I believe they all have their various practical reasons for staying but love (for the husband) is not one of them.

So please don't preach this message to me. I cannor gree.... At least for now.
believe me, you really do not know women then.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2016
Forgiving her shld nt b d issue here but b ready to spend much money for paternity test on each n every pikin she dash u

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Btruth: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2016
But I knew of a good friend, even after the wife had cheated and out of fear, ran back to her father's house. He still went after his wife, and brought her home and gave her even more love than before.

We are all human, and none is immune to sin or to be tempted. Let God give us the grace to sail through, even to forgive when we are in that position.

Acts like that can be forgiven, but I'm pretty sure it cannot be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by AntiWailer: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2016
CopyLearner:
the way guys are quick to quote God in the case of divorce cz of adultery, it would seem like adultery was a feminine crime.

Can't remember saying a Woman can/should not file for divorce on the ground of adultery,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / Man Celebrates Big After Divorce (Photo) / Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.