Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS (12937 Views)

Presidency Kicks As CCT Discharges, Acquits Saraki Punch / UK To Receive First Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September. / UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Wendyslim(f): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2016
I will be back later
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by misscall247: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2016
APC no serious
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by rman: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2016
When did PMS discharge that is normal in previous administration become an achievement under APC?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by miqos02(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2016
ok
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by amaechi1: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Goldencollins:
Buhari is the commander in Chief of Fulani herdsmen,
El rufia is a little devil/sadist who drives joy in making the poor cry.
All these Top apc members secure juicy appointments for their kids in CBN and NNPC while the jobless Sai Buhari chanting Zombie youths wallow in poverty.
As usual the Zombies are free to quote me.

How does this your comment connects with topic? Still bitter that your hero lost last election and your IPOB mentor will spend 2016 Easter in kuje prison. The said "zoo" is dealing with him.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by chronique(m): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2016
I couldn't get fuel to buy at any gas station last night so,I ended up buying from the black market @ 200 Naira per liter after negotiating it down from 250 Naira per liter. The fuel only lasted me for last night. Not sure what today would bring. All my life,I have never experienced this kind of hardship.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by amaechi1: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2016
rman:
When did PMS discharge that is normal in previous administration become an achievement under APC?

In the last administration the more they discharge, the more they loot in the name of subsidy. So, they flood the place with PMS.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by bizgai(m): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Lagos alone would consume the said 44m litre which is not up to 2000 trucks by calculations and the scarcity would persist until we improve our refining capacity and build more at least in 20 other state of the federation, untill then will all this rubbish reduced if not stopped completely
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by kross01(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2016
This administration is really as funny as funny can get. You mean to tell me that in a country where our daily PMS consumption which has been given to be between 20 million litres to 40 million litres, you are celebrating discharge of 44 million litres of PMS? Probably brought in by a 40k mt vessel. We are really in for more difficult times of celebrating mediocrity. Anyway welldone hon minista of petroleum, minista muhammadu Buhari, you are doing wonders. Bunch of shameless mediocres

1 Like

Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by amaechi1: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2016
chronique:
I couldn't get fuel to buy at any gas station last night so,I ended up buying from the black market @ 200 Naira per liter after negotiating it down from 250 Naira per liter. The fuel only lasted me for last night. Not sure what today would bring. All my life,I have never experienced this kind of hardship.

That is the price we all have pay when nation fail to plan. Rather, choose to loot and stash the monies in another's man land and build refineries at the detriment of his own people. Brother, the rot is overwhelming. It will take time, only if we will support Nigeria.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by millionaireman: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2016
News?

As if Nigerians are all sub-standard human beings that do not know the ways and means of modern petroleum refinery technology.

About forty five years ago, some secessionist group in Nigerian extracted and refined crude oil for years - even in the midst of a total territorial blockade.

Nigeria's vexed and unworkable political structure under unitary govt system in a most pluralistic country has literally arrested Nigeria's development.

But some groups in Nigeria still cling strongly to the failed structure and system because they can't just let go a fraction of crude oil in the Niger delta.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2016
So the question is what created the gap that you want to BRIDGE WITHIN 2 WEEKS? Was it the ''Super and Intergalactic Subsidy Cartel''? Was it some staff of the PPMC?

NNPC/PPMC, allow a system where the DPR will issue licenses to importers to import products. You alone cannot do this and your near monopoly is not helping and should stop on this matter. QA/QC parameters in the oil and gas industry are handled and enforced by DPR as provided by SON. Allow people import these products e.g. Capital, Folawiyo, Heyden, Integrated, Ibru Yard Depots etc These facilities all have their Jetties. Let DPR ensure QA/QC of the products and to ensure there is no hoarding or overpricing.Then let us send these products down into the retail outlets with proper monitoring.

However with our foreign exchange in some wahala and our reserves in a little bit of trouble, this will be difficult to finance in Nigeria of today. Also it is just a temporary option which will do us no good on the long term.

We need to knock of this subsidy and build our own refineries. This is the best action. But then security wahala and vandals nko? Nigeria get problems sha. The entire aspects of the country and economy are interrelated and when one fails to work properly their is always a trickle down effect (negative most often) to other aspects of the country and the economy.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by free2ryhme: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2016
How long will this nation continue to live from hand to mouth undecided
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Goldencollins:
All these Top apc members secure juicy appointments for their kids in CBN and NNPC while the jobless Sai Buhari chanting Zombie youths wallow in poverty.
I didn't know you had juicy appointment under Jonathan or PDP..
Ekpa.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by drhabeeb99: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2016
eedriyz:
Oya, lemme go use the 3 litrs left in my jerrycan

bro use nao and cry later ..These filling stations go still hoard PMS
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by besttrader: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Refine your crude - Your bleeping can't. Okay, just buy refined products and ensure a smooth distribution across regions, it bleeping looks like exploring deep space to us..... I spent cumulatively 9am - 4pm last Saturday at the pumps (got 5 cars away from entering the station and the wankers shut their gate) and 5:30 am to around noon on Sunday at the pump as well (i left cos I couldn't take it, the Mopol at the gate were letting cars in on an illegal queue for N500 per car and the legal queue just wasn't moving). bleeping pricks just can't get anything right!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by zheroes(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Goldencollins:
how does this relate to the topic?
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by zheroes(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2016
I read in an article that daily consumption is about 40million liters , so is this a day's allocation? hope am right?
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by bigtt76(f): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2016
Good .....omo boys at work would start doing the needful at the arepo joint grin This country ...SMH God dey!
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Sweetlemon(f): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2016
chronique:

Chai!
These GEJ supporters though. They be acting as if they've forgotten how Nigeria almost shut down around this time last year (when GEJ was still in power of course) due to the most dangerous fuel and Phcn crisis that saw even the biggest hotels, telecoms companies, media houses, even schools and hospitals shutting down due to lack of fuel cos there was no fuel even buy at all at all and Phcn would not even flash light at alllll.
O ga o! Hate is a really strong thing.
dunkem21:
cheesy Easter last year, we were flexing ..
God bless you, GEJ grin
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Themandator: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
adeaks:
Great news....... but the problem will persist if a huge chunk of the 44 million litres pms end up in the plastic kegs of the black market sellers.

Even the filling stations are happier to hoard and sell at huge prices to the black market sellers than motorists so how will the queues end?

Hoarding is possible because there's no fresh supplies to the depots......flood the tank farms with products and show programs of more coming in and see if any black market or black station will exist.

NNPC is solely responsible for importation and industry players knows they can't service the entire daily needs of the country..... Make forex available to depot owners on same terms as it is given to Nnpc and the problem is solved.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Themandator: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
zheroes:
I read in an article that daily consumption is about 40million liters , so is this a day's allocation? hope am right?

Yes. What they are celebrating given our daily consumption figure is not up to week's supply
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Teenaira: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
If government refuses to build refineries, why do they keep destroying the existing ones which they termed 'ILLEGAL' refineries. Must the rich in Government house always subject the poor 'governed' to unnecessary hardship ?
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Themandator: 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
jmichlins:
That is a good one there but must we suffer the pains of scarcity before you guys start to work. Anyway better too late than never. Maybe by next week we will see the time wasted on gas stations reduced or better still eliminated
y

Likely not. What has been delivered only takes care of just a week's need or even less...we consume 40m litres, daily.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Nellybii: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Goldencollins:

Go and rewrite your JAMB. So you can seek for admission into a school and hope to graduate in five or six years time so you can be employable. Stop wasting your time insulting reasonable people here. I would have ignored you if not because you mentioned the graduates recently employed in CBN.
Re: NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS by Goldencollins: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nellybii:

Go and rewrite your JAMB. So you can seek for admission into a school and hope to graduate in five or six years time so you can be employable. Stop wasting your time insulting reasonable people here. I would have ignored you if not because you mentioned the graduates recently employed in CBN.

El rufia is a little devil/sadist who drives joy in making the
poor cry.
All these Top apc members secure juicy appointments for
their kids in CBN and NNPC while the jobless Sai Buhari
chanting Zombie youths wallow in poverty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

''I Am Solidly Behind Buhari Over Onnoghen’s Suspension''- Governor El-rufai / Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre / Group Tells Gov Kefas To Stop Wasteful Spending And Take Governance Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.