Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

What Goes Around Comes Around. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Goes Around Comes Around. (1406 Views)

Engaging A Lady In Her 30s, Not A Rescue Mission (what Goes Around Comes Around) / What Goes Around Comes Around / Ladies What Goes On In Your Mind When A Guy Does This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Goes Around Comes Around. by Toks2008(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2016
in 1892 at Stanford University:

An 18-year-old student was struggling to pay his fees. He was an orphan, and not knowing where to turn for money, he came up with a bright idea.

He and a friend decided to host a musical concert on campus to raise money for their education.

They reached out to the great pianist Ignacy J Paderewski. His manager demanded a guaranteed fee of $2000 for the piano recital. A deal was struck and the boys began to work to make the concert a success.

The big day arrived. But unfortunately, they had not managed to sell enough tickets. The total collection was only $1600.

Disappointed, they went to Paderewski and explained their plight. They gave him the entire $1600, plus a cheque fr the balance $400.

They promised to honour the cheque at the soonest possible.

“No,” said Paderewski. “This is not acceptable.” He tore up the cheque, returned the $1600 and told the two boys: “Here’s the $1600. Please deduct whatever expenses you have incurred.Keep the money you need for your fees. And just give me whatever is left”.

The boys were surprised, and thanked him profusely. It was a small act of kindness. But it clearly marked out Paderewski as a great human being.

Why should he help two people he did not even know?

We all come across situations like these in our lives. And most of us only think “If I help them, what would happen to me?”

The truly great people think, “If I don’t help them, what will happen to them?” They don’t do it expecting something in return. They do it because they feel it’s the right thing to do.

Paderewski later went on to become the Prime Minister of Poland. He was a great leader, but unfortunately when the World War began, Poland
was ravaged. There were more than 1.5 million people starving in his country, and no money to feed them.

Paderewski did not know where to turn for help. He reached out to the US Food and Relief Administration for help. He heard there was a man called Herbert Hoover— who later went on to become the US President.

Hoover agreed to help and quickly shipped tons of food grains to feed the starving Polish people. A calamity was averted. Paderewski was
relieved. He decided to go across to meet Hoover and personally thank him.

When Paderewski began to thank Hoover for his noble gesture, Hoover quickly interjected and said,
“You shouldn’t be thanking me Mr Prime Minister.You may not remember this, but several years ago, you helped two young students go through college. I was one of them.”

The world is a wonderful place. What goes around comes around, please help others because you will sure earn the reward directly or indirectly.

http://academictips.org/blogs/the-world-is-a-wonderful-place/

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2016
U are definitely right toks...

The heart never forgets good deeds!.....
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by delishpot: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2016
Good lesson. Help from your heart and you will surely get your reward.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by tpiar: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2016
highly doubtful, not a hard and fast rule.

One size does not fit all.

let's not use imagined jingles to justify our wickedness.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Toks2008(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Cutehector:
U are definitely right toks...

The heart never forgets good deeds!.....

Yeah sure.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2016
Just imagine if a chic shuns you when you try to talk to her in public, like just dismisses you rudely to your embarrassment embarassed

Then you get to work later on and find out you have to interview someone.

You open the door and you see her undecided

Yeah, what goes around comes around angry angry
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Beautiful story

Lesson learnt
Thanks

What's the poster above me saying? undecided undecided
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by lomprico(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Lesson: do good always.

If u do anyhow, u see anyhow!
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by biz2get(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Agreed,

In everything we do.

It always comes back directly or indirectly to US

smiley
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by refiner(f): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2016
waoooo....wat a gr8 lesson to be learnt!

fanks op for dis wonderful piece!smiley
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Jadekitana(f): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
Just imagine if a chic shuns you when you try to talk to her in public, like just dismisses you rudely to your embarrassment embarassed

You open the door and you see her undecided

I don't get! Are you trying to say because she ignored you, you wouldn't give her the job? You must be very wicked o.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Tee99(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2016
My best part“If I don’t help them, what will happen to them?" Unfortunately there are a lot of people walking without heart... just words.

Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by KingRex1(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2016
Jadekitana:

I don't get! Are you trying to say because she ignored you, you wouldn't give her the job? You must be very wicked o.
she dint just ignore him, she rudely dismissed him in an embarrasing way. He shld dismissed her too, tho it need nt be rudely
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Jadekitana:

hahaha, well truth be told, I'd just tell my boss that a conflict of interest exits and to provide another interviewer.

However though, if she was really really rude, like I stated (not just about being ignored), then the temptation to go in myself would be too strong to resist angry
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by tpiar: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

You open the door and you see her :-

You might be holding grudge for someone who doesnt even remember the encounter and you refused to jog her memory.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Bluezy13(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Jadekitana:

Ignoring him isn't the problem...but the manner in which he was ignored.
There is nothing wrong in turning down one's advances but let it be politely.

By-the-way; He opined [B]dismisses you rudely to your embarrassment[/b]
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by tpiar: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2016
It's more of a male problem btw, they are the ones more likely to be in such a scenario, especially the womanizers, I'm sure many dont remember every single woman they've come across, some of who they might have turned down rudely.

Even some nairalanders might not remember the many insults they heap on women daily.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:57am On Mar 26, 2016
tpiar:

You might be holding grudge for someone who doesnt even remember the encounter and you refused to jog her memory.

You guys are missing the point, or maybe I wasn't clear.

I meant like on the same day.

Like you both stopped over at the same supermarket on the way to the same office, you try to talk to her and she doesn't simply reject you, but embarrasses you in public.

There's a huge difference between a girl rejecting you in public and just out rightly embarrassing you, you know what i mean?

No way she would forget in such a short time and she'd even be shocked seeing you as the interviewer cheesy
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by tpiar: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2016
well, I would ask her why she reacted that way, but to each his own.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by healthyarena(f): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2016
In case
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Toks2008(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2016
healthyarena:
In case

Incase wettin? hope no be front page thingy

Me and lalasticlala dey fight so i don't mention him on my threads again.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Fiwasayo(f): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2016
KingRex1:
she dint just ignore him, she rudely dismissed him in an embarrasing way. He shld dismissed her too, tho it need nt be rudely

Two wrongs don't make a right smiley... If everyone repays bad with bad,evil definitely not end.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Creamish(f): 8:55am On Mar 29, 2016
Now this is more like it.. a gospel worth preaching.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by KingRex1(m): 8:55am On Mar 29, 2016
Fiwasayo:

Two wrongs don't make a right smiley... If everyone repays bad with bad,evil definitely not end.
Yh dear u gat a point.
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by joseph1832(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:
Now this is more like it.. a gospel worth preaching.
And why don't you practice what you preach? LOL. Help me so I can help you in future, remember, what goes around, comes around. grin wink
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Creamish(f): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

You guys are missing the point, or maybe I wasn't clear.

I meant like on the same day.

Like you both stopped over at the same supermarket on the way to the same office, you try to talk to her and she doesn't simply reject you, but embarrasses you in public.

There's a huge difference between a girl rejecting you in public and just out rightly embarrassing you, you know what i mean?

No way she would forget in such a short time and she'd even be shocked seeing you as the interviewer cheesy

Okay..

So would U ensure she doesn't get the job? ...even if she is qualified?

D'u know it's more painful (psychologically) when U don't meddle with her employment? Tables are turned and she will be the one seeking u out to apologize and make things right...especially if u are her boss. U'd best be watching out for kiss a.ss moves..
Re: What Goes Around Comes Around. by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2016
Imaginative story. I doubt it's authenticity but still makes for a good read.

(1) (Reply)

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Woman Raped By Her Husband [video] / 45 Years Gloria From Calabar Refused To Marry But Jump From Bed To Bed. / Pros And Cons Of Marrying 18 Year Old Or 28 Year Old Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.