Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271702 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
dridowu: i tried all ds , when i right click on the yellow sign , the only option are 2, dy are troubleshoot problem and open network and sharing center, i dont no what to do again ?

try the modem on another computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agboolawasiu(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2013
pls how can i get universal serial bus for pc lap-top asus model and network controller
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2013
agboolawasiu: pls how can i get universal serial bus for pc lap-top asus model and network controller

be specific with the model you need the drivers right?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
dridowu: i tried all ds , when i right click on the yellow sign , the only option are 2, dy are troubleshoot problem and open network and sharing center, i dont no what to do again ?

Hi Idowu,

I am really not clear about your problem and what has been done so far, but the diagram shows you are not online. call me on 08023996132 by 7.30pm with your laptop infront of you and connected as shown in the diagram. If i don't pick the call I will surely call you back after sometime.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
wolebaba:

Hi Idowu,

I am really not clear about your problem and what has been done so far, but the diagram shows you are not online. call me on 08023996132 by 7.30pm with your laptop infront of you and connected as shown in the diagram. If i don't pick the call I will surely call you back after sometime.
thanks sir, i will call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemite(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Good Day Everyone, kindly help me out please. Yesternight while using my System, i did not see the Low battery indicator that was warming me until the Laptop just went off on its own. This Morning i plug it on an electric source and for hours the Red Light that indicate charging was not on neither did the white Light that Indicate Battery Full. I try to On it but was unable to as the Laptop refuse to On. Kindly Help a Brother cos i just Brought This Laptop Brand New around February. Its an HP COMPAQ CQ58. Please Urgent Help Required. Thanks All.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rhemite: Good Day Everyone, kindly help me out please. Yesternight while using my System, i did not see the Low battery indicator that was warming me until the Laptop just went off on its own. This Morning i plug it on an electric source and for hours the Red Light that indicate charging was not on neither did the white Light that Indicate Battery Full. I try to On it but was unable to as the Laptop refuse to On. Kindly Help a Brother cos i just Brought This Laptop Brand New around February. Its an HP COMPAQ CQ58. Please Urgent Help Required. Thanks All.

To diagnose this, there are two ways to look at it, first, have you confirm your adapter to be working? (this is to confirm power is been sent to the board). Secondly, if the charger has been confirmed working...then i think it has to be on the board as its not even signifying power on the board if i get you right.(or those any part of the computer show any light when trying to put it on?)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rhemite: Good Day Everyone, kindly help me out please. Yesternight while using my System, i did not see the Low battery indicator that was warming me until the Laptop just went off on its own. This Morning i plug it on an electric source and for hours the Red Light that indicate charging was not on neither did the white Light that Indicate Battery Full. I try to On it but was unable to as the Laptop refuse to On. Kindly Help a Brother cos i just Brought This Laptop Brand New around February. Its an HP COMPAQ CQ58. Please Urgent Help Required. Thanks All.
Have you ever replaced the battery before since you bought it? This problem is very common with the Presario CQ series and sadly, mine was one of its victims. Like Ade said, it's both ways; the charger or the battery. Can you find another charger/battery to test it with? Or better still, take out the battery and plug the charger in directly. Did the red (LED) indicator come on?

When you do, please let us know how it goes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemite(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2013
THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP, I TOOK IT TO A FRIENDS PLACE AND STILL THE SAME THING. HOWEVER, I RETURN HOME, TOOK THE BATTERY OUT CLEAN IT AND RETURN IT BACK, PLUG IT AND BOOM THE RED LIGHT SHOWS INDICATING IT TO BE CHARGING. I THOUGHT IT WAS PLAYING ON ME SO I ON IT AND YES IT CAME UP. SO GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. HOWEVER GUYS, I NEED ANYONE WHO CAN HELP COS I TRY INSTALLING FIFA13 AND PES2013 ON THE LAPTOP(HP COMPAQ CQ58, 4GB DOUS, 500GB HDD. 64BITS ) BUT TO NO AVAIL. PLS GUYS I WISH TO PLAY GAMES ON MY LAPTOP OR HAVE I BOUGHT A WRONG LAPTOP. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KingIOb: 1:42am On Jul 11, 2013
deji2009:

Format will delete the content

go to desktop and right button the computer and slect Manage,
then go to disk management from the options
then select the drive from the clicked windows.i think its may be 3rd window
and u can format your drive with the options u got from ther ok
My brother, the funny thing now is that when I plug in the now external hard disk, system does not see it. Both Windows 7 and XP.
KingIOb:
The SATA HDD in my ProBook 4510s laptop did not allow me to re-install Windows 7 so I changed it and now Windows 7 is installed. I used the 'follow come' HDD as an external HD (it has 3 partitions with one that is System Reserved) which worked - I even copied some of my files from there to the new HDD now inside the laptop.
The issue now is that if I connect the external HD only the System Reserved will show, I will be asked to format the rest partitions; if I try formatting any, it will end up saying "Cannot format".
Someone please help me as almost all my data are on that hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2013
KingIOb: My brother, the funny thing now is that when I plug in the now external hard disk, system does not see it. Both Windows 7 and XP.

Given the nature of this problem and the data you have, I would advise that you
take it to a technician to backup your data. After that you we can start messing
about to resolve the error "cannot format".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by unikazzy(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2013
pls my desktop is displaying "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart" pls hw so i resolve it? I hv very important files inside it and i dont want to lose them. Plssss helpppp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TrebleChamp(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Goodday all, pls i need help installing PES 13 on my DEll Inspiron N5040, 3gb ram, 2.15ghz processor. I bought the dvd and whenever i try to install it, i get this message (Error 1308.Source file not found:C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2013\img\dt01.img. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it.) Thanks for the anticipated assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akmust(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
@skydancer: please enlighten me more about this freedom application, when i tried launching the address it opened radialpint.com[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akmust(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
@un-kazzy; try boot the system in safe mode, extract your important file, and then you can run a chkds /r on the system using the os cd. this should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
uni-kazzy:
pls my desktop is displaying "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart" pls hw so i resolve it? I hv very important files inside it and i dont want to lose them. Plssss helpppp

your os is corrupt so u need to reload it .. if you can go ahead but if not look for a qualified engineer that can help u out, alongside help save your document first

"Adetwin IT Concept Ent.
Having a good time maintaining your Desktop Computers, Laptop, Palm Top and Network,As computer technology increases in complexity so does the need for a qualified service provider who is able to maintain and support that technology.

Contact Details:
Office Address: 12,Alof Street Off Omididun Street Lagos Island, Lagos.
Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
i have hp4540s window 8 64bit . am trying to convert it to 32bit but it refused to boot from cdrom and i set the boot options but yet it will see the window 8 disc but refused to boot from it. help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Kay-baba:
i have hp4540s window 8 64bit . am trying to convert it to 32bit but it refused to boot from cdrom and i set the boot options but yet it will see the window 8 disc but refused to boot from it. help
which DVD are you using? how sure are you the DVD has autorun? have you tried it on another PC? and you sso sure you set the boot order to CD/DVD as first? you could also hit F8 or so to select where to boot from.

All above is to just get your PC to boot from CD/DVD has nothing to do with changing from 64bit to 32bit, seems you know what you are doing wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bluetech87: 1:49am On Jul 12, 2013
Pls pals, I need Help on configuring my Freedom application... With mtn network. Help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2013
Bluetech87: Pls pals, I need Help on configuring my Freedom application... With mtn network. Help pls
We solve PC problems NOT FBT problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2013
uni-kazzy:
A windows bootloader file is either missing/corrupt. The logical solution would be to get your data out first by booting to Windows via Safe Mode. Hit the F8 button when the BIOS screen comes on, Select the first option (Safe Mode) or if you want to move the files to cloud storage i.e DropBox,if you don't have select Safe Mode with Networking (or something like that). Plug in a flash drive/external hard disk, then backup your data.

Option #2 is to repair the corrupt OS with a bootable Windows CD.

Let us know how it goes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ORAFA(m): 10:26am On Jul 12, 2013
My PC is very slow and sometimes freezes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jbanj4(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2013
Someone pls help, I installed windows 8 on my HP DM4 and I've tried everything to I can to install Netframe 3.5 to no avail.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KazeKage1: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2013
ORAFA: My PC is very slow and sometimes freezes.
Defragment the hard drive.
Delete/Un-install some necessary apps to free up RAM/Hard disk space.
Upgrade the RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2013
jbanj4: Someone pls help, I installed windows 8 on my HP DM4 and I've tried everything to I can to install Netframe 3.5 to no avail.
some apps which are not made to install on win 8 wont install...best bet is for you to get virtual box app and install maybe win 7 or xp to install your preferred apps. Virtualization needs to be on. Google installing virtual box.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2013
ORAFA: My PC is very slow and sometimes freezes.
in addition to what other engrs have wrote.check the child board computers on here. There's a thread detailing ow to solve problems of slow computers....cant post
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TrebleChamp(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
TrebleChamp: Goodday all, pls i need help installing PES 13 on my DEll Inspiron N5040, 3gb ram, 2.15ghz processor. I bought the dvd and whenever i try to install it, i get this message (Error 1308.Source file not found:C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2013\img\dt01.img. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it.) Thanks for the anticipated assistance.
Please i need help on this issue, anyone with solution should please respond, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
TrebleChamp: Please i need help on this issue, anyone with solution should please respond, thanks.

your system disk is having problems accessing the dat.01 file...Maybe you copy all contents from the cd to your pc and install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jbanj4(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
onegig: some apps which are not made to install on win 8 wont install...best bet is for you to get virtual box app and install maybe win 7 or xp to install your preferred apps. Virtualization needs to be on. Google installing virtual box.

Thanks but its not a software or app, its a framework developed by Microsoft that runs on Windows, to help softwares work eg-Coreldraw, and many games. Windows 8 comes with Netframe 4.0 installed, but I need Netframe 3.5 to be installed for some apps, games and a few softwares to work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Femry(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
pls any useful guide or wat to do to my Hp Pavillion DV6, sometimes it use to deliver message like no audio device instanlled wenever I tried playin Audio files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
jbanj4:

Thanks but its not a software or app, its a framework developed by Microsoft that runs on Windows, to help softwares work eg-Coreldraw, and many games. Windows 8 comes with Netframe 4.0 installed, but I need Netframe 3.5 to be installed for some apps, games and a few softwares to work
OK i get u now. although am going to review win 8 critically this weekend. i believe netframe aint the problem..i just installed corel 12 and need for speed most wanted from ea games wit no issues on a window 8 pc. wat version are u installing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
support.microsoft.com/kb/2785188 Check this link bro for more info on installing .net framework.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.