Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263492 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2009
@stan
you can try using downloading a software from this site:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
it's called Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer (super for short and it's totally free)
i usually use it not only to convert music formats but also videos (avi, 3gp, flv u name it)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2009
@ec3l
what model of compaq exactly? perhaps i could help you find links to a site where you
can download drivers (hp may also be a place to sniff around) but like stan said, your
problem is probably with your display

@bigafees
visual studio 2008 hardware requirements:
# Minimum: 1.6 GHz CPU, 384 MB RAM, 1024x768 display, 5400 RPM hard disk
# Recommended: 2.2 GHz or higher CPU, 1024 MB or more RAM, 1280x1024 display, 7200 RPM or higher hard disk
# On Windows Vista: 2.4 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM

your ram is way too small; you need to increase it - or better still get a new pc (if it's not
too inconvenient; pentium3 is way out of date)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Godmother(f): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2009
Guys, this is my problem.A friend says it could be a hardware problem.I gave out my cpanel login info to someone online and I dont no if this is the cause of the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2009
sorry could you elaborate on what you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
Hi,
I have opera browser of all versions on my fone but dont have the settings,can u pls help mem with it.my email address is tunde300us@gmail.com.
Secondly i have this dell laptop,anytime i run an antivirus on it and i restart the laptop the antivirus would have been removed either completely or it will say, file corrupted etc.donno wat kind of virus is dis or it a registry problem.I have formatted the laptop several times and d same thing happens.Nice thread i will say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Tunde: You have been attacked by a virus. Probably win32 sality though am not sure. The virus corrupts any executable find it can find on your PC. The purpose is not to prevent it from working but to make you think you are safe when almost everthing in your computer is lost. After some time it starts destroying your programs. Most antiviruses stop working when their filesize change. You will likely get an error message saying the original program has been modified. This is what is happening to your antivirus. The source of the virus is probably a corrupted dump you are using. After formatting your system when you run the corrupted program it reinfects your PC. The only solution to this is to scan all your dumps on a friend's PC. Then reinstall your OS again.

@Godmother: ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mygee33(m): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
Okay here is this one oh!
My PC plays game especially (winning 11) in slow motion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use a p4 with 1.7ghz, 512 RAM, enough HHD space, just today i downloaded Intel Extreme graphic accelerator ver 6.14.10.4342
What next do i do again. My laptop with almost the same configuration plays the game comfortably, i wonder why!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
Try and check the ram usage of your PC. Your processor is not fast enough though. Your laptop is probably a dual core. If your ram usage does not exceed 512 mb when you are running it then notify me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dfash(m): 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2009
PLS can you help me with any information on how to solve this riddle am currently facing concerning the state of my laptop battery that refuse to charge. this problem started not quiet long, i discovered that whenever i plug my laptop it will first show the charging light for some few seconds before it stops and never be seen again. and when i check the battery charging level it shows 0% and trips off whenever there is power outage. pleaseeeeeeeeeee i need urgent advice. pls i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

my mail addrs--- prinzalveez@yahoo.com sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2009
@mygee, like skydancer says it's probably your rm that's too low
another problem might be your display card (although i believe intel graphics cards should
be ok if you are sure that you are using the right driver)

@dfash it's quite possible that your battery is bad; have you been letting it run down?
i once used a laptop and noticed that everytime the battery ran down completely the battery life was reduced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 12, 2009
Plz i jst bought a fairly used laptop Pemtium M wen chargn it nd get to %100 and i unplugd da ac it cn stay for 4minute it ll off back so i only use it wen der's light,do i nid to chg da batteri nd hw much?2ndly wen browsin is vry slow plz help email xule20@gmail.com fnkz guys 1luv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Segunagagu(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2009
Hello skydancer or anyone should help'me i use eset beta antivirus. It sees all my application as virus and so it will clean and the size will be small so it wont work again pls help and also it all my fiies with .exe as virus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2009
maybe you should change your antivirus; i personally use avgfree
i'm sure there are other free and effective antiviruses out there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
I am confused, my Pc showed the Blue Screen. . I then tried formatting. . When it got to the Partitions, I was unable to delete the existing setupt, I pressed D to delete it didnt press and my keyboard is working fine, What might be wrong, i am suspecting the installation Cd. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
when exactly does the blue screen come up?
before the windows startup screen (where you have the microsoft windows logo)
during startup or after you have startup and are now working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
We need to know what the blue screen says:, before will help you diagnose the problem. it might be faulty hard drive maybe that why you unable to delete the partition . just a bit curiosity what type keyboard do you use ? ps2 or usb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
I"ll reommend you run hard drive test on your computer by visitng http://support.packardbell.co.uk/uk/item/index.php?i=6917050600&ppn=P660400401 just copy and past into your address bar. it works with any computer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
@blackweaver, it comes up when its about to open Desktop. . It gives possible problem that may cause the problem, It doesnt really specify a problem. .
@all, i am unable to use the pc at all, and i use ps2 keyboard not usb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mygee33(m): 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
skydancer:

Try and check the ram usage of your PC. Your processor is not fast enough though. Your laptop is probably a dual core. If your ram usage does not exceed 512 mb when you are running it then notify me
II can't remember how to check this RAM thing again. i hope it will have to be from the task manager, or thereabout. I ll have to log off from here anyway, and then play the game!

@blackweaver
Is there any other intel graphics driver. That is why i gave the complete version of the one i have on the pc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mygee33(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2009
@skydancer
The CPU usage says 100% while the game is on and another one PF* usage says 317MB. Others things were just showing series of numbers in kb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2009
@Mygee: Your processor is too slow for the game. That's why it says 100%. That means it is using every percentage of the processor power which must be slowing your system down. You can try to defragment the folder of the game in case of file fragmentation which can also cause slow data reading. You can download IOBIT SmartDefrag, It is extremely wonderful in taking care of your hard drive.

@Stancozy: It's probably your hard drive or your ram. If you have not been hearing hard drive whirls then it should be your ram. Try changing your ram. It is greatly responsible for causing errors in retrieving data from cd rom or hard drive.

@Scantee: You don't need to register. Just wait for the page to load, then click 'click here to start download'. It's working

@Segun: Your files have been corrupted. I am really worried. I don't know when viruses started coming up again. Do the same thing I told Tunde to do :
skydancer:

@Tunde: You have been attacked by a virus. Probably win32 sality though am not sure. The virus corrupts any executable find it can find on your PC. The purpose is not to prevent it from working but to make you think you are safe when almost everthing in your computer is lost. After some time it starts destroying your programs. Most antiviruses stop working when their filesize change. You will likely get an error message saying the original program has been modified. This is what is happening to your antivirus. The source of the virus is probably a corrupted dump you are using. After formatting your system when you run the corrupted program it reinfects your PC. The only solution to this is to scan all your dumps on a friend's PC. Then reinstall your OS again.

@Godmother: ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 9:14am On Aug 14, 2009
What can be wrong when you have this error pop up ''Incompatible Dimm module in socket''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2009
Typical ram problem. I knew it would be your ram. Most mordern dimm slots accept ram with frequency of 166mhz, 286 or 333. If you were using another ram before, check the frequency on the label. Then buy a new one with the same frequency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2009
Typical ram problem. I knew it would be your ram. Most mordern dimm slots accept ram with frequency of 166mhz, 286 or 333. If you were using another ram before, check the frequency on the label. Then buy a new one with the same frequency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2009
did you upgrade or change your ram?
Try reinserting your ram in your motherboard
if the error still persists then either your ram or
your motherboard (hopefully not) needs changing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rogo: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2009
HEY GUYS
MY PENTIUM 3 SYSTEM REFUSED TO SHOW ANYTHING I HAVE TROUBLESHOOT THE SYSTEM MEMORY YET NOTHING SHOW UP. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTORE BACK THIS SYSTEM. COS I HAVE ALOT OF FILE AND APPLICATIONS INSIDE. CAN REACH ME THRU MY MAIL

onyewenu@yahoo.com

THANKS GOD BLESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2009
@rogo, your system refuse to show something, how do you mean ? turns on with light but no display or it booted into windows but no desktop icons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2009
refused to show anything like how?
do you mean that when you put your pc on you don't see anything at all?
if so when you press caps lock on your keyboard; does the light caps light change?
are you sure that your monitor is weel plugged into the cpu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2005(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2009
@Those are basics you need to check for, nice one blackweaver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Rogo: You didn't explain yourself well, but you definitely didn't sound like the problem was from your monitor since you said you tried a type of recovery. I suspect you're saying your pc hangs when booting. Either at the initial boot screen or the logon screen. If this is the case, simply install a new os. When you're installing, it would ask you if you want to delete the old installation. Select no and enter a new path like windows1 for the new operating system. That way you have a new clean install separate from the first one. All your files will still be retained. If you get an access denied message when you try to access your folders, notify me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.