Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,944 members, 7,841,627 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280222 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
smoothicon:
please tolzeal,zyxx and other gurus help a brother updated to windows 8.1 on my hp 620 and cant find "sleep" and "hibernate" wat can i do abt it its really frustrating

Sorry Bro...It's there

Go down to the LEFT edge of ur screen, at the extreme end. Right Click , Outta the Options that will show up. there Will Always be the Buttons you are looking for there.

Update me.more...

Send Scrreenshots if u are confused.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
kingsley989:

Ok. I will add a 4gb stick soon. Thanks a lot and God bless.

My pleasure sir.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
jeak123:
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone help!!!!!!!!
my Dell Inspiron 15 will go to sleep or hibernate. i don't know what to do. when i switch it on, i could hear the last activity if its music playing yet the screen will refuse to come up until after i switch it off for a long time before it comes on. and if i allow it for a while, it will go to sleep again still performing the last task before it hibernated. please someone should help me resolve this.
pls check d power setting in control panel
Change all to " do nothing "
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
@tolzeal, xxyyzz, my Mozilla pops out a lot of ads like dis unisales ads hw do I stop it cos its annoying n disturbing.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
gingger:
@tolzeal, xxyyzz, my Mozilla pops out a lot of ads like dis unisales ads hw do I stop it cos its annoying n disturbing.
Thanks
it may be cause by some add-on Install in your browser go to menu then choose the add-on in mozilla go to extention disable the unwanted add-on restart your browser let me know if it works for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ewosk: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
My laptop was failing to start, wen i turn on power, d processor fan runs
fyn but then an indicator flashes thrice bt no display...bt it sometyms
comes on and works fyn....

Gave it to a Technician....
Did Ram check and cleaned the internal of the system....
but the issue
now is that the system is heating up...auto shutdown twice while using
it..

Gave d nigga d system n he said d system is ok cuz he use ms word
without issues but i av to 'uninstall my pes n reinstall'' it that dat's d
cause''' sounds crappy...someone suggested thermal paste, will that stop d
overheating because i cant use a system for word n wmp only...

BTW: How should i go about arresting the technician., cause my dxdiag
shows 4096 of ram before i gave him..d last i checked wen i collected it
twas showing 2048 of ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 3:08am On Mar 10, 2015
gingger:
Thanks

Download Ad block plus Affon for mozilla
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dbestuncle: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2015
please my 2 external hard-disk can not com up on any computer. device can not be recognise although the light is on n the sounds from it says it is on. please i need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sandammy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pls lords, I have this Samsung notebook with 500 HDD, 4GB RAM, Core i5, Radeon graphics. the issue with it is that it refused to play Mortal Combat after the first time I installed it. the second time I tried to play the game it refused to open and the system does not give any reason for not opening the game. is it that the specification for the notebook is too small for the game? what should I do to be able to play it smoothly?. thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
sandammy:
Pls lords, I have this Samsung notebook with 500 HDD, 4GB RAM, Core i5, Radeon graphics. the issue with it is that it refused to play Mortal Combat after the first time I installed it. the second time I tried to play the game it refused to open and the system does not give any reason for not opening the game. is it that the specification for the notebook is too small for the game? what should I do to be able to play it smoothly?. thanks.
av it formatted it before and what d screen resolution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
dbestuncle:
please my 2 external hard-disk can not com up on any computer. device can not be recognise although the light is on n the sounds from it says it is on. please i need help
pls try it on another system or change d cables
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
ewosk:
My laptop was failing to start, wen i turn on power, d processor fan runs
fyn but then an indicator flashes thrice bt no display...bt it sometyms
comes on and works fyn....

Gave it to a Technician....
Did Ram check and cleaned the internal of the system....
but the issue
now is that the system is heating up...auto shutdown twice while using
it..

Gave d nigga d system n he said d system is ok cuz he use ms word
without issues but i av to 'uninstall my pes n reinstall'' it that dat's d
cause''' sounds crappy...someone suggested thermal paste, will that stop d
overheating because i cant use a system for word n wmp only...

BTW: How should i go about arresting the technician., cause my dxdiag
shows 4096 of ram before i gave him..d last i checked wen i collected it
twas showing 2048 of ram
where do u base?
U can use ur receipt to arrest him
Coz d system configuration is there

About d over heating it d fan heatsink and paste
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Tolzeal:

Download Ad block plus Affon for mozilla

I will appreciate if you can give a link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
sandammy:

Try right clicking and running as an Administrator.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
dbestuncle:

Seeing as you said either don't work on any computer, I'll assume that you are using the same cable for the two of them. Try and find another cable to use. I'm betting that that cable has an issue with the 'green and white' wires, while the 'red and black' are fine.

In other words, it's supplying power, but no data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by edobor108(m): 4:10am On Mar 11, 2015
gurus in the houx,the laptop i bought not long ago have white line at the top of the screen,what might be the fault nd hw can i remove it,pls am a novice wen it cums to laptop matters nd dis my first laptop.tankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2015
edobor108:
gurus in the houx,the laptop i bought not long ago have white line at the top of the screen,what might be the fault nd hw can i remove it,pls am a novice wen it cums to laptop matters nd dis my first laptop.tankz
That's either the effect of shock (experienced from physical forces) or the screen have deteriorating pixels which in some cases spreads over time or remains stagnant. I'm sorry to say this but you'll have to use it that way. However, you can return it if you'r still covered under the warranty or buy a new screen entirely.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by edobor108(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2015
That's either the effect of shock
(experienced from physical forces) or the screen have deteriorating
pixels which in some cases spreads over time or remains stagnant. I'm
sorry to say this but you'll have to use it that way. However, you can
return it if you'r still covered under the warranty or buy a new screen
entirely.[/quote] i dnt mind using it d way it is atlest it don't affect
it dat much,am just afraid about the possibility of it spreading
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 8:44am On Mar 11, 2015
bigt2:
That's either the effect of shock (experienced from physical forces) or the screen have deteriorating pixels which in some cases spreads over time or remains stagnant. I'm sorry to say this but you'll have to use it that way. However, you can return it if you'r still covered under the warranty or buy a new screen entirely .
screen issues are not covered under warranty

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2015
Regards to you all in the house. Please I need clearification on this. Does HP PROBOOK 450G1 model no-F2P37UT#ABA have fingerprint security? Each time I go to HP Client Security to enable Fingerprint its tells me "The fingerprint reader is not connected. Connect to reader" How do I fix this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
kingsley989:
Regards to you all in the house. Please I need clearification on this. Does HP PROBOOK 450G1 model no-F2P37UT#ABA have fingerprint security? Each time I go to HP Client Security to enable Fingerprint its tells me "The fingerprint reader is not connected. Connect to reader" How do I fix this?
have you tried checking and updating the drivers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sandammy(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2015
HyDef:

Try right clicking and running as an Administrator.
I did that, it is the same issue. gave it to a friend whose laptop is configured with nvidia graphics, same issue again. mind you mine processor speed is 2.5 GHz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dbestuncle: 9:21am On Mar 12, 2015
HyDef:

Seeing as you said either don't work on any computer, I'll assume that you are using the same cable for the two of them. Try and find another cable to use. I'm betting that that cable has an issue with the 'green and white' wires, while the 'red and black' are fine.

In other words, it's supplying power, but no data.

Thanks. i av tried another set of cables and also tried on another computer system. i tot wen an hard disk crash, u just loose file bnut in this case the device stop functioning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2015
bigt2:
have you tried checking and updating the drivers?
No I haven't. I just want to be sure it is fingerprint compactible. A friend said its not, but he is not sure though.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TIDDOLL(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hello...plzz...this is more like an hardware problem...seems like my laptop's cooling fan has a problem...nd my laptop seems to b overheating...every action is slow...nd some keys are no more working....plss I use an HP PAV DV6..wat can I do??...need it back asap...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 5:26am On Mar 13, 2015
I need help with a passworded rar file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:27am On Mar 13, 2015
kingsley989:

No I haven't. I just want to be sure it is fingerprint compactible. A friend said its not, but he is not sure though.
is the hardware there? I mean can you see an outlet like a fingerprint scanner on your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:34am On Mar 13, 2015
TIDDOLL:
Hello...plzz...this is more like an hardware problem...seems like my laptop's cooling fan has a problem...nd my laptop seems to b overheating...every action is slow...nd some keys are no more working....plss I use an HP PAV DV6..wat can I do??...need it back asap...
this can be caused by any or all of these problems:
too much dust or dirt clogging your air vent.
Hard disk failed smart test, and/or virus infection shoots CPU usage to close to 99% always;
run a hard disk test from the bios to affirm the status, log in to windows then open task manager and study the CPU usage-should be between 8, 15 and highest, 40% at startup. Get back to me. Can't type much now. Going to work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TIDDOLL(m): 7:40am On Mar 13, 2015
bigt2:
this can be caused by any or all of these problems:
too much dust or dirt clogging your air vent.
Hard disk failed smart test, and/or virus infection shoots CPU usage to close to 99% always;
run a hard disk test from the bios to affirm the status, log in to windows then open task manager and study the CPU usage-should be between 8, 15 and highest, 40% at startup. Get back to me. Can't type much now. Going to work.
thanks, ill try this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2015
bigt2:
is the hardware there? I mean can you see an outlet like a fingerprint scanner on your laptop?

Its apparently there at the right side beside the sticker. It's an Envy apparently, so I'm betting that's it.

Maybe drivers are the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
op my system has been a source of traumer 2 me..i installed windows 7 on it n other apps n after usin it 4 a while d screen goes blue wit some bunch of error warnins.i reformatted it n still d same senerio occured so i tot its d apps so wen i formatted it 4 d 3rd time i refuse 2 put any app n still yet d same tin occurred so i went 2 buy a new hdd n its still making the same troubles....pls help me out.........speakin of which,dere is a window vista tag on d system so i'm wonderin if it was actually designed 4 windows vista alone or maybe winxp jst sayin but pls any one with a viable tips will be highly appreciated......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
HyDef:

Its apparently there at the right side beside the sticker. It's an Envy apparently, so I'm betting that's it.

Maybe drivers are the issue.
check the device manager for missing drivers. this will be shown with a yellow question maark symbol. let us know how it goes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.