Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289708 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:29am On May 17, 2016
Emeka71:
Thanks for the information; but bluetooth is not there and can I possibly install bluetooth on the system?

Yes you can but you need to buy a internal wifi that has a bluetooth module or you can buy a USB bluetooth dongle.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by raulxviq(m): 9:23am On May 17, 2016
Pls bro my pc no longer connect to internet sayin d adapter is not connected pls i need help to resolve dis my 1gig has 2day to expire
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2016
mecksoncrown:

thanks bro. I appreciate

No p. Just make sure you have removed any of your important files in Windows.old.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2016
Akell:

it's a BlackBerry Z30 OS 10.3........ while the pad is Tecno H8.

laptop is Brian laptop. windows 10

On your BB go to settings, networks and connections, mobile hotspot. Tap on configure, confirm the password is the one you used on the laptop by tapping on the eye icon. Make sure frequency is set at 2.4ghz.

Now go to your pc, click on start (if your pc starts with windows tiles skip this), click on the arrow pointing down scroll, find pc settings and click on it. Choose Network then manage connections. Click on your bb hotspot name and click forget. Exit the settings and try to connect again, put in the confirmed password.

Lemme know how this goes for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2016
raulxviq:
Pls bro my pc no longer connect to internet sayin d adapter is not connected pls i need help to resolve dis my 1gig has 2day to expire

What are you using to connect?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iAreMozelle(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2016
LordReed:

1. What do you mean by refresh? Are you trying to reinstall Windows?

2. Try downloading and installing the relevant phone software.

Refresh like an advanced quarantine that doesn't affect my files...plus which device
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iAreMozelle(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2016
LordReed:

1. What do you mean by refresh? Are you trying to reinstall Windows?

2. Try downloading and installing the relevant phone software.

The PC no longer responds to any phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2016
iAreMozelle:

Refresh like an advanced quarantine that doesn't affect my files...plus which device

I still don't understand. How are you doing the quarantine? What software?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iAreMozelle(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2016
LordReed:

from general settings...my main problem is connecting my phone via USB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iAreMozelle(m): 11:40am On May 17, 2016
LordReed:

it's a HP 2000 Notebook PC..
O
I've tried connecting it with three different USB cords to Nokia,Samsung and itel phones...still no response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2016
iAreMozelle:

from general settings...my main problem is connecting my phone via USB

Have you asked over at the phone section it may be a phone settings thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2016
iAreMozelle:

As far as I know the only time I see "media files missing" is when I am trying to install OS or otger software from a compromised media (cd, dvd or flash drive. It indicates that the installer cannot find specific files. Whatever you trying to do cannot find the necessary files so maybe you need a different medium either a cd, dvd or flash.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iAreMozelle(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2016
LordReed:

Have you asked over at the phone section it may be a phone settings thing.

My phone USB settings is set on Nokia suite..I've used all settings...when i plug it to my phone it takes 5seconds before saying "no response from host"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seyoops4u: 2:51pm On May 17, 2016
Pls, I dunno want is happening to this lappy ooo. It's not connecting to WIFI despite the wifi is ON.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:37am On May 18, 2016
good morning guys, please my Toshiba laptop battery cannot last for more than 1 hr recently. i read somewhere that Toshiba is giving out free battery for replacement in laptops manufactured between June 2011 and 2015. please how can get the new battery? or is there any other solution to this my laptop battery apart from getting a new one. THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olasco93: 8:59am On May 18, 2016
LordReed, Please is there a way I can minimize the consumption of data on my Laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 10:08am On May 18, 2016
LordReed:

On your BB go to settings, networks and connections, mobile hotspot. Tap on configure, confirm the password is the one you used on the laptop by tapping on the eye icon. Make sure frequency is set at 2.4ghz.

Now go to your pc, click on start (if your pc starts with windows tiles skip this), click on the arrow pointing down scroll, find pc settings and click on it. Choose Network then manage connections. Click on your bb hotspot name and click forget. Exit the settings and try to connect again, put in the confirmed password.

Lemme know how this goes for you.

thanks boss. Did as you said, still no 'lucky' (in Falz voice)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2016
Olasco93:
LordReed,
Please is there a way I can minimize the consumption of data on my Laptop?

Yes several strategies you can use. Some are: disable automatic updates, disable any program that automatically connects to the internet (like skype, messengers), use opera browser (slow connection mode) and disable showing of images.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2016
seyoops4u:
Pls, I dunno want is happening to this lappy ooo. It's not connecting to WIFI despite the wifi is ON.

Are you putting in the correct password?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baddest095: 11:06am On May 18, 2016
guys pls help..my PC crashes anyhow.. b4 I could play games.. BT nw once I start d game ma PC will crash..I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seyoops4u: 11:12am On May 18, 2016
LordReed:

Are you putting in the correct password?
yes, the pwd is correct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2016
baddest095:
guys pls help..my PC crashes anyhow.. b4 I could play games.. BT nw once I start d game ma PC will crash..I need help

This usually happens when you've updated drivers or one of the games installed a dynamic library that is interfering with proper operation. Try a driver roll back or you uninstall any recent programs you installed and see if you get a more stable operation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2016
seyoops4u:
yes, the pwd is correct.

Right click on My Computer and choose manage. Click on device manager then scroll down to see if there is any thing with a yellow or red icon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlingnuel(m): 1:25pm On May 18, 2016
I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc. Lately, I can no longer download or install software updates presented on Windows Store. When I click on an update to install, it keeps downloading till eternity and finally presenting an error message. I've tried the Wsreset.exe command, logging in and out of Store, among others, all to no avail. How do I get around this issue Cos it's sickening when you are helplessly stuck on older versions of your installed softwares when there are series of updates being rolled out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HFOG(f): 3:35pm On May 18, 2016
LordReed:

Dear Sis how are you?
Blessed as usual sir. You?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
Hello..Pls my system is nt displaying and I'm sure itz nt a screen problem, whenever it comes on itz just the black screen..what can I do?..Itz a Samsung Notebook.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2016
Akell:

thanks boss. Did as you said, still no 'lucky' (in Falz voice)

You did not follow the second set of steps I told you to. From the pix you posted I can see that the computer is set to manually connect to the hotspot. If you had clicked forget like I asked you to it would not bring that error. Follow that second set of steps properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2016
HFOG:

Blessed as usual sir. You?

Doing ok, God is helping us. How is everybody over there?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HFOG(f): 6:05pm On May 18, 2016
LordReed:

Doing ok, God is helping us. How is everybody over there?
We're all good sir. All thanks to God. Coming to Abj next week or so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2016
LordReed:

You did not follow the second set of steps I told you to. From the pix you posted I can see that the computer is set to manually connect to the hotspot. If you had clicked forget like I asked you to it would not bring that error. Follow that second set of steps properly.
The pix I sent was the result of what I got after I clicked on forget. I'll redo it and send to you later . thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bejeria101(m): 9:38pm On May 18, 2016
HFOG:
We're all good sir. All thanks to God. Coming to Abj next week or so.
Yes! Im in! *dancing david dance,sips water,continues with david dance*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.