Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272617 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 3:39am On Aug 16, 2016
trent101:
pls i need help, my external hard disk fell from my hand and has since then refused to come up, its just d indicator light dat comes up. is there still hope for my hard disk?

There might be hope...08029495219 whatsapp me let's chat. Pls note, whatsapp only calls or sms on the line are never attended to.

sbabimbola:
Good day everyone, my laptop stops charging intermittently. pls what can I do?

Did you change anything before the problem started like battery or charger? Try another charger say from a colleague, if that don't work, and you didn't change battery recently, it might be your charging port, which means work would have to be done on your motherboard. You can contact me, my number is on the post above...strictly whatsapp.

whiz10:
yes i was using windows 10
: Follow my recommended advice and your system would be back, up and running. You might have to reinstall all your programs/apps sha.

Jeus:
My HP compaq presario is giving this problem, It shows HP wireless module is not functioning or Installed correctly (Error 701), I can't use my WiFi ever since.

That error code says you might need to replace your wireless module, but before you do that I would suggest you try the following:

*Do a power reset by disconnecting AC Adapter, Removing Battery and Holding the power button down for about 20
secs, then check to see if it's OK now.

*Update the BIOSĀ and check again

*Reseat the wireless card and (yeah you guessed right) check again

If all fails, you'll need to purchase new wireless module. Contact details above (above) this post. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2016
Jeus:
My HP compaq presario is giving this problem, It shows HP wireless module is not functioning or Installed correctly (Error 701), I can't use my WiFi ever since.
Update Your PC Device Drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2016
Hayormeah:

yes....It did
Am asking because b4 u get to the bios setup u have to press a certain key.
You know what get me d screen shot of the first page immediately after pressing the power button.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rawdpiper(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
Intel core i5 4th/5th gen @ 2.4-2.6 GHz
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sbabimbola(f): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
bdavis:

Did you change anything before the problem started like battery or charger? Try another charger say from a colleague, if that don't work, and you didn't change battery recently, it might be your charging port, which means work would have to be done on your motherboard. You can contact me, my number is on the post above...strictly whatsapp.

: grin

I changed charger though, thanks.

I'd try using another charger, thanks once again......

and if the trouble shoots again I might contact you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fromnigeria(m): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Please friends my hp mini laptop just started producing a long beep during POST then stops, after which it ask me to select the operating system to use?

What could be wrong? and what is the way out?

Please help!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vickers95(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello.
My laptop (Hp 2000) just suddenly went off and even though power goes in as it charges, it does not come on when I press the power button.
History about the laptop: I changed the board last year.

Please any help would be appreciated.
Bdavis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hayormeah(f): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Joshua35g:

Am asking because b4 u get to the bios setup u have to press a certain key.
You know what get me d screen shot of the first page immediately after pressing the power button.

once I switch it on, it shows the bios setup immediately.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
trent101:
pls i need help, my external hard disk fell from my hand and has since then refused to come up, its just d indicator light dat comes up. is there still hope for my hard disk?

Does it make a clicking sound when connected? If yes then data maybe hard as d disk may have crashed. If no then perhaps the disk itself has disconnected from the SATA connector. Might need to open and check it is still connected. Prior to that if you are a bit computer savvy then Google up testdisk or getbackdata. These are two software than can read d disk of it is still good. Testdisk is free but requires ability to use command line. The other uses GUI but needs a license. Best u get in touch with a good tech to see if ur data can be recovered.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmaco1990(m): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Plz help this is urgent... My Hp elitebook 2530p was working fine until I took it to see a friend, wen we were thru I put the laptop inside the laptop bag, unknowingly the chair wasn't stable so the bag fell with the laptop inside, I didn't see it as anything I got home nd turned it on it came up nd i used it to watch a movie that day. So the next day I tried turning it on but to my surprise it didn't come up, so I decided to plug it in nd wen i did it will just show the Hp logo den it goes off immediately... Plz help...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2016
hello guys, my laptop was working fine until this evening I notice a sound like when a radio station is out of service or closed whenever I boot d system, how how retify this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by good188(m): 3:07am On Aug 17, 2016
Good day house,my wifi or bluetooth wouldnt on even if i press it continuously ,what should i do please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wabiaezoba(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2016
Greetings friends.please my laptop refuse to come up.It ll show strip lines and then fade into white background.what could be the cause...is there any solution?please help me out.thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2016
sbabimbola:

I changed charger though, thanks.

I'd try using another charger, thanks once again......

and if the trouble shoots again I might contact you.

You are welcome...anytime

rawdpiper:
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!

Go for the one with the AMD GPU...the first 1.

good188:
Good day house,my wifi or bluetooth wouldnt on even if i press it continuously ,what should i do please

Check to ensure the driver is installed. Also you can try rebooting the system.

Wabiaezoba:
Greetings friends.please my laptop refuse to come up.It ll show strip lines and then fade into white background.what could be the cause...is there any solution?please help me out.thanks alot

Sounds like you either have a faulty screen, faulty VGA connector or graphic processor. First two are fixable last one would most likely require a motherboard change. Try connecting to your TV if you have an HDMI cable or an external monitor. If it displays, then you can rule out the faulty graphics processor and contact a competent engineer to sort you out.

OjoMadiba:
hello guys, my laptop was working fine until this evening I notice a sound like when a radio station is out of service or closed whenever I boot d system, how how retify this

Bros this sound wey you describe so...which of the underlisted is it? Is it:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or poooooooooooooo grin

If it's the first, I never hear dat 1 before o, but if it's the later, then it probably is in a sequence...can you kindly describe the sequence, it'll help in narrowing down the exact issue.

If however, it is just a long unending poooooooooo grin then that would probably mean the system does come on and boot right? In that case, you definitely have 1 or more keys stuck on your keyboard. Hitting every key one after the other should identify the culprit, or open notepad when Windows is fully booted and watch out for keys that are 'self-typing'.

Emmaco1990:
Plz help this is urgent... My Hp elitebook 2530p was working fine until I took it to see a friend, wen we were thru I put the laptop inside the laptop bag, unknowingly the chair wasn't stable so the bag fell with the laptop inside, I didn't see it as anything I got home nd turned it on it came up nd i used it to watch a movie that day. So the next day I tried turning it on but to my surprise it didn't come up, so I decided to plug it in nd wen i did it will just show the Hp logo den it goes off immediately... Plz help...

Hmmm...this sounds like a board issue. What you have just described is what should happen when your system invokes the processor overheat protection and shuts off, which usually happens cos the fan ain't working. What is a bit puzzling however, is that from what you have just described, it's happening too early. I'll advice you see a competent engineer immediately.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JDlimelight: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
After installing a CD burning software (Nero & Roxio on different pc) some of my applications(uninstalled applications) including newly downloaded ones are turned to ISO files. kindly help on how to stop Nero from turning my application downloads to iso files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
airsaylongcon:

WiFi driver needs reinstalling
how do I go about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Darray(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
horrpeyemi:
it seems you are dealing with "windows is not genuine" ishh? Are you given any warning when you boot up your pc? If you apply wallpaper and next time you boot up your pc is the wallpaper still there or just black background? Can you provide us with screenshot of your pc Desktop?

My wallpaper is no longer there.

It keeps telling me that my activation period has expired each time I boot up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Welldone sir!

My system had a fault. If I plug in the charging port, the charging light will not on (indicating that d laptop is not charginh). Pls how do I fix dis?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
moffymichael:

Welldone sir!

My system had a fault. If I plug in the charging port, the charging light will not on (indicating that d laptop is not charginh). Pls how do I fix dis?

Are you sure the charger is ok and functional? Test it with another system. If it is, your motherboard might need to be worked on, the operating word being might, cos depending on your charging port, you might have to change your motherboard.

Darray:

Buy original and genuine windows license.

Qhalifah:
how do I go about it

What model is your laptop? If it's an HP, send me the product number (P/N) you'll find it underneath the laptop or in the battery compartment (so you'll have to remove the battery).

If it's a Dell, send me the Service Tag. If it's a Toshiba, send me both the model # and serial #. Any other brand, send me the brand, Model and any other identifying marks you might see: serial number, product number, etc I'll try to hunt down the relevant drivers and send you the link.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Thanks! That is exactly what the engineer told me.
How much does the motherboard cost (sony laptop)? Do you have for sale?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 11:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
moffymichael:
Thanks! That is exactly what the engineer told me.

How much does the motherboard cost (sony laptop)? Do you have for sale?

Send me the serial number and the exact model, I'll use that to know your specific motherboard, then I can tell you cost.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 12:44am On Aug 18, 2016
Darray:

Look for kmspico. Look for one on 4shared i.e Google kmpspico+4shared. U have to create a 4shared account to download from 4shared. Most of what you'd see if u just Google kmspico are viruses #talkingFromExperience
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sacredheart: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
please help, I just got this UK used Acer aspire laptop.. everything is working fine..however, have not been able to connect through wireless.. have tried putting on the WiFi(using the command key fn+f3)/ but WiFi isn't coming up. note; these keys work perfectly when pressed individually, so its not keypad problem.
have two installed wireless drivers, one anthereos or so and another.. the anthereos installed successfully but a msg popped up saying .... wireless adapter : has been removed or uninstalled.. please install the wireless adapter..
something like that sha.
the other driver didn't install successfully, non compatible..

have seen been searching for wireless adapter from my device manager - network adapter but there is nothing of such. even from the window search,nothing!!
so it seems the wireless adapter has been removed or hidden or just anything. I Dont know.
Even from the network controller, there's nothing like wireless connection..
I Dont know what to do.. is there anyone who has experienced and has been able to solve this problem...?

I'm really getting frustrated.. using USB tethering is not comfortable for me, I prefer WiFi ..

also I got a fake charger for the system,wasn't intentional, I never knew. but since have been using this litheon charger, the charger gets very very hot.
I mean very hot.. and it makes my PC shock whenever I have a contact with its steel component.. so my grieve is, I know this charger will soon get burnt,blow up, spoil whatever but hope if this happens it won't have any effect on my system or its battery?
using this charger continually poses no problem?

thanks in advance..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by idrisalomagold(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello, Please this is my first time in this trend, Please my mouse always freeze when my laptop is plugged into power supply but comes alive when unplugged. I use dell lattitude 620. Your timely help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
bdavis:

You are welcome...anytime

Go for the one with the AMD GPU...the first 1.

Check to ensure the driver is installed. Also you can try rebooting the system.

Sounds like you either have a faulty screen, faulty VGA connector or graphic processor. First two are fixable last one would most likely require a motherboard change. Try connecting to your TV if you have an HDMI cable or an external monitor. If it displays, then you can rule out the faulty graphics processor and contact a competent engineer to sort you out.

Bros this sound wey you describe so...which of the underlisted is it? Is it:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or poooooooooooooo grin

If it's the first, I never hear dat 1 before o, but if it's the later, then it probably is in a sequence...can you kindly describe the sequence, it'll help in narrowing down the exact issue.

If however, it is just a long unending poooooooooo grin then that would probably mean the system does come on and boot right? In that case, you definitely have 1 or more keys stuck on your keyboard. Hitting every key one after the other should identify the culprit, or open notepad when Windows is fully booted and watch out for keys that are 'self-typing'.
lol it's shhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was from my sound settings. I solved it. thank you boss

Hmmm...this sounds like a board issue. What you have just described is what should happen when your system invokes the processor overheat protection and shuts off, which usually happens cos the fan ain't working. What is a bit puzzling however, is that from what you have just described, it's happening too early. I'll advice you see a competent engineer immediately.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by misterkay(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
I have a serious issue with my HP laptop. The system was plugged in to power source and I was using it at the same time while it was raining. Unfortunately, it was hit by a lightning/thunder and I guess a power surge occurred. The laptop made a sound as if it was exploding on my stomach (I was carrying the laptop on me at the time). Lukily for me the system can still power on/of and every other thing seems to be working except charging. I've plugged and unplugged the charger but still the system won't charge. How serious a damage am I looking at and can this issue be fixed? P.S always unplug your devices during periods of rainfall or lightning/thunder storms.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 6:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Good morning house, each and every time I power my laptop on, it usually makes a loud noise, pls what could be the problem and how do I resolve it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2016
fromnigeria:
Please friends my hp mini laptop just started producing a long beep during POST then stops, after which it ask me to select the operating system to use?

What could be wrong? and what is the way out?

Please help!!

i think your keyboard as problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2016
idrisalomagold:
Hello, Please this is my first time in this trend, Please my mouse always freeze when my laptop is plugged into power supply but comes alive when unplugged. I use dell lattitude 620. Your timely help will be appreciated. Thanks.

use follow come charger to charge it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2016
midps007:
Good morning house, each and every time I power my laptop on, it usually makes a loud noise, pls what could be the problem and how do I resolve it. Thanks

one of the keyboard is pressing down, you have to replace the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2016
Some one said its not okay to watch a dvd movie directly with laptop unless i copy them to the laptop pointing that it damage lens.. How true is this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2016
R2bees:
Some one said its not okay to watch a dvd movie directly with laptop unless i copy them to the laptop pointing that it damage lens.. How true is this?

yes it is true my bro, that dvd lens will not sharp any again

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.