Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271245 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

ok

open PAINT found in accesories then press [b]ALT SCREEN PRINT (PRT SC) then go back to PAINT programe [/b]either you right click to paste or find paste in PAINT then your screen shot is pasted to PAINT then you save it

Can you please explain better, am not getting it!, let us assume i want to copy Facebook screen, how do i do that? What are the keyboard shortcut keys?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FBS: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^^ To make a screenshot

1. Select the window you want to take the screenshot from.
2. Press ctrl+PrtSc (on your keyboard)

Then open Paint (to open Paint. Click Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint)

Once you launch Paint, click on the edit tab and click paste.

You should see your screenshot the save as jpg or whatever format you prefer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rosiggy(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2010
@xlfemzy, thanks so much 4 d tip.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
it didnt work for my window 7 why
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2010
3kay945:

it didnt work for my window 7 why

you did something wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saylawchar(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2010
FBS:

^^^ To make a screenshot

1. Select the window you want to take the screenshot from.
2. Press ctrl+PrtSc (on your keyboard)

Then open Paint (to open Paint. Click Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint)

Once you launch Paint, click on the edit tab and click paste.

You should see your screenshot the save as jpg or whatever format you prefer.

sorry for bothering you guys, i tried the above steps but did not work on my window 7, infact there is no edit tab on my paint, what else can i do? I really need to learn this screen shot pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jibson999(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

check if the user is the adminstrator

windows start ---control panel ---(if arraged by large or small icons) go to ------ user accounts click on user accounts it will show the account name and under the account it will state the account category

thats what im trying to explain. i dont have access to many parts of my system.whenever i try to access it and windows pop up the allow program tab ieYES/NO, the yes option is always blank. only d NO Is available
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
Saylawchar:

[b][/b]

sorry for bothering you guys, i tried the above steps but did not work on my window 7, infact there is no edit tab on my paint, what else can i do? I really need to learn this screen shot pls.

edit tab you will only use it when want to rub off infor in the picture that may ID

1 open paint page (am sure now you know)

2 press ALT + PRT SC (it copies the screen)

3 go back to piant page

4 either you right click mouse & select paste or check paste tab on the right corner of your paint page click on it then your screen is pasted and you save it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2010
Jibson999:

thats what im trying to explain. i dont have access to many parts of my system.whenever i try to access it and windows pop up the allow program tab ieYES/NO, the yes option is always blank. only d NO Is available

am now confused

ok list all part of the system that you can access to
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tipsydude(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2010
Hello house,

Pls I have a problem. My MacBook Air went bonkers some months ago and I couldn't reinstall the Mac leopard OS after that so went ahead to install Windows 7 on it. Ever since then, I have not had audio on the lappy. I tried downloading Boot Camp 3.1 hoping it would resolve the issue but I got no where with it. Right now I got no clue on what next to do so I'ld really appreciate it if anyone would come up with a solution for me cos it really sucks right now as I use my laptop to watch movies whenever am on the road and you all can imagine what it's like to watch Spartacus without audio. Tongue Cry

Am looking forward to solutions from anyone. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2010
tipsydude:

Hello house,

Pls I have a problem. My MacBook Air went bonkers some months ago and I couldn't reinstall the Mac leopard OS after that so went ahead to install Windows 7 on it. Ever since then, I have not had audio on the lappy. I tried downloading Boot Camp 3.1 hoping it would resolve the issue but I got no where with it. Right now I got no clue on what next to do so I'ld really appreciate it if anyone would come up with a solution for me cos it really sucks right now as I use my laptop to watch movies whenever am on the road and you all can imagine what it's like to watch Spartacus without audio. Tongue Cry

you lot drivers for the sound card

go to macbook website you should be able to find support
http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.home&locale=en_GB&q=drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevoh(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2010
Help please! I have been using internet explorer to browse ever since I got my laptop, so I decided to change web browser by downloading and installing mozilla firefox.But till now I've not been able to browse with firefox only internet explorer.What can be the problem and how can I rectify this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2010
kevoh:

Help please! I have been using internet explorer to browse ever since I got my laptop, so I decided to change web browser by downloading and installing mozilla firefox.But till now I've not been able to browse with firefox only internet explorer.What can be the problem and how can I rectify this?

what happens when you open firefox
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tipsydude(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ ZIM DRILL

I would say thanks for your response but I'ld also like you to know that I went through 1 - 150 of All Solutions put up on Apple Support site but couldn't find a solution to the problem. I've actually searched through the support site previously but had to do so again in case I over looked something. I just feel too bad about the whole thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ tipsy, i suggest you try to install the macintosh os back on it!!!

how did you even get windows on it without bootcamp? i dont know of an active hacker movement for windows on mac hardware.

put what was on it back on it. simple. or what was wrong that leopard could not get on it and windows could?

instead of looking for ways to get windows to work, look for how to get the leopard back on it!!!! or is there something you have omitted to tell us? hmmmnn?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevoh(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2010
@zim drill
when i open firefox I keep getting an 'address not found' message while at the top of the tab I get a'page load error message'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2010
kevoh:

@zim drill
when i open firefox I keep getting an 'address not found' message while at the top of the tab I get a'page load error message'

did you try using different web addresses? if yes then

uninstall firefox then re install it again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2010
tipsydude:

@ ZIM DRILL

I would say thanks for your response but I'ld also like you to know that I went through 1 - 150 of All Solutions put up on Apple Support site but couldn't find a solution to the problem. I've actually searched through the support site previously but had to do so again in case I over looked something. I just feel too bad about the whole thing.

then google it am sure you will find some forum with a solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogogo24(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hi guys, pls how do I stop my laptop screen from flickering? Whenever I raise d screen to boot d system, I observe flex problem. Need ur help pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
My internal speakers are not working, I can't hear any sound from my laptop.

I connected by computer to my TV using the HDMI connection, I set the The computer Sound to come  from The TV, so I think I uninstalled one of the sound system thing  from the computer. It's telling me that no devices are installed.

HELP PLZ!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry. would  like you to specify make and model operating system
type of the computer. This can be found underneath the laptop on top of a white sticker. E.g. Hp 530 Windows XP

1st Line Diagnostics pending the answers to the above questions
Meanwhile i take it is windows Vista or Windows 7. if it is click start, run and type in devmgmt.msc and press enter
look for sound video and game controller.Any yellow underneath right click on it and update >automatically. Please ensure laptop is connected to the internet. If you know the manufacturer of your computer, could also visit their
website and download require drivers if still no joy after performing the above diagnostics. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2010
tipsydude:

Hello house,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would advice you to run Microsoft Windows 7 Compatability test
to check your computer is ready to dual boot Leopard and windows 7. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2010
kevoh:

@zim drill

Dear kevoh,

Thanks for the above. whats the name of your operating system type, for example Windows XP.
Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause. Click start , all programmes , mozilla firefox and
mozilla firefox (Safemode) Tick all the box to reset/loade default settings. This will erase your browsing history
and reset to a brand new state. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
Saylawchar:

[/b]

How are you sir? Please how do i copy a page and use? as you have sighted example here, pls

Dear Saylawchar,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and appreciate your explanations. My fellow colleagues
have given you a shortcut key to use so you can paste your capture unto a paint still having
some difficulties with it. Heres' another alternative. click start, all programmes, accessories, accessibility click on screen keyboard if windows xp. [b]Then click Alt+Prtscr key on the on screen keybaord
and make sure what you want to capture is open. for example facebook page

open paint right click then paste or use ctrl +v to paste. IF windows vista type key into the start menu box then click
on screen keybaord follow the above instructions

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
ogogo24:

Hi guys, pls how do I stop my laptop screen from flickering? Whenever I raise d screen to boot d system, I observe flex problem. Need your help pls.

Dear Ogogo,

Thank you for the above enquiry. As the laptop screen flickers this could either be
a software or a hardware failure. Just like a doctor would said, always read the instructions
and follow just as advised. Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause. make sure charger is
plug in to laptop so as to get more power to the screen. turn laptop on, as laptop make and model was not
specify, I would have to blindly flow along. turn laptop on and keep pressing f2, delete or f1 until a screen
similar to the below appears. Observe the laptop on the Bios setup utility. Does it flickers in here. if it does take your laptop a computer centre Engrs for further advice/repairs. Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonysmart: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2010
Please my laptop is acting crazy.I have a Dell inspiron 8600 with windows xp Home edition. Yesterday some water spill on my keyboard and since then when i turn it on i will it will beep and flash green light. Also if i am on the system the page will automatically be scrolling down without control.I also noticed that some times it gets hot.
Please what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Tony.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2010
tonysmart:

Please my laptop is acting crazy.I have a Dell inspiron 8600 with windows xp Home edition. Yesterday some water spill on my keyboard and since then when i turn it on i will it will beep and flash green light. Also if i am on the system the page will automatically be scrolling down without control.I also noticed that some times it gets hot.
Please what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Tony.

come on man you cant ask what is the problem when you know that you spilled water on it

the water is causing the problem it need to be opened cleaned & dried
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

come on man you cant ask what is the problem when you know that you spilled water on it

the water is causing the problem it need to be opened  cleaned & dried

Helpdesk is wicked cheesy cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 2:04am On Oct 26, 2010
pls guru, i need ur help here. whenever i sign in my skype and then try to use IWP to connect, the iwp always complain that the port is been use, i know that skype cause this, now my question is, is there anyway i can separate the two from using the port or java runtime, thanks, i use window 7 starter cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wise3g(m): 10:31am On Oct 26, 2010
cant recieve the wifi,
-------------------------------------
http://www.wise3g.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2010
3kay945:

pls guru, i need your help here. whenever i sign in my skype and then try to use IWP to connect, the iwp always complain that the port is been use, i know that skype cause this, now my question is, is there anyway i can separate the two from using the port or java runtime, thanks, i use window 7 starter cry cry cry

I dont think you can run any meaningful application on Windows 7 starter. It was designed for very old people or nursery kids for basic internet browsing and learning computer.

Try and get Windows 7 pro or Ultimate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2010
denzel2009:

I dont think you can run any meaningful application on Windows 7 starter. It was designed for very old people or nursery kids for basic internet browsing and learning computer.

Try and get Windows 7 pro or Ultimate.

is this the only solution angry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.