Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

President Buhari And The APC Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And The APC Scam (565 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / END Of The APC In Lagos State - Displaced Slum Dweller Claims / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And The APC Scam by janzguy: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Whenever politics in Nigeria is discussed so many issues come to fore, with the most prominent been the issue of partisan. I have never been a fan of the PDP neither do I associate myself with the APC (I belong to nobody and to everybody). For sixteen years Nigerians lived under the clutches of the PDP led administration, who looted and sucked us dry to the bone. Despite the kleptomanic nature of the PDP, some significant changes were exhibited and witnessed. But if anything defines our current political predicament, it is that we have a government that, in the middle of an economic and security crisis, does not have a clue of where it is headed or what to do.

Before the electioneering process, Nigerians were already fed up and tired of Goodluck Jonathan's administration, who they vehemently saw as a weakling and a push-around president. Ecstatic with joy we were when we heard the "change" mantra. Been humans that we all are, change is one constant thing we all long for.

The change mantra came with so many appetising and mouth watering goodies. The perfect depiction of the Nigeria we all longed for, a land flowing with milk and honey. They promised to transform our dear country into a mini-heaven in no distant time. We were promised that on dollar would be equal to a naira in a matter of days. We were promised heaven on earth. We believed them based on past glory, we thought to ourselves "since they once did it in 1983, why not give them a chance in 2015". Just when we thought there was a ray of light and the "messiah" had been sent to us. Suddenly!! it became glaring that we had all been scammed. The "change", was never what it promised to be.

Buhari and his APC cronies had promised us a purified ministerial cabinet, devoid of corrupt individuals, as a matter of fact it took the president over three months to select the "perfect" ministerial candidates that would aide in catapulting our beloved country instantaneously into an heaven. Suddenly!! to our bewildered amusement, most of those who contributed to the "destruction of the country during the PDP era" are currently in the APC cubicle and now they are all regarded as saints. Alias! we were scammed.

In less than three hundred days in office, President Buhari had visited over 24 different countries. Which according to the president's Senior Special Assistant on media and publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, as at November 2015 the presidency had engulfed over N2.3b for his international trips alone within six months. Shehu further ascertained that the number of aircraft on the Presidential fleet was ten. Here is a country with zero budget. Yet again we were scammed.

In bid to win the hearts of wailing Nigerian youths, the APC during her campaign days had promised to pay the Nigeria youth 5,000 naira each as monthly stipend. Only for Buhari to dissociate himself from the promise and pointing it as a mere campaign promise from his vice, Osibanjo. Again we were scammed.

One might be wondered to ask, why the sudden silence? Why the sudden chills, why are Nigerians so patient and enduring during President Buhari's administration unlike former President Goodluck Jonathan's administration? So quickly we have forgotten how we protested when fuel price pump was increased and subside removed, yet nobody is complaining when Buhari's government does same.

Innocent citizens were murdered in cold blood by the Nigerian army, who had sworn to protect lives of her citizens, yet no body seems to be complaining. Even the blind knows if it were during President Goodluck Jonathan's administration issues like this might have brought about religious tension. Just the way El-Rufa'i had lamented and called it genocide when two of Shiek Zakzaky's son were murdered during president Jonathan's administration. The same El-Rufa'i kept mute when over 270 Shii muslims in Kaduna state were murdered in cold blood, in his capacity as the state governor. You need no pastor or imam to tell you a lot of religious sentiments would had been put to play if it were during Jonathan's administration. Many religious fanatics would had even personally blamed Jonathan for the killings.

Why is everybody suddenly quite at the full glare of genocide? And the renowned human rights lawyer Femi Falana is not screaming to the ICC to investigate this crime against humanity. We were again scammed.

It is therefore pertinent to ask "can the Chibok girls ever return home"? President Buhari who had in September 2015 vowed to ensure the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls to their families, is yet to keep to his words. In a similar circumstance President Buhari had declared on 24th of December 2015 that the Nigeria military had "technically" defeated Boko Haram. President Buhari had told the BBC that the Boko Haram could no longer mount "conventional attacks" against security forces or population centres. And that Boko Haram had been reduced to fighting with improvised explosives devices (IED) and remained a force only in its heartland of Borno state. Suddenly!!! there was twin suicide bomb blast on the 28 of December 2015 in the town of Madagali in Adamawa state with over 50 reportedly dead. This is coming few days after the President had declared that the war against Boko Haram militants had been "technically won". If Boko Haram has been "technically" defeated why are the young girls yet to be recovered?

To make matters worse, economic analysts are predicting a 7 years low in oil prices. 7 years ! The schmitta began in September 23, 2015. Which means that in the next seven years Nigerian will go through severe famine all because our government has chosen to abandon our farmlands in order to chase crude oil. Because we are too lazy to produce what we use in Nigeria, we import almost everything, including toothpicks.

Jonathan the "ineffectual buffoon" has evidently gone with his goodluck.

Source: www.divineloveudorji..co.ke/2016/03/president-buhari-and-apc-scam.html?m=1
Re: President Buhari And The APC Scam by magicalBae(f): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
let me book incase...
Re: President Buhari And The APC Scam by mackhunter77: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
I can say u r not a voter (going by your first paragraph)
Re: President Buhari And The APC Scam by fallout87: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
APC a party built on hypocrisy and lies.

Can a foundation built on such last?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari And The APC Scam by christinie(f): 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
The lotion I bought for N1,050 in January cost me N1,800 to buy today.

Welcome to change please.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Will Remain In The Dark / Please Help A Nairalander Answer This Question, "Who Is Fortunato"? / Can This Happen In Naija? Court Orders Zuma To Pay Money Spent On His Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.