Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa (19924 Views)

Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / "Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Jaywon242(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2016
okpor2:
I think u are right.somewhere in d lenthy interview I think he says he should be given cases to handle by efcc!he didn't say he will handle d case free!That man needs a job.He should b giveen one nd he will start singin new tune
don't mind him...was it not in this country that James Ibori was released and acquitted only for him to be jailed by a more competent judicial system? same goes to Lucky Igbinedion of Edo state. the judiciary is corrupt and dey need to be purged.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by ayindejimmy(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2016
This issue is like banana, we dont need knife to cut it.
Buhari cant probe those who brot him to power. But he'l prosecute every other guilty person wit any means possible. And we'l support him like that.
If Pdp manage to get power again they to shuld prosecute all corupt Apc member wit any means possible. we'i also support them too .
'Eni to ba je gbi, loma ku gbi.'
We, the masses av no fear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Raziii(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2016
The truth is Nigeria can not grow with the kind of mindset our leaders have, with the kind of mindset we the followers have... If we are all taken to the United State and given the kind of leaders we have, we are gonna turn USA into Nigeria. To cut it short, we have the country we deserve, period!
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by DelTel(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2016
Its disheartening to read this from Mr Ebun.
Our journalists need to ask pertinent questions from interviewees.

The journalist should've asked him his opinion on the Rickey Tarfa & Nwodike (or what is that name again) that have been frolicking with a judge to the extent of sending #225k to a serving judge!

Also Ebun's position on only a judge handling a law firm's case in Lagos for over 10years and winning ALL the cases.

His opinion on Justice Odein Ajumugobia sanction by the NJC.

Pls ask Ebun who has been appointing judges and their elevation; how has that affected the nation adversely when (PDP) politicians fill the judiciary with their lackey and cronies.

This is our country, no sitting on the fence; its either you are for them or against them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by tiwiex(m): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2016
christinie:
[b]The president is using the incumbency factor to cover those who funded his campaign now and shielding them from investigation. That is what he’s doing.

Looking at the trend of things in the country today, what is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear is that the presi­dent is insincere and that insincerity is leading him from one error to another. He’s being insincere with his selective fight against corruption. He is shielding his loyalists and then bearing his fangs on his opponents. He doesn’t want that insincerity to be discovered. He wants to cover up and in covering up, he wants to silence every other person. If it gets to a stage where people can’t be silenced, it will get to a stage where people will be assassinated, where companies will be closed down. I fear that we are moving towards the precipice of anarchy. I fear that it will get to a time when people will be using the president as an example of disobedience of court orders. People who do ordinary businesses, who do ordinary transactions will also be taking the laws into their own hands. It will spill over to the barracks and policemen will like to arrest people without following due process. It will spill over to every facet of our lives, whereby people will begin to embrace impunity without regards for the rule of law. It will get to a period when people will no longer respect judges, people will no longer respect the courts. We shouldn’t expose the judiciary in that regard. The judiciary is an institution that has held this country together. The president should not destroy that in­stitution, because if he does, it will backfire even on his own presidency and our development and progress. There’s no reason for that. My appeal to the president is very simple. Run this country with transparency, tell us the situation of our economy, give us your economic programme, pursue anti-corruption as a holistic pro­gramme of institutionalised agenda and strengthen the institutions. The judiciary is not the headache of the president, the president is the head­ache of the judiciary. [/b]

Absolutely true.

If you can't read everything, this summarises the epistle guys. I like where he said The judiciary is not the headache of the president, the president is the head­ache of the judiciary

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by tiwiex(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2016
omenka:
You dey mind am. cheesy

These people saying "tell us the true state of our economy and be transparent" were the same shitheads that screamed "Buhari is de-marketing Nigeria with his utterances on the economy".

I've always said it and will reiterate it here- one of Baba's major flaws is his unparalleled honesty. Dude needs to learn to lie like a politician. angry

His perceived or real honesty is the problem. His honesty is his personal load. The constitution runs a nation not an individuals personal honesty. Two honest people could have different opinions of what honesty is. So let him use the constitution. It is safer for the greater good. Like someone said, the day police go carry anyone of us under this approach, there will be no one to fight for us. let's do things constitutionally. We have lost a lot of investment opportunities based on this fear tactic. Maybe more than we can ever gain from the anti-corruption war. Let's work for the greater good of all.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by tiwiex(m): 10:51am On Mar 27, 2016
plaetton:

Everything he said makes sense to all sensible people, except, of course, zombies.

Dont't mind the fellow. Fund ko, money ni. Bros na fond you mean?
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by tuniski: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2016
noblegrex:
it is not for the young ones to understand the deeds of the adult. You don't have the instinct to understand what government is and how people operate. That's why I can't totally blame you ZOMBIE.. But its good atleast MY one and only president of the federal republic of NIGERIA.Honourable,General-President Anti-corrupt Mohammadu BUHARI,will have more reason or point to prove.
Pele old one and the knower of govt workings. Zombism is a disease I have now officially met one!
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2016
If This Is Too Long For You To Read, How Can You Read I Book Of 100 Pages.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by zanga420: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2016
lagbaja:
I regret that I ever voted Ebunolu Adegboruwa aka. Big Sam as student union president back in OAU. The guy is a complete hypocrite and only interested in his popularity and pocket, he is never on the side of the people. Everyone knows that that A good percentage of Nigerian judges are corrupt and were responsible for the endemic corruption we are experiencing.
Its unfortunate how we program our reasonings either in supporting or opposing. The laws are clear for every1, every judge delivers his judgement in accordance with d law. Instead of these arguments, what stops efcc from preparing a solid case with overwhelming evidence d judges can't do anything about. In that case, its only few cases that are 50-50 that'll be bone of contention where one can complain.
All through, d efcc have not presented an overwhelming case with clear cut evidence. Though corruption runs in all facets of nigerian system, from d executive, d legislator to d judiciary, but nothing can defy a cut clear evidence.
All these complains about judges sef. With our pattern of executive presidency, between d executive n judiciary, who bullies each other? Do pmb look like a president d judges can bully? D sympathy should be on d judges been bullied.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by JaaizTech: 11:29am On Mar 27, 2016
Mr. President soldier on. Now EFCC is biting and the likes of Adegoruwa, whom are quick to come to channelstv, to criticise EFCC for their ineffectiveness are now the ones crying!. Adegoruwa is one of the lawyers representing Tompolo, what else do you expect him to say
These guys have stolen billions, and the most sensible thing is to set bail conditions stringent enough compared to the allegations. In fact many of them have confessed to cillecting, spending the Dasuki Gate. The question is was it lawful? And we are waiting for the courts to decide

2 Likes

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by JaaizTech: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2016
LAGOS-BASED LAWYERS REPRESENTING TOMPOLO,

YUSUF OGUNLOLA
Two Lagos-based lawyers representing TOMPOLO, Mr Tayo Oyetibo (SAN) and Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, have said it is not their duty to produce a former Niger Delta militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, who is on the run, before the Federal High Court in Lagos.
There is a pending 40-count of alleged N45.9bn fraud against Tompolo and nine others before Justice Ibrahim Buba, where the suspects are expected to take their plea.

But while his alleged accomplices had been attending court, Tompolo had repeatedly snubbed court summons issued on him, making the judge to issue two separate warrants for his arrest.

The EFCC which charged Tompolo to court, had subsequently declared him wanted through a newspaper advertorial and also obtained a court order to confiscate all his assets pending when he will submit himself to the authority of the court.

THE TOMOPOLO's lawyers - Oyetibo and Adegboruwa had, however, gone before the Court of Appeal, seeking to void the arrest warrant issued against their client.

In a statement jointly signed by them on Wednesday, the two lawyers said it was the duty of the EFCC, and not theirs, to fish out Tompolo and bring him to court.

The statement was issued in reaction to the editorial of a national daily (not The PUNCH), suggesting that the lawyers, who had been taking instructions from Tompolo, apparently knew where he was and ought to be mandated to produce him, since efforts by security agencies to arrest him had not yielded any result.

The editorial had reportedly suggested that the lawyers owed Nigerians the duty to produce Tompolo, who is on the run, failure of which they ought to be disciplined by the court for professional misconduct.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Scholarforever: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2016
blackpanda:
This man is fund of talking trash and spreading lies. His argument are never logical, with no proof or iota of truth. Watch him on channels tv and u will be shocked such a person can call himself a lawyer!
If u read through and was able to comprehend his gist u won't give this kind of opinion. It was this same lawyer who took FRSC to court over new driver's licence and number plate deadline and he won. I am for Buhari too but I think he should pay attention to this lawyer's concern. Most times d truth about whom we are usually come from our critics while our supporters like telling us what we want to hear instead of what we should hear.

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Scholarforever: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2016
SleekAboki:
He's waiting for supplementary list.
What a funny and caustic remark!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by millionaireman: 11:59am On Mar 27, 2016
But Buhari doesn't seem to understand that he is president because of the goodwill of the people.

Buhari seems to still believe that he is in power courtesy of either his Fulani Muslim brothers, or by military coup.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by jude90(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2016
blaqoracle:
charge and bail lawyers.
if that's all u can understand from the write up that means you are a fool beyond redemption.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by ezelos(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
blackpanda:
This man is fund of talking trash and spreading lies. His argument are never logical, with no proof or iota of truth. Watch him on channels tv and u will be shocked such a person can call himself a lawyer!
. Are you that blind to read an iota of truth in it? And to those who liked your post..huh
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by amaechi1: 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
ihatebuhari:
buhari is a failure

He is failure because the loot is not coming in, which you have planned your financial rascality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by jude90(m): 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

The prob$em is not the man. You are the problem! You refused to listen to what he's saying. Rather, you keep hearing what you have been programmed to hear from him.

Our Judiciary is on trial here. Even Abacha did not try to muscle the Judiciary like this. EFCC are never prepared for their cases. I see their prosecutors in Court every day. All they do is keep seeking leave to amend their charges. Before you know, a very fat charge sheet will get so lean till it lacks substance or disappear totally. Their focus is on arraignment and media trial of suspects. Before you prosecute someone, prepare your facts and evidences and head to Court.
you are correct that's my thought.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
#HurricaneBuhari
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by amaechi1: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
plaetton:

Everything he said makes sense to all sensible people, except, of course, zombies.

I don't expect any meaningful comment from you anyway. With this rate you are going I hope you will change your name to zombie. A pot calling a kettle black.

Receive sense!
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by enlightenedmind: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
chriskosherbal:
The judiciary by constitutional demands is an independent body and will remain so.

Independent body that kept quiet to 50 years of PDP corruption People are very happy with what Buhari is doing. It is one sided because PDP has been the ruling party, so obviously most of the corrupt politicians will be PDP. Not all but most.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by enlightenedmind: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
millionaireman:
But Buhari doesn't seem to understand that he is president because of the goodwill of the people.

Buhari seems to still believe that he is in power courtesy of either his Fulani Muslim brothers, or by military coup.

He dosent think that. I am sure of it. He know how and why he is there. He has no doubts about this. He is doing exactly what we voted him to do. He hasn't failed us yet. He has disappointed me because Saraki is still free.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by Boyooosa(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
lekjons:
all i know is i'm not the only person who didn't read the post, you didn't too(yes you!)angry

ok you did, uh? but didn't read it to the end.. or you did monkey reading(i.e reading two lines in every paragraph)gringrin
Relax your mind, no be only you grin I no read am too!
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by goingsolo: 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
blackpanda:

Another Zombie spotted.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by laytoshtwo: 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
l can explain the problem of our youth,they don't read and they comment.Their head is full of Olamide lyrics.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by shellman: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
I will continue to speak out against the tyranny of this dictator who is trying to gag the judiciary and the media.

Buhari is a dictator and should be checked
Buhari is not the headache of the Judiciary:Judiciary is the main problem of the public Judiciary is under the captivity of tyranny of corruption &prejudice &aggrandizement. Why human beings suffer from short memory? Surprised the lawyer praising Jonathan for not interfering with Judiciary Has he forgotten so soon Ayo Salami issue? I think the lawyer needs to be more objective in his analysis &criticism
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by noblegrex: 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
tuniski:

Pele old one and the knower of govt workings. Zombism is a disease I have now officially met one!
congratulations,you're know officially welcome to the world of ZOMBIES where you're the president and CEO of Zombies.
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by brojoshua: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nigeria judiciary is very corruption and rotten. Something must be done about it. Most of the judges are corrupt and are partial in judgment and take bribe and are unjust. It is like the country is the one who is paying those who are destroying her. Like a nation sustaining those who are destroying her through corruption, injustice, partiality and favourism. They are the ones strengthening the hands of the wicked and corrupt people in Nigeria and even help them to escape justice. Something must be done about them if Nigeria desires to move forward. Thank you
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by odikimi: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
blackpanda:
drop your hatred for the man and debate on the issues he raised ogbeni
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by odikimi: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Independent body that kept quiet to 50 years of PDP corruption People are very happy with what Buhari is doing. It is one sided because PDP has been the ruling party, so obviously most of the corrupt politicians will be PDP. Not all but most.
how u guys reason with pdp this, pdp that baffles even the devil.
Please, is pdp a name of any government official? I guess Atiku, Kwankwanso, Obj, Amaechi, Dakuku, Boriface, Tambuwal etcetera were all pdp members?
Re: Judiciary Has Crumbled Under Buhari’s Threats – Adegboruwa by odikimi: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
I don't want to comment because the mods are ready to ban we anti zombies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Hints At Salary Increase For Civil Servants, Uncovers ‘5,000’ Ghost Workers / Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) / Man Treks From Lagos To Lokoja For Yahaya Bello (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.