Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% (37828 Views)

Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Bluffly: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
This country leaders sha. We have countries that tax their citizens about 48% of their income and in return they do not pay for health and education, they have constant light, etc. Our government here collect all sort of tax notwithstanding multiple taxation, we've sold zillions of crude oil we maje a lot from customs dutys, et and yet we see nada in our day to day living. God Almighty look upon Nigeria today and wipe out all our greedy, insensitive, and rogue leaders Nigeria has had since independence. God Almighty by the reason of today's Dawn we say thank you for the dead ones of these bad leaders and I pray that the does remaining should be enveloped with disaster with no remedy, Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Greenback: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
luvmijeje:
Hopefully the National Assembly will not pass this into law.

This is one of my issue with with this government. Before presenting this kind of suffering impacting bill there should be a National discourse. The Minister should be on every major news outlet informing us on the merit of the Bill and why every Nigerians should queue up behind it.
unfortunately they will...saraki's cct trial is not for nothing,its not only for saraki being disobedient..

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
nduchucks:
I personally do not see much wrong with this tax proposal.

The services we need from the government have above average costs per GDP than most other countries with similar population. We can no longer rely on oil revenues which breed laziness and monumental theft by the usual suspects.

We need to be willing to pay the price for the services and infrastructure we desperately need. A fraction of what you people pay for megabytes used to get on the internet, for primarily useless activities and trolling is a small price to pay.

Abi how do you people expect the government to replenish funds used to support programs such as the N500million grant for 1000 young professionals? Awoof don retire o; its a new day.

Now there's an idea - troll tax. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by walexy14(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mr WILLIAM BABATUNDE FOWLER at Work.....
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is well
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
So this is how they generate revenue? By taxing the populace even more. theysaid they will only improve tax collection efficiency and not increaase it. So this is how we intend to generate the Non-oil revenue of over 3trillion naira........yet the same leaders will be preaching entrepreneurship to the youths,when they themselves are so clueless on how to double their income. #God dey

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by kense88: 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
What happened to the tax deducted from my salary every month. Why is this useless man taxing us again. I wish Buhari and his accomplice a slow, painful and violent death. The good things of life, must elude him and his house hold. EKWENSU

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Greenback:

quit da 4kn show,stop pretending,its obvious that you are pained, like everyone else over the insensitivity and wickedness of this govt but are so ashamed to admit it. Just take a look @ ur 1st lines! Are u guys so insane,are u guys under some payroll? Tax makes ppl more attractive to govt's operations bla bla bla and u guys've bn living in darkness for decades! Oh nothing can be done about that cos,according to u, tax doesnt fund such projects! My God! How right was fela SUFFERING n SMILING chant. Fela must have forgotten to add stuppidity.

Are you okay at all?

Pained over what? Pained for booting out a corrupt government that has mortgaged the future of my children's children into the pockets of few people and ushering a person of integrity that inherited the consequences of past maladministration, looting of our national heritage etc.

You certainly do not live in Nigeria and so face the problem of wherever you are living. We do not have light. That started in the 70s and not 2015.

I repeat, with taxation people will be more interested in politics and governance. It becomes hard for any useless politicians to stand in the middle of the road and be doling our sweats without being stoned.

Are we where we should be? No. Are we on the right path? I strongly believe.

Anybody that is still pained that we voted out the corrupt, shameless ad clueless International Buffon can jump into the Atlantic. I will rather have a man of integrity as my President than a stealing is not corruption president.

Get a life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by yaki84: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
thnk god say dem no include letter writing, e for pain me eh. na to drop phone na begin de write letter give people.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Ghost447(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
If this administration continue this way, the top leaders will all die before 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by nwakibie3(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
I now see their reason for MTN sim registration; not to combat crimes but to collect data in which the tax payment will be assessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by FarmTech(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:
It is funny that we pay all the taxes outside the country and protest against them in our country.

Taxes make the citizens more interested in politics and governance. It makes them to hold their governments more accountable, because it is their sweat. People were less concerned in the past because the fund being looted was not from their pockets directly.

Taxation is the path to better governance. I strongly believe.

However, establishing this new set of taxes without the people seeing what you have done with newly introduced ones is insensitive and criminal.

Show us what you have done with Stamp Duty and we can trust you with more. FIRS and Presidency listen to the voice of the people.
I agree very much with u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by adsami1: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:
It is funny that we pay all the taxes outside the country and protest against them in our country.

Taxes make the citizens more interested in politics and governance. It makes them to hold their governments more accountable, because it is their sweat. People were less concerned in the past because the fund being looted was not from their pockets directly.

Taxation is the path to better governance. I strongly believe.

However, establishing this new set of taxes without the people seeing what you have done with newly introduced ones is insensitive and criminal.

Show us what you have done with Stamp Duty and we can trust you with more. FIRS and Presidency listen to the voice of the people.
4gt story eee. Outsideu cn hold govt acctable bt here, how? Even4u 2make call dem wan tax am dat mean 4u 2even open ur moth 2talk nd hold dem acctable dem go 1st tax ur mouth nd ur yarn. 4gt matter.........na one chance we all enter. 4gt am

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
saintgwizard:
Another tax?

We understand that the government is gasping for breath, but must it take away the breath of the masses to survive? Can't they look for ways to deal with the root causes instead of always attacking the symptoms.

This government self

Why are Nigerians so against their civil obligations, you use a service and don't want to pay a tax contribution for it.

They don't want to pay TV bills either.

Come to UK / Ireland and you'll find out that your phone bill at the month end is subject to tax at round 27% and it is clearly differentiated for clarity

TV licence comes to 150 Euro annually for every household which has an electronic device (TV , PC etc) the penalty for non payment is 500 Euro and I've had to pay that fine before.

We pay water tax here at 100 annually for every home.

It's time Nigerians realise if we don't want to depend on oil forever we have to start a system of taxation. How many people pay their property tax in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
omenka:
Is that Joke Silva or Adeosun?? shockedshocked

jux negodu. Is that the only contribution you can make to this topic with your lord taxing poor Nigerians and deepening poverty in Nigeria.

I shake hand for you

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by MyMentor: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
Is there no economist 2 educated dem on doubl/multiple taxation?
U paid income tax and u uses ur portion 2 recharge ur phone; only 2 b taxed again.
OBJ brought dis telecom, GEJ maintained it, U, dn't destroy it.

3 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
kense88:
What happened to the tax deducted from my salary every month. Why is this useless man taxing us again. I wish Buhari and his accomplice a slow, painful and violent death. The good things of life, must elude him and his house hold. EKWENSU

What are you expecting a one for all tax.

Your income tax is separate to the VAT , or corporate tax or your property tax.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by honorbule(m): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
If I should own one of the telecommunications company, i'd fire all my staff and move to another country.

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bluffly:
This country leaders sha. We have countries that tax their citizens about 48% of their income and in return they do not pay for health and education, they have constant light, etc. Our government here collect all sort of tax notwithstanding multiple taxation, we've sold zillions of crude oil we maje a lot from customs dutys, et and yet we see nada in our day to day living. God Almighty look upon Nigeria today and wipe out all our greedy, insensitive, and rogue leaders Nigeria has had since independence. God Almighty by the reason of today's Dawn we say thank you for the dead ones of these bad leaders and I pray that the does remaining should be enveloped with disaster with no remedy, Amen.

How much do you get taxed from your income (percentage %)

Do you know what the VAT rate is ?

Do you meet your property tax obligations, road tax etc

If not you have no excuse, I live in a EU country solely dependent on tax

My car road tax is over 400 annually
I pay income tax at 26%
VAT at 23%
Water tax is 100 annually
TV licence 150 annually
Capital gains tax can be up to 30%

If you are an employer you are looking at even more taxes

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Greenback: 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:

Are you okay at all?

Pained over what? Pained for booting out a corrupt government that has mortgaged the future of my children's children into the pockets of few people and ushering a person of integrity that inherited the consequences of past maladministration, looting of our national heritage etc.

You certainly do not live in Nigeria and so face the problem of wherever you are living. We do not have light. That stated in the 70s and not 2015.

I repeat, with taxation people will be more interested in politics and governance. It becomes hard for any useless politicians to stand in the middle of the road and be doling our sweats without being stones.

Are we where we should be. No. Are we on the right path? I strongly believe.

Anybody that is still pained that we voted out the corrupt, shameless ad clueless International Buffon can jump into the Atlantic. I will rather have a man of integrity as my President than a stealing is not corruption president.

Get a life.

as expected..blame it on gej and u get thru,even when u find ur arsse roastin'n'smokin' on da goddamm pan just say gej and life goes on...why do i feel like laffn now?

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by sweetgala(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
omowolewa:
Hummm!

This is double taxation ab-initio; a clear violation of the spirit of taxation and other international treaties!!

30% on the company's profit;
5% on the Value added on Inputs;
ITF charge on payroll;
NSITF charge on Information Technology;
Extra electricity tariff on industrial consumers;
Environmental charge on using big power generator;
Land Use charge on offices and mast sites;
Waste disposal charge;
Cabling permit royalties;
Mast hoisting charge (outsourced mostly)!!! Plus their License fees

I support any anti-repatriation law, not double taxation. The Nigerian Tax Law is rich already, just fine tune it!!!!

But these is a what is had in all countries world wide. What is most important is that the amount charged is correct
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
adsami1:

4gt story eee. Outsideu cn hold govt acctable bt here, how? Even4u 2make call dem wan tax am dat mean 4u 2even open ur moth 2talk nd hold dem acctable dem go 1st tax ur mouth nd ur yarn. 4gt matter.........na one chance we all enter. 4gt am

You hold govts accountable by

-- voting out the ones that are not accountable

-- you ask govt salient questions before some Bills you think they are detrimental to you state of well being are passed on your behalf.

we are not there yet, but we are on the right path.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by superstar1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Greenback:

as expected..blame it on gej and u get thru,even when u find ur arsse roastin'n'smokin' on da goddamm pan just say gej and life goes on...why do i feel like laffn now?

I will blame the Drunken Master of Otuoke because he contributed in no small measures to the current situation of the country.

Only corrupt people and wailers see the International Buffon as their Hero and Jesus Xt.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by 1miccza: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Useless man sending the country back 20 years. GEJ was right all along but we didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by 1miccza: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Greenback:

Hmmmm GEJ,the sacrificial lamb

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nigeria has one of the highest corporate income taxes already. We have double taxation systems. The federal government is not even manadated by law to tax individuals but this useless law will change that.

For those of you comparing UK and US with Nigeria have very very low IQ. They basically pamper their citizens all their lives, from birth to death. You cannot compare that to what we are suffering here.

Why should I be asked to do my civic duties when they are not doing theirs?

They budget billions for theirselves to cover for now and after they leave office after doing nothing but wreck the common man with ridiculous policies and yet some are spewing rubbish that we do our civic duties

At least the previous governments stole our money without bordering Nigerians with levies. Let Bubu and his band of thieves think of better ways to make money for their loot without resorting to legalised robbery

This is typical agbero tax politics. They tax peoples lives in Lagos and do nothing with the money. Now they are taking it to the national level.

If this policy is passed, Nigerians will start spending less on calls, investment in telecoms will reduce and and they might end up crippling the only legacy industry that PDP bequeathed to APC

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by BABANGBALI: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Na photoshop jo
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by PassingShot(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
gurunlocker:
passingshot what's your take on this?
I'm indifferent. Where I currently reside, I pay for every gaddem thing.

I see there is issue of trust already. But if I were to advise the govt, I will say now is not the best time to introduce this type of tax. It should be when the govt has earned people's trust through developmental projects.
Re: Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% by 1miccza: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
sweetgala:

How much do you get taxed from your income (percentage %)

Do you know what the VAT rate is ?

Do you meet your property tax obligations, road tax etc

If not you have no excuse, I live in a EU country solely dependent on tax

My car road tax is over 400 annually
I pay income tax at 26%
VAT at 23%
Water tax is 100 annually
TV licence 150 annually
Capital gains tax can be up to 30%

If you are an employer you are looking at even more taxes

And some mugus would be praising the corrupt kunu drinker claiming to fight curroption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Looking Good At Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Mahmud Mohammed Will Swear In Buhari Tomorrow / Governor Obaseki Wins Certificate Forgery Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.