Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20650 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by EmperorMGI: 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
They would have simply lost the Ministry of Apostle Paul.... BTW,pls can i create a thread on NL? ....Abeg make una answer me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nnamdiosu(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
dafil22:
I think d enemies being prayed against by most churches is d force or power of evil not a particular human,cos d common enemy of man is the devil. Dts my tot anyway

bro. ...flesh and blood did not reveal that to you. God bless you .
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by danites3: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

This shows how Christianity has evolved to a money making scheme all in the name of the bible. Its sad how some pastors fine tune the brains of their brethren to create the impressions that there is someone troubling you from the village just to milk them dry. When Jesus Christ came into the world more than 2,000 years ago- He never asked anyone to sell his/her land or car nor any personal belongings in other to be saved!

Pastors these days are heartless, insensitive, myopic and dysfunctional to the truth about what the bible says about how to attain Christendom and righteousness! We can only watch and pray and hopefully the evil ones would be exposed in due time!!
What you are saying is completely different from the OP is saying.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Jfast: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
I know
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by olulodun: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
Great reasoning but is not the persecutors or physical enemy the some of the church is praying against but the principality and powers
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Drdonzeez(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
go and ask Dr. D. K. Olukoya , He is the only one that can answer your question
just shut your stinking mouth.who are you to question/judge anybody?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by HRich(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nairaman66(m): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
danites3:
What you are saying is completely different from the OP is saying.

Yes.., you are right! I am just angered about what has become of the Church.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Plenty Bible thread everywhere me likie
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

This shows how Christianity has evolved to a money making scheme all in the name of the bible. Its sad how some pastors fine tune the brains of their brethren to create the impressions that there is someone troubling you from the village just to milk them dry. When Jesus Christ came into the world more than 2,000 years ago- He never asked anyone to sell his/her land or car nor any personal belongings in other to be saved!

Pastors these days are heartless, insensitive, myopic and dysfunctional to the truth about what the bible says about how to attain Christendom and righteousness! We can only watch and pray and hopefully the evil ones would be exposed in due time!!

I am sorry for diverging.., just sad about what the Church have become in recent times!

Dont despair. Christianity is very different in other countries. No prophets ( or profits) etc etc.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by shininglights: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
God loves you all, I commend d solid hearts
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by AyodeleGordon7(m): 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
God will not Ave answer and d reason is bcus d Lord God is merciful and won't take any1 life jst like dat, wen He knows he has a great purpose and reason for creating him....... D Name a fellow bear answer to him/her dat iz y God has to change is name to Paul so as to fulfill d purpose of creating him
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Don't mind all these prayers borne out of unsanctified hearts. The Truth is that even the answers don't come. The so called enemies may not have given a thought about your existence, just a mere figment of ones imaginations.

Such prayers are carnal and often a product of wickedness of the heart. If one can see hell by revelation you dare not wish death for Ur so called enemy but a divine touch of God.

Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
100000000 Likes!!

May God Bless You Sir.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Saul aka Paul hijacked the religion of Christ and altered it to suit his own character.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by mikaael(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunofgod:
Lai Lai - u don come again!

u mean lai mohammed?..
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by agrovick(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is real funny
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
Op, it doesn't work that way.

Nothing would have happened though because Saul had been separated unto God from his mother's womb...

The prayer of vengeance is however not supposed to be how some do it today - that does not mean it is wrong.

If I prayed a prayer of vengeance, it is still up to God to answer it. If its a sin, then God will not grant it. Period!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by okedoyinolabisi(f): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
dafil22:
I think d enemies being prayed against by most churches is d force or power of evil not a particular human,cos d common enemy of man is the devil. Dts my tot anyway
u sed it all. I've attended few services at Mfm, they pray against Powers, principalities and forces, not directly against any human. besides even the Bible said....a witch shall not be alive and if hands joined together,the wicked shall not go unpunished. meanwhile this said church do pray for the peace of the country and their vicinity during each service. Each to his own according to the leading of HIS spirit!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by mikaael(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
searay:
I command all my enemies to die by fire in Jesus name. Amen! Amen! Amen! fire!

Shout fire seven times...
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
FaiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

u might even be ur own enemy...
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by crowther15(m): 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

I am sorry for diverging.., just sad about what the Church have become in recent times!
Hey man
is like u r against those pastor who collect massive things from their Brethren?
did u knw remember dt pple also sold their land and other properties in d bible in order to sow for God

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Seyitosino(m): 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Even if anyone/ everyone of the early church had so prayed, God wouldnt have answered & truth be told it can't be said conclusively d@ nobody so prayed. Any prayer request from a xtian that is @ variance wt HIS will He doesnt answer. Whether early or middle age or last days church.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by salvation77177: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Please, do not criticise what you don't know. Enemy should die does not mean human enemy should die. They are evil spirits behind problems and to pray that any power backing your problems should die is not a bad prayer.
Also, they are some enemies that have vowed that nothing good comes out of you as long as they are alive. So, How Do You Pray For Such Power?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Vanpascore(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
Christianity would av bn more meaningful
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by saintdennis(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Simple Q: who told u they didn't pray for saul's death?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by systemz(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Are u a jw?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Soxxy: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
I think the problem is your literal translation. Death has several meanings.
Just as some stated, we pray against powers behind a problem. Oftentimes we want the powers to cease operational capabilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by martineinstein(m): 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
This die-die of a prayer is becoming appalling. Most pastors use this in deceiving Nigerians since that's the kind of prayer Nigerians want..a church that doesn't. Pray 'die-die" is usually seen as a weak church by some Nigerians.

This is one of the implications of such prayer:

Friday vigil: Your pastor prophesy to u that a black woman is against your progress. Your intuition starts telling u it's your mother.

Sunday service: Pray for your enemy to die

Monday morning: The black woman is not yet dead after the marathon prayer.

Wednesday evening: You pick your cutlasses and kill your mother; since she's the only black woman in your family

Friday newspaper headline:" A 30 yr old man murders his mother in cold blood"

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nukky77(f): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Op, how about d spiritual enemies that attacks our life with sickness, death, poverty and so on, should we also pray for them to repent? I could remember vividly when I was attack with unknown sickness, been to different hospital still no result, not until I conduct a serious Die By Fire Prayer hence I recovered immediately, also thy word of God says "suffer not the witch to live"

2 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Bollinger(m): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Adewummy007:
God is not an assassin. Such prayers will never be answer

You might want to revise that comment. There are many instances where God has asked his followers to kill and wipe out whole generations in his name. Asking Saul to destroy the amelekites is one example.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by martineinstein(m): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
The question is: Are we going to be happy if we want up in the morning to see the corpses of our enemies lying everywhere?. Would you continue such prayer if we realize that our enemies are actually our siblings, friend, parents, children or spouses.?

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Varagous(f): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

Do pastors actually ask people to give their possessions to be saved? Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video) / 28-Year-Old Pastor Missing In Onitsha (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.