Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,617 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20648 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by KDK(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2016
cbrass:

Hmm so you are saying that demons die abi? undecided
Powers does not necessarily mean demons. I don't want to go into spirituality hierarchy but you could do a little research on what bible refers to as dominion, powers,rulers of darkness, etc.
when u say "a battery is dead" does dat mean the battery is physically dead? If you still don't understand it, please visit the nearest mfm branch for clarification.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2016
Montaque:

And how r u sure it's God that answered that kind of prayer. Satan also answers prayer, hope u know?
I don't know sir.Could you show me in the bible?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by cbrass(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2016
KDK:

Powers does not necessarily mean demons. I don't want to go into spirituality hierarchy but you could do a little research on what bible refers to as dominion, powers,rulers of darkness, etc.
when u say "a battery is dead" does dat mean the battery is physically dead? If you still don't understand it, please visit the nearest mfm branch for clarification.

And those powers and principalities are what?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by CapitalProject: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2016
Like praying for, Boko, IS, Alqaida to succeed bah?
U are correct

Should Nigerian Army too stop fighting Boko Haram?
Should Mopol stop killing Arm Robbers?
Kidnappers and Rapist too should carry out their activities bah?
Good!

You deserve appointment fa
National Security Adviser......

God have mercy on ignorance.....

Those soldiers in front of churches what are they doing with raffles?

IS
Alkahida
Hamas
Need Amnesty............
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Montaque(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2016
derecho:
I don't know sir.Could you show me in the bible?
I don't need to quote passages to convince u. All that's happening nowadays should tell u that we may not Al be praying to one God.
Revelation 13 vs 11 tells us about the beast that has great powers capable of great deception. False prophets were prophesied to be in array at the end time. Angel of darkness manifested as the angel of light
All I can say is that when people are more Co corned about miracles and breakthrough than they do for their soul and the peaceable Co existence with fellow human being, it's not from God. No wonder there are many churches n ministries in everyplace but high rate of moral depravity because people r concerned about miracles n who they will take out of the way to succeed.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Ken4Christ: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2016
I am very happy for this thread. I had thought that the majority of the Christian community actually support kill your enemies forms of prayers. I have actually written a 140 pages ebook titled, ' A critical analysis of Dangerous) Prayer Languages' where I gave overwhelming Scripture references condemning such forms of prayers. Just go to my page http://www.facebook.com/globalwordimpactonlinestore to see the book and know how to place order for your copy.

I will just say a few things here. Most believers often justify these forms of prayers by the instruction in Exodus 22:18 which reads, 'Thou shall not suffer a witch to live'. This instruction is invalid for the church because Jesus dead on the cross ended the Law of Moses. We live under grace. God's desire is to see all men saved. Besides, the Bible says vengeance is the exclusive right of God - Romans 12:17 - 21.

How then do we deal with this evil and wicked people? You deal with the spirits working through them. You can resist the spirit, you can bind the spirit, you can also rebuke them. In addition you can cast them out.

There are those who defend themselves by saying the fall and die prayer is directed to evil spirits. This defense is even more absurd. Spirits don't die. Otherwise, they would have all been dead. Besides, their time has not come. God has reserved a day that the devil and his cohorts will be judged.

If you are truly a believer, no devil can destroy you. You can succeed even in their very presence. Even the psalmist said that the Lord prepares a table before him in the presence of the enemies.

Holy Ghost fire prayer also is not scriptural. Check my Facebook page for details. http://www.facebook.com /globalwordimpactonlinestore
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Ken4Christ: 10:58am On Mar 28, 2016
I am very happy for this thread. I had thought that the majority of the Christian community actually support kill your enemies forms of prayers. I have actually written a 140 pages ebook titled, ' A critical analysis of Dangerous) Prayer Languages' where I gave overwhelming Scripture references condemning such forms of prayers. Just go to my page global word impact publications to see the book and know how to place order for your copy.

I will just say a few things here. Most believers often justify these forms of prayers by the instruction in Exodus 22:18 which reads, 'Thou shall not suffer a witch to live'. This instruction is invalid for the church because Jesus dead on the cross ended the Law of Moses. We live under grace. God's desire is to see all men saved. Besides, the Bible says vengeance is the exclusive right of God - Romans 12:17 - 21.

How then do we deal with this evil and wicked people? You deal with the spirits working through them. You can resist the spirit, you can bind the spirit, you can also rebuke them. In addition you can cast them out.

There are those who defend themselves by saying the fall and die prayer is directed to evil spirits. This defense is even more absurd. Spirits don't die. Otherwise, they would have all been dead. Besides, their time has not come. God has reserved a day that the devil and his cohorts will be judged.

If you are truly a believer, no devil can destroy you. You can succeed even in their very presence. Even the psalmist said that the Lord prepares a table before him in the presence of the enemies.

Holy Ghost fire prayer also is not scriptural. Check my Facebook page for details. Global word impact publications.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bros,it is wiser to comment on things you know about and ask about what isn't clear.
Montaque:

I don't need to quote passages to convince u. All that's happening nowadays should tell u that we may not Al be praying to one God.
Revelation 13 vs 11 tells us about the beast that has great powers capable of great deception. False prophets were prophesied to be in array at the end time. Angel of darkness manifested as the angel of light
All I can say is that when people are more Co corned about miracles and breakthrough than they do for their soul and the peaceable Co existence with fellow human being, it's not from God. No wonder there are many churches n ministries in everyplace but high rate of moral depravity because people r concerned about miracles n who they will take out of the way to succeed.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Montaque(m): 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
derecho:
Bros,it is wiser to comment on things you know about and ask about what isn't clear.
You can best counter my position by pointing the flaws in my post. Hope u will do that.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Ladyo142: 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
the bible advises us to pray for our enemies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video) / 28-Year-Old Pastor Missing In Onitsha (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.