Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone (22827 Views)

5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. / "Anytime You Buy Fairly Used Phone, You Could Be Buying Your Way To Prison".PICS / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by hustla(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2016
Badbreathcure81:
Focus on life and stop wasting away your future on smartphones!!

Don't be a mumu

If I didn't have a smartphone, how would I be able to see your advert about mouth odour and maybe refer some1 to u thus putting some money in ur pocket?

It's 2016, not 1999 bros

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by lordcornel(m): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2016
The RAM of my fone is 100gb.. Lol
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by weselomo(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2016
s33n
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2016
My precious mb is gone but who go buy gotv in place of iPhone?
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by CONFU: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
You nailed it! I want to add this, after doing all this, walk to any phone selling shop to get your device not an umbrella gathering sellers in alaba or ikeja. Same market where that person purchased the cloned Nokia phone, another will come get a device with guarantee

Lol.. You are right.. Lol

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by herald9: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2016
After budgeting 35k for Camon C8, I went to SLOT only to realize that the price has skyrocketed to 48k... I just shove in my cash and start spending slowly.

The economy is bad mehn.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Mblem(m): 10:19am On Mar 29, 2016
Ops thanks for this . . .Am confuse on the type of phone to buy. Please can u recommend me to any good product with good battery, good camera pixel and at least 2gig Ram size with an amount ranging btw 25-30 naira
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Badbreathcure81(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2016
hustla:

Don't be a mumu

If I didn't have a smartphone, how would I be able to see your advert about mouth odour and maybe refer some1 to u thus putting some money in ur pocket?

It's 2016, not 1999 bros
don't turn it around on me,I bought my phone 2014 and I'm still using the same phone.now,some are just eager to get an upgrade just for the fun of it.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Badbreathcure81(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2016
hustla:

Don't be a mumu

It's 2016, not 1999 bros
don't turn it around on me,I bought my phone 2014 and I'm still using the same phone.now,some are just eager to get an upgrade just for the fun of it.no wonder the Chinese called us pawns!

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TaiKuun(m): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2016
And somewhere, some people are buying one wiko crap for 30k.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by 9jatatafo(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2016
In Lar Mohammed's voice I have a phone that can make $1=N1 and make fuel available at N86.50k

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by todayguest(m): 10:43am On Mar 29, 2016
I'm filled with gratitude for the information provided. I've been having the mind of buying a new phone and I honestly see these clues very helpful. No time for regrets. Thank you.

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by SonicGlows(m): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2016
teejaypee:
. . Lol what about phones with 512mb ram
Those are the worst,nothing works on them.I had a Gionee P2,the worst of phones,you can't browse,make a phone call not to talk of playing games.The problem is that you can't update the phone to the latest version of google operating system,too much lags.

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by guyXander(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2016
emrain:
1. make money : make a lot of money, don't mind broke or myopic men telling you tecno j8 can do everything A Samsung s6 can, when you use quality you'll know.

2. sell your current device : don't be wasteful, convert every item into an asset. Try OLX

3. don't be carried away by battery life gionee m5 is good but it's heavier than a laptop, trust me its weight will bust your Pant pocket. Can't say the same about iphones and Samsung devices. So do the needful.

4. design matters: it speaks a lot about you. Infinix devices totally sücks when it comes to design. Your world, your choices tho' look out for premium designs that fits your lifestyle.

5. Data: some people will buy a phone above #50k and still be looking for free browsing tweaks, seriously? Bruh save for data if you must use an android phone.

Ok that's all... cheesy
Dude, I'm sure you've never used browsing tweaks before. The freedom to use as much as you want cannot be bought by money.
You buy 500 gig of data?
That's what I've accumulated from January to date.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by genuinechimere(m): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2016
my sister was given a new Tecno M5 last year. unknown to the person that bought the phone, the phone is fake. The phone's charger doesn't charge it. it selects charger. my other sister that uses similar phone couldn't configure it to make the apps work and surf the net. she has gotten another phone anyway. I'm thinking of what to do with the phone. is there anything that can be done to the phone to fix it?
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by guyXander(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2016
hustla:

Don't be a mumu

It's 2016, not 1999 bros
Chai, bros you finish am.lol
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by brashear: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2016
emrain:
1. make money : make a lot of money, don't mind broke or myopic men telling you tecno j8 can do everything A Samsung s6 can, when you use quality you'll know.

2. sell your current device : don't be wasteful, convert every item into an asset. Try OLX

3. don't be carried away by battery life gionee m5 is good but it's heavier than a laptop, trust me its weight will bust your Pant pocket. Can't say the same about iphones and Samsung devices. So do the needful.

4. design matters: it speaks a lot about you. Infinix devices totally sücks when it comes to design. Your world, your choices tho' look out for premium designs that fits your lifestyle.

5. Data: some people will buy a phone above #50k and still be looking for free browsing tweaks, seriously? Bruh save for data if you must use an android phone.

Ok that's all... cheesy
the importance of number one can't be overemphasized.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Visit gsmarena online, you would get meaningful reviews.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TechsNG: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
prestige2013:

BROWN
what if I prefer a brand new phone over a Brown new phone?

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TechsNG: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mblem:
Ops thanks for this . . .Am confuse on the type of phone to buy. Please can u recommend me to any good product with good battery, good camera pixel and at least 2gig Ram size with an amount ranging btw 25-30 naira

Considering the current exchange rate in Nigeria, i am not so sure of your price range as per the specs you stated. However, based on phones i have used so far, the infinix zero 2 does well in regards camera pixels, 2gb ram, sold for an amount that is affordable (as at the last time i checked). The only turn off with the device is the battery.

If you've got a better budget, there are lots of varieties. You could opt in for the well known brands. HTC, Samsung, LG has got devices with 2GB RAM, good camera pixels and good battery. You just have to make a list of phones that fit into your budget first.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
Most of all, go on youtube and check out how to identify "clones" of a phone.....I'v handled a samsung s5 clone bought for just 20k...it can do almost everything the original s5 can do. But the sell out was that the resolution is dull, missing features, different layout and other inconspicuous things that are hard to identify with the Untrained eye. Even you OP can fall for a cloned phone. Boiz are getting more dubious by the day, so you too should get smarter!!! Always Google out difference between the original and clone of your desired phone.
Many people own clones but think they are original fones.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by crackjoor: 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
SonicGlows:
A nice and well written write-up.The RAM of a phone matters a lot,never settle for a 1GB of RAM on a phone.

So what about fones like iphone 6 dat has just 1gb ram and its still sells for over a 100k.. And folks are still buying it.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by SonicGlows(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
crackjoor:

So what about fones like iphone 6 dat has just 1gb ram and its still sells for over a 100k.. And folks are still buying it.
Okay,my bad...i should have been specific,i was referring to an Android phone not a Windows phone or an iPhone,the operating systems are different.A 1gb of RAM can effectively work on an iPhone or a Windows phone,but be rest assured,as you download more apps & games over time you will definitely notice some lags.I for one am currently using a Windows phone with 1gb of RAM and am noticing some lags already.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by dayojags10(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Buy from authorised/reliable dealer. Have been buying my phones since 2010 from slot outlets and I must say have never for once regret buying phones there.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by DharmyYinks: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Pls TechsNG... Wich do u think makes more sense in terms of performance(battery,RAM, multitasking etc) btw Techno Camon C8 and Infinix Note 2(Infinix Big 6)

Thanks!
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Dayoara: 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
If you are buying new smartphone check out to buy with a phone that has this specification.
1.A solar self charging phone..due to no stable power supply.2. A phone that can tell you which nearest filling station has fuel with #50 per litre.
3. A phone that tell when your girlfriend is cheating on you.

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Apina(m): 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
SonicGlows:
A nice and well written write-up.The RAM of a phone matters a lot,never settle for a 1GB of RAM on a phone.
That's a faulty conclusion bro. A phone with 512mb ram on windows platform rarely lags. The worse that can happen is dat it reboots itself automatically. #TeamWindows

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by crackjoor: 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
SonicGlows:
Okay,my bad...i should have been specific,i was referring to an Android phone not a Windows phone or an iPhone,the operating systems are different.A 1gb of RAM can effectively work on an iPhone or a Windows phone,but be rest assured,as you download more apps & games over time you will definitely notice some lags.I for one am currently using a Windows phone with 1gb of RAM and am noticing some lags already.

Now u talking..
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
tanks bro......nice advice
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TechsNG: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Pls TechsNG... Wich do u think makes more sense in terms of performance(battery,RAM, multitasking etc) btw Techno Camon C8 and Infinix Note 2(Infinix Big 6)

Thanks!

I have used both phones and based on my honest opinion, the Infinix Note 2 is better. The only issue i have with the device is the size (6.0inch). The Camon C8 has a better design as well but in terms of performance, the note 2 rocks better.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TechsNG: 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Most of all, go on youtube and check out how to identify "clones" of a phone.....I'v handled a samsung s5 clone bought for just 20k...it can do almost everything the original s5 can do. But the sell out was that the resolution is dull, missing features, different layout and other inconspicuous things that are hard to identify with the Untrained eye. Even you OP can fall for a cloned phone. Boiz are getting more dubious by the day, so you too should get smarter!!! Always Google out difference between the original and clone of your desired phone.
Many people own clones but think they are original fones.

I've been down that road before and am not sure it can happen again. You may wanna read this: http://www.techsng.com/2014/10/samsung-galaxy-s4-china-clone-version.html

Ending Mtn's Impunity / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) / A Critical Analysis Of The 9mobile New Tariff Plans

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61