Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,995 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People (4372 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze And Other Atheist Are Wasting Their Time / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
You are a pathetic excuse for a human when God is the only reason for your morality

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
jayriginal:

We are saying the same thing. For any insurmountable problem, just define the solution into existence.

The evidence from Nature 1) consciousness 2) design in life 3) order in the universe form the basis on which God is inferred as a solution to the question. We didn't just wish God out of thin air.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nicely said in summary we can have problem with religion and not with GOD because the only true religion is LOVE if we all loved each other there would have been no need to ever doubt the existence of God.

johnydon22:

I am always scared of people who do not find any need for a moral and ethical behaviour towards other humans unless they are being threatened by some freaky monster with a burning torture chamber to be moral.

Always be scared and suspicious of such person because such person have no moral compass, idea or position of his/her own but needs to be controlled by something else, cannot think for himself.

Morality is the product of a society, so everybody in a society has an obligation towards one another for the well being of the society and continuation.

I shudder in fear when i see people talk like that, cus he has shown without the idea of a torture hungry god, he would be maiming and causing havoc on the society.

I murder, steal, rape as much as i want and the much is 0

Somehow he is right we have no morality and that morality i am referring to is one roped in the ideas of his religious doctrines.

I have sex with any consenting adult i want and fuc_k what his religion thinks.

I do not go to church and that is an immoral act according to his religion.

Maybe those are the morals atheists don't have.

What i find moral is actions towards others and that is all..

If people cannot find reasons to be good to others unless threatened to do so then humanity is a sorry lot indeed.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Too harsh bro calm down
Oluwaseytiano:
You are a pathetic excuse for a human when God is the only reason for your morality
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Nicely said in summary we can have problem with religion and not with GOD because the only true religion is LOVE if we all loved each other there would have been no need to ever doubt the existence of God.

The word "God" have many meanings and uses and can be used to represent many values.

So depends on your uses of the word, if it is in the realm of conceptual we can say there is such idea.

If "God" is a living conscious humanoid then i believe substantiation is needed for such claim.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

The evidence from Nature 1) consciousness 2) design in life 3) order in the universe form the basis on which God is inferred as a solution to the question. We didn't just wish God out of thin air.

Oh you did wish God out from thin air because you are only using "God" as a placeholder for your ignorance of the things you listed above.

That you don't know something is a call for study not wishful assumption.. That there is a tree is not an excuse for me to infer tree fairies must exist that is a ludicrous assumption.

That i don't know how a tree came to be doesn't prove tree fairies ... So your ignorance is never evidence of your assumptions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
What Uyi Iredia means is that even as man when we create things we leave traces of physical composition in them take for instance a computer has a heart = cpu, nerves = wires, eyes = camera/screen.... so Even as we were created by God it was the same self he used in making us.
You can call this an hypothesis but it has already been proven bro

johnydon22:

Oh you did wish God out from thin air because you are only using "God" as a placeholder for your ignorance of the things you listed above.

That you don't know something is a call for study not wishful assumption.. That there is a tree is not an excuse for me to infer tree fairies must exist that is a ludicrous assumption.

That i don't know how a tree came to be doesn't prove tree fairies ... So your ignorance is never evidence of your assumptions.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kaykaymil:
What Uyi Iredia means is that even as man when we create things we leave traces of physical composition in them take for instance a computer has a heart = cpu, nerves = wires, eyes = camera/screen.... so Even as we were created by God it was the same self he used in making us.
You can call this an hypothesis but it has already been proven bro

This is ridiculous ... it is a hypothesis that is found mostly in theological classes.

If you argue because man has these qualities therefore must require a kind of designer to assemble them and this designer inspired these qualities in man therefore this designer must also have these qualities.

So how can man be designed and that designer that is also similar to man in features do not need to be designed?.

If you argue complexity connotes design then for something to be powerful enough to design man that thing must be more or at least as complex as man.

so if complexity connotes design then that complex designer also must require another designer who in turn must require another designer and so it keeps going.

but if you exempt this complex designer from being designed that means complexity doesn't require design and that kills all your argument..

That special pleading does not work... When something is proven it leaves the realm of faith and belief..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
johnydon22:

Not from ignorance but from what we know about those things we can be sure that Nature could not have possibly been self-existent and couldn't possibly evolve living things unaided. So God is the guiding hand that not only made nature but life and conscious humans in it. You can keep living in yoir atheist fairyland. That's your business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

Not from ignorance but from what we know about those things we can be sure that Nature could not have possibly been self-existent and couldn't possibly evolve living things unaided. So God is the guiding hand that not only made nature but life and conscious humans in it. You can keep living in yoir atheist fairyland. That's your business.

Hahahahahahaha marvelous ... This is why we only get these in religious classes....

I am yet to see you provide your works on how natural values cannot interact to bring forth results must require an external hand. . since you know i am sure proving it aint hard so why not bring it out and earn a nobel prize for it.

we all know nobody has earned a nobel prize with that yet so here is your chance.

Its no longer "God created nature fully complex and functional" but now rather "the guiding hand of natural evolution"

Ignorant assumptions is never a placeholder for scientific ignorance, or it will be an ever receding and irrelevant factor.

10,000 Gods may exist but if you will only hide their relevance behind the curtains of scientific ignorance then your god will always be an unneeded hypothesis in the face of scientific discoveries.

grin

Hahahahaha you lot believe in a land of golden street and diamond water and a sunless realm and golden robes and golden sashes with horse riding Gods..

don't worry though, atheists are the ones that live in a fairytale grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

Someone blabbing about a conscious eternal creator being a placeholder for ignorance but is obdurate about his belief that life as ambiguous as it is appeared from nothing is certainly not worth paying attention to . We all know this sir

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Someone blabbing about a conscious eternal creator being a placeholder for ignorance but is obdurate about his belief that life as ambiguous as it is appeared from nothing is certainly not worth paying attention to . We all know this sir

True. That's why I stopped answering him. I let him rot in his ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Weah96: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
jayriginal:

Flowing from the above, anything can be defined into existence and be exempted from explanation.

Don't mind them.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by ValentineMary(m): 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kaykaymil:
I guess your parents forgot to tell You to listen In Christian Religious Study classes because If You can believe in Big Bang theory and doubt the existence of God I have to rest my case.
And later they would ask people that have sense should raise their hand and u would follow.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2016
If its someone like You asking, am most definately putting my hands down like for real I dont want to be lead by a blind lady.
ValentineMary:

And later they would ask people that have sense should raise their hand and u would follow.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by ValentineMary(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kaykaymil:
If its someone like You asking, am most definately putting my hands down like for real I dont want to be lead by a blind lady.
And my man with good eye sight can't differentiate between fiction and reality. Oya clap for urself.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by cloudgoddess(f): 3:13am On Apr 06, 2016
UyiIredia:

True. That's why I stopped answering him. I let him rot in his ignorance.
So the definition of ignorance has now changed to "refusal to accept unproven invisible beings"?

Because to me, the word would more accurately describe people who tend to believe in highly questionable supernatural ideas based on circular arguments and logical fallacies, and then insist others are in the wrong for not buying it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2016
I read Your nice logical post about religion, I have got to hand it to You made sense Logically and I dont blame You. I dont have problem questioning religion, but God is like that part of the equation where a physicist would say this is a constant K.

ValentineMary:

And my man with good eye sight can't differentiate between fiction and reality. Oya clap for urself.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So the definition of ignorance has now changed to "refusal to accept unproven invisible beings"?

Because to me, the word would more accurately describe people who tend to believe in highly questionable supernatural ideas based on circular arguments and logical fallacies, and then insist others are in the wrong for not buying it.

The debate was about evolution and he was ignorant of my points against your precious theory. God wasn't involved.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
UyiIredia:

The debate was about evolution and he was ignorant of my points against your precious theory. God wasn't involved.

The debate was about evolution? ..where do you keep your brain before coming here.

Me debate you? ..lol.. I have suffered.

No it was just a small lesson on the fallacious application of "God of the gap" argument, "Appeal to ignorance"

any gap should be filled with any assumption, hence once you have a question about "nature" assume up a God for it.

You never really even mustered a point banter words like "ignorance, god, fairyland"

You lot need an upgrade, perhaps physical discussion can ensure that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by virginboy1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
To me, Atheists who think "belief" is the only problem of this world and Theists who think "belief" is part of the major solution to the problems of this world are no difference. It is either they are both blind or not being realistic.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by KB524(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
The person that rapes,steals,flogs and at worse murders and claim to be human is never a human but something worst than beast,and should be treated as such.being atheist doesn't mean person is an animal,but those who are claiming all sort of crime because they do not believe God exist are worse than beast.i know some people who don't believe God exist but does things that are humanly,i heard some one says i don't believe in God but i believe in KARMA.when asked what KARMA means she says doing good things.even u don't believe in HIM U can not refuse meeting him as u are mortal must Die there and then u will regret that will help you not,BE WISE OOOOOOO
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
But in this life either you stand for something or You stand for nothing.

virginboy1:
To me, Atheists who think "belief" is the only problem of this world and Theists who think "belief" is part of the major solution to the problems of this world are no difference. It is either they are both blind or not being realistic.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
virginboy1:
Kaykaymil:
But in this life either you stand for something or You stand for nothing.

No virginboy is correct...

Belief is not the Only problem of the world neither is it a solution to world problems.

Belief is harmless in essence but once it becomes an enemy of truth, it should be discarded because it then is a problem to the world.

We should try to know things rather than believe things.

Belief is a mark of uncertainty but an exercise of agreement none the less, it is dishonest but once held personally as an opinion is fine.

But once it seeks to be held higher than empirical deductions and study, it becomes a nonsensical and deplorable concept.

And discarding such is not an act of rebellion but out of respect to human intellect..

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by KiKatanga: 12:12am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But still God appeared from nothing.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Richirich713:
Yes flog, rape them Nd burn them, hell what's wrong about that?

I mean we atheists have no moral foundation, so there's nothing truly wrong about rape, murder, stealing, etc. Stalin wasn't truly wrong, it's survival of the fittest.
Ha!!!!! grin. I guess it's atheist that plunder Nigeria's economy, sucking it dry....
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
UyiIredia:

1) Consciousness is being slowly defined....

2) *sighs* Has been explained.

3) Order? Which order We still have violent supernovae and stars collapsing.
We still have planets being formed from chaos and meteorites plunging into planets.

Pray tell, I need to ask, what is your defintion of God?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 6:52am On Apr 08, 2016
SirWere:
Ha!!!!! grin. I guess it's atheist that plunder Nigeria's economy, sucking it dry....

Lol How does this relate to what I wrote ?
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 08, 2016
Richirich713:

Lol How does this relate to what I wrote ?
I mean, we have no moral compass, no inclination to do good abi? gringringrin.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by orunto27: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2016
Keep on Praying for them.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
SirWere:

1) Consciousness is being slowly defined....

2) *sighs* Has been explained.

3) Order? Which order We still have violent supernovae and stars collapsing.
We still have planets being formed from chaos and meteorites plunging into planets.

Pray tell, I need to ask, what is your defintion of God?

1) That doesn't make it less mysterious, does it ?

2) It's a useless explanation TBH

3) They do so according to natural laws.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
SirWere:
I mean, we have no moral compass, no inclination to do good abi? gringringrin.

grin you do have a inclination to do good. Just like Stalin and Mao had their inclination on what they called "good".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Black / Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. / Choir Robe Vs Diffrent Colour Of Clothes For Church Choir.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.