Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating (32308 Views)

Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by ilyas26(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Sia Sia fumbled, no more nigeria coaches for eagles
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Blitz888(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Phewww

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by x6blade(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nawa
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
I thought we wanted to surmount an Herculean task but when I saw the squad list, I knew that we wouldn't get the result but I kept my cool.

Amuzie, Etebo, Musa, Aminu had no business starting the match..

Mikel, Akpeyi, Moses and Iwobi proved their mettle..

The Next generation of Super Eagles stars will emerge from the Olympics until then farewell.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by free2ryhme: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
We don lose enough of the kalo kalo
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by DEngineer(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Did anyone notice a change in the attacking strength of the super eagles when that arsenal guy (chuka iwobi) was introduced......selection killed this game......musa has no business there......simon moses and moses would have been a better way to start......we needed an unpredictable wingers.......plus Mikel always slow things down chai.......abeg he is never in a hurry.....even at 10 minutes to go and a goal down.

I felt pained for the humble new guys that left a chance to play for other countries and chosed nigeria yet no future for the super eagles.

Just thinking out loud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by teehay45(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Moses deserves more than d 5/10, at least he should av gotten a 6...he tormented the Egyptian defense all game and he was the only shinning light in dat attack. Musa was woeful, ighalo disappointing all game and Umar brought nothing to the party
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
Ladies ad gentlemen, it's official, there is fire on the mountain: Super Eagles failed to qualify for Nations Cup three times in 4 consecutive editions.

This is the same Nations Cup in which qualification was never our issue, the same Nations Cup that semi final (minimum) was our birthright.

Here we go again. Eagles faltered on big occasion.

Anyway, I still struggled to rate the players.

1. AKPEYI: Did well, especially in aerial balls, stopping a couple of goal-bound shots, but he could have done better in that goal, although he expected the defenders to be able to intercept that ball. But for that goal, had a good game. 5.5/10

2. ABDULLAHI: Not sure he is a Super Eagles material - at least yet. Didn't add much to the game. Faltered a couple of times. No sensible crosses or play with winger as expected of a full back. Alongside Ambrose, failed to intercept the ball that got into the net eventually. 3/10

3. AMUZIE: Again, struggled with Salah's speed. Also doesn't look like Super Eagles' material yet. 3/10

4. AMBROSE: Once again, failed to live to expectation as one that plays for a decent European club. Weak, defensively; poor link with midfield. 3/10

5. OBOABONA: Not seen much. Appeared to have lost confidence. Struggled with Egyptian forward. Poor clearing. 3/10

ur ratings are very poor
this is just so bad

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by masterblogger(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Shortyy:
Whaaaaaat? * runs outta thread screaming
Why run? Did you watch the match technically

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Baroba(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nigeria has never had a good team since Okocha and friends left the scene..

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by class0247: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
Victor Moses deserve 9/10. He was the only treat

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by maclatunji: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Which players are you rating Jarus? The same ones that are not going to Nation's cup? tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
Super Eagles na baba

All the players na super

tongue tongue tongue grin tongue
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Icon4s(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
Ladies ad gentlemen, it's official, there is fire on the mountain: Super Eagles failed to qualify for Nations Cup three times in 4 consecutive editions.

This is the same Nations Cup in which qualification was never our issue, the same Nations Cup that semi final (minimum) was our birthright.

Here we go again. Eagles faltered on big occasion.

Anyway, I still struggled to rate the players.

1. AKPEYI: Did well, especially in aerial balls, stopping a couple of goal-bound shots, but he could have done better in that goal, although he expected the defenders to be able to intercept that ball. But for that goal, had a good game. 5.5/10

2. ABDULLAHI: Not sure he is a Super Eagles material - at least yet. Didn't add much to the game. Faltered a couple of times. No sensible crosses or play with winger as expected of a full back. Alongside Ambrose, failed to intercept the ball that got into the net eventually. 3/10

3. AMUZIE: Again, struggled with Salah's speed. Also doesn't look like Super Eagles' material yet. 3/10

4. AMBROSE: Once again, failed to live to expectation as one that plays for a decent European club. Weak, defensively; poor link with midfield. 3/10

5. OBOABONA: Not seen much. Appeared to have lost confidence. Struggled with Egyptian forward. Poor clearing. 3/10

this ur ratings are too harsh abeg. Jst as if d boys didnt play any thing.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Blackops(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Did not even bother watching the game, I have lost confidence in super eagles since the World Cup, but its pathetic the players got such ratings like that, 3,4,5. Just pity Siasia.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Amaechi5(m): 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
Baroba:
Nigeria has never had a good team since Okocha and friends left the scene..

Well said even when the won the last afcon cup still we are not good. Changing coaches like panties still no progress, don't know if the problem is from the coach(es) or the players.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Dinocarex(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Daninya11:
I thought we wanted to surmount an Herculean task but when I saw the squad list, I knew that we wouldn't get the result but I kept my cool.

Amuzie, Etebo, Musa, Aminu had no business starting the match..

Mikel, Akpeyi, Moses and Iwobi proved their mettle..

The Next generation of Super Eagles stars will emerge from the Olympics until then farewell.
I couldn't quite agree with you more about your last paragraph. Imagine crop of players like Daniel Akpei, Iwobi, Iheneacho, Success Isaac, Junior Ajayi etc.
The future looks bright for Super Eagles. They should conquer in Rio and build the team together for Russia 2018.
We shall regain our lost glory in Africa football.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
sureguy02:

Did you for once think that we would win?
egypt defenders were alert ni, no shaking, they did their homework against Nigerian attackers
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by dominique(f): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
embarassed embarassed cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by samakam: 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Very poor performance
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by samakam: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
dominique:
embarassed embarassed
cry
I. Agree with u 100%,d Egyptian are well disciplinced and more determined.Well better luck next time

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Femeto: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
tunapawizzy:
Siasia is d major culprit here....watched musa waste away for good 90 minutes while iheanacho sat on d bench .......he didn't react early enuff....siasia was awful.....
Oga na back of T.V you watch.We only had 1 sub left after the Egypt goal.Iwobi was a better attacking option.Our defenders need to improve.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Mezuzah(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
This shortyy of a girl. I know that you hate Mikel because of his Russian babe. What did you know about football?

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Aringon(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
12. IWOBI: Tried to bring bite to our attack when he came in. Tried through passes, but the recipients couldn't convert. He should be a little more daring himself. 5/10

13. ECHIEJILE: Came in early, but largely quiet. Looked rusty. Came in at a time we were attacking, and little defending to do. The Egyptians also stopped using the flanks and were using the central midfield to penetrate and banking on counter attack, so he wasn't call to test that much. 4/10

SIASIA: Not sure he has much blame, but we expected victory. I'm beginning to agree he's our best local coach. The players are letting us down, but it hardly has much to do with the coach. One thing: Siasia's team's trademark attack was seen in this game. I think he should be retained and given more time. 5/10

Can u play football? The easiest play to play football is either with the mouth, phone or a laptop. Giving players this sort of outrageous is far beyond the anger of losing the game, its wickedness in high places.

There are improvement in this team coach by Siasia than Oliseh and Keshi. Give these players time and they will improve greatly

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
I rate Pusidrila 10/10 for not watching the match grin
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Mezuzah(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
We have to blame the NFF, because how can you have three coaches, three goals keepers, three captains in about how many games? And now we are left with three teams. With three Moses (Moses Simon, Victor Moses and Musa - Moses for Arab) we failed to defeat only one Pharaoh. Sunday Oliseh ran away from the Egyptians. After chasing away Enyeama and Emenike

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by OKorowanta: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
masterblogger:
I disagree with the rating. Mikel should be rated 7/10. He played classically.

Story!
Average dude today.
Na only MOSES play like normal human being.
Talk true..mikel and snail who is faster?
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Slimzjoe(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2016

Jarus its Obvious You Hate Efe Ambrose Seriously.
What did he ever do to you? Beat you up in School?

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by ebenholer(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
to be frank, the players deserved to be commended but failure cannot be celebrated. They haven't played often together and have not got used to each other. The failure is caused by Nigeria football body by bringing inconsistencies into Nigeria football due to their politicizing moves in order to favour their pocket alone. This is really bad, we must confess.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
jonathanOz:
I hate to say this, but i think the go slow we are experiencing in the economic sector of this nation have caught up with our football too. The players were basically complacent most times. No sense of urgency, no hunger for goal just pure confusion like we have in this APC govt. This is one more bad record for this govt

Guess what? The last government had 2 Nations Cup misses (2012 and 2015). No government has ever had thtat record.

I don't believe these have anything to do with governments, but don't come here and make infantile inferences.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by mizhefeh(f): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
masterblogger:
I disagree with the rating. Mikel should be rated 7/10. He played classically.
I concord
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by famzynet: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
I like your rating. Moses,the keeper and Iwobi did well. Musa was awful. Siasia ought to have removed him. Wetin concern me self. I don't belong to the zoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen’s Family Leans Towards Al-hilal’s Record-deal / Dolores Aveiro Has Breast Cancer: Cristiano Ronaldo Mum ‘Fighting For Her Life’ / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.