Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12478617 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (16710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
Icon4s:

So that what?
they lost...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hope everything is now cool.

cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
This thread sha.....

Arguments that we already know who will align with who, is that one still argument?

E be like say sallah meat no reach many of una for this thread, na wetin make everybody blood dey hot grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Like the football. Not tribe or nationality.

I like Yahaya
Ndidi
Iheanacho
Alampasu
Nwakalis
Ekong
Balogun
Omeruo
V. Moses
Osimhen
Oshaniwa
Etc. Not tribal at all.

Others should emulate this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Chrismario:
Hope everything is now cool.

cool

Nope. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oya forgiveness and TheSuperNerd, hug and settle. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nope. wink

Make I go hide Jareh! grin

Afta my last little argument with Mr..... which was accompanied with disguised insult, I chose not to engage whenever I sense tribal sh*t.

B4 asi na nwata akparia okenye.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
sontoly2:

Bro if u feel kayode is good let's see how many premier league club will buy him this summer, onyekuru just moved to Everton, now let kayode move likewise, or may be clubs don't fancy him, don't drag martins backward d dude is playing for his retirement.

if kayode was as good as u think may be clubs would have been scrambling for his signature.

Hahahahahah! Are you making a statement or asking question? Because I can't understand your point.

Let me give you one or two reasons.

If you put on your thinking cap without making biased statement, you would have understood:

1, Age factor. Onyekuru is 21 while Kayode is 24. Clubs buy potential young players to recoup their investment.

2, The ability to get work permit. Onyekuru had only one good season in the Belgian league and he was rewarded with National team call. Maybe his agent has guaranteed that Onyekuru will be given chance in the National team which could make him eligible for work permit. I don't think Kayode agents has connection to the national team because he has to score double digits goals consistently for three seasons before been called reluctantly to the national team. I even learnt he was not considered initially for the last friendlies and qualifiers before public outcry saw he was included in the list.

3, Kayode can't be bought and loaned to a smaller club than Austria Vienna. Onyekuru can be bought and loaned to a bigger club than Eupen.

4, Agent factor. If you have a very good agent, you can play for Chelsea.

I hope these answers your questions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:

Onyekuru is signed by Everton but will be loaned out to Anderlecht. The Question is; why can't he secure the Work Permit through [b]Exceptional Talent?! [/b]

Or you think if Mbappe is signed by any of the EPL Clubs, he won't secure the Work Permit through the same Channel?! Remember Mbappe is younger to Onyekuru.

It's a Pity you could come this Low just to shade Forgiveness, and it's more pitiable for a Veteran on this Thread to back up the Gibberish.

@bolded says it all. But.... Anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:

Onyekuru is signed by Everton but will be loaned out to Anderlecht. The Question is; why can't he secure the Work Permit through Exceptional Talent?!

Or you think if Mbappe is signed by any of the EPL Clubs, he won't secure the Work Permit through the same Channel?! Remember Mbappe is younger to Onyekuru.

It's a Pity you could come this Low just to shade Forgiveness, and it's more pitiable for a Veteran on this Thread to back up the [b]Gibberish.[/b]

@bolded is the most disappointing of all. Veteran indeed. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! Are you making a statement or asking question? Because I can't understand your point.

If you put on your thinking cap without making biased statement, you would have understood:

1, Age factor. Onyekuru is 21 while Kayode is 24. Clubs buy potential young players to recoup their investment.

2, The ability to get work permit. Onyekuru had only one good season in the Belgian league and he was rewarded with National team call. Maybe his agent has guaranteed that Onyekuru will be given chance in the National team which could make him eligible for work permit. I don't think Kayode agents has connection to the national team because he has to score double digits goals consistently for three seasons before been called reluctantly to the national team. I even learnt he was not considered initially for the last friendlies and qualifiers before public outcry saw he was included in the list.

3, Kayode can't be bought and loaned to a smaller club than Austria Vienna. Onyekuru can be bought and loaned to a bigger club than Eupen.

you have started again
why are u so suspicious and label others progress as if there is something beneath...
point black...the Europeans rate Henry far ahead of kayode accept the fact...
close to 10 English clubs were jostling for His signature...
how many came for kayode?
so his agent influenced that one abi?
forgiveness please stop this......where you not here...when kayode first got a call up...against Senegal and Henry was sidelined..... with the medias in Nigeria going agog....
henry first season in a top light league...and he scored 24 goals....plus 9 assist.
I am a fan of kayode ..but saying these above just to back up your baseless assumptions is really really wrong and does not portray our football in good light.......

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:27am On Jun 28, 2017
jamel9:
The question is how and when are we going to end this tribal war.
my brother....I just don't knw
how could peeps allow tribalism to creep into their sense of reason.
anyway let's just try tolerate each other the best we can....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:

i will have to take you up, seems you aren't getting tired if level and bias,

all point raised by you does not hold water period

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2017
safarigirl:
This thread sha.....

Arguments that we already know who will align with who, is that one still argument?

E be like say sallah meat no reach many of una for this thread, na wetin make everybody blood dey hot grin

ahh.... First lady, no be about salleh meat oooo,
but i miss you sha, how body nah, hope say you dey enjoy wella ooo,

i remani your first guy cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2017
Humility017:

you have started again
why are u so suspicious and label others progress as if there is something beneath...
forgiveness please stop this......where you not here...when kayode first got a call up...against Senegal and Henry was sidelined..... with the medias in Nigeria going agog....
henry first season in a top light league...and he scored 24 goals....plus 9 assist.
I am a fan of kayode ..but saying these above just to back up your baseless assumptions is really really wrong and does not portray our football in good light.......

Pin point to the one you think is wrong and I will clear myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:23am On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:

@bolded is the most disappointing of all. Veteran indeed. grin

stop support bias, by quoting the bolded,

MBAPPE is a French man for crying out loud,

if you cant support our own, then stop downgrading, ok

if MBAPPE mistcheeww .bappe ma ass

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2017
Humility017:

you have started again

Is "the Europeans" limited to England?

I have explained the factors behind some European clubs buying younger players.

Going by your logic, did the Europeans rates Awoniyi far ahead of Isaac, Osimhen, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Onyekuru because he was bought by Liverpool? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2017
do4luv14:

i will have to take you up, seems you aren't getting tired if level and bias,

all point raised by you does not hold water period

Ask Komekn, he knows better and he will most likely say the same.

As for me, after I read the article on why Liverpool bought Awoniyi, I deduced those points straight. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:

Ask Komekn, he knows better and he will most likely say the same.

As for me, after I read the article on why Liverpool bought Awoniyi, I deduced those points straight. grin

then both of you don't know how HENRY made it , compare to KAYODE,

or are you saying otherwise, don't quote me, don't wanna be drawn into a nepotim argument

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I like Yahaya
Ndidi
Iheanacho
Alampasu
Nwakalis
Ekong
Balogun
Omeruo
V. Moses
Osimhen
Oshaniwa
Etc. Not tribal at all.

Before I comment on this list. Please kindly replace Omeruo on that list with Awaziem and remove Yahaya from number 1 and put Iheanacho.

These are the guys that have hired you as their attorneys. Haha haha.
The cause of major arguments here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Very simple.
One person defends Yoruba + Foreign born =
Another defends Foreign born =
I'm not limiting my statement to this thread but the whole aspect of our life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2017
zicky:
even as much as some of us try to look the other way, tribalism is very visible in this forum.
One thing I admire about forgiveness before now though am not a fan of his method of arguement (operation bring him down kinda arguement) is his ability to avoid throwing insult even when been attack but the guy just fall my hand.
Yes I know forgiveness for that, he hardly insult you, but he can argue for the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2017
Humility017:

my brother....I just don't knw
how could peeps allow tribalism to creep into their sense of reason.
anyway let's just try tolerate each other the best we can....
Little stuff sparks outrage among us. The past is still hunting us or are we being used by the elites.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2017
Icon4s:

Before I comment on this list. Please kindly replace Omeruo on that list with Awaziem and remove Yahaya from number 1 and put Iheanacho.

These are the guys that have hired you as their attorneys. Haha haha.
The cause of major arguments here.

hmmm, you see he is not talking about any preferred choice, yet you bring it up, if he decides to reply you, may leads into an argument and then you blame it on him,

chaiiii Na original wa grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
do4luv14:

hmmm, you see he is not talking about any preferred choice, yet you bring it up, if he decides to reply you, may leads into an argument and then you blame it on him,

chaiiii Na original wa grin

Forget. You no sabi that guy pass me. I only reminded him of the omissions. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I like Yahaya
Ndidi
Iheanacho
Alampasu
Nwakalis
Ekong
Balogun
Omeruo
V. Moses
Osimhen
Oshaniwa
Etc. Not tribal at all.

me wey no get my tribe wey the play football even for npfl wetin i go do?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:

Is "the Europeans" limited to England?

I have explained the factors behind some European clubs buying younger players.

Going by your logic, did the Europeans rates Awoniyi far ahead of Isaac, Osimhen, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Onyekuru because he was bought by Liverpool? grin
may be you never knew...
that two clubs in Germany top flight Leipzig and M.Bach and PSG, also Celtic all wanted henry at some point....
but for kayode....you hear of Russian clubs only and one German clubs...that have refused to allow it's name in print....
I don't intend rubbish kayode because I like him so much and his commitment to SE course....
the only English club to have make a move for him all this while...is stoke and it was a mere speculation....
many will blame the work permit rules...but same work permit rules...never stops Everton from going fr Henry....
bro....the Europeans rate henry higher than kayode....the reverse is the case in the Nigeria though....
personally... for a winger to achieve such feet in a modest club like eupen is no child's play...
something tells me....had it been Henry was from the other side of the country kayode hails from...you won't be saying all this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
CSKA, Lokomotiv Moscow Target Kayode Will Join Team With Biggest Offer

Published: June 28, 2017

Kayode Olanrewaju's intermediary, Franz Herzog, has confirmed that the Super Eagles star is attracting interest from unnamed clubs in the Russian Premier League, and will join a team with the biggest offer.

CSKA Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow are thought to be the two teams battling for the signature of the Austria Vienna striker.

''Kayode really wants to play in Russia. Why not? Good clubs and excellent contracts. Now we are only at the very beginning of the talks,'' Herzog told championat.com.

''I got a visa to Russia, I have a meeting in Moscow next week. What clubs? This is still a secret!

''In addition, he has interest in Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, Germany, Ukraine and Italy. Which country is the priority for him? The one that will pay more!''

Kayode is expected to join Austria Vienna at their training camp before the end of this week.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23561

I am not downgrading Onyekuru's performance but I have say things the way the society is working. And I don't expect anyone to play ignorance about this anomalies going on in the National team.

Rohr has given us a clue that he was offered a bribe to call players into the national team though he refused it. But how am I sure somebody has not gone behind to collect it on his behalf? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
Came back from the lecture hall today opened Twitter and found out that our Federation cup will now be known as the AiteoCup, this is after the Oil and gas company who are also partners with the NFF and SE signed a deal to be sponsors of the federations cup for the next 5years.

the winners of the men's category will get 25million and runners up will get 10 million while the female will get 10 million for winning the trophy and 5m for runners up.

finally the final of both male and female categories will be live on Tv.

Abs too will be putting on their Puma designed jerseys for the first time today in an NPFL match at the kwara stadium.

David Okorom who is just 15years old is listed on their team list he could made his first team debut today after featuring In the U15 promise tourney which the won

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
1. ABS face Pillars in few minutes and they will dorn this jersey

2. 15 year old David Okoromi on the bench could make his debut in the first team today. Scored the first goal for the ABS u15vteam in osogbo during the NPFL u15 promises

3. Unveiling of the puma jersey few weeks back

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Icon4s:

Forget. You no sabi that guy pass me. I only reminded him of the omissions. grin

ok sir,

las-las ah go taya for am sef grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly2(m): 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
forgiveness:
CSKA, Lokomotiv Moscow Target Kayode Will Join Team With Biggest Offer

Published: June 28, 2017

Kayode Olanrewaju's intermediary, Franz Herzog, has confirmed that the Super Eagles star is attracting interest from unnamed clubs in the Russian Premier League, and will join a team with the biggest offer.

CSKA Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow are thought to be the two teams battling for the signature of the Austria Vienna striker.

''Kayode really wants to play in Russia. Why not? Good clubs and excellent contracts. Now we are only at the very beginning of the talks,'' Herzog told championat.com.

''I got a visa to Russia, I have a meeting in Moscow next week. What clubs? This is still a secret!

''In addition, he has interest in Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, Germany, Ukraine and Italy. Which country is the priority for him? The one that will pay more!''

Kayode is expected to join Austria Vienna at their training camp before the end of this week.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23561

I am not downgrading Onyekuru's performance but I have say things the way the society is working. And I don't expect anyone to play ignorance about this anomalies going on in the National team.

Rohr has given us a clue that he was offered a bribe to call players into the national team though he refused it. But how am I sure somebody has not gone behind to collect it on his behalf? grin

I don't think you understand football at all, the only person that is underated in the SE should be henry, someone scored 24 goals and 9 assist in a match that means he had a hand in 33 goals from 38 matches, isn't that outstanding?, yet he couldn't make the match day squad against south Africa, don't you think something is fishy?.

You just mentioned random European countries that has been linked to kayode but didn't mention the clubs, bros try relax small. You shldnt be the one to make statement for kayode, he should make a statement for himself.

If he likes let him sign for 3rd division because of money, e no concern us, I pray he makes the right decision cos I heard his club have already gotten a replacement for him, this is the best time to move he may not get this opportunity next season.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (16710) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.