Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11702869 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
TERRIFIC DOZEN ! 12 Standout Players Of 2016 / 2017 NPFL Season

Completesportsnigeria.com's IZUCHUKWU OKOSI takes a look at the Nigeria Professional Football League players who have glamorised the 2016/2017 season so far with their sterling showings.

1. Stephen Odey: Striker, MFM

Mountain of Fires and Miracles striker Stephen Odey is currently the Nigeria Professional Football League top scorer with 15 goals.

The striker could probably have increased his tally had he not travelled to Denmark to undergo trials at FC Midtjylland.
Odey was recently invited by Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr for the team's camping exercise in France where the Eagles played two friendlies against Corsica Island and Togo.

Despite the failed trials, Odey could still find himself gaining attention from within and outside the country.

2. Golbe Elisha: Central Defender, Plateau United

Plateau United captain Golden Elisha has been inspirational for the Nigeria Professional Football League leaders who are five points clear of El Kanemi with 45 points.

The central defender has missed only one game of the 25 the team have played so far (against Sunshine Stars away in Match day 23 which Plateau won 2-1) due to suspension.
Elisha had received his fifth yellow card of the season in the team's previous game against Enyimba of Aba on June 4, 2017 in their Match day 22 game.

Elisha as a central defender has scored five goals and four of those goals have come from direct free kicks. shocked

3. Ibrahim Muazu Alhassan : Midfielder, Akwa United

Alhassan Ibrahim seems to be the new poster boy of the Nigeria Professional Football League. The skilful midfielder (alongside FC Ifeanyiubah goalkeeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa) made the cut for Nigeria's 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa at the Godswill Akpabio stadium.

Both players did not play eventually and not being able to play in front of the home fans that adore him must have hurt Alhassan even more.

Alhassan Ibrahim’s sensational hat-trick in a space of sixteen minutes inspired Akwa to a 4-2 victory over Shooting Stars Sports Club 3SC of Ibadan on match day 17 fixture of the Nigeria Professional Football League at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo was the highlight of his performance so far.

4. Mathias Samuel: Striker, El-kanemi Warriors

Before the 2016/2017 season kicked off, not many fans and football experts gave El kanemi the chance to be contesting for the Nigeria Professional Football League title but the goal scoring art of Mathaias Samuel has made it possible.

The striker has scored 11 goals so far and could still score more before the end of the season. He has earlier set a target of 14 goals at the staert of the season for himself.

The Highlight of his performance was the brace he scored against Sunshine Stars in the week 11 clash at the Maiduguri Township Stadium, their home ground where they do not particularly score so much. He also missed a penalty in the game.

5. Ayo Saka: Midfielder, Rivers United

Rivers United's Ayo Saka won the maiden VAT Wonder Goal of the Nigeria Professional Football League Match day 20.

Saka won the poll conducted on the website of the NPFL and its twitter handle beating off the challenge of Enyimba's Ugochukwu Leonard and Gombe United's Afolabi Abdulwaheed, with a cumulative vote of 89.5% after picking up 51.5% of the votes cast by fans.

In the match against Nasarawa United, Saka evaded the challenges of two defenders and fired a left footed shot to the roof of the net.

Saka's individual effort was favoured by voters ahead of the 35 yards long range strike by Ugochukwu against Remo Stars at the Shagamu Stadium.

6. Chukwuka Onuwa: Midfielder, MFM

Mountain of Fire and Miracles FC midfielder Chukwuka Onuwa has dazzled in the team's matches and is one of the standout players of the season so far.

The diminutive playmaker has drawn comparisons with two of Nigeria's most skilful midifeld magicians, Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha and Etim Esin.

The three are not tall, they have superb close control, eye for the wonder pass and they tie their markers in knots with mesmerizing dribbles.

Goal scoring is not his best attribute but Onuwa has nine assists to his credit and is proving to be one of the best attacking midfield dynamites in the Nigeria Professional Football league.

7. Kingsley Eduwo: Striker, Lobi Stars

Lobi Stars forward Kingsley Eduwo was recently named League Bloggers Awards (LBA) Player for the month of May.
Eduwo scored three goals in the month under review. Eduwo scored in Lobi's 1-0 win at Sunshine Stars and got a double against 3SC.

The race for the highest goal scorer is still open and presently Eduwo has scored eight goals for the Makurdi side.

8. Suraj Ayeleso: Goalkeeper, Nasarawa United)

Nasarawa United goalkeeper is currently the custodian with the most clean sheets in the Nigeria Professional Football League after week 25.

The former Kwara United player is stingy in between the posts and has kept 11 clean sheets already although he is closely followed by Mustapha Aliko (10 clean sheets), Ojo Olorunleke (nine clean sheets), George Michael (eight clean sheets), Dele Ajiboye , Agbor Ekoi and Adamu Abubakar (seven clean sheets).

9. Sikiru Olatunbosun: Winger, MFM

MFM winger, Sikiru Olatunbosun, scored what will go down as contender for the goals of the season in their 2-1 win over Enugu Rangers on February 24.

Olatunbosun's 30th minute strike in the match day 10 fixture at the Agege Stadium won him the CNN’s goal of the Week poll.

After collecting a pass, Olatunbosun looped the ball over Rangers captain and right-back Matthew Etim before firing off a fierce shot with his left foot into the top corner.

The clip of the goal has become an internet sensation and was included in the CNN’s Goal of the Week. 82% of the vote went to the MFM FC player beating competition from Radja Nainggolan of Roma, Youri Tielemans of Anderlecht and Joey Jones of Woking FC.

Olatunbosun has scored only five NPFL goals but his predatory instincts cannot be taken for granted as he is likely to score more before the end of the season in July.

10. Sunday Adetunji: Striker, Abia Warriors

One of the front runers for the highest goal scorers award is Sunday Adetunji.

The former Shooting Stars of Ibadan hit man currently has 11 goals to his credit.

Adetunji hit the back of the net nine times for the Warriors this season despite missing the opening five fixtures of the season due to registration issues before adding additional two. He probably would have usurped Stephen Odey at the top of the goalscorers' chart.

That speaks volumes of the ability of the front man who scored 10 goals last season.

11. Dayo Ojo: Defensive Midfielder, Sunshine Stars

Sunshine Stars' Dayo Ojo is a dynamic player who is adept at playing in defensive and midfield positions. That has been helpful for his team.

The midfielder who showed promise in the youth team of Sunshine previously played in Sudan for Al-Merrikh but his contract was terminated following disagreement over its renewal.

His former club were willing to welcome back the 'prodigal son' and it was a good decision in the end as he has helped the club out of the drop zone so far. The club are in 17th place in the table

Since his mid-season transfer back to the Owena Waves, Ojo has scored only one goal but has an interesting statistics on his goal scoring feat for the club-from his previous stint.

Seven of Ojo's last eight NPFL goals for Sunshine Stars (including his previous stint) have come in the second half of matches.

12. Mfon Udoh: Striker, Enyimba

The NPFL all-time highest goal scorer with 23 goals in the 2013/2014 season and the first player to score over 35 goals in two consecutive seasons in Nigeria is a 'fox in the box' and has already notched up 10 league goals (alongside Lobi Stars' Anthony Okpotu) for seventh placed Enyimba International of Aba.

With 13 more rounds of matches to be played before the season ends, it is not unthinkable that the goal machine equals or slightly surpass his own record if the other top strikers rest on their laurels

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/terrific-dozen-12-standout-players-20162017-npfl-season/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
Just in

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lordabas: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Done deal. Onyekeru loaned from Everton to Anderlecht
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone should even engage in Iheanacho Vs martins argument here in the first place.

Iheanacho Vs Solanke . I understand.
Iheanacho Vs Rashford. Normal
Iheanacho Vs Mbappe. I understand
Iheanacho Vs Kayode. Still OK.

But which one is Iheanacho Vs Martins? On what bases?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
@first bolded.... not understood... coz Against Algeria, he tormented their defence with his high-pressings and key positioning..... he kept on probing in the Algerian danger area... and was one of the key performers that day. The Algerian coach, Leekens specifically singled out Nacho.... One of The Algerian Journalists agreed and analysed Nacho's role keenly.

Against South Africa... Nacho had a below par performance. It happens and no excuses taken. But we will see if he had played himself out of the team by the next game. cheesy If Rohr does not invite him or play him, then we will know.... grin

Abeg what did Martins do against Swaziland in both legs??

(I am coming to that... I didn't even remember he played the second you know why... because he was as anonymous as a ghost... #fact). Every thing I was typing was from my head.... So if the one mistake is not remembering that Martins played in the second leg well that is because He was totally ineffective/ghostlike in the second leg... and I will show you in just a moment

@Second bolded..... See lame question.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... is that what defines a man? Your cheap silly question?? Mister take a hike abeg... Martins is a striker. He was brought into that field by Oliseh to get goals... he failed in that regards. I care not for his falling back to midfield... since when have Martins ever played the CMF role plss?? Oga stop making a lame case here... If this was Nacho... you would say, but he was brought in for goals naa.... good... use same yardstick for Martins. Mr Man. Looooollllll

@Third Bolded...... It's comprehension.... not compression. Since we are jumping on little mistakes now...... I think I should point that out. And ohhh.... The reason I picked on this is because you will badly need the comprehension much much more for my next point. wink

@Fourth bolded..... Aha! we have landed. smiley

Now read with caution, care and a clear mind. Prove you are a Man.... grin wink Hahahahahahahahaha.... Whatever that means.... looollll

Firstly when you said, Martins replaced Mikel Obi.... that made my mind go to the first leg. because that was one game Mikel played and Martins came in for him I think... Martins tried to exert his influence but he couldn't. That game ended goalless and Martins didn't shine when he came on. #fact.

Then when you mentioned the second leg of 2-0.... I was beginning to wonder and think of How and When did a Martins even have an impact in that game.... believe me I am still scratching my head because I recall most of the major actions in that game leading up to our goals.

Before Martins came into the fray and went on major ghostmode for the remaining 15mins.... It was Moses Simon who scored for Nigeria from a beautiful direct freekick.

A free kick won by the Powerful running Sylvester Igbonu (who is not so technically gifted by the way).

Then "Captain" Musa came off....... And Believe me, I didn't take notice of who came in. I majorly remember Ezekiel Bassey coming in and actually making his presence felt.... Martins was so quiet and so lost... he was damn anonymous...

It was even one of Ezekiel Bassey's dangerous solo runs that won us a freekick on the right of our attack which Igbonu took and was perfectly converted by Efe Ambrose. Then the game tapered off from there onward....

I remember that I gave Credits to Oliseh for our improvements from Set Pieces....

So tell me Man of truth... Looolll... How did martins influence that game or the scoreline when he was merely a passenger? He had no involvement in the first because he was not the field... he also had no involvement in the second because It was Ezekiel Bassey all along... He did not even draw defenders out of positions to cause mayhem like Nacho did against Algeria.... so how did he influence the game?? undecided

And plsss stop throwing digs at Chief Icon4s.... it is not cool. I do have my disagreements with him too sometimes but these constant digs you throw his way is not cool and uncalled for...

So my only mistake and mix-up in info was saying Martins never played the second leg... but fact remains that He had no bloody influence on that scoreline unlike Nacho had against Algeria.... Lord have mercy... I cannot recall one good thing Martins did... I didn't even remember he was on the pitch. Mikel didn't even play that second leg... so you also made an error in saying Martins replaced Mikel in the second leg and had a hand in the second goal.... it is not easy recalling certain details but Martins was a passenger in that game... that Much I recall... and that much is the fact

@bolded 1. I can differentiate btw a mistake and a mischievous mistake. grin

Since you asked for it, I will give you facts.

You lied he didn't not play, right?

Then, how can you know what he did on both legs.

You also lied he didn't replace Mikel and he came to strike when many knew he played in the Midfield. Chaiii!

You need baptism of evidence and I will give it to you to wash away ya ignorance or intentional lies. grin

THIS IS THE FIRST MATCH

Nigeria 2-0 Swaziland: How Super Eagles Rated

Prince Imehiron
2 years ago

Share Tweet + 1 Mail
By Adeboye Amosu:

CARL IKEME 6/10
The England-based goalie was called into action thrice by the visitors and he proved his class by rising to the occasion and keeping a cleen sheet in the game.

SHEHU ABDULLAHI 6/10
Shehu put a better display compared to his performance in the first leg. The former Kano Pillars man performed his defensive duties superbly and joined the attack at will.
He however needs to work on delivery as his final ball let him down a couple of occasions in the game.

AMBROSE EFE 7/10
Proved his class as the most experienced defender in the line-up. Ambrose put a solid display at the heart of the Eagles defence, thwarting the visitors from getting a goal. He also scored the decisive second goal for his side.

AUSTINE OBAROAKPO 6/10
The Abia Warriors captain took the place of Godfrey Oboabona in the starting eleven from the first leg and proved a capable replacement for the Rizespor of Turkey player with his impressive performance.

CHIMA AKAS 5/10
Performed his defensive task well, but contributed little going forward. He was replaced by Elderson Echiejile after copping an injury late in the game.

PAUL ONOBI 6/10
Put up a lively display in what was his first start for the main Super Eagles side. The Sunshine Stars vice- captain combined well with Ogenyi Onazi in the middle of the pack. Looks good to cement a starting berth in the team.

OGENYI ONAZI 7/10
Impressed once again like he did in the first leg last weekend. The Lazio midfielder thrived in the playmaker role where he initiated most of the Super Eagles attacking moves.

SLYVESTER IGBONU 6/10
Had a poor first half, but improved like the rest of the side in the second half. He was unlucky not have hit the back of the net at least once in the game.

MOSES SIMON 6/10
A better performance from the first leg from the man who scored the opener for Nigeria. Had to leave the pitch due to injury for Enyimba winger, Ezekiel Bassey, in the second half.

AHMED MUSA 5/10
Another below par showing from the skipper who has not impressed in any game since he took over as captain of the side from Vincent Enyeama. He was duly replaced by Obafemi Martins.

ODION IGHALO 5/10
Failed to convert the few chances that came his way. The Watford of England striker still needs to convince the coaches and fans he is the right man to lead the Eagles attack.

SUBSTITUTES
OBAFEMI MARTIN 5/10
The pacy hitman proved he still has what it takes to thrive on the international scene with his impressive showing following his introduction in second half. Still looks good to be at least a squad member.

EZEKIEL BASSEY 5/10
The tricky winger was a thorn in the flesh of the Sihlangu defenders after coming on for the injured Moses Simon in the second half.

ELDERSON ECHIEJILE NOT RATED
He took the place of Chima Akas and contributed little or nothing to the game.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-2-0-swaziland-how-super-eagles-rated/amp/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiy1uqr-93UAhVGZ1AKHeawCCkQFggqMAU&q=Nigeria+vs+Swaziland+players+ratings&usg=AFQjCNFujxjHtIzJcRRyELam2-uFYLLFng

How The Super Eagles Rated Against Swaziland
SoccerNet Nigeria

By: Obiweluozo Martins

The Super Eagles defeated their Swaziland counterpart courtesy of two second half strike from Moses Simon in the 51st minute and an 87th minute goal from Celtic defender Efe Ambrose.

The Swaziland sat deep and defended stoutly especially in the first half but the Eagles broke the deadlock six minutes after intermission as KAA Gent forward Moses Simon curled a brilliant free kick over the wall for the first goal before Efe Ambrose settled the match late in the game.

In the midst of the victory there were contrasting performance for Super Eagles players as John Obi Mikel, Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi was left out of the starting line-up.

SoccerNet Nigeria evaluates the performance of Super Eagles players from the victory over Swaziland.

CARL IKEME (6.0)
Had little to do as Nigeria dominated proceedings in the first period but alert to make a crucial save to deny Swaziland an equalizer in the game. Another clean sheet for the Wolves goalie.

SHEHU ABDULLAHI (5.0)
Was moderate in defence but was not efficient in attack as his crosses and passes failed to find a green shirt.

EFE AMBROSE (6.5)
He was caught out of position at times, but was comfortable on the ball going forward and scored late on to seal the victory.

AUSTIN OBOROAKPO (5.5)
Not the best positioning for the center back but a moderate outing in defence alongside Efe Ambrose.

CHIMA AKAS (5.5)
Made some good movement on the ball but was jittery at times at left back as his poor control of the ball let him down on occasion.

PAUL ONOBI (6.0)
Had a decent game in midfield, showed good passing range with some cross field passes but was slow in possession at times.

OGENYI ONAZI (6.5)
Marshalled the midfield in John Obi Mikel’s absence, great vision to pick out Ighalo in the first period. Could have scored after good movement outside the box.

SYLVESTER IGBOUN (5.5)
Missed couple of chances and did not link up the midfield and attack so well but made up with an assist for the second goal.

MOSES SIMON (7.0)
Showed skill and good ball control and capped a good performance with a brilliant free kick –MAN OF THE MATCH.

ODION IGHALO (5.5)
Lacked the desired service he would have wanted but missed two chances in the game. A moderate game from the Watford man.

AHMED MUSA (5.5)
The Eagles Skipper was guilty of poor decision making and his crosses let him down on occasion. Must improve as the Captain of the team.

SUBSTITUTES

OBAFEMI MARTINS (5.5)
Came on in the second period and combined well to set up Ighalo with a scoring chance. Made some good passes in midfield as well

EZEKIEL BASSEY (6.5)
The Enyimba forward justified his inclusion with dashing runs in midfield as he committed two Swaziland players for a booking.

ELDERSON ECHIEJILE (4.0)
Came on late for Injured Chima Akas and added width to the Eagles defence Line. Was also not decisive in possession.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/how-super-eagles-rated-against-swaziland.html%3Fm%3D1&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiy1uqr-93UAhVGZ1AKHeawCCkQFggjMAM&q=Nigeria+vs+Swaziland+players+ratings&usg=AFQjCNFEMvZA4WWIjrF8cTi245kw1-hR1Q

How come na only you no see wetin em play

Thank God for Internet. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
@first bolded.... not understood... coz Against Algeria, he tormented their defence with his high-pressings and key positioning..... he kept on probing in the Algerian danger area... and was one of the key performers that day. The Algerian coach, Leekens specifically singled out Nacho.... One of The Algerian Journalists agreed and analysed Nacho's role keenly.

Against South Africa... Nacho had a below par performance. It happens and no excuses taken. But we will see if he had played himself out of the team by the next game. cheesy If Rohr does not invite him or play him, then we will know.... grin

Abeg what did Martins do against Swaziland in both legs??

(I am coming to that... I didn't even remember he played the second you know why... because he was as anonymous as a ghost... #fact). Every thing I was typing was from my head.... So if the one mistake is not remembering that Martins played in the second leg well that is because He was totally ineffective/ghostlike in the second leg... and I will show you in just a moment

@Second bolded..... See lame question.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... is that what defines a man? Your cheap silly question?? Mister take a hike abeg... Martins is a striker. He was brought into that field by Oliseh to get goals... he failed in that regards. I care not for his falling back to midfield... since when have Martins ever played the CMF role plss?? Oga stop making a lame case here... If this was Nacho... you would say, but he was brought in for goals naa.... good... use same yardstick for Martins. Mr Man. Looooollllll

@Third Bolded...... It's comprehension.... not compression. Since we are jumping on little mistakes now...... I think I should point that out. And ohhh.... The reason I picked on this is because you will badly need the comprehension much much more for my next point. wink

@Fourth bolded..... Aha! we have landed. smiley

Now read with caution, care and a clear mind. Prove you are a Man.... grin wink Hahahahahahahahaha.... Whatever that means.... looollll

Firstly when you said, Martins replaced Mikel Obi.... that made my mind go to the first leg. because that was one game Mikel played and Martins came in for him I think... Martins tried to exert his influence but he couldn't. That game ended goalless and Martins didn't shine when he came on. #fact.

Then when you mentioned the second leg of 2-0.... I was beginning to wonder and think of How and When did a Martins even have an impact in that game.... believe me I am still scratching my head because I recall most of the major actions in that game leading up to our goals.

Before Martins came into the fray and went on major ghostmode for the remaining 15mins.... It was Moses Simon who scored for Nigeria from a beautiful direct freekick.

A free kick won by the Powerful running Sylvester Igbonu (who is not so technically gifted by the way).

Then "Captain" Musa came off....... And Believe me, I didn't take notice of who came in. I majorly remember Ezekiel Bassey coming in and actually making his presence felt.... Martins was so quiet and so lost... he was damn anonymous...

It was even one of Ezekiel Bassey's dangerous solo runs that won us a freekick on the right of our attack which Igbonu took and was perfectly converted by Efe Ambrose. Then the game tapered off from there onward....

I remember that I gave Credits to Oliseh for our improvements from Set Pieces....

So tell me Man of truth... Looolll... How did martins influence that game or the scoreline when he was merely a passenger? He had no involvement in the first because he was not the field... he also had no involvement in the second because It was Ezekiel Bassey all along... He did not even draw defenders out of positions to cause mayhem like Nacho did against Algeria.... so how did he influence the game?? undecided

And plsss stop throwing digs at Chief Icon4s.... it is not cool. I do have my disagreements with him too sometimes but these constant digs you throw his way is not cool and uncalled for...

So my only mistake and mix-up in info was saying Martins never played the second leg... but fact remains that He had no bloody influence on that scoreline unlike Nacho had against Algeria.... Lord have mercy... I cannot recall one good thing Martins did... I didn't even remember he was on the pitch. Mikel didn't even play that second leg... so you also made an error in saying Martins replaced Mikel in the second leg and had a hand in the second goal.... it is not easy recalling certain details but Martins was a passenger in that game... that Much I recall... and that much is the fact

In addition to... grin Internet no dey forget even if TheSuperNerd forget or lie. grin

ANALYSIS: How Super Eagles players rated against Swaziland

Jide Alaka
2 years ago
super eagles

Two second half goals finally separated the Super Eagles of Nigeria from the Sihlangu Semnikati of Swaziland on Tuesday in Port Harcourt.

Moses Simon and Efe Ambose got the two goals – which surprisingly came from set pieces – a good development if it was a planned process.

Although the quality could have been better, we got the desired result and in Oliseh’s 10th game as manager of the national team, he got his ninth clean sheet.

Even though we are not setting the world alight with goals, we are keeping a tight ship in defence but that is a story for another day.

So how did the Eagles fare with [the almighty] Mikel Obi benched for the first time in his Eagles career after showing up for a game.

Name Position Score Analysis
Carl Ikeme Goalkeeper 7/10 He did not touch the ball until the 17th minute but produced the saves that were needed when called upon. He continues to exude confidence and dependability.

Shehu Abdullahi Right Back 6/10 Abdullahi continues to grow in the position though still slightly impetuous in the tackle. He must be coached to know that he cannot win all balls.

Chima Akas Left Back 6/10 Ostensibly brought in to join the attack but he clearly did not display better attacking skills than Echiejile. He was however neat and tidy in his work.

Austin Oboroakpo Central Defence 6/10 A little jittery and nervous but matured with the game. Very strong in the tackle and marks very well. He could have scored on two occasions.

Efe Ambrose Central Defence 7/10 Ambrose has turned his national team career around with sterling performances at the heart of the defence. His goal was really to finally kill off the Swazi challenge.

Paul Onobi Defensive Midfield 7.5/10 If the NPFL needed any advert – this was it. Onobi was neat, visionary, strong in the tackle and covered the whole pitch as he gave a master class in defensive midfield positioning. He allowed Onazi the freedom to dictate play.

Ogenyi Onazi Defensive Midfield 6.5/10 The Lazio midfielder needs to work on his shooting and his decision making in the last third. Still young, so he has time to get better in the role that Oliseh is asking him to play.

Sylvester Igbonu Offensive Midfield 6/10 Igbonu was Jekyll and Hyde on Tuesday. Maybe the pitch did not help his cause though he gave a whole-hearted display which Oliseh rates highly.

Moses Simon Forward 8/10 The very bright spark in the team. Composed, skillful and direct, his free kick was a peach. If the Eagles can get a great passer in midfield, Simon can grow to become one of Africa’s best very soon. Imagine having him, Victor Moses and Musa behind the main striker…

Ahmed Musa Forward 5/10 Underwhelming performance from the captain – who may be suffering some burn-out. He has played consistently at a high level for the past 18 months.

Odion Ighalo Forward 6/10 The Watford striker seems to be trying to do too much and too many things at the same time. Oliseh needs to give him more confidence for him to fulfill his potential in the national colours.

Substitutes
Ezekiel Bassey Forward 6/10 Was really direct and ready to take on the opponents at every given opportunity. Another good player from the NPFL.

Obafemi Martins Forward 5/10 The Seattle Sounders forward would have wanted more time on the pitch but he showed that he could still be useful to the Eagles.

Elderson Echiejile Left Back NA Was not on the pitch for much time to be rated.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/193423-analysis-how-super-eagles-players-rated-against-swaziland.html/amp&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiQsYCzgN7UAhUDEVAKHYmpDS4QFggnMAQ&q=Nigeria+vs+Swaziland+players+ratings&usg=AFQjCNEZNvcrHAFAF_SohQH-SeOZyGQfIQ

You have been caught pants down again. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Forgiveness... Forgiveness.... Your campaign for Martins is dead on arrival.
*smiles*

Isn't it so obvious already? wink

And there was nothing mischievous about my comments on him having bad games because he indeed had bad games.

Besides I was specific in my focus at Afcon 2006. So you can choose to run with whatever lies that can make you have a good day or good night rest. grin. Make-believe and Self-deceit is allowed afterall... it is a free world. cheesy

And yes oooo... Martins did nothing that day. He was ghost-like as anything on the field. How come you make a case for 5/10 when A 5/10 Iheanacho in ratings done by just about anyone will always get a really big stick from you and seeing you running all over the thread like a town crier screaming,

"Iheanacho is not good enough... bla bla bla.... Solanke is better bla bla..."

Fact is you said he had a hand in the second goal... and I exposed your lies once more. Martins DID NOTHING. Now you run to google to pick out a stat that managed to gift Martins 5/10... when a host of others even scored him lower.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... you Forgiveness are a character indeed.

Abeg... I am done with your dirty and unintelligent arguments. You are now shifting shapes and changing contours and colors at will.... man, take a hike. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd, how times you don lie btw Sunday, shocked and today? shocked grin

Which position did Martins play, in the midfield or as a striker? shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Who did he replace? shocked grin

I don give you expo na..... grin

Player ratings: Nigeria vs Swaziland

It's been a while I did player rating for Eagles matches, but I'm deciding to do for this match.

Yet again, the SE struggled against an unrated African opposition. But for the for the wastefulness of the Swaziland team, they could have actually gone ahead as they had more scoring chances.

Carl Ikeme
Not tested much. No fantastic save to remember. He spent too much time dressing ball and sometimes killed tempo of game when he should have released the ball faster. Appeared composed nonetheless. 6/10

Abdullah Shehu
The right back was aweful in the first half. He didn't do much. He set too many feet wrong. He needs to work more to be rated as a professional that is capable of donning Nigerian national team jersey. 4/10

Efe Ambrose
Mr Cut. He appeared confident at the back with his signature cutting. He is becoming predictable and some opponents coaches may train their strikers on how to collect him from his cut. He also made an attempt to score from his trademark header in the second half. 5/10

Godfrey Oboabona
This guy returned to SE to have one of his worst games. His past rating has continued to wane and that may explain he is stuck to backwater club in Turkey. His passes were as poor as his defensive ability. A bad game. 3/10

Elderson Echiejile
The Monaco has toned down on his attacking style. He didn't link up with attack as he is known for. He could have done better. 4/10

Onazi Ogenyi
Hardworking but no sense. He plays in a world class team and much was expected of him. He needs to up his game. He gave away ball too easily. 4/10

Mikel Obi
Well, well, he may not be living to expectation but it was still glaring that he was a class ahead of his peers. He made flashes of passes - some accurate, some not so. He fell down too easily and also gave away possession a couple of time. Yet, it was glaring he was our best player. Removing him was a tactical blunder, IMO. 6/10.

Ahmed Musa

An off day for the skipper. Not sure he has the charisma to carry this team. Hugely talented, but today's game is one reason why pundits often use him and inconsistency in the same sentence. No good runs. No good pass. A bad game. 4/10

Moses Simon
He failed to live to expectation as the star of the recent victory versus Cameroun. Made made flashes of brilliance, but no result. 4/10

Odion Ighalo
Not much was seen of him. It appeared there was a disconnect between midfield and attack. The highly rated striker did not live to billing. 4/10

Rabiu Ibrahim
Came in, played for few minutes before being yanked off again. Meant to assist Mikel in the midfield but nothing was seen of him. 2/10

Obafemi Martins
Mikel was, IMO,wrongfully removed and Martins deployed to play in the midfield, when Mikel should be retained and allowed to feed Martins who should have replaced Musa or Simon. He showed his fighting spirit and did well trying to mark and distribute ball to the strikers. A decent return. 6/10

Kelechi Iheanacho
A debut the Man City youngster will like to forget in a hurry. Gave ball away, no accurate passes. Lost at some other times. 2/10

Oliseh: Did well by recalling Martins to SE team. I think removing Mikel was not optimal. For not winning this match, I'm rating him 4/10.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://www.nairaland.com/2734888/player-rating-nigeria-vs-swaziland&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj_jrnChN7UAhWGJ1AKHcXZBScQFggaMAA&q=Nigeria+0+-+0++Swaziland+players+ratings&usg=AFQjCNFoCj7fVcvR3oKGyyhdiEsFPEdyFw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Meet Henry Onyekuru: Everton's new Nigerian raised by Qataris in Belgium

Reports suggest a deal has been agreed for the 19-year-old Nigerian to join Everton this summer. But what's his story? Michael Yokhin tells the intriguing tale so far
@https://twitter.com/@Yokhin

The 60-second story

Henry Onyekuru, the Nigerian prodigy who is about to celebrate his 20th birthday next week, has been the revelation of the season in Belgium for newly promoted Eupen.

His 12 goals in 28 regular season matches earned him plenty of attention at first, but he followed them up with another 11 in 10 games during the play-offs for a Europa League spot. His form over the last two months was nothing short of sensational. Add nine assists, and you get an incredible record.

It’s hardly surprising that 10 British clubs – nine from the Premier League, plus Celtic – had reportedly targeted Onyekuru this summer. The latest stories suggest that Everton have landed the youngster, and will loan him out to Anderlecht for next season.

Onyekuru helped Eupen finish third in the six-team Europa league Playoffs

Why you need to know him

It’s important to understand Onyekuru's background, and that means understanding Eupen.

"Onyekuru dreams of playing for the Gunners and Thierry Henry has always been his idol, which is why he puts only his first name on the back of his shirt"

The small club from the German-speaking region of Belgium was taken over by Qatar’s Aspire Zone Foundation five years ago. A very curious business established in 2004 by the very top government officials, Aspire is supposed to promote football all over the globe, and apparently puts emphasis on Africa.

The Qataris built a state-of-the-art Aspire Football Dreams academy in Senegal, and describe it as a humanitarian project. They claim to have trialled 430,000 children before picking the most talented ones – and Onyekuru was one of them, having impressed enough to join Aspire from his small Lagos youth team in 2012.

The man responsible for unearthing Onyekuru's talents is Josep Colomer, a former director at La Masia who was directly involved in developing Leo Messi's talents. The fact that Colomer was recruited by the Qataris is hardly surprising, because they have good ties with Barcelona – including the famous shirt sponsorship. Xavi, who now plays in Qatar, is one of Aspire's global ambassadors, and is also named as an academy advisor.

Onyekuru has been bothering goalkeepers in Belgium all season

In 2012, the Qataris decided to buy Eupen in order to enable academy graduates to get experience in a significant European league. Colomer is now Eupen's sporting director, while the coach – the magnificently named Jordi Condom – is also a Barcelona playing graduate who worked at La Masia for six years. This project is Catalan at heart, and Eupen tend to play possession football. Former Barcelona striker Jeffren Suarez, who scored in the famous 5-0 win over Real Madrid in 2010, is the most famous name in their squad.

The Aspire Zone Foundation's use of Eupen is not dissimilar to the way the ASEC Mimosas academy tried to use Beveren in the beginning of the 2000s. Jean-Marc Guillou, a close friend of Arsene Wenger, acquired the club back then so that his Ivorian youngsters would be able to play in Belgium – the most famous of them being Yaya Toure.
Unlike ASEC Mimosas, though, Aspire are a multinational project, and academy graduates from Nigeria, Senegal, Mali, South Africa and Qatar have found their way to Eupen.

So far, Onyekuru has turned out to be the best of them by a huge distance, but the Qataris never need money and the player’s efforts to get transferred to Celtic in January were unsuccessful. Eupen refused to sell, and when the striker went AWOL in protest, they simply banished him to the reserve side.

Eventually, Onyekuru apologised and returned stronger than ever. Fans whistled him for a while, but his superb form forced them to change their minds and he became an idol once more.

In order to make peace with the youngster, Aspire promised to let him go in the summer, and the interest from Premier League clubs has been a blessing. Onyekuru had dreamt of playing for the Gunners and Thierry Henry has always been his idol, which is why he puts only his first name on the back of his shirt. But Everton could be a fine move for him, via a stint with a much bigger Belgian club in Anderlecht.

Onyekuru has honored his Arsenal hero

Strengths

Onyekuru's style is actually quite similar to that of Henry. The Nigerian claims that centre-forward is his best position, but he’s frequently used on the left wing.

His dribbling skills are phenomenal, and he is especially good when running at defenders at full speed – it’s how he scored a breathtaking goal against Mouscron, leaving five opponents in his wake.

The self-confident Onyekuru is a cool finisher well beyond his age, and possesses a terrific shot with his right foot. The Aspire academy and Eupen cherish technical skills, and that’s why the Nigerian has made such phenomenal progress over the years. Football-wise, he is very well educated.

Weaknesses

Onyekuru is still very inexperienced at a high level, is yet to make his international debut for Nigeria and can't be fully judged by his efforts against mediocre opposition in Belgium.

"Onyekuru can't be fully judged by his efforts against mediocre opposition in Belgium"

He tends to be a bit selfish, and his ball distribution leaves a lot to be desired. The 19-year-old’s left foot is much weaker, and his heading needs to improve significantly. His attitude could be a problem as well, as exemplified by his rather volatile attempts to force a transfer.

They said...

"Onyekuru is way too good for the Belgian league and deserves a big move," says Belgian journalist Sven Claes.

Did you know?

Onyekuru is so ambitious that he promised his mother that he’d score 25 goals in the 2016/17 season. Adding his two strikes in the Belgian Cup to the 23 league goals, the Nigerian was true to his word.

Source: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-henry-onyekuru-evertons-new-nigerian-admirer-raised-qataris-belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ehmmmm Forgiveness... do me a small favor will you.

Please stop acting childish by spamming my mentions. Leave me out of your dirty blindfold analyses from now on okay.

I tried to indulge you hoping you will be more sensible but it is obvious the "Dirty" biased mind in you cannot be swayed. Right from the beginning, many on here know what you stand for but are just being courteous about it for the sake of the thread.

You are ready to sacrifice The Excellent quality of A player doing it in the world's toughest league and having stats and records backing him up just to make a silly case for mediocrity because of...... *we know why* topped up with lies and half-truths.

Martins was zero against Swaziland in both legs. As a striker he failed. HE ALSO HAD NO HAND IN OUR SECOND GOAL IN CONTRADICTION TO WHAT YOU HAVE REPEATEDLY SCREAMED FROM THE ROOFTOPS. He had no influence on the 2-0 scoreline in the second leg.

All these few (two) ratings you throw around are just to placate his experience. Many other ratings scored him lower. But really I have not the time for this kinda talk anymore. I have moved on. I respect Martins but right now, he is way past his prime as shown against Kenya, Swaziland and Swaziland again. Each time he get called back, he doesn't deliver.
#fact.

So plsss kindly stop spamming my mentions. Thank you. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
I had said I'd rather use him as a CF. how did I know?

TheSuperNerd:
Meet Henry Onyekuru: Everton's new Nigerian raised by Qataris in Belgium

The 60-second story

Henry Onyekuru, the Nigerian prodigy who is about to celebrate his 20th birthday next week, has been the revelation of the season in Belgium for newly promoted Eupen.

His 12 goals in 28 regular season matches earned him plenty of attention at first, but he followed them up with another 11 in 10 games during the play-offs for a Europa League spot. His form over the last two months was nothing short of sensational. Add nine assists, and you get an incredible record.

It’s hardly surprising that 10 British clubs – nine from the Premier League, plus Celtic – had reportedly targeted Onyekuru this summer. The latest stories suggest that Everton have landed the youngster, and will loan him out to Anderlecht for next season.

Why you need to know him

It’s important to understand Onyekuru's background, and that means understanding Eupen.

"Onyekuru dreams of playing for the Gunners and Thierry Henry has always been his idol, which is why he puts only his first name on the back of his shirt"

The small club from the German-speaking region of Belgium was taken over by Qatar’s Aspire Zone Foundation five years ago. A very curious business established in 2004 by the very top government officials, Aspire is supposed to promote football all over the globe, and apparently puts emphasis on Africa.

The Qataris built a state-of-the-art Aspire Football Dreams academy in Senegal, and describe it as a humanitarian project. They claim to have trialled 430,000 children before picking the most talented ones – and Onyekuru was one of them, having impressed enough to join Aspire from his small Lagos youth team in 2012.

The man responsible for unearthing Onyekuru's talents is Josep Colomer, a former director at La Masia who was directly involved in developing Leo Messi's talents. The fact that Colomer was recruited by the Qataris is hardly surprising, because they have good ties with Barcelona – including the famous shirt sponsorship. Xavi, who now plays in Qatar, is one of Aspire's global ambassadors, and is also named as an academy advisor.

In 2012, the Qataris decided to buy Eupen in order to enable academy graduates to get experience in a significant European league. Colomer is now Eupen's sporting director, while the coach – the magnificently named Jordi Condom – is also a Barcelona playing graduate who worked at La Masia for six years. This project is Catalan at heart, and Eupen tend to play possession football. Former Barcelona striker Jeffren Suarez, who scored in the famous 5-0 win over Real Madrid in 2010, is the most famous name in their squad.

The Aspire Zone Foundation's use of Eupen is not dissimilar to the way the ASEC Mimosas academy tried to use Beveren in the beginning of the 2000s. Jean-Marc Guillou, a close friend of Arsene Wenger, acquired the club back then so that his Ivorian youngsters would be able to play in Belgium – the most famous of them being Yaya Toure.
Unlike ASEC Mimosas, though, Aspire are a multinational project, and academy graduates from Nigeria, Senegal, Mali, South Africa and Qatar have found their way to Eupen.

So far, Onyekuru has turned out to be the best of them by a huge distance, but the Qataris never need money and the player’s efforts to get transferred to Celtic in January were unsuccessful. Eupen refused to sell, and when the striker went AWOL in protest, they simply banished him to the reserve side.

Eventually, Onyekuru apologised and returned stronger than ever. Fans whistled him for a while, but his superb form forced them to change their minds and he became an idol once more.

In order to make peace with the youngster, Aspire promised to let him go in the summer, and the interest from Premier League clubs has been a blessing. Onyekuru had dreamt of playing for the Gunners and Thierry Henry has always been his idol, which is why he puts only his first name on the back of his shirt. But Everton could be a fine move for him, via a stint with a much bigger Belgian club in Anderlecht.

Strengths

Onyekuru's style is actually quite similar to that of Henry. The Nigerian claims that centre-forward is his best position, but he’s frequently used on the left wing.

His dribbling skills are phenomenal, and he is especially good when running at defenders at full speed – it’s how he scored a breathtaking goal against Mouscron, leaving five opponents in his wake.

The self-confident Onyekuru is a cool finisher well beyond his age, and possesses a terrific shot with his right foot. The Aspire academy and Eupen cherish technical skills, and that’s why the Nigerian has made such phenomenal progress over the years. Football-wise, he is very well educated.

Weaknesses

Onyekuru is still very inexperienced at a high level, is yet to make his international debut for Nigeria and can't be fully judged by his efforts against mediocre opposition in Belgium.

"Onyekuru can't be fully judged by his efforts against mediocre opposition in Belgium"

He tends to be a bit selfish, and his ball distribution leaves a lot to be desired. The 19-year-old’s left foot is much weaker, and his heading needs to improve significantly. His attitude could be a problem as well, as exemplified by his rather volatile attempts to force a transfer.

They said...

"Onyekuru is way too good for the Belgian league and deserves a big move," says Belgian journalist Sven Claes.

Did you know?

Onyekuru is so ambitious that he promised his mother that he’d score 25 goals in the 2016/17 season. Adding his two strikes in the Belgian Cup to the 23 league goals, the Nigerian was true to his word.

Source: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-henry-onyekuru-evertons-new-nigerian-admirer-raised-qataris-belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
After all the brouhaha Everton snatched him without too much talk. I've stopped following transfer rumors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dedebanky85:
In the next 3 months I expect to see hin with Mohawk with his head fried and all that. Nithing against the hairstyle as I've also worn it in the past but I'm just trying to point something out that Nigerian players tend to lose focus once they've gone abroad especially this newer generation players. I hope Obinna is focused cos I see massive potential in this boy. I really liked his MF combo with Matthews and idowu in Senegal. Talking of Idowu where is that very disciplined number 4. That is too disciplined that I know he could go his whole career without ever scoring a goal but u damn sure not to concede as many.

Lol... I can relate with what you are saying about the hairstyles don by most Nigerian players abroad. The hairstyle was one of the reasons I left football due to the fact that diminutive players like me(back then) weren't imposing and menacing with our stature to our opponents so back then my coach do instruct me to keep dreads and encouraging beards and moustache growth. I could remember then, I was always dropped in games or at least I will be introduced when the match is all but lost, I was turned into a training material despite the fact that I was a baller all because I wasn't too imposing and my beards or moustache refused to grow ( I was 17 and I wonder how my coach will need me to grow beards at that prepubescent stage). most players do that to be menacing to their opponents.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Joebie:
After all the brouhaha Everton snatched him without too much talk. I've stopped following transfer rumors
I even got fed up with the Kelechi transfer news, too much twists and turns, I can't deal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
Looolll... all the talks of Westham, westham, West ham.... arsenal, Swansea.. even Birmingham...

Everton was mentioned very early too shaa... but then they just calmed down and now see the result.

Anyway shaa... until they unveil him officially, I am still not buying it 100%. cheesy

Transfers get as dem be... lol

Joebie:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
In one of the very first mentions of Onyekuru on this thread way back by Sir Tbaba1234 and myself.... we said, combining our comments, that Henry is mainly LWF who can also feature as a RWF and occasionally as CF.

So it is no new info really. But the thing is... some are saying Iheanacho is not a lukaku or drogba looking at the physical side of hold-up plays and Playing with back to goal.
And that is true.

Is it now Henry you will put there for them to come for your head? cheesy

But lemme tell you my short opinion. He can play the CF role but NOT conventionally as people expect but that is up to the coach. But yes he can...

Joebie:
I had said I'd rather use him as a CF. how did I know?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2017

Henry Onyekluru © Gallo Images

Onyekluru checks in at Everton

Everton will sign Nigerian striker Henry Onyekluru from Belgian side KAS Eupen and then loan him to Anderlecht for next season, British media reported on Tuesday.

After a standout season in Belgium's top flight in which he finished top scorer with 22 goals in 38 games, the 20-year-old striker had been linked with a number of clubs including Arsenal.

Having agreed personal terms, Onyekluru underwent a medical at Everton on Monday, several media outlets said. No fee was reported.

Onyekluru, who has won one cap for the Super Eagles, will become Everton's third signing of the summer. Jordan Pickford arrived from Sunderland for 30 million pounds ($38.3 million) and midfielder Davy Klaassen cost 25 million pounds from Ajax.

Spain under-21 striker Sandro Ramirez has also been linked with the Merseyside club.

Source: https://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/170627/Onyekluru_checks_in_at_Everton

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
*Yawns*

Martins was the Eagles' first choice striker in that era Oga. Yakubu hardly benched him He played alongside him in attack. #fact

Kanu also was never played as the major point man for Nigeria. It was Martins #Fact.

Aghahowa in 2006 was either playing alongside Martins or left on the bench because of Martins... #anotherFact

And my focus was always and always on Afcon 2006... I said in the first place I was typing from memory of long ago and when I say some games... I don't restrict it to just the qualifiers...... and yes I was 12.... Shocking to you? wink But you narrowed it down to just the WC qualifiers prior to 2006 just to suit your arguments as usual and ignoring his Afcon 2006 "undesirable" index (according to your logic of undesirable).... which is exactly the point I was making all along.... :>

".....he went two games without delivering.... yet because he remained our best and most lethal... and also has fantastic clinical ratio for club, he was still given a shot against Senegal and he delivered. And thanks to Mikel Obi too."

So why are you now running away from the facts that Martins was our no.1 back then by mentioning his other striking partners?

Oga he has flunked in some games and in as much as he has excelled in several games. So stop your run-arounds. It is very childish.

Martins was our most lethal... and that is why he led then.

Right now it is Iheanacho.... and Martins does not even come close.

So drop your bollocks and move on.

In all your arguments, you have not mentioned who the most lethal is presently...... If it is not Nacho then who naa??

Oga I know the truth is painful to you... but you have to accept it and move on.

Martins was woeful against Lowly Swaziland in both legs and you come here making a case against Nacho who the Algerians praised as one of the key players on the Nigerian side who destroyed them with his off-the-ball movements and high-pressing which constantly drew the Algerian defenders out of their actual defensive shape and positions.
Abeg in Martins' last two games for Nigeria did he do such?? undecided

So much for being the one who call others liars.

Stop the hidden hate you have towards Nacho... it has been there from the moment you called me a liar for sincerely saying he had much better stats in far lesser time than a player you love so much and who I rate too...

" Dominic Solanke "

You are just blinded by Unconditional Love for certain players and subtle dislike for a selected few and just wanna argue nonsense for Nonsense's sake....

Look.. Sir Forgiveness... your illogical and unintelligent analysis is noted okay.

Can't understand how anyone will wanna see past our best starting against Cameoroun up-top....

Just shocking.

P.S: Nacho has smashed records at City.... he has smashed a few records in The EPL with his scoring rate... and you talk silly of him trying to pass Jamb when he has aced the Higher Boards... cheesy grin

If you like make you roar like Lion. You have been found wanting with multiple lies.

Now, you are telling another lie intentionally by claiming Martins was the first choice striker in that era.

Do you want me to bombard you with facts again? grin

You were caught pants down when you said Martins was lost in some of those matches because you wrote it to justify your claims.

Here you are running away from that fact and claiming your focus was only on the AFCON. grin

Oga! What position did Martins play in that tournament? grin

Na so you lie say Martins came to strike against Swaziland in the goalless draw match which is not true. grin

Now, let us test intelligence.

If player failed woefully in the qualifiers, can he be entrusted to play in the main tournament?

That is common sense and logical analyses. It's different from the one you are portraying, Mr intelligent. grin

Iheanacho has failed woefully in the two qualifying matches as a CF but thrived beautifully well as a SS. Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? grin

He may be the best in the EPL as a CF but in the National team, he has failed to impress in that position.

Owobokiri was one of the best CF in Europe but flunked big time at the National team level. That's is the case with Nacho.

You said Martins was woeful in those two matches against Swaziland but the player ratings above proved otherwise. If you are blind to see, the world has seen it.

Therefore, you opinions are noted but inconsequential. Sorry. grin

@bolded 1, YOU ARE NOT AN AUTHORITY IN THIS REGARD. You and I are mere spectators. Ntor. grin

@bolded 2 is unnecessary. Shows alot about one calling one childish. grin

Are you trying to garner sympathizers? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ehmmmm Forgiveness... do me a small favor will you.

Please stop acting childish by spamming my mentions. Leave me out of your dirty blindfold analyses from now on okay.

I tried to indulge you hoping you will be more sensible but it is obvious the "Dirty" biased mind in you cannot be swayed. Right from the beginning, many on here know what you stand for but are just being courteous about it for the sake of the thread.

You are ready to sacrifice The Excellent quality of A player doing it in the world's toughest league and having stats and records backing him up just to make a silly case for mediocrity because of...... *we know why* topped up with lies and half-truths.

Martins was zero against Swaziland in both legs. As a striker he failed. HE ALSO HAD NO HAND IN OUR SECOND GOAL IN CONTRADICTION TO WHAT YOU HAVE REPEATEDLY SCREAMED FROM THE ROOFTOPS. He had no influence on the 2-0 scoreline in the second leg.

All these few (two) ratings you throw around are just to placate his experience. Many other ratings scored him lower. But really I have not the time for this kinda talk anymore. I have moved on. I respect Martins but right now, he is way past his prime as shown against Kenya, Swaziland and Swaziland again. Each time he get called back, he doesn't deliver.
#fact.

So plsss stop kindly spamming my mentions. Thank you. smiley

Not until I responding to my mentions.

Not until I treat your lies than I can take a chill. Young man. Adult. grin

Ps: in the face of facts this boiiiii can't eat his humble pie. So, much about the one with INTERGRITY. SMF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dedebanky85:
In the next 3 months I expect to see hin with Mohawk with his head fried and all that. Nithing against the hairstyle as I've also worn it in the past but I'm just trying to point something out that Nigerian players tend to lose focus once they've gone abroad especially this newer generation players. I hope Obinna is focused cos I see massive potential in this boy. I really liked his MF combo with Matthews and idowu in Senegal. Talking of Idowu where is that very disciplined number 4. That is too disciplined that I know he could go his whole career without ever scoring a goal but u damn sure not to concede as many.

OMG, Oops .

Thanks for bringing to my rememberance the Lad called Idowu.

Dude is a shield,warhorse,great marker and an asset to our team.

Do you know anything about his whereabouts?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Everyone know a liar when they spot one.

Case study is the Solanke-Iheanacho debate. wink

Another case study is saying Martins had a big role in our second goal.

And refusing to acknowledge his poor stats at Afcon 2006 based on the "undesirable" logic you threw around. When Nacho have only had two competitive games of which he was hailed in one by the opposition for being one of the reasons Algeria fell. He influenced the scoreline. The world saw that.. why can't you?

Like I said... I am done replying unintelligent Mentions Mr Forgiveness. Especially when they carry heavy tribalistic tendencies. Solanke, Ajagun, Martins, Kayode... players you will die for and rub yourself in the mud for devoid of honest balanced analysis. Hahahahahahahahaha.... that is shameful.

Plsss stay out of my mentions okay. It is not by force to quote me. Carry on in your self-deceit and going for mediocrity over excellence because of sentiments. That is how you wanna see football. But plsss don't quote me next time. Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

If you like make you roar like Lion. You have been found wanting with multiple lies.

Now, you are telling another lie intentionally by claiming Martins was the first choice striker in that era.

Do you want me to bombard you with facts again? grin

You were caught pants down when you said Martins was lost in some of those matches because you wrote it to justify your claims.

Here you are running away from that facts and claiming your focus was only on the AFCON. grin

Oga! What position did Martins play in that tournament? grin

No so you lie say Martins came to strike against Swaziland in the goalless draw match which is not true. grin

Now, let us test intelligence.

If player failed woefully in the qualifiers, can he be trusted to play in the main tournament?

That is common sense and logical analyses. It's different from the one you are portraying, Mr intelligent. grin

Iheanacho has failed woefully in the two qualifying matches as a CF but thrive beautifully well as a SS. Is that too difficult for you comprehend? grin

He may be the best in the EPL as a CF but in the National team, he has failed to impress in that position.

Owobokiri was one of the best CF in Europe but flunked big time at the National team level. That's is case with Nacho.

You said Martins was woeful in those two matches against Swaziland but the player ratings above proved otherwise. If you are blind to see, the world has seen it.

Therefore, you opinions are noted but inconsequential. Sorry. grin

@bolded 1, YOU ARE NOT AN AUTHORITY IN THIS REGARD. You and I are mere spectators. Ntor. grin

@bolded 2 is unnecessary. Shows alot about one calling one childish. grin

Are you trying to garner sympathizers? grin
Oga Forgiveness, e don do. I won't like it if this debate turns to an avenue for hurling invectives, mudslingings, throwing subliminal slurs and exchange of derogatory remarks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Arsenal Linked Striker Henry Undergoes Medical At Everton

English Premier League side Everton are on the verge of announcing the signing of Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru.

The Eupen frontman jetted into Liverpool from Paris on Monday before undergoing a medical at Everton.

The Toffees plan to loan Onyekuru to Belgian champions Anderlecht for the entirety of the 2017-2018 season.

The 20-year-old received an entry visa to the United kingdom few days ago, which does not mean he has been granted a work permit by the Home Office.

He was linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Swansea City, West Ham and Newcastle United before agreeing terms with the Goodison Park outfit.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : as-eupen.be.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23556

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Sounds almost official to me.... smiley Congrats Henry! wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERTON BEAT ARSENAL IN RACE TO SIGN K.A.S. EUPEN HENRY ONYEKURU
By Shina Oludare

The Toffees have beaten the north London side and they have clinched a deal for one of Nigeria's most exciting young talents

Everton have beaten competition from Arsenal to sign 20-year-old Nigeria forward Henry Onyekuru from K.A.S. Eupen, Goal understands.

The teenage striker was in breath-taking form last season scoring 22 goals in 38 games to finish as joint leading scorer in the Belgian Super League.

And the Toffees got the Nigerian ahead of the Gunners and other top European sides, who all scouted the youngster.

Everton have completed a deal for Henry Onyekuru, last season's top scorer in Belgium. He will spend next 12 months on loan at Anderlecht 12:24 PM - 27 Jun 2017 · Krakow, Poland 410 420 Dominic King @DominicKing_DM Follow

Everton agree deal to sign striker Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen. Joint top scorer in Belgium. Will be loaned to Anderlecht next season 12:45 PM - 27 Jun 2017 235 350 Kaveh Solhekol @SkyKaveh Follow

Onyekuru is believed to have undergone a medical at Everton’s Finch Farm training base on Monday and agreed personal terms – with his contract having a £6.8m release clause.
Despite his move to Goodison Park, he will spend next season on loan at Anderlecht as he does not yet qualify for a United Kingdom work permit.

Kristof Terreur@HLNinEngeland. Henry Onyekuru underwent a medical at Everton yesterday. Will go on loan to Anderlecht. He had a entry visa for UK, not a real work permit. 12:33 PM - 27 Jun 2017 139 161

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/27/36663352/everton-beat-arsenal-in-race-to-sign-kas-eupen-henry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
bigblangston:
Oga Forgiveness, e don do. I won't like it if this debate turns to an avenue for hurling invectives, mudslingings, throwing subliminal slurs and exchange of derogatory remarks.

he didn't start it you know, maybe you should caution the two parties not just one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mickael2:

he didn't start it you know, maybe you should caution the two parties not just one
I would have but the other party from his comment said he's not interested in the issue again but forgiveness is still inciting him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Madura United Negotiate Contract Extension With Impressive Odemwingie

Indonesian top division side, Madura United FC have opened talks for a possible contract extension with their marquee player, Peter Odemwingie, Completesportsinigeria.com reports.

Odemwingie joined the club in March on a short term deal, and has since been a big hit in the Indonesia's top tier Liga 1 scoring nine goals and providing four assists in his first 10 games to emerge the top scorer in the division.

"We are discussing and we hope it ends well," Madura United coach, Gomes de Oliviera told the club's official website.

"Odemwingie has made good contribution."

Madura FC sit second in the log after 11 games with 22 points, one adrift leaders PSM (Persatuan Sepakbola Makassar).

They face Borneo next Tuesday 4th July.

The 35 year old Odemwingie is third former Premier League star to join the Indonesian league this year after ex-Chelsea stars Michael Essien and Carlton Cole signed for Indonesian champions Persib Bandung.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/madura-united-negotiate-contract-extension-impressive-odemwingie/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Forgiveness... Forgiveness.... Your campaign for Martins is dead on arrival.
*smiles*

Isn't it so obvious already? wink

And there was nothing mischievous about my comments on him having bad games because he indeed had bad games.

Besides I was specific in my focus at Afcon 2006. So you can choose to run with whatever lies that can make you have a good day or good night rest. grin. Make-believe and Self-deceit is allowed afterall... it is a free world. cheesy

And yes oooo... Martins did nothing that day. He was ghost-like as anything on the field. How come you make a case for 5/10 when A 5/10 Iheanacho in ratings done by just about anyone will always get a really big stick from you and seeing you running all over the thread like a town crier screaming,

"Iheanacho is not good enough... bla bla bla.... Solanke is better bla bla..."

Fact is you said he had a hand in the second goal... and I exposed your lies once more. Martins DID NOTHING. Now you run to google to pick out a stat that managed to gift Martins 5/10... when a host of others even scored him lower.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... you Forgiveness are a character indeed.

Abeg... I am done with your dirty and unintelligent arguments. You are now shifting shapes and changing contours and colors at will.... man, take a hike. cheesy

@bolded 1, It is part of our civil rights to express ourselves. Stop acting as if you are an authority in this regard and as if we are still in Autocratic democracy.

@bolded 2, you were caught pants down. No tory. grin

What position did Martins play in the 2006 AFCON? I go open your yanch if you lie again. grin

Kelechi rating against Algeria. Read the content. grin

KELECHI IHEANACHO 5/10

Led the attack for the Super Eagles but never really made much impact in the game.

Iheanacho ratings against South Africa. Read the content and see his poor ratings. Now, that is the difference between Martins 5/10 rating and Iheanacho 5/10 rating. Comprehend grin

Kelechi Iheanacho – Played as a lone forward leaving him with so much work to do especially as those playing behind him didn’t do enough to move the ball to him quickly. Another top player who failed to justify his tag…..2/10

Kelechi Iheanacho: His only contribution was a pass to Etebo who missed from a good scoring position. Was later yanked off for Olanrewaju Kayode which did not go down well with him as he made no effort to hurry out of the pitch while the scoreline was still 1-0 (3/10).

@bolded 3, oh, I erred. But you, how many lies you don lie today?

My friend, YOU HAVE SHOWN YOURSELF UNINTELIGENT. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Everyone know a liar when they spot one.

Case study is the Solanke-Iheanacho debate. wink

Another case study is saying Martins had a big role in our second goal.

And refusing to acknowledge his poor stats at Afcon 2006 based on the "undesirable" logic you threw around. When Nacho have only had two competitive games of which he was hailed in one by the opposition for being one of the reasons Algeria fell. He influenced the scoreline. The world saw that.. why can't you?

[b]Like I said... I am done replying unintelligent Mentions Mr Forgiveness. Especially when they carry heavy tribalistic tendencies. Solanke, Ajagun, Martins, Kayode... players you will die for and rub yourself in the mud for devoid of honest balanced analysis. Hahahahahahahahaha.... that is shamefu[/b]l.

Plsss stay out of my mentions okay. It is not by force to quote me. Carry on in your self-deceit and going for mediocrity over excellence because of sentiments. That is how you wanna see football. But plsss don't quote me next time. Thank You.

Only two case studies!? grin

I will list yours in fullness of time because they are to numerous. Chai! grin

If Iheanacho can't deliver in the qualifiers na for main tournament where the gladiator are, em go deliver con take shine? shocked grin

Use your brain Mr logic and intelligence. grin

@bolded statement are made by weak minds. Bhuuuhahaha!

All my argument so far are justified.

Solanke is now the current best player of the U20 WC Tournament. Bhuuuhahaha! Na tribalism vote am put?

Kayode is currently the the highest goal scorer and the best player in the Austrian league. Na me do am? grin

Martins still dey score left right and center. Na me carry em leg dey score goals?

Ajagun dey win MOTM left right and center. But you no dey think. cheesy grin

All in your weak mind is anyone supporting good product na Tribalist.

Are you not one for dying put untop Iheanacho, Nwakali, Iwobi etc? shocked grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
komekn:

If you do not take proper care of your present continous there will be no future to take care of or build upon.

You do not build on air but a foundation, a foundation set and created by experienced, proven and tested players.

So is Ndidi present continous or not? What of Iheanacho?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sounds almost official to me.... smiley Congrats Henry! wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERTON BEAT ARSENAL IN RACE TO SIGN K.A.S. EUPEN HENRY ONYEKURU
By Shina Oludare

The Toffees have beaten the north London side and they have clinched a deal for one of Nigeria's most exciting young talents

Everton have beaten competition from Arsenal to sign 20-year-old Nigeria forward Henry Onyekuru from K.A.S. Eupen, Goal understands.

The teenage striker was in breath-taking form last season scoring 22 goals in 38 games to finish as joint leading scorer in the Belgian Super League.

And the Toffees got the Nigerian ahead of the Gunners and other top European sides, who all scouted the youngster.

Onyekuru is believed to have undergone a medical at Everton’s Finch Farm training base on Monday and agreed personal terms – with his contract having a £6.8m release clause.
Despite his move to Goodison Park, he will spend next season on loan at Anderlecht as he does not yet qualify for a United Kingdom work permit.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/27/36663352/everton-beat-arsenal-in-race-to-sign-kas-eupen-henry

I just knew Wenger will miss out on Onyekuru. I see a bring future in this young man. Wish him the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Only two case studies!? grin

I will list yours in fullness of time because they are to numerous. Chai! grin

If Iheanacho can't deliver in the qualifiers na for main tournament where the gladiator are, em go deliver con take shine? shocked grin

Use your brain Mr logic and intelligence. grin

@bolded statement are made by weak minds. Bhuuuhahaha!

All my argument so far are justified.

Solanke is now the current best player of the U20 WC Tournament. Bhuuuhahaha! Na tribalism vote am put?

Kayode is currently the the highest goal scorer and the best player in the Austrian league. Na me do am? grin

Martins still dey score left right and center. Na me carry em leg dey score goals?

Ajagun dey win MOTM left right and center. But you no dey think. cheesy grin

All in your weak mind is anyone supporting good product na Tribalist.

Are you not one for dying put untop Iheanacho, Nwakali, Iwobi etc? shocked grin
it is OK please
let's leave these matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hustleranthem(m), Marjoribanks, AndSunGorilla, forgiveness and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.