Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11739822 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

I should be the one who has been patient for receiving trash here not you.

I am just trying to vomit the trash I have received so far but you are here complaining.

Comment like this can only break up this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mickael2:

shut down the thread because of one loss? it doesn't really make much sense and we should all be ashamed. It's just something that happens all we need to do is quench these useless debates and try to be objective. we used to have similar arguments back then like I remember Oshaniwa vs Echejile but the difference then was that nobody was insulting the other, we could go 10 pages without even perceiving the slightest scent of an insult, now it seems to be the order of the day.

Some things need to stop;
1) Forgiveness you need to stop attacking Icon4s it makes absolutely no sense that whenever he says something creative you start calling him a tribalist even when it isn't related to the problem. if you must disagree with him please outline your points respectfully

2) we need to change this perception that once you criticize a player it makes you a hater. theSuperNerd is the main person here and that is why I respect Icon4s here and Tbaba if you criticize their player they will come out with sound reasons to defend them not just tagging you a hater and reeling out insults, that drives people away

3) we all need to remember why this thread is here, we have an aim to maintain this thread till 2022 to see how our predictions for that world cup will go. we all believe that Nigeria can finally get it right at that tourney it would be a shame if we don't get to celebrate that together
you're spot on...
but that first point... calling icon4s a tribalist make me laugh ...
i never knew his tribe until the day......he said it.himself and the state he hails from...
likewise many here...but not the case for other persons....from the players they advocate for you will just knw their tribe...
I really don't wanna have online issues wit anyone that's why I am just being quiet...
but good you came to the rescue wit this...but I still don't agree on your take on Supernerd.
should we wanna advocate for certain players or make case fr them...we need not rubbish others... that's the point I really think annoys some of us here...supernerd inclusive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Petrobros:

You have always been directly an Allie of forgiveness right from the Rio Olympics thread.

No crime in that. It is only normal for people of same interests to form allies.

grin

Being an Allied to someone is different from being sympathetic to someone Dude. In fact I salute the Courage and Bravery of Forgiveness.

Despite the Opposition, Tantrums, Shades and so on, he keeps following the Group from Thread to Thread.

There are some Issues we can discuss fairly and jokingly, but Dudes would rather go against you as far as you ain't toeing their Part.

I do say it here that..... we can't always be on the same Page as Regard every Discourse on the Thread, hence we should try to accommodate and tolerate each others.

The Names Forgiveness is often mentioning here, ain't they Nigerians?! Ain't they deserve to be given a Chance?! Has Ajagun ever tested at all?! Kayode forced himself for Call-up with his outstanding Performance last Season for his Club so is Onyekuru.

While majority were calling for the Invitation of Onyekuru because of magical Exploits with Eupen, only a few were asking for Kayode's Call up. Why?!

Kayode represented the Country at Youth Levels, his Mates are already donning the SE Jersey, why is he sidelined. This is someone that has proven himself as a Goal Scorer for his Club. This is someone that does Play European Footie with his Club Side.

We want Osimhen in the Team, but Kayode is too average to lead the Attack for the SE. Where is the Fairness if a Player who only played 45mins of Football last Season for his Club is believed to be exceptionally qualified to lead the SE Attack to a Golden Boot Winner of the Austria League?!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
Petrobros:
Objectivity on this thread was lost the day Nigeria lost to South Africa

Some became personal attorneys to their favorite players.
Some saw this as an opportunity to retable their favorite players.

All I see is sentiments, hate, tribalism, favouritism and what have you.

Oga Joseph1013, the original poster, is no where to be found. Tbaba1234 has gone to celebrate Salah, safarigirl is probably more occupied in some other thread.

No more gentlemanly discussions that this thread has been known for.

Can we move a motion for the shut down of this thread already?

if you were here when we had mikel e-war you will not be thinking that this Thread will be closed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:

you're spot on...
but that first point... calling icon4s a tribalist make me laugh ...
i never knew his tribe until the day......he said it.himself and the state he hails from...
likewise many here...but not the case for other persons....from the players they advocate for you will just knw their tribe...
I really don't wanna have online issues wit anyone that's why I am just being quiet...
but good you came to the rescue wit this...but I still don't agree on your take on Supernerd.
should we wanna advocate for certain players or make case fr them...we need not rubbish others... that's the point I really think annoys some of us here...supernerd inclusive

I will not include something I am not sure of, I gave him a bait and he took it.
you remember I said Kayode is faster than Nacho, we all know that is true but he jumped in, called me a hater and said Nacho is faster than Kayode. now that particular stuff showed two stuffs, he was actually watering down Kayode's abilities(his strongest point in fact) just because I was comparing him with Nacho and he also called me a hater just because I made a point, and I tried to make him see reasons with me but he started adding insults to his comments and I ignored the rest.

however let's not dwell on that, onwards and upwards

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
maidaboi:
if you were here when we had mikel e-war you will not be thinking that this Thread will be closed

I was part of it but the difference is that nobody was insulting the other and we knew when to stop but this one is getting out of hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Petrobros:

4) People should stop being attorneys to their favorite players. Some can argue with the last blood in their veins just to defend a player they so much idolize. All the players are Nigerians whether foreign born or locally bread. And they all deserve a right to play for their fatherland.

5) Forgiveness. I see reasons with a lot of your points but I think the manner and approach you have adopted will only lead to a thread (ethnic) war here. Nobody is free from tribal sentiments whether knowingly or unknowingly but you don't have to make it too obvious.
exactly bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
What we are experiencing now is the true reflection of how the country operates.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Football is the only thing that bring Nigerians together
this is even the only thread that brings me to nairaland
you guys should calm down please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
Just Passing.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
jamel9:
What we are experiencing now is the true reflection of how the country operates.
exactly my dear....
sometimes we marvel why we clamour for foreign coaches....reason because tribalism is eating many Nigerians deep down.
to be candid wit you.......people should be called and placed in positions because they can deliver and not because of their tribal or religious affiliations...
we lost it here....not because of our individual preference for certain players....after all everyone does even the Europeans who introduced the round leather game, great coaches does same...
but advocating for played on the premise of their tribal background or race is out of point...
such is an obscure journey... often a time it leads to abuse and suspense...reason because we tend see others as antagonist and rival...
these thread is gradually degenerating to what the politics thread look like.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Being an Allied to someone is different from being sympathetic to someone Dude. In fact I salute the Courage and Bravery of Forgiveness.

Despite the Opposition, Tantrums, Shades and so on, he keeps following the Group from Thread to Thread.

There are some Issues we can discuss fairly and jokingly, but Dudes would rather go against you as far as you ain't toeing their Part.

I do say it here that..... we can't always be on the same Page as Regard every Discourse on the Thread, hence we should try to accommodate and tolerate each others.

The Names Forgiveness is often mentioning here, ain't they Nigerians?! Ain't they deserve to be given a Chance?! Has Ajagun ever tested at all?! Kayode forced himself for Call-up with his outstanding Performance last Season for his Club so is Onyekuru.

While majority were calling for the Invitation of Onyekuru because of magical Exploits with Eupen, only a few were asking for Kayode's Call up. Why?!

Kayode represented the Country at Youth Levels, his Mates are already donning the SE Jersey, why is he sidelined. This is someone that has proven himself as a Goal Scorer for his Club. This is someone that does Play European Footie with his Club Side.

We want Osimhen in the Team, but Kayode is too average to lead the Attack for the SE. Where is the Fairness if a Player who only played 45mins of Football last Season for his Club is believed to be exceptionally qualified to lead the SE Attack to a Golden Boot Winner of the Austria League?!
you see....you've started.
if you must make case for certain player...
or advocate for certain players inclusion in the SE...
must you tear down other players?
why try to bring oshimen's case up?
I really thank God....for rohr...had it been he was a Nigerian... he would have been called a tribalist, nepotist etc by now.....
on kayode issue....I personally have advocated for him on these thread...likewise many others...and I think rohr fancy him too...
but wait....if he was that good and far better than henry...why is that foreign clubs especially in the EPL are not queuing up jostling for his signature...
after all those folks are not Nigerians...they don't even know his tribal background...
you think.... the applause and media hype Henry has enjoyed recently has not gone to make rohr notice him......

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
If you have followed these threads long enough there is nothing happening here today that has never happened before.

Let's move on guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Icon4s:
If you have followed these threads long enough there is nothing happening here today that has never happened before.

Let's move on guys.
you're very right
I have been following these thread for a very long time...even before safarigirl exposition on MRI tests and more.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oasis007:

Onyekuru is signed by Everton but will be loaned out to Anderlecht. The Question is; why can't he secure the Work Permit through Exceptional Talent?!

Or you think if Mbappe is signed by any of the EPL Clubs, he won't secure the Work Permit through the same Channel?! Remember Mbappe is younger to Onyekuru.

It's a Pity you could come this Low just to shade Forgiveness, and it's more pitiable for a Veteran on this Thread to back up the Gibberish.

This is a very bright player. But I've watched videos of him and realise he is just too selfish, you'll never thrive in a top league if you play this way. This was acceptable in Eupen, cause they were a just promoted side. But at Anderlecht, dribbling the whole defence and failing to square in to a free man, might result in the loss of a title. And he will also have Champions League experience.

It's easier to deal with the pressure with belgian-gaints like Anderlecht, than English media in a top 8 team called Everton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
The problem is that most of us are after the moniker and not the content or the words of that person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
I just don't enjoy the successful run of these English grade teams... England under 21 just defeated Germany under 21 in penalty shot out.... I really think...we have lost out on Tammy chase
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:

you see....you've started.
if you must make case for certain player...
or advocate for certain players inclusion in the SE...
must you tear down other players?
why try to bring oshimen's case up?
I really thank God....for rohr...had it been he was a Nigerian... he would have been called a tribalist, nepotist etc by now.....
on kayode issue....I personally have advocated for him on these thread...likewise many others...and I think rohr fancy him too...
but wait....if he was that good and far better than henry...why is that foreign clubs especially in the EPL are not queuing up jostling for his signature...
after all those folks are not Nigerians...they don't even know his tribal background...
you think.... the applause and media hype Henry has enjoyed recently has not gone to make rohr notice him......

you are misunderstanding the point he is making.

Ok if I come and tell you that you should stop drinking cowbell and try peak milk I will definitely have to tell you how peak is a better option than Cowbell. that doesn't mean I hate cowbell but I am just trying to explain why peak milk is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:
I just don't enjoy the successful run of these English grade teams...
England under 21 just defeated Germany under 21
in penalty shot out....
I really think...we have lost out on Tammy chase
England lost bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
Not that I am encouraging insults here but what we see here as insults are like complements when compared with what we saw at Kickoffnigeria and Kickoffghana.

That one na international war!

Thank God those sites have been shut-down because as SA beat us eh I for no fit sleep for one week! Those were the days that I could utter any words to defend my beloved country. Ow, that was a time we were being branded as "Super Chickens". Then I fit kill any person wey mentioned that name.

Well, gone are the days.

We should try not to take anything that happens here too seriously. That is how I cope.

We do not have a final say. We are just discussing and sharing opinions.

Talking about victimization and being in almost every body's wrong books. I think I was the first person here to fall into such a situation.

The way I criticised Iheanacho's hype here? I almost got shot with e-guns because of the phrase 'he is not yet there'. I even received a one week ban 'for comment made on sports section' of which I don't understand why till date.

I was about the only person that criticised the Manu led 2015 U20 class here. In fact I recall how I warned us here against Brazil while making reference to Chile '87. Some thought I was high on something.

Nobody wins a prize for winning an argument here. Objectivity should be the watch word. If you know how close Emmanuel Amuneke and I were while growing up you would wonder why I should come here to criticize his 2017 U20 selection.

Sometimes I feel for forgiveness (sincerely) but he should also try not to get too sentimentally attached to issues here. Nothing we discuss here is executed anywhere so it doesn't matter.

Forgiveness you no receive jabs here reach me o. So just calm down. TheSuperNerd is what he is: a young and intelligent analyst. Some times he gets carried away by the passion to defend his points and in the process words that may sound unpleasant to some will start flying. But I also respect him for something. He knows when to stop. I am making reference to forgiveness and TheSuperNerd because their argument today led to the current "bruhaha" we have this evening.

And Forgiveness, you have declared war on me but I just dey look you. I have decided not to quote you or respond to your jabs because I don't take them serious. That's the truth.

Nuff said. Where are oga Joseph1013, terzurum5, Okpekyandega and which other one again sef?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
adegwurulez:
England lost bro
yeah...sorry I thought they won.... just watched the highlight I really thank God for that ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:

yeah...sorry
I thought they won....
just watched the highlight
I really thank God for that ...
Yea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:
yeah...sorry I thought they won.... just watched the highlight I really thank God for that ...
So that what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice development here, the place is heating up everybody grab your partner and let the insult keep flying. Free for all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Icon4s:
Not that I am encouraging insults here but what we see here as insults are like complements when compared with what we saw at Kickoffnigeria and Kickoffghana.

Thank God those sites have been shut-down because as SA beat us eh I for no fit sleep for one week! Those were the days that I could utter any words to defend my beloved country. Ow, that was a time we were being branded as "Super Chickens". Then I fit kill any person wey mentioned that name.

Well, gone are the days.

We should try not to take anything that happens here too seriously. That is how I cope.

Talking about victimization and being in almost every body's wrong books. I think I was the first person here to fall into such a situation.

The way I criticised Iheanacho's hype here? I almost got shot with e-guns because of the phrase 'he is not yet there'. I even received a one week ban 'for comment made on sports section' of which I don't understand why till date.

I was about the only person that criticised the Manu led 2015 U20 class here. In fact I recall how I warned us here against Brazil while making reference to Chile '87. Some thought I was high on something.

Nobody wins a prize for winning an argument here. Objectivity should be the watch word. If you know how close Emmanuel Amuneke and I were while growing up you would wonder why I should come here to criticize his 2017 U20 selection.

Sometimes I feel for forgiveness (sincerely) but he should also try not to get too sentimentally attached to issues here. Nothing we discuss here is executed anywhere so it doesn't matter.

Forgiveness you no receive jabs here reach me o. So just calm down. TheSuperNerd is what he is: a young and intelligent analyst. Some times he gets carried away by the passion to defend his points and in the process words that may sound unpleasant to some will start flying. But I also respect him for something. He knows when to stop. I am making reference to forgiveness and TheSuperNerd because their argument today led to the current "bruhaha" we have this evening.

And Forgiveness, you have declared war on me but I just dey look you. I have decided not to quote you or respond to your jabs because I don't take them serious. That's the truth.

Nuff said. Where are oga Joseph1013, terzurum5, Okpekyandega and which other one again sef?

You feel for forgiveness? Please, if players forgiveness likes do not get picked, he will accuse the coach of corruption. Now he has gone as far as bringing in cult.

SMH.

At least his own people still side with him after repeated baseless attacks and mocking players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
I wonder the time Rohr and Salisu have to form cult. SMH.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
zicky:
Nice development here, the place is heating up everybody grab your partner and let the insult keep flying. Free for all

It was better when I used to Karate and break heads with plank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Humility017:

exactly my dear....
sometimes we marvel why we clamour for foreign coaches....reason because tribalism is eating many Nigerians deep down.
to be candid wit you.......people should be called and placed in positions because they can deliver and not because of their tribal or religious affiliations...
we lost it here....not because of our individual preference for certain players....after all everyone does even the Europeans who introduced the round leather game, great coaches does same...
but advocating for played on the premise of their tribal background or race is out of point...
such is an obscure journey... often a time it leads to abuse and suspense...reason because we tend see others as antagonist and rival...
these thread is gradually degenerating to what the politics thread look like.....
The question is how and when are we going to end this tribal war.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
jamel9:

Very simple.
One person defends Yoruba + Foreign born =
Another defends Foreign born =
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Icons you been de Kickoff? I can never forget ome JudgeDredd guy like this. It was epic. If what we use here is ak47 and rocket launcher, kickoff was nuclear bomb. On kickoff, men de leave ball just to insult people's full life.
But we should try and at least tone it down on here tho...

Icon4s:

Well, gone are the days.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
jamel9:
even as much as some of us try to look the other way, tribalism is very visible in this forum.
One thing I admire about forgiveness before now though am not a fan of his method of arguement (operation bring him down kinda arguement) is his ability to avoid throwing insult even when been attack but the guy just fall my hand.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hmmm dis arguments sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m), EEGA, enlady(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.