Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679856 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:15am On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

No need going into an argument with you on this.

I have made my own point.
Except you see everything as an argument to be won, I don't. we are all here to learn, if someone makes a false statement we correct so others are not misled.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2017
18:00gmt Nigeria vs Sierra Leone. . WAFU cup today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:27am On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

You want to say that has not been the trend?

What trend? Mfon Udoh just had a double digit scoring season playing as a winger. Emem Eduok plays in the Turkish super league with Kasimpasa. Godwin Obaje is doing well for himself still banging goals as the NPFL's highest paid player. Chisom Egbuchalam is in Sweden and his club is fighting for at least a Europa League berth. The only trend I see is people disrespecting home based professionals with no justification.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2017
Kog45:
Thank u my guy coz u are able to understand my simple comment.

As a Nigerian do they expect me to be carrying Spanish players matter for head against my own team.There are things i can say as a football analyst but when it comes to my national team sometimes i w be sentimental especially if someone is trying to rubbish our players at d expense of foreign players i don't take a poo.

Honestly am very conservative when it comes to this,i can even tell u Akpeyi is better than De Gea.Spain may have it good this time around with beautiful players but not to d extent of trying to rubbish your own team not even this young team.

I remember prior to France 98,most people believe Nigeria doesn't have d chance against Spain but at d end what was d result.

We need to give this guys some respect and they deserves it.This is d first time Nigeria is having it so good in a group comprising Algeria, Cameroon, Zambia. Do anybody believe we w have it so good in this group but telling us that hey can't hold it against any team in d world is out of it.

If Spain are beating tough oppositions in their group are we beating minnows here,Cameroon Afcon champion, Algeria a team rated as d best in Africa,Zambia a team to reckon with in Africa.

Thank u my guy for showing simple understanding coz it takes a wise one to understand my point.

first and foremost don't give up common sense just because you want to be patriotic, thank you.

number two, Cameroon were the punching bags at the confederations cup, so the point about them being a strong team isn't true. the last time we met they collected three. Algeria just lost twice to Zambia, hardly the toughest opposition we have ever faced. now don get me wrong, these are strong teams in the African continent Nd we are doing a marvelous job bossing them in the group and the boys have been doing very well but the truth is that we ain't close yet, not at all. we need to keep improving, if that performance against Cameroon is our best then we need help and quick too. most of the people who started this argument with me later got the point and left, your headache I don't know.

Which players did the Spanish team have prior to that world cup in 98? this is their golden generation. as at then all our first team players were playing in top clubs, we had just won the Olympics two years earlier.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Mikel And Pursuit Of Stability To Super Eagles Midfield
Published: September 11, 2017

Gernot Rohr had more than one reason to smile after Nigeria moved closer to qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup following a 1-1 draw with Cameroon last week.
The 1-1 draw in Yaounde was a lesson in what Rhor most crave – control.

It is why possession is their oxygen and why at times in the qualifiers even the use of twin strikers has been sacrificed for more men at the middle.

Rohr's use of Ogenyi Onazi and Wilfred Ndidi as a pairing at the base of the midfield was routinely criticised.

Why, the question is often asked, does a team with so much possession, that almost always has to break down a side with 10 men behind the ball, need two holding midfielders?

Yet, to ask the question is to misunderstand John Obi Mikel's role in this side.

Onazi is the quintessential holder, he is the one who most often regains possession of the ball and fills in for others when they push forward and leave gaps on the counter-attack.

Ndidi helps stabilize the midfield with his energetic and intelligent approach to the game.

Obi's job is rather different. Similar to his role during youth days, when he played alongside Sani Kaita, he is the quarterback, spraying passes to stretch the play and crucially offer longer and more direct passes.

The former Chelsea man also offers the control Rohr desires on the other side of the game.

In the vast majority of cases, a side which possesses the ball for the length of time that Nigeria do will be most vulnerable on the counter-attack as the opposition spring into the spaces left by the Super Eagles caught out of position having moved beyond the ball.

However, this rarely happens to Nigeria as Obi is an insurance policy. He is always there to sweep up and prevent the centre-backs from being dragged out of position.

In a nutshell, you can always count on the former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star to deliver when it matters most.

He still have five more years in him to perform at top level.

Abayomi Ademetan

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2017
Super Eagles To Arrive Match Venue Ninety Minutes Before Kick-off

Super Eagles To Arrive Match Venue Ninety Minutes Before Kick-offThe Super Eagles landed in the Ghanaian capital, Accra last night and immediately proceded to the town of Takoradi by road ahead of Monday’s WAFU Cup of Nations Tournament Group A clash with the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone.

The trip to Takoradi, where all the participating teams except host team Ghana are being accommodated, took four hours.

Nigeria’s flag-bearers are accommodated at the Best Western Hotel in the twin city of Sekondi.

Eagles’ Team Administrator Dayo Enebi Achor confirmed to thenff.com that the Nigerian team would depart Takoradi for Cape Coast (one-and-half hours by road) at 3pm on Monday, for the game against the Leone Stars that is scheduled to kick off at 6pm Ghana time (7pm Nigeria time).

Victory over the Leone Stars will take Nigeria into the tournament’s group phase contest that will see the surviving eight teams divided into two groups of four teams each.

Hosts Ghana and Guinea are among the teams that have made it into the group phase, after the Ghanaians survived a tough duel with The Gambia 1-0 and Guinea came from behind to edge Guinea Bissau 2-1.

Mali will tackle Mauritania in Monday’s first match starting at 3pm Ghana time (4pm Nigeria time).

Eagles’ Head Coach, Salisu Yusuf is using the tournament as part of preparations for next year’s 5th African Nations Championship, for which Nigeria has qualified after edging Benin Republic on aggregate.

Igho Kingsley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2017
Eligreat247:
Super Eagles To Arrive Match Venue Ninety Minutes Before Kick-off

Super Eagles To Arrive Match Venue Ninety Minutes Before Kick-offThe Super Eagles landed in the Ghanaian capital, Accra last night and immediately proceded to the town of Takoradi by road ahead of Monday’s WAFU Cup of Nations Tournament Group A clash with the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone.

The trip to Takoradi, where all the participating teams except host team Ghana are being accommodated, took four hours.

Nigeria’s flag-bearers are accommodated at the Best Western Hotel in the twin city of Sekondi.

Eagles’ Team Administrator Dayo Enebi Achor confirmed to thenff.com that the Nigerian team would depart Takoradi for Cape Coast (one-and-half hours by road) at 3pm on Monday, for the game against the Leone Stars that is scheduled to kick off at 6pm Ghana time (7pm Nigeria time).

Victory over the Leone Stars will take Nigeria into the tournament’s group phase contest that will see the surviving eight teams divided into two groups of four teams each.

Hosts Ghana and Guinea are among the teams that have made it into the group phase, after the Ghanaians survived a tough duel with The Gambia 1-0 and Guinea came from behind to edge Guinea Bissau 2-1.

Mali will tackle Mauritania in Monday’s first match starting at 3pm Ghana time (4pm Nigeria time).

Eagles’ Head Coach, Salisu Yusuf is using the tournament as part of preparations for next year’s 5th African Nations Championship, for which Nigeria has qualified after edging Benin Republic on aggregate.

Igho Kingsley

My prayer is that they don't go there and bomb out because this is not enough time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Mickael2:

first and foremost don't give up common sense just because you want to be patriotic, thank you.

number two, Cameroon were the punching bags at the confederations cup, so the point about them being a strong team isn't true. the last time we met they collected three. Algeria just lost twice to Zambia, hardly the toughest opposition we have ever faced. now don get me wrong, these are strong teams in the African continent Nd we are doing a marvelous job bossing them in the group and the boys have been doing very well but the truth is that we ain't close yet, not at all. we need to keep improving, if that performance against Cameroon is our best then we need help and quick too. most of the people who started this argument with me later got the point and left, your headache I don't know.

Which players did the Spanish team have prior to that world cup in 98? this is their golden generation. as at then all our first team players were playing in top clubs, we had just won the Olympics two years earlier.
My man have made my point cleared to the wise ones.Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Nigerian Exports: Onazi, Nwakali, Ohi & Adegbenro Score, Dessers Assists, Mikel & Ekong Star
Nigerian Exports: Onazi, Nwakali, Ohi & Adegbenro Score, Dessers Assists, Mikel & Ekong StarCatch up on the performances of Nigerian players in league matches across Europe on Sunday, September 10.

We start off at San Mames Barria, where Girona were guests to Athletic Club. Striker Kayode Olarenwaju is still searching for his first goal in the Spanish top-flight, he fired blanks in the 25 minutes he spent on the pitch.

A division lower, ex-Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star Ramon Azeez went the distance in CD Lugo's impressive 1-0 win at Albacete. The number twelve was booked in the 70th minute.

In Italy, Joel Obi subbed out with only ten minutes played in Torino's 1-0 win at Benevento due to injury. The skillful midfielder will undergo tests in the coming hours to determine the extent of his latest injury.

Crotone are without a win after three rounds, they were beaten 1-0 by Cagliari at Sardegna Arena. Lanky striker Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo was a non-playing substitute.

In the Dutch Eredivisie, Arsenal loanee Kelechi Nwakali came off the bench to rescue a point for VVV Venlo in their 1-1 draw with FC Groningen. The attacking midfielder netted 15 minutes into his debut with almost the last kick of the game.

Still in the Netherlands, Super Eagles hopeful Cyril Dessers provided the assist for Utrecht's second goal after 58 minutes in a 2-0 win against Roda at Stadion Galgenwaard. He subbed out ten minutes later.

Former Dream Team invitee Fred Friday was not utilized off the bench as AZ beat NAC Breda 2-1 at AFAS Stadion (Alkmaar).

Across the border in Belgium, Anderson Esiti and Moses Simon started Gent's 1-1 draw with Racing Genk. The defensive midfielder was booked in the 41st minute, while the winger subbed out with 16 minutes left on the clock.

Uche Agbo logged ninety minutes as Standard Liege were held to a goalless draw against pacesetters Sporting Charleroi. The midfielder or defender received a yellow card in the second minute of first-half injury time.

Joseph Akpala was involved for only two minutes after coming off the bench as strugglers KV Oostende were held to a 1-1 draw by Mechelen at AFAS-stadion Achter de Kazerne.

Dream Team VI striker Paul Onuachu replaced Rilwan Hassan after 67 minutes in the seven goal thriller between FC Copenhagen and Midtjylland in the Danish capital.

Super Eagles midfielder Izunna Uzochukwu opened the scoring after seven minutes in OB's 1-1 draw versus Brondby, he was sent off three minutes later for fouling Teemu Pukki from behind.

In the Swedish Allsvenskan, Innocent Bonke watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of Malmo's 2-1 loss to örebro at Behrn Arena.

Kennedy Igboananike put in a full shift for the home team and teammate Michael Omoh played the last seven minutes.

Former Manchester City trialist Ohi Omoijuanfo continues to top the scoring charts in the Norwegian Eliteserien after netting his 15th league goal in Stabæk's 1-1 draw with Aalesund.

Seven Nigerian players made the match day squad as Haugesund shared the spoils with Lillestrom at Haugesund Stadion.

While Ifeanyi Matthew and Charles Chinedu Ezeh started and went the distance for LSK, teammate Moses Ebiye came on the 87th minute, and Chigozie Udoji was an unused substitute.

As for Haugesund , Anthony Ikedi and Shuaibu Ibrahim were introduced in the 74th and 89th minute respectively, while Izuchukwu Anthony was benched.

Usman Sale started and played for 83 minutes as Viking were defeated 3-1 by Sandefjord at Komplett Arena.

Ex-Liverpool trialist Chidera Ejike, wearing the number 40 shirt, put in a full shift in Vaalerenga's 2-1 loss to
Sarpsborg 08.

Super sub Samuel Adegbenro netted his fourth goal in a Rosenborg jersey in their 2-0 road win at Stroemsgodset. The striker came off the bench in the 46th minute before doubling his team's advantage in the 69th minute.

In the Turkish Super Lig, Super Eagles assistant captain Eddy Onazi opened his account for the season in Trabzonspor's 3-1 win versus Gençlerbirliği . He scored in the 90th minute, two minutes after coming on.

Aminu Umar played the first half of Osmanlispor's 2-0 loss to Göztepe in Ankara.

Both William Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu helped the Bursaspor goakeeper to post a shutout in a 3-0 win against Akhisar Belediyespor.

The defender and defensive midfielder logged 90 minutes each, while teammate Onyedika Okoli remained on the bench for the entirety of the game.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--AllNigeriaSoccer

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2017
mostob:
18:00gmt Nigeria vs Sierra Leone. . WAFU cup today

I hope we win this this one if not for anything our FIFA ranking . The 1-0 lose to Benin is already registered on FIFA ranking sheet and is set to negate our win over Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

What trend? Mfon Udoh just had a double digit scoring season playing as a winger. Emem Eduok plays in the Turkish super league with Kasimpasa. Godwin Obaje is doing well for himself still banging goals as the NPFL's highest paid player. Chisom Egbuchalam is in Sweden and his club is fighting for at least a Europa League berth. The only trend I see is people disrespecting home based professionals with no justification.

A league that the difference between the top and bottom team is always less than 10points. Plateau United and MFM are to represent us at the CAF champions league and I am sure you know the expectations of even the Plateau and MFM fans on how far both teams will progress.

The league is in a mess.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2017
Please o, you people should not take anything away from our group of death because of Spain.

Just because Algeria lost form between last year and now, we all want to deny the fact that they were the best team in Africa not too long ago?

Because we won Cameroon 3-0 and 4-0 respectively, and because they were drubbed in Confeds (like every African nation is), we want to take the AFCON Champion status away from them?

At least you have saved Zambia some of their pride ..

Our group is made up of the best team in Southern Africa, the best team in Central Africa, the (former) best team in North Africa and the (second) best team in West Africa.

In European parlance, that would be like having Italy, France, Spain and Netherlands in one group. Nobody would be showboating in such a group.

Abeg, give our team and our group the respect they deserve. E no easy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
zicky:
Except you see everything as an argument to be won, I don't. we are all here to learn, if someone makes a false statement we correct so others are not misled.

Which false statement?

Has any Nigerian Club won any continental title since after Enyimba in 2004?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

I hope we win this this one if not for anything our FIFA ranking . The 1-0 lose to Benin is already registered on FIFA ranking sheet and is set to negate our win over Cameroon.
Really? Does Fifa attach any importance to regional competitions like this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

A league that the difference between the top and bottom team is always less than 10points. Plateau United and MFM are to represent us at the CAF champions league and I am sure you know the expectations of even the Plateau and MFM fans on how far both teams will progress.

The league is in a mess.
Chei!10points difference between the top and bottom,then that's not league,something needs to be done

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
safarigirl:
Please o, you people should not take anything away from our group of death because of Spain.

Just because Algeria lost form between last year and now, we all want to deny the fact that they were the best team in Africa not too long ago?

Because we won Cameroon 3-0 and 4-0 respectively, and because they were drubbed in Confeds (like every African nation is), we want to take the AFCON Champion status away from them?

At least you have saved Zambia some of their pride ..

Our group is made up of the best team in Southern Africa, the best team in Central Africa, the (former) best team in North Africa and the (second) best team in West Africa.

In European parlance, that would be like having Italy, France, Spain and Netherlands in one group. Nobody would be showboating in such a group.

Abeg, give our team and our group the respect they deserve. E no easy
God bless u

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
adegwurulez:

Go to fifa.com , check the rankings page you'll find the results to be used to rank us for September. The CHAN results are included.

I just hope the main Super Eagles will not be working hard to boost our ranking only for the home based to be negating it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
Kog45:
Chei!10points difference between the top and bottom,then that's not league,something needs to be done

Plateau United are champions but when CAF pairs them against a club from Rwanda now they will crash out. They may even relegate next season. That's how bad it is.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
If we fail to call up Dessers for our match against Zambia, forget it.
Belgium would do all they can to cap him immediately.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
Yes our Super Eagles team B performance will impact our ranking I think. It carries less weight though.
adegwurulez:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
I think Rohr should put on standby those in the current set up he is sure he won't field.
And give room for some new players.

junnyjake:
If we fail to call up Dessers for our match against Zambia, forget it.

Belgium would do all they can to cap him immediately.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Kog45:
Thank u my guy coz u are able to understand my simple comment.

As a Nigerian do they expect me to be carrying Spanish players matter for head against my own team.There are things i can say as a football analyst but when it comes to my national team sometimes i w be sentimental especially if someone is trying to rubbish our players at d expense of foreign players i don't take a poo.

Honestly am very conservative when it comes to this,i can even tell u Akpeyi is better than De Gea.Spain may have it good this time around with beautiful players but not to d extent of trying to rubbish your own team not even this young team.

I remember prior to France 98,most people believe Nigeria doesn't have d chance against Spain but at d end what was d result.

We need to give this guys some respect and they deserves it.This is d first time Nigeria is having it so good in a group comprising Algeria, Cameroon, Zambia. Do anybody believe we w have it so good in this group but telling us that hey can't hold it against any team in d world is out of it.

If Spain are beating tough oppositions in their group are we beating minnows here,Cameroon Afcon champion, Algeria a team rated as d best in Africa,Zambia a team to reckon with in Africa.

Thank u my guy for showing simple understanding coz it takes a wise one to understand my point.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
^^^^just the way I told a mate

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2017
this here was my reply

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
Joebie:
Don't you see England speaking with both sides of their mouth. The other day, it should be a thing of pride playing for the 3 Lions. Some of us where towing that line as it applies to SE..

One thing I've learned in this life, to be ahead you have to think ahead of your competition. Just as there is a battle for power and resources in world politics, it also applies to human resources in the form of talents. Sports is not an exception. If you wait to copy, you will always be behind. This is the reason why Nigeria is backward.

I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

The league is in a mess.

The league is in a mess but Odey and Alhassan still got deals at top flight European clubs(Switzerland and Austria). Scouts still see the value in our home based boys its just Nigerians who have not come to the party yet. Remember this was not about the league but Tony Okpotu, though I have absolutely no issue with Plateau and MFM going to the continent. I have watched them live and they both play very positive football, they are teams who play to win rather than draw when they are not at home. Their coaches are two up and coming coaches in Nigerian football and I am even looking forward to seeing them strut their stuff at the continent, mind u CAF will be giving each teams some money prior to take off so this is bound to be interesting. The league was close this season but not so close in the last one. The difference when the Rangers won it was 31points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Go to fifa.com , check the rankings page you'll find the results to be used to rank us for September. The CHAN results are included.

I just hope the main Super Eagles will not be working hard to boost our ranking only for the home based to be negating it.

CHAN is different from WAFU cup na. U do know these guys had matches on Saturday and will only arrive an hour before the match so why are u adding pressure on them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2017
Exclusive – Why Stephen Odey 126 Million Naira Move To FC Zurich Is Not Yet Official
September 11, 2017

An explanation as to why Stephen Odey much celebrated move to Swiss side FC Zurich is yet to be made official has been provided by Owngoalnigeria.com transfer expert Daniel Martins.

Odey signed the dotted lines for the Swiss side shortly before the close of the summer transfer window in Europe, but the MFM forward who finished the season with 18 goals to his name is yet to be officially announced by the club as their new signing.

His move according to Daniel Martins happened very late on transfer deadline day and most of the papers needed to be recorded on the Transfer Matching System (TMS) didn’t beat the deadline for the close of transfer in Switzerland.

” He (Odey) is in Switzerland as we speak now, but his move is currently on hold, due to poor network connection in Nigeria the day his club were filling the TMS to authenticate his transfer”, Martins said.

” FC Zurich have launched an appeal on his move, and they are waiting on the FA to rule on it. The main documents needed to make the transfer work have been signed but the failure to compute it into the TMS means the deal can’t be made official yet.

” Odey is highly rated by the club, and they will do everything within their power to make his deal cross the line. You can’t fault MFM as well network in Nigeria can’t be trusted especially now that it’s raining “.

Ade Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
Just like me!!
nice reply! Fair-weather fans.. oya out!!

Certitude:
this here was my reply

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2017
Zulte-Waregem Peter Olayinka Is Upstaging Bonaventure Of Club Brugge As Hottest Nigerian In Belgium
September 11, 2017

‎At the start of the season in Belgium, the one name on the lips of every football fan in Belgium has to be Nigerian forward Dennis Bonaventure of Club Brugge after his splendid start to life in Belgium.

Bonaventure arrived Club Brugge from Ukrainian side Zorya, and immediately got down to business with five goals in his first seven games for the team, including four in the League and one in the UEFA Champions League Qualifiers.

However the 19 year old progress was halted when he picked up a thigh injury that has kept him out of the team in their last three league games including the weekend game against Royal Excel Mouscron ,which they lost 2-1.

In his absence fit again on loan Gent forward Peter Olayinka has upstaged him as the hottest Nigerian player in Belgium at the moment with three goals to his name for his loan side Zulte-Waregem.

Olayinka scored his third goal of the season on Saturday in their 2-2 draw against Kortrijk, a tally which takes him to just a goal behind Bonaventure.

While Bonaventure has one assist this season, Olayinka is presently in the race for king of assist in Belgium with six to his name from six games this season.

Osas Mahawi
Share this:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
libero808:
I think Rohr should put on standby those in the current set up he is sure he won't field.
And give room for some new players.

there is nobody in the current set-up Rohr is sure of not fielding

There are at least 20 players that he has called-up repeatedly, then the other 3 spots he tinkers with them. That's how the likes of Nwakaeme and co get called up. When we factor in Aina's inclusion, there's one less spot.

Rohr will probably call up Dessers in place of Nwakaeme in our next game, or he could return Kayode and Dessers will have to wait till the Algerian game

Belgium doesn't need Dessers for now, they have their qualification on lockdown already, now, they are lookin to add cohesion an their forwards are topnotch.

I don't don't see them calling him up unless one of their forwards gets injured or something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), Ajd19 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.