Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864039 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) (16182) (16183) (16184) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:37pm On May 15
Marjoribanks:
lol! You wey dey quote Thiago! When you start dey watch ball! You think quoting statistics from highlight is.. Where you dey watch your own ball? lol!
dem think say na big grammar and English dem tk Dey knw who sabi ball 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:38pm On May 15
ChrisKels:
Personally, I think SA stands a better chance of making it to the world cup ahead of Nigeria.
ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:38pm On May 15
caprikon:
Finidi has his work cutout.

Looks like it will be calculator things towards the end of the qualifiers.

Missing out on an expanded world cup with a record number slots for African teams will be unpardonable.

I believe d players are even pumped up ⬆️,Dey won’t want to miss the World Cup tournament back to back..dt alone shld ginger dem to play well against SA AND BENIN 🇧🇯

I am even more concerned about the Benin match,dt SA GAME WILL BE AN EASY WIN… we are winning that game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:39pm On May 15
elyte89:

I believe d players are even pumped up ⬆️,Dey won’t want to miss the World Cup tournament back to back..dt alone shld ginger dem to play well against SA AND BENIN 🇧🇯

I am even more concerned about the Benin match,dt SA GAME WILL BE AN EASY WIN… we are winning that game
your head dey there bro

Na 🇧🇯 na I dey see as serious threat because of Rohr who knows our team and players in and out

We go win SA easily
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:47pm On May 15
ChrisKels:
Personally, I think SA stands a better chance of making it to the world cup ahead of Nigeria.

Rather I think it's we Nigeria that had the better Chance, that's if Finidi knew what he is doing,

Thing the southie will be meeting another brand of SE, and I hope George use the elements of Surprise well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:49pm On May 15
charlesemeka85:
your head dey there bro

Na 🇧🇯 na I dey see as serious threat because of Rohr who knows our team and players in and out

We go win SA easily

Ahhh Papi still dey coach Benin, chaiii, wahala dey oooo, especially as most Benin players sabi naija3

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:05pm On May 15
Simom Cletus, the golden eaglet captain.
Evidence dey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 7:08pm On May 15
mostob:
Simom Cletus, the golden eaglet captain. Evidence dey grin grin
Which kind school be this

Looks like a photoshoot to me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:10pm On May 15
Longneck:
Which kind school be this

Looks like a photoshoot to me
You think so.
People in Abuja should be able to confirm the school. From what I read, he plays for Mavlon fc and they're the one sponsoring his education.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:14pm On May 15
chuks404:
as good as kdb, he is not close to Zidane. A whole zizou hmm. Who cares, for the fact he didn't win anything with his country or even world best puts him way below the rank. Louis Figo that you are talking about won ballon d'or if my memory serves me right. There was a time Belgian team had one of the best squads player for player (think during hazard's prime), baba still messed up. Good Joe drop this argument.

The debate is not about who is better because they play different roles and function in different manner. It comes to preference. I prefer De Bruyne's approach. His style is more effective when it comes to direct contributions. When it comes to ball handling and deeper play, Zidane rules.

It is about preference and De Bruyne rules in his offensive midfield space.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18pm On May 15
Timixion:

KDB is a big part of City’s success? Lmao . Man wasn’t even present when City won its biggest ever trophy(UCL). Rodri carried him.

City also won the league in 2019 without KDB..He missed more than half of the campaign. In 2022, still the same case. How important has he been in that team? Rodri, Gundogan have been way more important that him.

KDB is only listed as a midfielder on formation but in reality he doesn’t play midfield, E.G attached shows his average position in the last game… Further up, even ahead of Haaland.

Most of KDB’s assists is from excessive crossing(attached). Typical RW/SS style of play

The level at which Figo operated was different, he was a ballondor winner & a fifa best winner. KDB has never been the best in the world at any point, he has only been on the BallonDor/Fifa best podium(top3) once in his entire career. His first time ever on the podium was at age 31 which he lost to Benzema. So using Figo as an example makes no sense.

Mind you ,Zidane was on fifa best podium for 6 seasons. He won the award 3x & won Ballondor too. How dare you compare that cross spa mmer to the great Zizou ?

And you said Football is a career thing & not a big game thing. It’s obvious you have zero knowledge about Zidane’s career..

Zidane is the only player in history to win the best player of the tournament in worldcup, Euro & UCL plus also winning the player of the season in Ligue1, Laliga & SerieA. He also won MOTM WC final & CL final with massive goals

So he litterally did it in 3 biggest tournaments & 3 top leagues…Zidane has the career and the big game. What does KDB have?

Ghosted in Worldcup, Ghosted in Euro, Ghosted in CL final, Ghosted in nations league. Euro 2024 is on the way, he will ghost too & blame it on old age like he did in the last worldcup cheesy :

You are still hinging on big games. When you look at career stats, KDB still ghosts Zidane when it comes to offensive contribution. You can talk of Zidane won this won Serie A, won this, won that. KDB when it comes to Manchester City, his medals are also huge. You can try to play down his contribution but his assists and goals for City is insane. He is just behind Ryan Giggs in all time assists. Playing for City alone. That is insane. You can't bend the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 7:18pm On May 15
Ademola Lookman starts for Atalanta in the Coppa Italia Final against Juventus

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On May 15
Marjoribanks:
lol! You wey dey quote Thiago! When you start dey watch ball! You think quoting statistics from highlight is.. Where you dey watch your own ball? lol!

I said, I don't know you but I can tell you that I have watched Zidane hands down more than you. I started watching Zidane in Bordeaux with Lizarazu and Christoph Dugarry.

There are few people in the world that can tell you Zidane was not exceptional in France 98. It is only someone who watched Zidane well that can point that.

Men I watched the likes of Gazza and Sammer.

Just leave that side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 7:29pm On May 15
I hope they'll allow this man do his job sha, the early signs are not looking good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:29pm On May 15
Timixion:

KDB is a big part of City’s success? Lmao . Man wasn’t even present when City won its biggest ever trophy(UCL). Rodri carried him.

City also won the league in 2019 without KDB..He missed more than half of the campaign. In 2022, still the same case. How important has he been in that team? Rodri, Gundogan have been way more important that him.

KDB is only listed as a midfielder on formation but in reality he doesn’t play midfield, E.G attached shows his average position in the last game… Further up, even ahead of Haaland.

Most of KDB’s assists is from excessive crossing(attached). Typical RW/SS style of play

The level at which Figo operated was different, he was a ballondor winner & a fifa best winner. KDB has never been the best in the world at any point, he has only been on the BallonDor/Fifa best podium(top3) once in his entire career. His first time ever on the podium was at age 31 which he lost to Benzema. So using Figo as an example makes no sense.

Mind you ,Zidane was on fifa best podium for 6 seasons. He won the award 3x & won Ballondor too. How dare you compare that cross spa mmer to the great Zizou ?

And you said Football is a career thing & not a big game thing. It’s obvious you have zero knowledge about Zidane’s career..

Zidane is the only player in history to win the best player of the tournament in worldcup, Euro & UCL plus also winning the player of the season in Ligue1, Laliga & SerieA. He also won MOTM WC final & CL final with massive goals

So he litterally did it in 3 biggest tournaments & 3 top leagues…Zidane has the career and the big game. What does KDB have?

Ghosted in Worldcup, Ghosted in Euro, Ghosted in CL final, Ghosted in nations league. Euro 2024 is on the way, he will ghost too & blame it on old age like he did in the last worldcup cheesy :

When it comes to effectiveness, Kevin De Bruyne rules. I wonder why this is too hard for you. The stats shows it clearly and you can't bend the truth. The debate has never been Zidane and De Bruyne who is better. When it comes to offensive effectiveness, Kevin De Bruyne rules. You might not like him crossing but it gets him amazing results.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On May 15
chuks404:
as good as kdb, he is not close to Zidane. A whole zizou hmm. Who cares, for the fact he didn't win anything with his country or even world best puts him way below the rank. Louis Figo that you are talking about won ballon d'or if my memory serves me right. There was a time Belgian team had one of the best squads player for player (think during hazard's prime), baba still messed up. Good Joe drop this argument.

Plain facts, not argument. When it comes to offensive effectiveness career wise, Kevin De Bruyne rules. Just facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On May 15
Tinneh:
I hope they'll allow this man do his job sha, the early signs are not looking good

I tire. Which one is that he can't interact with Nigerians. Okay O.
shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:49pm On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Plain facts, not argument. When it comes to offensive effectiveness career wise, Kevin De Bruyne rules. Just facts.
alright offensive, general contribution zizou trumps right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:33pm On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

You are still hinging on big games. When you look at career stats, KDB still ghosts Zidane when it comes to offensive contribution. You can talk of Zidane won this won Serie A, won this, won that. KDB when it comes to Manchester City, his medals are also huge. You can try to play down his contribution but his assists and goals for City is insane. He is just behind Ryan Giggs in all time assists. Playing for City alone. That is insane. You can't bend the truth.

Who is a better player btw abou trika and de bruyne 😀😀(midfield wise)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On May 15
elyte89:

Who is a better player btw abou trika and de bruyne 😀😀(midfield wise)

I will like to read your opinion. Or, you don't have one?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22pm On May 15
chuks404:
alright offensive, general contribution zizou trumps right?

Definitely.

As I said earlier, they play different ways. However, if I want to select a midfielder to control and dictate play, I won't think about giving Zidane the role over De Bruyne because he does not think that way. However, if I have a striker and I want the a midfielder to supply the forwards Ammunition, I will chose Kevin De Bruyne.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 9:25pm On May 15
Come on Atalanta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:28pm On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

I will like to read your opinion. Or, you don't have one?

No I want to hear from you.

I know it’s a tricky question cos abou trika was a complete midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On May 15
elyte89:

No I want to hear from you.

I know it’s a tricky question cos abou trika was a complete midfielder

Me.i want to hear from you. You brought the point. Give me your opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:46pm On May 15
Lookman has struck the post twice. My God we need an equalizer!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:53pm On May 15
KDB and Zidane are not Nigerians but their argument has taken up more space than Evey other discussion here. I thought this is SE thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GMBOFASIA: 10:09pm On May 15
comodo:
KDB and Zidane are not Nigerians but their argument has taken up more space than Evey other discussion here. I thought this is SE thread.
😂😂 nobody is even talking about boniface winning
Bundesliga’s Best Rookie

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:29pm On May 15
📌 OFFICIAL: Victor Boniface has been named Bundesliga Rookie of the Season. 🏅🇳🇬

👕 22 games
⚽ 13 goals
🎯 9 assists

📝 He beat Xavi Simons, Ian Maatsen, and Maximilian Beier to the award.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:37pm On May 15
charlesemeka85:
your head dey there bro

We go win SA easily
SA won't be easy game.

the last time we met ,was it easy for us.

if the players goes with this mindset, we might not qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:38pm On May 15
charlesemeka85:

👕 22 games
⚽ 13 goals
🎯 9 assists

well deserved,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:39pm On May 15
charlesemeka85:

👕 22 games
⚽ 13 goals
🎯 9 assists

doesn't matter. Guirassy's 26 goals and UCL qualification is more impressive and closer to APOTY podium than Boniface's bundesliga, Europa and pokal win( in view).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:52pm On May 15
Just finished watching all the goals scored by the MOUHABITOUNE in Cote D Ivoire 2023; [ Mauritanian national team ], they were somptous,audacious and amazing...what a team.... cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) (16182) (16183) (16184) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), lovewins, waffiboi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.