Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11607895 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
He had a super start and fine run as Super Eagles Manager from late 2011 to Mid-2014. But from Mid-2014 to 2015, we all called for his head (me inclusive...... )

I am not among the we all called for his head. Coach Keshi was one time a lot of Nigerians failed to look at the obstacles Coach Keshi faced and called for his sack.

I said and I still maintain that with time he would have built a strong Super Eagles. Even if we did not qualify for the AFCON, we should have given him another chance.

He earned and deserved it especially with the NFF not giving him a contract and Coach Keshi working without pay for so long.

In the match against South Africa, Ahmed Musa missed two one on one chances that would have made us qualify. Uche missed a glaring chance also.

Many abused me for saying we should stick by Coach Keshi. They were others who knew sacking Coach Keshi was a wrong decision because he worked with the odds against him.

I said this in October 17, 2014

It is clear that fighting for Nigerians is the most difficult task to do.

I wonder what was Coach Keshi's crime. He should call Uche? Or Martins? Are there not players in the country who could do better?

I do not think there was a hostile reception of Coach Keshi because he left his technical area through out the game. That does not signify a man being pelted,

Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.

Funny, some wanted Coach Keshi sacked for Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Sir, pls be informed that Leon Balogun is central Defender and not right back though he is comfortable playing in that position.

I have been following Leon Balogun since 2010 or there about. So, l know what l am talking about.

He actually started as a defensive midfielder before he was converted to central back and that was where he played before he was converted to RB by his last club.

He continued in that position in his present club but was later restored to his favourite position. Currently, he plays as a CB for his club.

Now, let me arrange from goalkeeper to attack.

Goalkeeper: Carl Ikeme
Substitute Alampasu and Daniel (Under 23 goalkeeper)

RB: Moses Odubanjo
Substitute: Tyronne Ebuehi

LB: Echijiele
Substitute: Oshaniwa

CB: Leon Balogun and Kenneth Otigba
Substitute: Kenneth Omeruo and Troost-Ekong

DMF: Mikel Obi
Substitute: Ndidi

CM: Onazi
Substitute: Raheem Lawal

AM: Alex Iwobi
Substitute: Abdul Ajagun

LW: Victor Moses
Substitute: Ahmed Musa

RW: Simon Moses
Substitute: Isaac Success or Ezekiel Imoh

Attackers/Strikers: Kelechi Iheanacho and Odion Ighalo.

The rest should brace up and fight for shirt.

Why play Echiejile on the left back role who can not cross to save his life. Oshaniwa is better. If not for ths sacking of Coach Keshi, Oshaniwa had taken that position for good.

Nigerian coaches are just being unfair denying Oshaniwa his chances. If Oshaniwa plays, he will outperform Echiejile.

Oshaniwa - Left Back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Why play Echiejile on the left back role who can not cross to save his life. Oshaniwa is better. If not for ths sacking of Coach Keshi, Oshaniwa had taken that position for good.

Nigerian coaches are just being unfair denying Oshaniwa his chances. If Oshaniwa plays, he will outperform Echiejile.

Oshaniwa - Left Back.

Well, I have seen both of them play but I will prefer Echiejile to Oshaniwa because he can defend better than Oshaniwa. And that is the primary role of LB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Well, I have seen both of them play but I will prefer Echiejile to Oshaniwa because he can defend better than Oshaniwa. And that is the primary role of LB.

Which kind defend better? That is not true. Oshaniwa has hardly received blame for our losses and on numerous occasions, Echiejile was at fault for our defeats. Oshaniwa is a better defender and tackler.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

It was Echiejile's poor defending that made Coach Keshi drop Echiejile for Oshaniwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Exclusive: Super Eagles get a new coach le Guen, former French international, Olympique Lyon and Cameroon coach, Paul Le Guen, will be in charge of the Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Complete Sports are the ones carrying this news. Until the NFF confirms it... it's all bollocks to me.

zicky:
Exclusive: Super Eagles get a new coach le Guen, former French international, Olympique Lyon and Cameroon coach, Paul Le Guen, will be in charge of the Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
uhmm..Juhan i think am lost here..i just found myself here ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Which kind defend better? That is not true. Oshaniwa has hardly received blame for our losses and on numerous occasions, Echiejile was at fault for our defeats. Oshaniwa is a better defender and tackler.

Ehhn! So, you have forgotten Echiejile was fully part of the Nigerian Nations Cup winning team. He played all the matches, assisted and even scored a goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:

well..lol.. its gud na at least u go Sabi small soccer

hi juhan...its bin a while
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Ehhn! So, you have forgotten Echiejile was fully part of the Nigerian Nations Cup winning team. He played all the matches, assisted and even scored a goal.

That does not make him a better defender. Echiejile was even a liability in few games in that tournament.

What I am saying is that Echiejile had more poor games with the Super Eagles than Oshaniwa. Echiejile has been poor offensively and defensively compared to Oshaniwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
elov:

ehen ehn!..you are here i want chelsea to win this world cup(nobody should quote me)..what do you think jare? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Goal report of Echiejile in the Nigerian vs Cote d'Ivoire in the 2013 AFCON.

U. Echiejile
Gervinho caused him some trouble when he cut in from the right and he did give away a few fouls. Decision making was not always good when going forward as he shot from poor positions when team-mates were better placed.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/match/c%C3%B4te-divoire-vs-nigeria/1406540/ratings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

I am not saying Echiejile is a poor/terrible player but Juwon Oshaniwa is a better option and should play ahead of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:
ehen ehn!..you are here i want chelsea to win this world cup(nobody should quote me)..what do you think jare? grin
hmm my dear...chelsea winning d world cup...laughing in swahili its possible jare..lollllllll

well we r in d era of change...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
elov:

hmm my dear...chelsea winning d world cup...laughing in swahili its possible jare..lollllllll

well we r in d era of change...
yes dear chelsea will win...abi you want it like dat right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:
you won reach every corner for nairaland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
zicky:
you won reach every corner for nairaland
hmm...yeah i want to..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:
yes dear chelsea will win...abi you want it like dat right?
sure...I support you with both hands...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
elov:
sure...I support you with both hands...
you too much bro...lampard will score the wining goal!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:
you too much bro...lampard will score the wining goal!

hehehe...yes let's wait and CCC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
Makydebbie and Elov..... pls cool it and don't derail.

Keshi died two days ago.... we still mourn him. Why can't you guys talk about that?

And what does Elov mean by saying "Possibility" exists for Chelsea to win the Fifa world cup? Do you speak of the FIFA club world cup for clubs only? or the Real Fifa World Cup for nations only?

You guys are so funny....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Makydebbie and Elov..... pls cool it and don't derail.

Keshi died two days ago.... we still mourn him. Why can't you guys talk about that?
but you were not talking about that na!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by makydebbie(f): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
elov:

hehehe...yes let's wait and CCC
ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elov(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:

let's kuku leave this land...let's go back to our fatherland

Thesupernerd just joking tho....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
True. But that is the news in the air... Even Your Good country Honored Keshi with their flag flown at half mast.

Welcome to Sports section though. Didn't know you have some football interests.

makydebbie:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
This man eh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Sir, pls be informed that Leon Balogun is central Defender and not right back though he is comfortable playing in that position.

I have been following Leon Balogun since 2010 or there about. So, l know what l am talking about.

He actually started as a defensive midfielder before he was converted to central back and that was where he played before he was converted to RB by his last club.

He continued in that position in his present club but was later restored to his favourite position. Currently, he plays as a CB for his club.

Now, let me arrange from goalkeeper to attack.

Goalkeeper: Carl Ikeme
Substitute Alampasu and Daniel (Under 23 goalkeeper)

RB: Moses Odubanjo
Substitute: Tyronne Ebuehi

LB: Echijiele
Substitute: Oshaniwa

CB: Leon Balogun and Kenneth Otigba
Substitute: Kenneth Omeruo and Troost-Ekong

DMF: Mikel Obi
Substitute: Ndidi

CM: Onazi
Substitute: Raheem Lawal

AM: Alex Iwobi
Substitute: Abdul Ajagun

LW: Victor Moses
Substitute: Ahmed Musa

RW: Simon Moses
Substitute: Isaac Success or Ezekiel Imoh

Attackers/Strikers: Kelechi Iheanacho and Odion Ighalo.

The rest should brace up and fight for shirt.

you are going to start Leon Balogun and Otigba ahead of Omeruo and Ekong? Why not just put Ambrose there too?

Echejile ahead of Oshaniwa and Madu? Please Sir, have you ever seen Kingley Madu playing football? An honest question Sir.

Onazi starts as your CMF?! Have you seen Onazi's passing statistics? The guy's passing is poor, apart from a DMF, he can't do much going forward. His long balls are poor,through balls? Abysmal, and you want to push him up the field to go and do what?! Another honest question Sir, have you seen John Ogu playing football? Only God knows the kind of coach you would be. Your sentiments are too much, Ighalo should not start ahead of Ideye or even get invited ahead of him, the sooner we started inviting Kayode the better and I can also assure you that Rabiu Ibrahim has been doing better than Adbul Ajagun.

Finally I have a startimes decoder, I have watched Leon this season, he has played as the LB some times, I dare say most times. I don't know sha but that your team will lose every single match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
makydebbie:
you dey watch ball too?

elov how you dey na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Goal report of Echiejile in the Nigerian vs Cote d'Ivoire in the 2013 AFCON.

U. Echiejile
Gervinho caused him some trouble when he cut in from the right and he did give away a few fouls. Decision making was not always good when going forward as he shot from poor positions when team-mates were better placed.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/match/c%C3%B4te-divoire-vs-nigeria/1406540/ratings

Is that all?

Can you pls show me another rating during the tournament?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Is that all?

Can you pls show me another rating during the tournament?

I am showing that he was not all that. In his game, they were weaknesses. With time Coach Keshi dropped him for Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is the better player and he should be ahead of Echiejile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m), Hanibal(m), drDoom3(m), dijon, Kundistrict(m), slimthugchimee2(m), codemaniacs, CornOak(m), Suzzytee05(f), Marjoribanks, typicalgamer(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.