Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686213 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Is that all?

Can you pls show me another rating during the tournament?

U. Echiejile
More defensive than he would’ve liked, Echiejile ensured that the opposition couldn’t create opportunities down the left. Struggled at times with Bance, the number three improved as the match wore on before falling down to injury.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-za/match/nigeria-vs-burkina-faso/1406545/ratings?

You can see them highlighting Echiejile struggling with Bance, although he coped better as time went. Although this is not one of Echiejile's poor games, he still struggled.

Echiejile had more poor games than Oshaniwa, offensively and defensively under Coach Keshi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am showing that he was not all that. In his game, they were weaknesses. With time Coach Keshi dropped him for Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is the better player and he should be ahead of Echiejile.

Since, you can't provide another bad rating during the AFCON then you can't judge him based on just one bad day.

How come Oshaniwa can not get a better club if he's that good?

Playing for Sporting Braga in the Portuguese Primeira Liga and in the Champions League is not beans na?

He moved from there to another higher level. Monaco no be small club na. And you are now comparing a player that has played at the highest level and still playing with one playing in Scotland. grin

Walahi! I am yoking (you are joking). grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

U. Echiejile
More defensive than he would’ve liked, Echiejile ensured that the opposition couldn’t create opportunities down the left. Struggled at times with Bance, the number three improved as the match wore on before falling down to injury.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-za/match/nigeria-vs-burkina-faso/1406545/ratings?

You can see them highlighting Echiejile struggling with Bance, although he coped better as time went. Although this is not one of Echiejile's poor games, he still struggled.

Echiejile had more poor games than Oshaniwa, offensively and defensively under Coach Keshi.

grin @ bolded said it all. grin That is the summary of the whole rating.

Whether he struggled or not e do em work welli wellii! grin

Abi I lie. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

grin @ bolded said it all. grin That is the summary of the whole rating.

Whether he struggled or not e do em work welli wellii! grin

Abi I lie. grin

Are you for real? So when you are watching weakness in a players game, you look at Summary. Do you think anyone can criticise Iheanacho constructively if we are looking at Summary of the performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Since, you can't provide another bad rating during the AFCON then you can't judge him based on just one bad day.

Playing for Sporting Braga in the Portuguese Primeira Liga and in the Champions League is not beans na?

He moved from there to another higher level. Monaco no be small club na. And you are now comparing a player that has played at the highest level and still playing with one playing in Scotland. grin

You are joking. You mean Danny Welbeck is better than Aubamayeng because he is played in two very big clubs, Arsenal and Manchester United compared to Aubamayeng's St Etienne and Dortmund.

Look at this report on Echiejile in the final by Jarus.

Echiejile: I have criticised him many times as not effective in the left back like TT and poorer in moving forward. He isn't that bad, after all. Poor crosses/passes from the left, but still performed above average. 6

https://www.nairaland.com/1192175/player-rating-nigeria-vs-burkina

You can see the term, many times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

I am not judging Echiejile based on one bad game but based on multiple games that led to him losing his place in the National team to Oshaniwa. We are talking of repeated poor performances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

3. Elderson Echejiele: It’s very obvious that Echejiele hasn’t regained his form and composure on the ball after the lengthy injury that sidelined him for weeks prior to the World Cup in Brazil.

The best scenario would have been for Keshi not to have invited the former Wikki Tourist defender for this crucial game and allow him to heal completely and rack up some games for current club AS Monaco before considering him.

Echejiele was woeful at the back and lacked composure to aim and shoot the target with the opportunities he had going forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/1947936/5-most-disappointing-eagles-players

We have to blame the injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mickael2:

you are going to start Leon Balogun and Otigba ahead of Omeruo and Ekong? Why not just put Ambrose there too?

Echejile ahead of Oshaniwa and Madu? Please Sir, have you ever seen Kingley Madu playing football? An honest question Sir.

Onazi starts as your CMF?! Have you seen Onazi's passing statistics? The guy's passing is poor, apart from a DMF, he can't do much going forward. His long balls are poor,through balls? Abysmal, and you want to push him up the field to go and do what?! Another honest question Sir, have you seen John Ogu playing football? Only God knows the kind of coach you would be. Your sentiments are too much, Ighalo should not start ahead of Ideye or even get invited ahead of him, the sooner we started inviting Kayode the better and I can also assure you that Rabiu Ibrahim has been doing better than Adbul Ajagun.

Finally I have a startimes decoder, I have watched Leon this season, he has played as the LB some times, I dare say most times. I don't know sha but that your team will lose every single match

First of all, I rate players based on club their play, the League, performance and finally talent.

Based on these criteria, I don't think you can compare Leon Balogun with Kenneth Omeruo nor with Troost-Ekong neither can you compare Kenneth Otigba with Kenneth Omeruo nor Troost-Ekong. No sentiment attached.

Echiejile is currently the best LB Nigerian player in the eyes of the World. Then how can he be worse than Oshaniwa and Madu?

What is the name of Madu's club and where it located in the world map? grin Chai! I can't see.

I have seen him play several times but I noticed he is not good at defending and he can't withstand physical or skilful players.

In what position does Onazi play in Lazio? Sometimes as an attacking midfielder.

No be dat combination win us AFCON? grin

John Ogu is very good but very slow for a very fast and mobile midfielder.

Ideye-brown is good but Ighalo for now is better. All he needs is a creative midfielder behind him.

We have Brown Ideye, Kelechi Iheanacho, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Ujah etc na which one Kayode go fit bench?

Rabiu Ibrahim could not take his chances when given hence hmmm! grin make I never talk. Abdul Ajagun is a baller. Give him the chance and you will see what he is capable of doing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you for real? So when you are watching weakness in a players game, you look at Summary. Do you think anyone can criticise Iheanacho constructively if we are looking at Summary of the performance.

Of course, Iheanacho is human and he is bound to have weaknesses. That was the summary of the whole rating. Others na jara.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are joking. You mean Danny Welbeck is better than Aubamayeng because he is played in two very big clubs, Arsenal and Manchester United compared to Aubamayeng's St Etienne and Dortmund.

Look at this report on Echiejile in the final by Jarus.

Echiejile: I have criticised him many times as not effective in the left back like TT and poorer in moving forward. He isn't that bad, after all. Poor crosses/passes from the left, but still performed above average. 6

https://www.nairaland.com/1192175/player-rating-nigeria-vs-burkina

You can see the term, many times.

You are comparing two big clubs and two big players. And that alone is the difference between comparing big club with a small club. End of discussion.

Aubamayeng was noticed by best scouts in the world and that was why he moved to the biggest level.

Abegi na who notice Oshaniwa? grin

Na who notice Echiejile? Monaco of course. grin

Echiejile even collect 6/10 for that rating. Chai! The boy don pass pass be that na. grin

We know he was only comparing him with Taye Taiwo and what where you expecting should be the result? Of course, TT na Oga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

You are comparing two big clubs and two big players. And that alone is the difference between comparing big club with a small club. End of discussion.

Aubamayeng was noticed by best scouts in the world and that was why he moved to the biggest level.

We have poor players in top clubs. Being in a big club isnot a guarantee the player is the best in a particular role.

So to you, is Welbeck better than Vardy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

3. Elderson Echejiele: It’s very obvious that Echejiele hasn’t regained his form and composure on the ball after the lengthy injury that sidelined him for weeks prior to the World Cup in Brazil.

The best scenario would have been for Keshi not to have invited the former Wikki Tourist defender for this crucial game and allow him to heal completely and rack up some games for current club AS Monaco before considering him.

Echejiele was woeful at the back and lacked composure to aim and shoot the target with the opportunities he had going forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/1947936/5-most-disappointing-eagles-players

We have to blame the injury.

Of course. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Echiejile even collect 6/10 for that rating. Chai! The boy don pass pass be that na. grin

We know he was only comparing him with Taye Taiwo and what where you expecting should be the result? Of course, TT na Oga.

Upon Echiejile's Monaco CV, Oshaniwa took over his role in the National team and did better.

Are you not seeing Leicester, see what they did with a lot of unknown and cheap players. Club status is not a guarantee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We have poor players in top clubs. Being in a big club isnot a guarantee the player is the best in a particular role.

So to you, is Welbeck better than Vardy?

Mention one top club with poor players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Upon Echiejile's Monaco CV, Oshaniwa took over his role in the National team and did better.

Are you not seeing Leicester, see what they did with a lot of unknown and cheap players. Club status is not a guarantee.

OK, we go know next season. Tiago, David Luiz etc where all dropped by Brazil from the Americas cup. Are you saying the prefer ones are better than them? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Mention one top club with poor players?

I said being in a top club is not a guarantee that the player is the best in a role.

Just like Mahrez and Payet are not in top clubs but they are better than some players in the same roles in top club's.

Why do you think Liverpool went to sign players from Southampton who became starters in Liverpool. Even though Liverpool had players in those roles, better than those in Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

OK, we go know next season. Tiago, David Luiz etc where all drop for the Americas cup. Are you saying the prefer ones are better than them? grin

You know David Luiz and Thiago are top picks any day. Echiejile's case was on the run of poor performances that put Super Eagles in a bad position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I said being in a top club is not a guarantee that the player is the best in a role.

Just like Mahrez and Payet are not in top clubs but they are better than some players in the same roles in top club's.

Why do you think Liverpool went to sign players from Southampton who became starters in Liverpool. Even though Liverpool had players in those roles, better than those in Liverpool.

You said and I quote 'poor players are in top clubs' no be so. Please mention one or two players in top clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You know David Luiz and Thiago are top picks any day. Echiejile's case was on the run of poor performances that put Super Eagles in a bad position.

Dat is the answer to your question about him loosing his position to Oshaniwa in the National team. Taye Taiwo also lost his position to Echiejile prior to the AFCON 2013. When it is glaring Taye Taiwo was far better than Echiejile. Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

You said and I quote 'poor players are in top clubs' no be so. Please mention one or two players in top clubs.

We some them over the years, like John Evans in Manchester United winning Champions League and EPL titles to Sunderland FC. We Darren Gibson hailed as the next Paul Scholes to a bencher at Everton. I do not know where he is now.

Tal Ben Haim and Sidwell in Chelsea, Mineiro, Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Dat is the answer to your question about him loosing his position to Oshaniwa in the National team. Taye Taiwo also lost his position to Echiejile prior to the AFCON 2013. When it is glaring Taye Taiwo was far better than Echiejile. Why?

You can say Taiye Taiwo is better than Echiejile. You can not say Echiejile is better than Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is better.

David Luiz and Thiago have not lost their place. Echiejile did. It was awful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We some them over the years, like John Evans in Manchester United winning Champions League and EPL titles to Sunderland FC. We Darren Gibson hailed as the next Paul Scholes to a bencher at Everton. I do not know where he is now.

Tal Ben Haim and Sidwell in Chelsea, Mineiro, Chelsea.

Academy players who graduated to play for regular team na normal thing. We are talking about players bought from a club to play for a big club. Is there any?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can say Taiye Taiwo is better than Echiejile. You can not say Echiejile is better than Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is better.

David Luiz and Thiago have not lost their place. Echiejile did. It was awful.

How come dey did not make the list despite their performance this season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Academy players who graduated to play for regular team na normal thing. We are talking about players bought from a club to play for a big club. Is there any?

When did you ask player bought? However, Tal Ben Haim, Sidwell and Mineiro were poor players bought by Chelsea. Jeffers was a poor player bought by Arsene Wenger to Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

How come dey did not make the list despite their performance this season?

Dunga experiments with Copa America. In, I think 2004, he dropped a lot of regulars including the best player in the World, Ronaldinho. Anderson wore the ten shirt and Brazil still won the Copa America.

It is Dunga's style.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe ane forgiveness, U're making things on this thread. Ur arguments are always endless and I love that, keep it rolling and pls guys don't let these arguments to overshadow updates about the dream team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

First of all, I rate players based on club their play, the League, performance and finally talent.

Based on these criteria, I don't think you can compare Leon Balogun with Kenneth Omeruo nor with Troost-Ekong neither can you compare Kenneth Otigba with Kenneth Omeruo nor Troost-Ekong. No sentiment attached.

Echiejile is currently the best LB Nigerian player in the eyes of the World. Then how can he be worse than Oshaniwa and Madu?

What is the name of Madu's club and where it located in the world map? grin Chai! I can't see.

I have seen him play several times but I noticed he is not good at defending and he can't withstand physical or skilful players.

In what position does Onazi play in Lazio? Sometimes as an attacking midfielder.

No be dat combination win us AFCON? grin

John Ogu is very good but very slow for a very fast and mobile midfielder.

Ideye-brown is good but Ighalo for now is better. All he needs is a creative midfielder behind him.

We have Brown Ideye, Kelechi Iheanacho, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Ujah etc na which one Kayode go fit bench?

Rabiu Ibrahim could not take his chances when given hence hmmm! grin make I never talk. Abdul Ajagun is a baller. Give him the chance and you will see what he is capable of doing.

Your comments are based on the clubs alone. Do you watch the Turkish league? No, because if you do,you would not say such about Omeruo. Omeruo was CONSISTENTLY good this season. Leon lost his spot on the Mainz team at some part of the season, Ekong played every single game,i watch his games on youtube,almost all of them. Did you see Leon when we played against Mali? He was making silly mistakes,so much for him being the best defender we have. And don't get me started on Otigba please.

'in the eyes of the world, Echejile is the best leftback we have', which eyes?! Sir, can you please tell me how many games Echejile started this season. At some point he was only playing in the Europa league alone. Just check what happened in France today, Martial who plays for Manu was benched for Payet. During the match, Pogba who plays for Juve was subbed instead of Payet, who won the match? Payet. Sentiments, so because you do not know his club right? Well that's about it. Just remind me who was our best defender in that...wait a minute, do you even know the match he played for Nigeria? And Oshaniwa too?! Guy, you need to start watching matches before you decide. Just admit that you haven't seen Madu playing before, because he is absolutely fatanstic defensively and even better going forward, and Oshaniwa is better than Echejile by a mile.

Onazi plays as an attacking midfielder for Lazio?! Sir, you need to watch these matches. He always plays as the DMF! You didn't watch the Afcon either, because if you did, you would have noticed that it was even Mikel who was playing as the CMF for us, Onazi was predominantly defensive. Please, a defensive midfielder does not mean the person does not attack ever, it means he is predominantly concerned with defending!

John Ogu is slow? Kroos is not the fastest player in the world is he? I guess that makes him a bad CMF right? Great logic. I won't even reply this.

Based on form Ighalo is better? Based on which form? Form for Nigeria? Have you seen Ighalo playing for Nigeria or you just hear about it? We have given him his chance, he has failed to impress at all so we should give other people their own chance. Kayode was the third highest goalscorer in his Austrian league, Stoke city want him right now if not for his work permit, Anthony Ujah is no longer a starter for Bremen, he lost his spot towards the end of the season.

I have watched Panathinaikos games, I have seen Abdul, I won't doubt the fact that he is very very good, but watch Ibrahim,he is better. The last match that Ibrahim played for Nigeria he was very very good. If we invite both it won't be a crime because Abdul can play as a more attack-minded CMF, but if we must pick one as our back-up AMF it has to be Ibrahim
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
Please, also look up Onazi's page on whoscored.com then see the two positions he played. He NEVER played as an attacking midfielder for Lazio. He only played 18 matches for Lazio last season, if he is so good, why didn't he start atleast 30 matches? Lazio played in the Europa league o. His strenghts are typical DMF skills, interception and tackling, his best rating is as a DMF and he is not better than Mikel or Ndidi there. I would also want you to look up Oshaniwa and Madu's page on whoscored since you didn't watch their matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mickael2:

Your comments are based on the clubs alone. Do you watch the Turkish league? No, because if you do,you would not say such about Omeruo. Omeruo was CONSISTENTLY good this season. Leon lost his spot on the Mainz team at some part of the season, Ekong played every single game,i watch his games on youtube,almost all of them. Did you see Leon when we played against Mali? He was making silly mistakes,so much for him being the best defender we have. And don't get me started on Otigba please.

'in the eyes of the world, Echejile is the best leftback we have', which eyes?! Sir, can you please tell me how many games Echejile started this season. At some point he was only playing in the Europa league alone. Just check what happened in France today, Martial who plays for Manu was benched for Payet. During the match, Pogba who plays for Juve was subbed instead of Payet, who won the match? Payet. Sentiments, so because you do not know his club right? Well that's about it. Just remind me who was our best defender in that...wait a minute, do you even know the match he played for Nigeria? And Oshaniwa too?! Guy, you need to start watching matches before you decide. Just admit that you haven't seen Madu playing before, because he is absolutely fatanstic defensively and even better going forward, and Oshaniwa is better than Echejile by a mile.

Onazi plays as an attacking midfielder for Lazio?! Sir, you need to watch these matches. He always plays as the DMF! You didn't watch the Afcon either, because if you did, you would have noticed that it was even Mikel who was playing as the CMF for us, Onazi was predominantly defensive. Please, a defensive midfielder does not mean the person does not attack ever, it means he is predominantly concerned with defending!

John Ogu is slow? Kroos is not the fastest player in the world is he? I guess that makes him a bad CMF right? Great logic. I won't even reply this.

Based on form Ighalo is better? Based on which form? Form for Nigeria? Have you seen Ighalo playing for Nigeria or you just hear about it? We have given him his chance, he has failed to impress at all so we should give other people their own chance. Kayode was the third highest goalscorer in his Austrian league, Stoke city want him right now if not for his work permit, Anthony Ujah is no longer a starter for Bremen, he lost his spot towards the end of the season.

I have watched Panathinaikos games, I have seen Abdul, I won't doubt the fact that he is very very good, but watch Ibrahim,he is better. The last match that Ibrahim played for Nigeria he was very very good. If we invite both it won't be a crime because Abdul can play as a more attack-minded CMF, but if we must pick one as our back-up AMF it has to be Ibrahim

Nice write up. What do you think about Sone Aluko? Do you think Coach Yusuf should invite him to compete for the ten spot?

I do not remember him getting a call up after his memorable performance against South Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When did you ask player bought? However, Tal Ben Haim, Sidwell and Mineiro were poor players bought by Chelsea. Jeffers was a poor player bought by Arsene Wenger to Arsenal.

Tal Ben Haim performed wonderful well for his Israeli club by helping them to win the league and he replicated when came to Bolton. He was Okocha deputy captain. We know he was noticed because he played well in the EPL and Europa League. And even when Chelsea bought him he performed well too but could not bench John Terry, Richardo Carlvaho and Alex. Where you expecting him to break into that team? He also clashes with coaches and players. So, you know what that means in the Premier League.

Sidwell - do you expect him to bench the one time second and third best players in the world? grin Lampard and Essien? grin You self think am well na. grin

Mineiro was bought to play as a third= choice defensive midfielder to Mikel and Essien.

So, what are we talking about? These players have one thing in common. They never stayed beyond one season but Echiejile is going to his third season this year.

You can spot the difference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Nice write up. What do you think about Sone Aluko? Do you think Coach Yusuf should invite him to compete for the ten spot?

I do not remember him getting a call up after his memorable performance against South Africa.

Exactly. I loved the guy's work ethics, he may not be the best but he gives his all for us. We should stop looking at a players club or anything. The guy would be absolutely important. He is a good squad player and with such a person in the team, he will work so hard that other players who play thesame position with him wil have to wake up and work better. I wouldn't mind having him in the camp, just as an examplary piece

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
forgiveness:

Tal Ben Haim performed wonderful well for his Israeli club by helping them to win the league and he replicated when came to Bolton. He was Okocha deputy captain. We know he was noticed because he played well in the EPL and Europa League. And even when Chelsea bought him he performed well too but could not bench John Terry, Richardo Carlvaho and Alex. Where you expecting him to break into that team? He also clashes with coaches and players. So, you know what that means in the Premier League.

Sidwell - do you expect him to bench the one time second and third best players in the world? grin Lampard and Essien? grin You self think am well na. grin

Mineiro was bought to play as a third= choice defensive midfielder to Mikel and Essien.

So, what are we talking about? These players have one thing in common. They never stayed beyond one season but Echiejile is going to his third season this year.

You can spot the difference.

first of all, Mikel benched Essien, and Mikel wasn't even a DMF initially so I don't know why Essien can't be benched.
So Shevchenko was wonderful for Chelsea? So Torres was great for Chelsea? So Alex Song has been wonderful for Barcelona? Do you know who Douglas Pereira is? He is a barca player, he was bought from Brazil. I can name 100 players that were bought but didn't play well for big clubs, so you can't say that a big club equates to a good player

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abusule007, Amedino99(m), Towbaba500(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.