Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11602150 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2016
To be honest, Victor Moses' excuses are becoming way too much. He keeps citing fitness concerns even when he wasn't a regular feature in the second half of the just concluded season for West Ham as he always mostly made the bench only coming on as a substitute on a few occasions even when "fit".

He also ended the season "Fit". Haba! It's very irritating indeed.

I am a big fan of Victor Moses, every one here knows that...... I always prefer him to Musa on our right flank. But right now.... this is near to the last straw Moses had drawn and when I see the many super options we have coming through in attack, I think it's time to leave Moses as he seems no more motivated to dorn Nigeria's Colors.

Even as I type this, It hurts. I so much like Victor Moses but We have a new era to build and promote. Little time exists for trivial nonsense.

Orkpekyandega:

The NFF have been very patient with him on this one. I suggest we excuse him for now. No sanctions should be given to him, but do not give him any call up even if he begs.

Isaac Success should take over his chance (not necessarily position)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
To be honest, Victor Moses' excuses are becoming way too much. He keeps citing fitness concerns even when he wasn't a regular feature in the second half of the just concluded season for West Ham as he always mostly made the bench only coming on as a substitute on a few occasions even when "fit".

He also ended the season "Fit". Haba! It's very irritating indeed.

I am a big fan of Victor Moses, every one here knows that...... I always prefer him to Musa on our right flank. But right now.... this is near to the last straw Moses had drawn and when I see the many super options we have coming through in attack, I think it's time to leave Moses as he seems no more motivated to dorn Nigeria's Colors.

Even as I type this, It hurts. I so much like Victor Moses but We have a new era to build and promote. Little time exists for trivial nonsense.

That is what happens when a team depends solely on foreign grown players. If we can develop our league just like Tunisia or Egypt. People like Victor Moses will not be doing us 'yanga'.

Better still I stand to agree with Orkpekyandega's suggestion that we should find a suitable and permanent replacement for him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Yusuf in race for Eagles top post after scoring high marks
[/size]

Coach Salisu Yusuf - Humble and tactically strong

Nigeria interim coach Salisu Yusuf could well be given the top post on a full-time basis should the country fail to hire a foreign coach after he was praised by both officials and players for his tactical prowess and humility.

Yusuf, longtime assistants to Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh and Samson Siasia, has earned respect for his tactical shrewdness which saw him outwit Mali and their French coach Alain Giresse on Friday in Rouen.

His second half changes brought spark to the Eagles leading to the match winner by Manchester city starlet Kelechi Iheanacho.

An official who is France with Eagles told AfricanFootball.com: “Nigeria could now settle for Salisu should a foreign coach option fail.

“He has impressed with his tactical approach against Mali.

“And the players have taken to him because he is not arrogant unlike his predecessors, who dwelled so much on their exploits as players.”

The former Ranchers Bees and El Kanemi Warriors midfielder has already proved himself at two of Nigeria’s top clubs, Kano Pillars and Enyimba.

The Eagles have crashed out of next year’s AFCON but they will be hoping to qualify for a sixth World Cup when the qualifying tournament begins in October.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629562/Yusuf-in-race-for-Eagles-top-post-after-scoring-high-marks
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37pm On May 30, 2016
justiz5:
[size=14pt]
Yusuf in race for Eagles top post after scoring high marks
[/size]

“And the players have taken to him because he is not arrogant unlike his predecessors, who dwelled so much on their exploits as players.”

In short, "he is someone you can control."

When are we going to play top friendlies to grade our team. The Copa America is close and we can not play one of the top South American teams like Chile or Brazil. That is how we can grade our coaches, not Mali and Luxembourg.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:17pm On May 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In short, "he is someone you can control."
How did u get to that conclusion?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

How did u get to that conclusion?

Apart from the Enyeama incident and Emenike incident, a lot of players did not have problems with Coach Oliseh. During the CHAN, the players showed solidarity to Coach Oliseh.

During Coach Keshi's reign, the players showed solidarity too.

When an NFF official is talking arrogance, definitely it is not just in respect to the players but someone who is not arrogant to the NFF members like Coach Oliseh.

So who did the players not take to because Coach was arrogant? Keshi, Oliseh or Siasia, or all of them or some.

Get us tough friendly games before singing praises.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Apart from the Enyeama incident and Emenike incident, a lot of players did not have problems with Coach Oliseh. During the CHAN, the players showed solidarity to Coach Oliseh.

During Coach Keshi's reign, the players showed solidarity too.

When an NFF official is talking arrogance, definitely it is not just in respect to the players but someone who is not arrogant to the NFF members like Coach Oliseh.

So who did the players not take to because Coach was arrogant? Keshi, Oliseh or Siasia, or all of them or some.

Get us tough friendly games before singing praises.

Who cares if the official is right or is a jerk that gives u no right to jump to the conclusion that the man is someone that they can control, that is an unwarranted attack on his person with yet again no proof to back up ur allegation.

Mali is a good enough test to see what Salisu can do with a brand new team and now we go on to the next match to get a better glimpse of his team's style.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Who cares if the official is right or is a jerk that gives u no right to jump to the conclusion that the man is someone that they can control, that is an unwarranted attack on his person with yet again no proof to back up ur allegation.

Mali is a good enough test to see what Salisu can do with a brand new team and now we go on to the next match to get a better glimpse of his team's style.

I like as you started it. You think I am aiming an attack on Coach Salisu Yusuf when in fact, your first statement shows I was referring to a statement made by The NFF official.

You know I dislike a lot of the attitudes of some of our NFF officials.

I was not in any way attacking Coach Yusuf.

I respect him, he is experienced, paid his dues and I am expecting fireworks from him after he is done carrying out an understudy of Guardiola at the Etihad campus.

I want real tests of our strength on the international scene. Luxembourg and Mali is not good enough tests for us. It is time we take bolder strides.

I remember us playing Italy and Catalonia under Coach Keshi and drawing with both. You can not tell me those are the same kind of test as playing Mali. Mind you, Coach Keshi's Super Eagles put 4 past Mali.

Please, look again, the control statement was in quotation marks, I was talking of the NFF officials statement and I further explained what I meant.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by odinakainno: 11:30pm On May 30, 2016
I love super eagles

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:34am On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I like as you started it. You think I am aiming an attack on Coach Salisu Yusuf when it fact, your first statement shows I was referring to a statement made by The NFF official.

You know I dislike a lot of the attitudes of some of our official.

I was not in any way attacking Coach Yusuf.

I respect him, he is experienced, paid his dues and I am expecting fireworks from him after he is done carrying out an understudy of Guardiola at the Etihad campus.

I want real tests for our strength on the international scene. Luxembourg and Mali is not good enough a test for us. It is time we take bolder strides.

I remember us playing Italy and Catalonia under Coach Keshi and drawing with both. You can not tell me those are the same kind of test as playing Mali. Mind you, Coach Keshi's Super Eagles put 4 past Mali.

Please, look again, the control statement was in quotation marks, I was talking of the NFF officials statement and I further explained what I meant.

Quotation or not u are dropping shade simple and plain. Give the man his credit and stop looking for reasons to put him down. In his first match as coach of a brand new put together team Mali is more than good. I didn't hear none of this when Oliseh asked to play Niger. Btw Mali has not missed 2 afcon's in a row like us. Maybe we play bigger teams next time but as of now we should take things step by step.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Quotation or not u are dropping shade simple and plain. Give the man his credit and stop looking for reasons to put him down. In his first match as coach of a brand new put together team Mali is more than good. I didn't hear none of this when Oliseh asked to play Niger. Btw Mali has not missed 2 afcon's in a row like us. Maybe we play bigger teams next time but as of now we should take things step by step.

I criticised the Friendly games of Coach Oliseh. Niger, I was angry. That was no test. I even want us to stop being result dependent.

I believe tough games help the coaches and the team grow. Win or lose.

I even want Coach Yusuf to play along with the NFF, so things can run smoothly for a while until he gets his ground in the team.

I want the Super Eagles up against the best, playing Germany, Belgium, Chile, Argentina. These experiences will make our young boys grow in experience fast.

Coach Yusuf has my full support. All though I wanted another chance for Coach Siasia but I see his promotion from the coaching crew as a continuity of the project.

I did not mean to sound as if I was putting the Coach down if it read like that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I think you seem to be taking the issue too far. 'That somebody can easily be controlled doesn't mean you want to run down the person's personality. It might just be his observation.

Besides, you do not expect every body to prove statements or observations made here beyond reasonable doubt. It may not be healthy for the person's image.

Some persons on this thread or forum generally have very close contacts with some public figures. That is why I personally do not doubt every
insinuation on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pavarotti: 12:55pm On May 31, 2016

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Home-based Eagles tackle Tanzania in final AFCON qualifier
[/size]

Chima Akas (right) could be one of the home-based Eagles to face Tanzania in September

by Samm Audu

AfricanFootball.com understands that cash-strapped Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are seriously considering lining up a home-based Super Eagles for a final AFCON 2017 qualifier at home against Tanzania in September.

Three-time African champions Nigeria have failed for the second straight time to qualify for the AFCON and so the home game against Tanzania will be a mere formality.

“Players from the domestic league are most likely to be the ones to play the Tanzania match because it will not only save the federation much-needed funds, but also give the players to stake a claim in the main Eagles ahead of the World Cup qualifiers particularly as they were overlooked for the friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg,” a top official told only AfricanFootball.com

The 2018 World Cup qualifiers will begin in October.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629547/Home-based-Eagles-tackle-Tanzania-in-final-AFCON-qualifier
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:10pm On May 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: Eagles drop Leon Balogun after Mali blunders
[/size]

Balogun (left) with Super Eagles debutant Musa Mohammed

by Samm Audu

AfricanFootball.com has specially gathered Germany-based defender Leon Balogun will start from the bench in Tuesday’s friendly against hosts Luxembourg after three major blunders in the heart of the defence, which a more ruthless team than Mali would have punished.

The Mainz 05 ace paired Norway-based William Troost-Ekong in the heart of the Eagles back four against Mali on Friday, but his mistakes are likely to see lose his place to either Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo or Turkey-based Gbenga Arokoyo for the next game in Luxembourg City.

“The coaches have noted Balogun’s mistakes and will now consider either Omeruo or Arokoyo to pair Troost-Ekong against Luxembourg,” a top source who is in France with the Eagles informed AfricanFootball.com

Omeruo has been held back by a visa hitch and only had his first training with the rest of the squad Saturday evening.

The 27-year-old Balogun made 21 appearances in the Bundesliga last season and scored a goal as Mainz finished an impressive sixth on the table.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629545/EXCLUSIVE-Eagles-drop-Leon-Balogun-after-Mali-blunders
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2016
[size=14pt]
Amokachi praises Finnish club after second win
[/size]

Amokachi

JS Hercules of Finland coach Daniel Amokachi has praised his players for recording their second win of the season in the Finnish third-tier league on Sunday.

JS Hercules defeated highly rated GBK 2-1 to garner eight points in five games.

They are sixth on the 12-team championship.

The former Super Eagles coach told his club TV that he was delighted with the players’ determination and performance, saying they will improve.

"I am happy with the victory. It was not an easy game and coming out against a team like GBK is not easy. We stood our ground and got what we wanted,” Amokachi said.

"There have been improvements in the way we play and we keep getting better game after game."
http://africanfootball.com/news/629677/Amokachi-praises-Finnish-club-after-second-win

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2016
[size=14pt]
'The Beast' Akinfenwa fires Wimbledon to League 1
[/size]

Adebayo Akinfenwa 'The Beast'

Nigerian-born Adebayo Akinfenwa 'The Beast' may have played his last game for AFC Wimbledon but that did not stop him from scoring for them to win promotion to the English League 1.

Wimbledon, formed by fans, beat Plymouth Argyle 2-0 at Wembley on Monday in a final promotion playoff of League 2.

Akinfenwa converted a penalty deep into stoppage time after he came on as a 75th minute substitute.

This season, the 34-year-old bulky striker scored eight goals for Wimbledon, but has been released by the club.

After winning the final, he promptly sent out a come-and-get-me plea after what he described as a dream final.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629665/-The-Beast-Akinfenwa-fires-Wimbledon-to-League-1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria axe misfiring Ighalo for Ideye
[/size]

Ighalo has misfired for the Super Eagles

by Samm Audu

AfricanFootball.com has scooped that Watford striker Odion Ighalo will give way to Greece-based Brown Ideye on the Super Eagles starting IX against Luxembourg in tonight’s friendly.

Ideye was one of several sparkling substitutes in Friday’s win over Mali in France and he will be rewarded for what he showed in that game with a starting place ahead of Ighalo, who again struggled to reproduce club form for country.

The 26-year-old Ighalo has netted two goals in 10 matches for the Eagles.

“Ideye is really hungry to prove himself and he will get the nod ahead of Ighalo against Luxembourg,” an official informed AfricanFootball.com

“He played with a lot of experience against Mali and showed his class.”

Olympiacos striker Ideye, 27, is staging a long-awaited comeback after he was frozen out of the national team setup soon after the 2013 AFCON in South Africa, where his selfless runs helped Nigeria to clinch a third continental crown.

The West Brom flop has five goals in 25 appearances since his debut in 2010.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629673/Nigeria-axe-misfiring-Ighalo-for-Ideye
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kayode cries out Eagles snub slows Stoke City interest
[/size]

Kayode

by Samm Audu

Austria-based striker Olanrewaju Kayode has lamented that his lack of full international caps has slowed down interest from English Premier League club Stoke City.

Kayode, who has represented Nigeria at U17, U20 and Olympic team levels, finished as third leading scorer in the Austrian Bundesliga with 13 goals, but has so far been overlooked by the Super Eagles.

“There is interest for me in Germany from clubs like Wolfsburg and Schalke, but the interest from Stoke City has slowed down because I am not playing for the Super Eagles,” he lamented.

“I believe I should be given a chance in the Eagles especially after what I have achieved with my club in Austria.”

He will need to have played at least 75% of the Eagles matches in the last two years for him to stand a chance of getting a work permit in Britain.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629687/Kayode-cries-out-Eagles-snub-slows-Stoke-City-interest
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2016
Mehn!!!! The dude is so hulky.... grin

Adebayo Akinfenwa..... This guy na real life Soccer Hulk... forget that Brazilian Hulk wey dey play for Zenit St.Petersburg.. grin

Abeg, in case we dey play people like Sumo wrestlers' nation... wink

make we consider this guy abeg......
cheesy

Being the world's most physically powerful footballer no be small thing ooooo.... grin

Orkpekyandega:
[size=14pt]
'The Beast' Akinfenwa fires Wimbledon to League 1
[/size]

Adebayo Akinfenwa 'The Beast'

Nigerian-born Adebayo Akinfenwa 'The Beast' may have played his last game for AFC Wimbledon but that did not stop him from scoring for them to win promotion to the English League 1.

Wimbledon, formed by fans, beat Plymouth Argyle 2-0 at Wembley on Monday in a final promotion playoff of League 2.

Akinfenwa converted a penalty deep into stoppage time after he came on as a 75th minute substitute.

This season, the 34-year-old bulky striker scored eight goals for Wimbledon, but has been released by the club.

After winning the final, he promptly sent out a come-and-get-me plea after what he described as a dream final.
http://africanfootball.com/news/629665/-The-Beast-Akinfenwa-fires-Wimbledon-to-League-1

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:23pm On May 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Adebayo Akinfenwa..... This guy na real life Soccer Hulk... forget that Brazilian Hulk wey dey play for Zenit St.Petersburg.. grin

cheesy

Being the world's most physically powerful footballer no be small thing ooooo.... grin

LOL. He's not called a beast for nothing. I'm sure that his presence alone instills fear into the minds of the opponents. Even looking at him behind the computer screen is scary.

Akinfenwa reportedly weighs around 16 stone (101 kg) and can bench press 200 kg, almost double his own body weight. He is called the strongest footballer on earth.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

cheesy

Emenike's brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:30pm On May 31, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

I think you seem to be taking the issue too far. 'That somebody can easily be controlled doesn't mean you want to run down the person's personality. It might just be his observation.

Besides, you do not expect every body to prove statements or observations made here beyond reasonable doubt. It may not be healthy for the person's image.

Some persons on this thread or forum generally have very close contacts with some public figures. That is why I personally do not doubt every
insinuation on this forum.

To me it sounds like we are calling him weak minded but i guess it is up to the reader to make his own interpretation. Also I don't think Thegoodjoe has any contact with public figures if so there would be a plank in Siasia's head.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

To me it sounds like we are calling him weak minded but i guess it is up to the reader to make his own interpretation. Also I don't think Thegoodjoe has any contact with public figures if so there would be a plank in Siasia's head.

No contact at all. I only met Coach Monday Sinclair because we stayed in the same compound. Then some footballers who are loyal to the coach because of he raised them in the game.

That is all. The plank is still in my hand sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2016
Ideye and Iheanacho on song for the eagles 2-0.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:41pm On May 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No contact at all. I only met Coach Monday Sinclair because we stayed in the same compound. Then some footballers who are loyal to the coach because of he raised them in the game.

That is all. The plank is still in my hand sha.

Good because if he doesn't select Isaac Success I will need to borrow that said plank.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2016
3-1 Nigeria Ideye, Iheanacho, Ighalo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:37pm On May 31, 2016
Perhaps we should not be in a hurry to hire a foreign coach. Can we allow Salisu take us for the next few games. He seems to know what he is doing. Actually trying out the new boys.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2016
joseph1013:
Perhaps we should not be in a hurry to hire a foreign coach. Can we allow Salisu take us for the next few games. He seems to know what he is doing. Actually trying out the new boys.

“Iheanacho has showed signs of what he can do when given the opportunity with the national team, and I can say here that people are going to see more of him and other young players in the Super Eagles’’.. . Coach Salisu Yusuf said this after Iheanacho's two goals against Stoke City.

I hope the NFF and Nigerian fans gives Coach Salisu Yusuf a chance to blend in our young Stars.

Please patience.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2016
The Stars of Barcelona align for Iheanacho.

-Nacho grew up a huge fan of Barcelona.

-Yaya Toure who won the Champions League with Barcelona became one of Africa's greatest player at Man City.

-Nacho's U17 Assistant coach was Coach Amunike who played for Barcelona.

-Rodolfo Borrell who helped develop Messi, Fabregas works as one of that Manchester City technical staffs.

-Txiki Bergiristain who is Manchester City's technical director is a former Coach and technical director of Barcelona.

-Our Chief Executive, Ferran Soriano used to work for Barcelona.

-And, Guardiola, the Barcelona coach Nacho watched as a kid is now Nacho's coach.

“I support Barcelona because I watched the Spanish league. I saw Yaya [Toure] playing for Barcelona… and now I’m playing with him. It’s a dream come true."... Kelechi Iheanacho.

#TeamNacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:20pm On May 31, 2016
You guys should get on Snapchat and follow Alex Iwobi....I swear, he and Kelechi get up to no good every moment

You'll laugh your eyes out at their posts. Hilarious stuff!!! grin grin.....If I hear this boy is 23, how many 23 year olds play around like this?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:09am On Jun 01, 2016
The Man City Youth coaches said something when Nacho arrived the EDS and began his further development.... wink I am sure you remember.

The words remain with me always...... grin

They said, ".......... By the time we are done with Nacho (Iheanacho), we would make "a messi" outta him". wink

In Nacho, I see traits of many of the greats of the beautiful game from Pele to Eusebio, from Mario Kempes to Zico, from Marco Van Basten to even Romario, from George Weah to Jari Litmanen, from KANU Nwankwo to Samuel Eto'o fils, from C.Ronaldo the goals machine to Lionel Messi the alien himself....
wink wink wink

To be honest, I have super analysed Nacho's style, game, attitude to the sport, and more..... and I tell you confidently that Nacho is a super amalgam of all the names I mentioned above based on one or two traits related to each name and even some more not mentioned..... IHEANACHO HAS TRAITS OF SEVERAL Greats In HIS GAME and Overall attitude added upon his very own unique features.

This is why I strongly assert that in NACHO we have a player who won't go on to be the next Lionel Messi or next CR9 or CR7 (he was CR9 at Real before he became CR7 grin ).... noooooo..... We have an Original like Jay Jay Okocha was an original. KANU, Finidi, Amuneke, Yekini, and other key members of Nigeria's First Golden Generation were Originals. cheesy

"Iheanacho won't go on to be the next 'Anything' (be it next messi, next C.Ronaldo, or next Pele.... nope). He has traits from all of them.... This kid is gonna become the VERY FIRST KELECHI IHEANACHO"....-- SuperNerd's Super Computers/Super Analytics intelligence Advanced Research's final conclusion after 10th Super players potentials super diagnosis re-run of tests in His Special Super Labs. wink wink wink

Iheanacho will go on to become the First Iheanacho and soon people will come to associate the name "Iheanacho" with the terms, "World's best Footballer", " World Class Star", etc just like Einstein became associated with the word "Genius"..... you will think The names Einstein and Genius are super synonyms. Just like the way David is associated with the name Giant Slayer.... and more wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Even when you hear Messi today, tell me what comes to your mind? wink

Or when you hear Edison? Bill Gates? **think about it**

IHEANACHO HEADLINES A NEW SUPER GOLDEN ERA IN OUR FOOTBALL...... IT ALL BEGAN IN 2013. I will always keep citing the birth year as 2013 that began the rise of these Super talents home and abroad....

Even Ed Dove couldn't help but write a beautiful piece about Nigeria's New Golden Era on the rise wink wink wink

Read it here:
http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4079/features/2016/06/01/24148582/nigerias-new-era-begins-as-wonderkids-come-to-the-fore

THANK GOD THIS THREAD CARRIES A NAME THAT MATCHES WHAT WE ARE GRADUALLY WITNESSING AND ARE PART OF.......

"The Dawn of a new Era" smiley

[img]http://hookedoninspiration.files./2013/06/dawn-of-a-new-era_1.jpg?w=1212&h=612[/img]

TheGoodJoe:
The Stars of Barcelona align for Iheanacho.

-Nacho grew up a huge fan of Barcelona.

-Yaya Toure who won the Champions League with Barcelona became one of Africa's greatest player at Man City.

-Nacho's U17 Assistant coach was Coach Amunike who played for Barcelona.

-Rodolfo Borrell who helped develop Messi, Fabregas works as one of that Manchester City technical staffs.

-Txiki Bergiristain who is Manchester City's technical director is a former Coach and technical director of Barcelona.

-Our Chief Executive, Ferran Soriano used to work for Barcelona.

-And, Guardiola, the Barcelona coach Nacho watched as a kid is now Nacho's coach.

“I support Barcelona because I watched the Spanish league. I saw Yaya [Toure] playing for Barcelona… and now I’m playing with him. It’s a dream come true."... Kelechi Iheanacho.

#TeamNacho

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), soetanoreoluwa(m), Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.