Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,498 members, 7,836,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11790165 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:41am On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
So you only chose to reply this one huh? After schooling you on your lies on K.Nwakali not being ever named among the top 100 teens ba? I told you he made Marca's Top 50 in 2017 but ofcos you stylishly and shamefully will not quote that one ehn? cheesy

Everything you have spilled... And I mean everything you have reeled out on that kid is a lie. You always try to sound right but mister, YOU ARE WRONG. Your views on our Nigerian youth grade graduates are almost always in the negative. It stinks and I will have none of it flying around without some counters.

Me calling you liar is based on so many things mister "Southgate" like your lies on K.Nwakali and your deceitfully cunning way of stating half truths and running with silly selective analyses.
All season Kayode also had a poor goal return and you refuse to call that poor... But with Nacho... You are quick to say Poor... Is that not the height of hypocrisy and selective analysis? This rubbish of yours better be curtailed mister because I know exactly who you are and what you do. I did my homework man but i respect people's privacy. Just stick to what you know and stop polluting the thread with your half truths syndrome. It stinks so bad honestly.

And yes on this league rating... You lied! I recall your use of Europe big five and also Europe's top seven many aeons ago on this thread. When we talk Europe's Big Seven... There is no Ukraine. There is huge difference between 7 and 8... And it is 1. 1 is the different between failure and pass in secondary schools man... Just one mark or one thing or one decision can decide a man's fate. So ONE is very huge. Deal with it. cheesy

And I repeat... Kayode does not merit a place on the final list of 30 above Ighalo, Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa, Simon Moses, Alex Iwobi, Victor Moses and Simy Nwankwo. All these guys did it in bigger leagues than Kayode and against high quality oppositions.

Ofcos China is not bigger than Ukraine... but we know who Ighalo is to the team. The team's top no.9 and has done his thing in the EPL and most importantly... he is still on song in China... Also Simon Moses is in Belgium which is below Ukraine but he earns his place as he is a winger and has proven himself in the GWG.. kayode is a 9 and yes... he has not been given enough games to show his stuff in the GWG but this is because of other forwards ahead of him... his time will come. Patience is key.

All (ofcos Chinese league is not done yet) finished their seasons very strong.

All except Simy have proven themselves in the GWG and are all way ahead of Kayode in the national team set up...

Simy edged Kayode simply because he brings something different with his height plus style of play and also because he was doing the deed and finished strongly in the Serie A unlike Kayode who also finished very strongly but was doing it in Ukraine.

Serie A >>>>> Ukraine. You cannot compare the quality of both leagues.

What about Ebere Paul Onuachu who outscored all Nigerian forwards in Europe? Why wasn't he picked or called up? No one is talking about him... But why should we? He is in Denmark... Kayode's Ukraine is even way way way ahead of the Danish League.

All these things have to do with "IMPACT FACTORS"... Every league has an impact factor... If I am able to score 10 goals with 11 assists and put in some strong performances in the danish league... There is no way it can be compared to the impact factor of another who scored 5 goals with 5 assists in the LA liga..... Impact factor is the key and this is why Kayode does not edge anyone on that list

Rohr picked Simy and justifiably so because he has already seen Kayode a couple of times in training and believes in Simy he can see something different... If Simy fails...then that is his f**king cup of tea.

He only would have edged out Lokosa but unfortunately Lokosa on the local front was doing things even better than what Stephen Odey was doing last season in the NPFL. Rohr and his crew just had to recognise the man, Junior Lokosa because his stats for a forward on the local front was staggering. Ofcos in terms of impact factors... Kayode's 3 goals edges... But fact is... Lokosa is based in Nigeria and the issue of giving the local players a chance with the team is always constant. Lokosa would never have been called up had his goal stats not been way up there in the NPFL (18goals in 21 games before his invite). This is why Lokosa had to be included... For the local front's sake. But the others in the forward positions all edged out Kayode on pure merit.

This is why I find your stance on insisting Kayode deserves a chance in the list of 30 very very funny considering his goals return all season.

Forgiveness, when trying to give us a breakdown of some of the forwards' stats all season in all comps... He did something very very funny... (egbon forgiveness... You know it because I caught you...) grin

Forgiveness gave us Kayode's goals stats for only his time at Shahktar ( a half season stats)

Then he dropped goals stats for Nacho and Simy for the entire season... and wanted is to do comparison... That is utterly unfair analysis.

See... You and Forgiveness agree on a lot of things and ofcos I know why..... But at least... Try to be holistically balanced in your analyses... Coz it irritates me so much to see so many half truths flying around here. It annoys me.

We won't build the best Super Eagles based on half truths. We will build it based on full and very balanced truths.

I personally don't want Kayode in Ukraine... I want him in a top 5 league. I hope Ukraine can only launch him into a top five league. I have followed that lad from 2009 U-17s where he wore the No.10 shirt as a very lively striker. Ajagun wore no.9 but was a midfielder.

Both players caught my eyes and I have been excited about them even more than I was about Onazi. Onazi was not even a prominent feature in that 2009 team. He was mostly benched.

I have a dream of a Really Super, Super Eagles side and want the best in every position lined up for us from the regulars to the bench to the fringes and to the prospects. I Dont f**king care what a player is called or where he is from so long as he can ball and has those footballing qualities,skills and attributes to make us really great.

This is part of why I don't appreciate when some of us here take the dirty path of rubbishing another player to promote another. Egbon Forgiveness, forgive me... But you do that a lot without knowing it. I understand your passion as well... But you really must learn and try to apply calm and balanced analytical approaches to things like this.

When you clamoured for Bryan Idowu, And even brought up Tyrone Ebuehi... I did my homework and found out that indeed we have quality prospects in those two... And here they are in the team. So relax... Those two are just two of several you spoke about... I remember also mentioning a few from time to time from way back... Sir Tbaba1234 also will spot some and mention... and we all will begin following. So far so good... Some are in... But some are still yet to get a chance... But time is still coming.

I know you want to see the best of The Super Eagles but you must stop the mentality of rubbishing some players who are actually quality because of those you feel and you passionately desire to have on the team. I understand we all have favorites and it is okay... But for me... You as a player become among my favorites when I see what your abilities, traits and footballing attributes bring to the Super Eagles for the present and for the long run too.

For example, I love Isaac Success so much that I spoke out against how Komekn called him a waste man... But when the 30-man list was released... And some on twitter were cursing Rohr for not including Success... I laughed and said they are on drugs. because I know the truth.
But guess what... I still believe in Isaac Success' talents... I call him the beast and I hope he can get his acts together and rise up to fulfill his huge potentials.

Let this half truths nonsense stop. If we must analyse. We must do it ly and holistically and not comparing one's half season stats with another 's full season stats.

And we must be ready to use same indices of arguments and ratings for all our players... Not today Komekn says A when judging Iheanacho and will switch to B when judging Tammy Abraham... It is so so funny and amateurish... And we must accept that some leagues are just way bigger than others. Impact factor counts a lot. This is why even after K.Nwakali's outstanding showing against Atletico... I have been against anyone bringing up talk of his calls to the Super Eagles for Russia. Ofcos Rohr won't even do it even if we all say he should ne called up... But I had to take the right stand and say... "Let the boy grow... His time will still come but he has shown us he is indeed one for the future."

This is World cup Season... We must want the best for this team and stop polluting this thread with wrong perspectives on our players or running with half truths... This is the time for Truth to be spilled in its fullness.

No selective analysis biko. Thank you.

Hahahahahaha! You are trying very hard to discredit the quality of Shakhtar Donetsk because they play in the Ukrainian league.

Are you saying because Shakhtar Donetsk plays in the Ukrainian league they are below clubs in the Seria A, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga and EPL?

If yes, Did Shakhtar Donetsk had impact factor on Manchester City, Napoli and Roma which are currently the best teams in the EPL and Seria A? grin

If yes, why?

However, what was the Brazilian coach thinking for choosing two players from the lowly Ukrainian league, Taison and Fred ahead of Williams Joe who scored 15 goals in the La Liga and Malcom who 12 in the Ligue 1? Remember these are in the top 5 leagues in the world. grin

Well, my own personal opinion is the two are playing in a bigger and better club with a winning mentality. The impact factor is the winning mentality.

Perhaps, the coach preference. EOD

So, let us rest it.

However, I don't understand what you mean by that bolded. It's not true because I posted Kayode's full season though one game was still outstanding and I did the same for others. The only mistake I made was the one assist which I immediately acknowledged was not adding Kelechi's one assist. Nothing more.

This is the snapshot of what I posted and the current Kayode's full season after he played the one match left.

What is the difference?

So, where is the half truth?

Besides, if I rubbish any player, can you please show how I did that?

In my own personal opinion, I also think you rubbish some players knowingly or unknowingly.

Anyway, let us move on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:51am On May 26, 2018
KELECHI NWAKALI IS MIKEL'S NATURAL SUCCESSOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTtajGASa6U

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:52am On May 26, 2018
Finally I am done... you guys are lightening fast.... Just over 48 hours+ away see how much you all ran...

And By the time I return, maybe I will meet like 100 pages to cover... Lol...

Sir Edi287.... It is well my man. It is in the past now.

And please Gentlemen and ladies of this great thread... When you see an odd or a weird moniker walk in here only to spill what is against the spirit of this thread... My advice is for you to just ignore.

Jump and pass over those comment. Abeg... Believe me... Nothing irks them now than to see how ignored they are. Please... And also please don't be too quick to push off a new moniker who walks in too oooo... Some may actually be here to join the family. I trust una naa... I trust you shall all discern them well.

Biko make una take care una here... Sir Chriskels... Plsss keep dropping it like it's hot abeg... Whether I dey or I no dey... Lol

Sir Tbaba1234... You are the man. Ever consistent... Carry on Big Sir. cheesy

Chief Icon4s.... I am loving your throwbacks but I await one particular throwback oooo... cheesy grin I wan see am when I get back... Hahahahahahahahaha... We must throw back "everything" wink

Sir Joebie... Abeg moderate these people well shaa ooo.. As na you be the keys keeper for here; you know all their rooms and na you go welcome any new one wey show up for join in my small absence ooo... Hehehehehehe... May the force be with you.

Always remember guys (and ladies)... And Sir Edi287 (yup... We got you)

**sings** We... are one... big E-familyyyyyyyyy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56am On May 26, 2018
Uhmmm... Shahktar is actually a top club in Europe... They are no. 15 or 14 I believe right? Not sure... But definitely in top 20. I only will like Kayode's stay there because of the UCL. I even said so to you earlier on this convo remember? That I will love Kayode to play UCL football.

I have no issues with Shahktar. I only have issues with rhe league's quality. A player of his talent based on what I have noticed having followed him over the years deserve a place in one of the big 5 of Europe. And I sincerely hope Ukraine is a huge stepping stone to that level.

So it is not about Shahktar the club....nope... It is about the league Ukraine. I want Kayode in a Big 5.

forgiveness:

Hahahahahaha! You are trying very hard to discredit the quality of Shakhtar Donetsk because they play in the Ukrainian league.

Are you saying because Shakhtar Donetsk plays in the Ukrainian league they are below clubs in the Seria A, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga and EPL?

If yes, Did Shakhtar Donetsk had impact factor on Manchester City, Napoli and Roma which are currently the best teams in the EPL and Seria A? grin

If yes, why?

However, what was the Brazilian coach thinking for choosing two players from the lowly Ukrainian league, Taison and Fred ahead of Williams Joe who scored 15 goals in the La Liga and Malcom who 12 in the Ligue 1? Remember these are in the top 5 leagues in the world. grin

Well, my own personal opinion is the two are playing in a bigger and better club with a winning mentality. The impact factor is the winning mentality.

So, let us rest it.

However, I don't understand what you mean by that bolded. It's not true because I posted Kayode's full season though one game was still outstanding and I did the same for others. The only mistake I made was the one assist which I immediately acknowledged was not adding Kelechi's one assist. Nothing more.

This is the snapshot of what I posted and the current Kayode's full season after he played the one match left.

What is the difference?

In my own personal opinion, I also think you rubbish some players knowingly or unknowingly.

Anyway, let us move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04am On May 26, 2018
Lastly... Read up on what I mean by a league's impact factor. We even have that in medicine. wink

And yeah... I misunderstood you a bit there on the stats you posted. My apologies. From those stats with Nacho's three assists now corrected to four as I said earlier pages ago we can see that Nacho, Musa and Simy had it slightly better than Kayode. And when we bring in leagues involved... The impact factor plays out. Nacho, Musa and Simy all did it in bigger and better leagues than the Ukrainian league.

Paul Ebere Onuachu outscored Nacho... Outscored Musa and even Simy. But we are not even talking about him. Perspective man. Have some perspective.
By the way, He plays in "Denmark" as you know.

And uhmmm.. Lol.. everyone on here... Okay... Let me say what I think I am certain of... "Almost" everyone on here knows the bolded is a big fat lie... I don't even have to speak for myself on that. Lol

And Fred and Taison picks were because they did it as major influential players in a top team like Shahktar and they also excelled in the UCL... The World's no.1 and biggest club competition.
Malcolm for instance is ligue 1 only but Fred and Taison were not just restricted to Ukraine. They played UCL football and excelled too against some of the best. They were picked for their impacts and major influences in Shahktar's successes this past season... Fine UCL campaign, league success and cup success. Kayode just came into Shahktar... He is not responsible for Shahktar's triumph. So his case is different compared to Fred's and Taison's.

Even in the use of stats... You sometimes choose to be selective. You did this in a very wrong way in the Solanke-Nacho debate where I had to dig out their time stats and goals stats to show you that a point you made to rubbish Nacho was false. I am a stats god... And I always insist on full analyses and proper breakdown of stats. I don't do selective stats talk.

But it is well... After all is said and done, yes, let us move on. And move on we shall.... wink

forgiveness:

If yes, why?

So, let us rest it.

What is the difference?

Anyway, let us move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:19am On May 26, 2018
THIS KID SHOULD BE IN LA MASIA. 9JA GOT TALENT,DAMN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0e1_oqzwA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2018
Which one be all this arguement now ? The truth is that everyone on this thread is a tribalist. To be human is to be a tribalist. Now being a tribalist and domineering is the problem. Some people here love Kelechi Iheanacho and Eastern sounding name Super Eagles players die, Forgiveness did not call them tribalist oooo. Imagine people asking for Onyekuru who had a season ending injury to be invited to play in the world cup ? Or Kelechi Nwakali who in my opinion is a super talent but had never being invited by Rohr even for meaningless friendlies to be invited to go to Russia against all their previous arguement that ;

1) Coach knows best.

2) Players should be selected based on pedigree of competition they face in their clubs (League rating and division)

3) Team cohesion and chemistry (Rohr's is sticking with the team that qualified us)

4) Already entrenched players to play that position in the team.

Forgiveness's initial issue was the waste space given to Lokossa, asking why Kayode was not given that space, which in all honesty makes sense or would you say Lokossa is a better gamble than Kayode ?

A lot of folks during this forgiveness and tribalist arguement have contradicted themselves. We are Nigerians, we have our blindspots and we also have our angle of viewing issues.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16am On May 26, 2018
The second bolded had already been addressed by myself, Sir Tbaba1234 and a few others. Lokosa is in no bloody way better as a footballer than Kayode. But because of his goals stats in the NPFL and as a local player doing so, Rohr had to ride on courtesy and extend him an invitation. The issue of encouraging the hardwork of our local lads has always been a constant in our national team. If Rohr didn't invite a player having 18 goals in 21 games in the NPFL... It would be termed a big injustice and also said that he doesn't seek to help encourage the local lads.

So it was not for ability that Lokosa was picked but for his goals stats on the local front which, even you must confess, is too good to be ignored.

And uhmm... Who is even taking K.Nwakali seriously as regards Russia? Are you guys just making this up or what? It is agreed by most here that he cannot be included in the squad and for obvious reasons. He still lacks the experience to function at that level. Super Talented, he is but he needs to still mature.

And sorry... I don't agree with the first bolded. Speak for yourself. Some or even several of us here are certainly not tribalists. It is the truth.

ykalhaji:
Which one be all this arguement now ? The truth is that everyone on this thread is a tribalist. To be human is to be a tribalist. Now being a tribalist and domineering is the problem. Some people here love Kelechi Iheanacho and Eastern sounding name Super Eagles players die, Forgiveness did not call them tribalist oooo. Imagine people asking for Onyekuru who had a season ending injury to be invited to play in the world cup ? Or Kelechi Nwakali who in my opinion is a super talent but had never being invited by Rohr even for meaningless friendlies to be invited to go to Russia against all their previous arguement that ;

1) Coach knows best.

2) Players should be selected based on pedigree of competition they face in their clubs (League rating and division)

3) Team cohesion and chemistry (Rohr's is sticking with the team that qualified us)

Forgiveness's initial issue was the waste space given to Lokossa, asking why Kayode was not given that space, which in all honesty makes sense or would you say Lokossa is a better gamble than Kayode?

A lot of folks during this forgiveness and tribalist arguement have contradicted themselves. We are Nigerians, we have our blindspots and we also have our angle of viewing issues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:39am On May 26, 2018
ykalhaji:
Which one be all this arguement now ? The truth is that everyone on this thread is a tribalist. To be human is to be a tribalist. .

Bros, capital lie!!

Tribe has never been a consideration for me on this thread. None of the players in the super eagles is from my tribe. Last time i checked, i am human.

There is nothing wrong in loving your tribe's heritage, language, culture and people.

Tribalism on the other hand is when you consider others as inferior. That is problematic and is definitely not an integral part of being human.

We all have our preferences and even prejudices but that is normal. This is why we interact and learn from each other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02am On May 26, 2018
Mikel on Rohr, the friendlies and the team's underdog status

“With due respect to the other coaches who I have had the priviledge of working under, Gernot Rohr has had the most profound impact on the team. He’s brought a new work ethic, discipline and positive energy and a new way of doing things professionally,” Tianjin Teda star Mikel said.

“I missed the last two friendly games due to visa issues but I’m here now and the preparation is in top gear,” Mikel added.

“We lost against Serbia due to some mistakes but they are not major things that cannot be rectified. We are working on them and I’m sure this team will come out stronger. I’m optimistic about this team and I know we will do well at the World Cup. We just have to be focused and disciplined. We have to go in as underdogs but we must prove that we are as good as any team on the day.”

Source: CSN.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:05am On May 26, 2018
Mikel essentially said that Rohr is the best Nigerian coach, he has worked under not Keshi, Oliseh, Siasia, etc...

Big credit to Rohr.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:09am On May 26, 2018
Tbaba, go sleep naa....you be robot?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:10am On May 26, 2018
ykalhaji:

1) Coach knows best.

Forgiveness's initial issue was the waste space given to Lokossa, asking why Kayode was not given that space, which in all honesty makes sense or would you say Lokossa is a better gamble than Kayode ?

And your point is??

anybody calling or complaining about a olayer not called at this stage has very strong issue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:14am On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

“With due respect to the other coaches who I have had the priviledge of working under, Gernot Rohr has had the most profound impact on the team. He’s brought a new work ethic, discipline and positive energy and a new way of doing things professionally,” Tianjin Teda star Mikel said.

“I missed the last two friendly games due to visa issues but I’m here now and the preparation is in top gear,” Mikel added.

“We lost against Serbia due to some mistakes but they are not major things that cannot be rectified. We are working on them and I’m sure this team will come out stronger. I’m optimistic about this team and I know we will do well at the World Cup. We just have to be focused and disciplined. We have to go in as underdogs but we must prove that we are as good as any team on the day.”

Rohr doesnt have that typical Nigerian arrogance found in most of our coaches. Its obvious he is very wise with his choice of words,body language and players management. Everything nobi gragra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:15am On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The second bolded had already been addressed by myself, Sir Tbaba1234 and a few others. Lokosa is in no bloody way better as a footballer than Kayode. But because of his goals stats in the NPFL and as a local player doing so, Rohr had to ride on courtesy and extend him an invitation. The issue of encouraging the hardwork of our local lads has always been a constant in our national team. If Rohr didn't invite a player having 18 goals in 21 games in the NPFL... It would be termed a big injustice and also said that he doesn't seek to help encourage the local lads.

So it was not for ability that Lokosa was picked but for his goals stats on the local front which, even you must confess, is too good to be ignored.

And uhmm... Who is even taking K.Nwakali seriously as regards Russia? Are you guys just making this up or what? It is agreed by most here that he cannot be included in the squad and for obvious reasons. He still lacks the experience to function at that level. Super Talented, he is but he needs to still mature.

And sorry... I don't agree with the first bolded. Speak for yourself. Some or even several of us here are certainly not tribalists. It is the truth.

your first paragraph is not right, you have barely watch lokosa play, how do you know his not better than kayode.

I want to believe in Rohr and his decision not because i love all his decision but because is his job and he will take responsibility of it and we truly can't change nothing. all we need to do now is support them .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:20am On May 26, 2018
Martz101:

your first paragraph is not right, you have barely watch lokosa play, how do you know his not better than kayode.

I want to believe in Rohr and his decision not because i love all his decision but because is his job and he will take responsibility of it and we truly can't change nothing. all we need to do now is support them .

Kayode has been assessed more than once and going by Rohr body language he (Kayode) didnt measure up. Enough with this Kayode craze,its not like he is so outstanding.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28am On May 26, 2018
I have seen Lokosa in several clips and videos I see on the NPFL. He is not better than Kayode. Kayode is also proven at a much higher level than Lokosa... but that is not the issue. Ability wise... I can honestly state that Kayode is better.

But I have given what is obviously the reason behind why Lokosa got that final slot in the 30-man list for the forwards. His goals stats on the local front is crazy and needs to be encouraged. His inclusion is a reward for this local lad's hardwork. A plus to the NPFL.

And on support for the team... come on... they have it from me 1000000000000000000000000% (I honestly have no idea how many zeroes I typed... grin )

Martz101:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:30am On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

This Team A na Ojoro
Ofcourse, they will win..
Mikel, Joel Obi and Etebo
Then Awaziem Omeruo Shehu Idowu defence
Na full team
Lol....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:31am On May 26, 2018
Martz101:

Lokosa highlights are on youtube. There is no wow factor in them. Besides, this is his first season in the top flight. He has been rewarded for good form which is great. We do not know how good he is because of the level, he is playing at the moment.

Kayode has had good scoring records in much better leagues and has played with far better competition including Roma in the Europa league.

Based on what we know of their careers, Kayode is much better but Lokosa could be a diamond in the rough. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:36am On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

Lol....

My brother even me sef weak when I see Team A. Midfield generals full dia naa... Ball holders... Bad asses...how dem wan lose kwanu?

I was like....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39am On May 26, 2018
So long y'all.... See you when I return... wink

And if you are on instagram (Actually I am not).... Please don't forget to....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:44am On May 26, 2018
ykalhaji:

1) Coach knows best.

if you have nothing reasonable to say sometimes....better you stay quiet and keep reading comments....
what's up with the defensive words you put up there to at least defend the rigours of tribalism at sway on this thread...?

I advocate for all players I think has something good to bring to the table...probably they may be more from the eastern region...I don't care...

I am from edo state...bini by tribe...I have never lived in the east neither have I been there.... only lived in southwest and also currently living in the north....

so how many of my tribes men have you seen me fight for their inclusion in the super eagles even start crying of them being marginalized as a particular moniker her... sayn a particular tribe is trying to be omitted from coaching the country's football team....it's like you are new here...

some of the players I berate most here are from my state: Victor Moses, jude Ighalo, elderson and even osaze I forbid from returning to the super eagles, I think someone even accuse me here that it's like I should better say I don't like osaze.....

please think prior your post...
had it been forgiveness advocacy was not embroiled in tribal recourse..... I guess folks won't troop in to always accuse him... this is not the first time an outsider claim to be in readers mode.... coming in to accuse him of tribalism.
you need put on your thinking cap and ask yourself why haven't any accuse any other moniker here....save for him.
it goes show that there is something fishy behind his post....

common sense truely is like a flower that does not grow in every man's garden
there many other Yoruba brothers here but none have been accused....
I was surprised to read elyte, sir Joseph and even edi to be Yorubas but you will never know because their basic reason is to promote the super eagles and not their ethnic group.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:53am On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

My brother even me sef weak when I see Team A. Midfield generals full dia naa... Ball holders... Bad asses...how dem wan lose kwanu?

I was like....

but we all agreed that the bench should be as strong as the 11 generals on the field...

there is no excuse for that loss.... at all.
and could you imagine same team B lost to team C...
I think we really need to start putting out eyes on that team B.... some players in that team are close to the exit door...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:53am On May 26, 2018
E don do,my people my people in Okorocha's voice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga, do you understand FIFA rules concerning submission of provisional list and players selection at all?

oga icon please forgive me....
you know how he dey be sometimes even when you don get wetin you want your eye go still dey outside.
well....I hope for the best.

you said something sometime...ago...that the heir apparent to Mikel's role in the midfield... is nwakali.... now it is becoming real....I pray he keeps growing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:06am On May 26, 2018
Denmark head coach Age Hareide on France:

“The big teams at the World Cup are the best. But not France. I don’t believe in this team.

“We are going to face them and I will be damned if we don’t give them a hard time. I saw them against Sweden in June last year in Stockholm and I didn’t think they showed they were anything special.”

On Pogba

He played against Manchester City with his hair dyed blue and white, maybe he’ll have it red and white to play us,”

“Damn it, he cares so much about his appearance…”

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:07am On May 26, 2018
This Denmark coach has no chill..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eawwal(m): 6:33am On May 26, 2018
Naijaphobia:
Wetin super eagles guys do wey them punish them say make them kneel down, hands up and close their eyes.If I see VicMo there then I know say them dey punish late comers. Ejoor sir! Please forgive.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:35am On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

oga icon please forgive me....
you know how he dey be sometimes even when you don get wetin you want your eye go still dey outside.
well....I hope for the best.

you said something sometime...ago...that the heir apparent to Mikel's role in the midfield... is nwakali.... now it is becoming real....I pray he keeps growing.

No wahala.

I know we get carried away sometimes by emotions.

The Athletico Madrid game has really exposed how Kelechi Nwakali has progressed. We hope to see him join the national team post Russia.

This is one of the good fruits of the LMC and NFF initiatives to gather some of these players. Something TheGoodJoe and I have clamored for. And with that now we really know those that are ready to join the national team ranks.

I please emplore the NFF to organize more of such games and extend invitations to more young players.

We need a standing pool of uncapped U23 players whether there is Olympics or not. We keep organizing friendlies for them and then pick those that have been identified to have the quality to move to the next level which is the Super Eagles.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:40am On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:
Gernot Rohr on the call for Nwakali:

You cannot say that we should take some players after the holiday match against Atletico. They came with a second team and the plan was to see them for the future. I have no regrets with my selection.

“My real regret is that people talk about players not on the list than those on the list. This is not fair as we have many interesting players on that team as well”,
all of una you see your self. Abeg respect this man's decision. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eawwal(m): 6:54am On May 26, 2018
charlesemeka85:
KELECHI NWAKALI IS MIKEL'S NATURAL SUCCESSOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTtajGASa6U
Wow
This guy got good passes
I love his passes especially the diagonal ones

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:55am On May 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Rohr has truly revolutionized the Super Eagles! The man deserves some credit. If it were to be before, we will still be looking for the players called up to camp. I hope we can have someone who will bring continuation when Rohr leaves

(1) (2) (3) ... (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, Oasis007(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979, zuchyblink(m), lovewins and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.