Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11927216 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) (3838) ... (16335) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I will play Ighalo on the RW , VicMo on LW , Simmy CF and Mikel AM.
And Ndidi and Ogu as DMs... Chai!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ouch! You guys can be brutal.

But I agree with you on one thing: Etebo is a true utility player. I believe he can play anywhere in the pitch except for, perhaps, CB. And that's why he would be on the plane going to Russia. You need such players in any team.

O pari

Mujtahida:

Etebo can play everywhere but actually cannot play anywhere if we judge by his performances thus far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
Kog45:
Sir what is football age but his real age Google should do that for you.

Kai O pari master you want to start another debate on age?NO

I dey gbadun your analysis on Nigeria/England so continue and leave Onazi age matter.
he is right you know lol..reminds me of philip osondu issue when he went to belgium..abeg make i match brake here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mujtahida:

Yes I have memory of the games they featured in but that post by you doesn't capture things like number of dribbles, crosses, assists etc

The starter talk is what that stats debunked.

If you look at the 1. It is goal and assist.

Iwobi 2 goals. Moses 2 goals and 1 assist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
Aina and iwobi dancing shaku shaku

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
In just 3 minutes, Nigeria's home world cup kit sells out...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Icon79:
Ouch! You guys can be brutal.

But I agree with you on one thing: Etebo is a true utility player. I believe he can play anywhere in the pitch except for, perhaps, CB. And that's why he would be on the plane going to Russia. You need such players in any team.

O pari

I've now gone beyond who makes it to Russia. I'm thinking who will be effective in Russia but may God help John Ogu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hope Akpan, Nigerian International

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
No, 2 players still na.
somehow:
So we're left with 1 player to be dropped between ogu, agu, elderson and aina since simon isnt going....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
No just 1 minute
Daninya11:
In just 3 minutes, Nigeria's home world cup kit sells out...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
ChrisKels:
Hey guys, while some unknown mofos are here trynna talk down on our up and coming stars, read what dedicated young hope "Tosin Kehinde" has to say about the Super Eagles next generation of stars, especially, KC Nwakali ;

Exclusive: Tosin Kehinde – Next Generation Of Super Eagles Exciting

Posted By: soccerass on: June 01, 2018In: The DugoutNo Comments
Print Email.

Nigeria’s Super Eagles are set for their sixth appearance at the world cup tournament and many are filled with contained options.

The general consensus is while the current setup is not as complete as the legendary 94/96 set, they are still loaded with a truckload of talented individuals and coupled with the resolute efficiency their German tactician Gernot Rohr brings they should be capable of ruffling more than a few feathers in Russia.

One person who shares this belief is Manchester Uniteds Nigerian wonder-kid Tosin Kehinde who himself recently declared his readiness to don the nations green white green.

The 19 year old Lagos born Tosin who admires the unbridled skill of the legendary Jay Jay Okocha is convinced the current squad are going to cause more than a few upsets in Russia.

“Of course we can make an Impact at the world cup” Tosin told Soccer Assembly
“We have a tricky group but we should make it out…. from there we have to stay solid in the back and work our way up the field with confidence.”
“We have players that are good on the ball that can do that”.

“When the opportunity comes we have to be clinical… once we earn our respect and a good reputation early on in the competition, we have a good shot to do something special!”

However while he admires the current squad, Tosin who says he is already ready for National team duties see the upcoming generation of which he is a part of as equally as talented and exciting .

“The next generation of players coming through are really exciting! Really exciting times !” Tosin told Soccer Assembly after Nigeria’s exhibition game against Europa league Champions Atletico Madrid in which Arsenal Youngster Kelechi Nwakali scored a sensational goal

“Kelechi is a beast” Tosin said of Nwakalis goal with unhidden admiration, “Amazing! His technique and range is simply amazing”
“Ebere Eze is another young Nigerian player with so much promise. He has very good feet and can do amazing things with the ball”.

QPR’s Eze also looks set for a role with the Super Eagles in the near future and trained with the team in London back in March
Surely a team with him, Nwakali, Kehinde and the many other youngsters is a tantalizing prospect to envisaged.

Tosin has had an excellent season with Manchester Uniteds U23s and while he may not have closed particularly too well no thanks to injuries he has been severally tipped to be a first teamer come next season.

Barring any last minute hitches this future Eagles star will be at Wembley taking notes from the present with an eye on the future . . . . .

To agent Southgate and Saint Forgiveness can u guys see how a true Nigeria should speak of his team even though he resides overseas? The same Nwakali who you two were/are bickering over his invitation is being exalted here by one who plays and understands the game, that goes to show you two that what u feel or think about "the beast" like Kehinde put it, is inconsequential

Nwakali is a good player but he doesn't deserves to be on the 35 man list. I hope you get the gist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
asha80:
Senegal drew with Luxembourg in a friendly
Ah don' bilivit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Croatia Defender Corluka More Worried By Musa Than Messi
1 June 1, 2018 10:53 am

Croatia defender Vedran Corluka has pinpointed Ahmed Musa as one of the main threats in the Super Eagles team ahead of their opening Group D clash at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Both players featured in the Russian Premier League last seaso and are expected to be named in the final squads for Nigeria and Croatia who will face off at the Kaliningrad Stadium on the 16th of June.

Argentina and Iceland are the other teams in the group.

Musa, one of the experienced players in Nigeria’s World Cup bound squad, played for CSKA Moscow on loan from Leicester City last season, scoring seven goals in 16 appearances.

“I have not been thinking much about Messi, because we face Nigeria first, a match that will determine our chances of reaching the next round,” Corluka who plays for Lokomotiv Moscow told net.hr.
“I know some Nigerian players, especially Musa from CSKA Moscow.

“He (Musa) is very fast, pretty good and it will not be easy for us.
“Every group is tough, everyone will come prepared. Against Brazil we will play the maximum because it is not possible for such a rival.

“Messi is phenomenal, everyone will enjoy playing against him, but this is not important for us.”

Musa has scored 13 goals in 69 international appearances for the national team since he made his debut in 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/croatia-defender-corluka-more-worried-by-musa-than-messi/
I don tire for Corluka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
And Ndidi and Ogu as DMs... Chai!!

But since. Ndidi is not fit Joel and Ogu or Joel and Agu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
What position does he play and how good is he?

he is an attacking milfielder...i am not talking about Omidiji ooo but this pocket sized battleship in the video...Adekunle?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
It has become quite difficult to keep up with the pace of this thread no thanks to the poor network reception I've been getting here...

I'm quite excited about tomorrow's game though.. if we beat England, it will boost the player's morale and send out a message to our opponent that we are no pushovers(I'm afraid that may backfire grin).. I personally don't believe that England football team is over hyped, at least not this set.. England has always produced some of the world best footballers, but for some strange reasons,they don't blend well as a team. my guess is that it has to do with the fact that a lot of them hardly play outside England...
They are gonna be tough on us tomorrow for sure.. they don't joke with friendlies....

As regard the final list,I think its now down to 2 of Aina, Echijele, Agu, and Joel Obi... But the first three are the most likely to drop .. it would be very unfair if Rohr doesn't give them one last chance to prove themselves tomorrow..

I don't believe Ogu is in danger of missing out.. Rohr has already seen what he has to offer the team... his exclusion from the DR Congo game must have been because Rohr wanted to give Joel and Agu more chance... the last midfield slot will b between Joel and Agu. Its evident that Rohr likes Agu,but at the same time he feels Joel can offer something better to d midfield...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Joebie:
Yes and purple. I’ve forgotten the moniker that brought up that great suggestion
Let's do it green. You know the symbolism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
The ball holding ability of our DMFs & CMFs is very poor and that's one of the reason they can't dictate play from the deep. Joel Obi whom we all expect to step up and bring his holding ability and dribbling skills to the table has failed so far.

Their is need for calmness in those positions. No need to be in haste in making forward passes. Onazi, Etebo and now Joel have all been culprit so far. Their hastefulness in making passes is only making us loose possession unnecessarily in the midfield-which is not good for us going forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

But the resentment some players had towards the LEGENDARY Rashidi Yekini(the greatest Nigerian striker) would not let them to even drop a pass for the man. Rashidi scored a goal and celebrated it all by himself...very sad and to see how he died like a nobody is very embarrassing for the black race. We need to love our black brothers more, we need love in AFRICA
Im still wondering what could have triggered such resentment towards the striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I just hope our scout is doing the same. Any idea?
Our scout is more likely to be in the 007 tradition. Sub - rosa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
isan:
Aina and iwobi dancing shaku shaku

When dem drop am wetin em go dance? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
The midfield trio of Mikel,Joel Obi and Onazi will most likely start against England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lol cheesy well if he didn't not play tomorrow then he will be dropped
forgiveness:

When dem drop am wetin em go dance? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Some analysts say Ebuehi did not measure up, I tire. Ebuehi, Balogun and Awaziem are the most technical defenders we have
When I read that comment I just weak.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
nelszx:

And were beaten/drew with Uzbekistan in March
What is wrong with this team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

How can Rohr control the amount of eba Onazi swallows everyday?
Every player is getting lean while Onazi is getting bigger.
Savage you are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
asha80:
he is right you know lol..reminds me of philip osondu issue when he went to belgium..abeg make i match brake here
Sir ok tell us Onazi real age since his official age is football age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
Men bookies no get chills..

See the kinda odd they gave us shocked..

Maybe it's time to put those niggis to sleep..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
somehow:
So we're left with 1 player to be dropped between ogu, agu, elderson and aina since simon isnt going....
Aina abeg. We can't have three LB.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
AIG07:
We will surely miss Moses Simon.
He is the only winger close to V. Moses. Players who can wriggle their way out of tight position.

Thats true he will be miss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

But since. Ndidi is not fit Joel and Ogu or Joel and Agu.

Sir pls any updates on Ndidi injury cos fear dey catch me o.

CC:tbaba1234
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
Australia beat Czech 4-0. No excuses

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) (3838) ... (16335) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joelsteron, bennie1980(m), Alfryd and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.