Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11605577 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4001) (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
shocked I skipped 40 pages to get here...
Una well done oo. grin

The idea of us hitting Russia tomorrow in native sounds cool..but it doesn't have to be the same design for everybody na grin .. Just imaging how Moses and Iwobi will look in the attire grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon79:
When exactly did Clemence Westerhof held this open screening session? Or were you referring to a different Westerhof? Please, you guys should stop all these nonsense because there are people here who actually follow all these things and have been following for the past 15 years as well. I remember correctly that Nigerians started wailing and crying that Westerhof must include Tijani Babangida in the team just because he scored a hat trick in the final friendly game the team played in Nigeria, but Westerhof ignored all that nonsense and went to the World Cup with the team he had.

Nigerians are the most annoying people on the planet. Every single one of them knows better than the coach while there are out there making peanuts while the coaching is raking in millions. Which begs the question, if you actually knows better than the coach, my not go out there and show your stuff? No, they only do their own coaching behind the computer screens. That's why we call them the Internet Certified Coaches (ICC).

This is a teenage Villas-Boas who gave the former coach of England when he was coaching FC Porto some tactical suggestions that will help the team. The great Bobby Robson listened to the young boy and later built an uncommon friendship with the future tactical master.

People should be allowed to share their suggestions. That is what this thread is built on. To learn and share with each other. Baffling you decided to instead attack.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Danielnino00:
shocked I skipped 40 pages to get here...
Una well done oo. grin
The idea of us hitting Russia tomorrow I'm native sounds cool..but it doesn't have to be the same design for everybody na grin .. Just imaging how Moses and Iwobi will look in the attire grin

its a Uniform , not a attire for owambe grin sometimes little things count ... it symbolises togetherness .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I am pointing out that it is the U17. Alaba did not command such clout to make the Federation make him a Priority for the U17. If it was in subsequent times, it is understandable. The U17 sometimes even have Feeding and welfare challenges. So making Alaba a Priority was a tough task at that level.

Are you talking as an insider or are you just guessing? We have U15 foreign based players so why are u making it seem like it can't be done. Even some of the U17 have to be taken care of by their parents while in camp. It was even reported that Amunike had to take Osimhen into his home so he could be properly taken care of during camp. If they believed in Alaba's talent anything could have been done. Did Alaba who you say sent a representative, tell them that his parents couldn't foot part of the bill? They just sent him away like he was a joker or something but ended up jokes on us.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
Even if Rohr will be too stubborn to start with 3-5-2 he should at least do the following

1) Start Ebuehi ahead of shehu
2) Don't play Iwobi on the wings. it won't only reduce him ineffective, but his continuous drifting to the middle could leave his wing exposed.
3) Neither of Onazi or Joel obi should start. in fact they should both not play at all

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Are you talking as an insider or are you just guessing? We have U15 foreign based players so why are u making it seem like it can't be done. Even some of the U17 have to be taken care of by their parents while in camp. It was even reported that Amunike had to take Osimhen into his home so he could be properly taken care of during camp. If they believed in Alaba's talent anything could have been done. Did Alaba who you say sent a representative, tell them that his parents couldn't foot part of the bill? They just sent him away like he was a joker or something but ended up jokes on us.

Before Alaba, how many foreign based players made the U17 team? I do not remember even one. I do not need to be an insider to point that. The Logistics reason came from Alaba. I do not need to be an insider to break down what he meant. Amunike took a Kid Osimhen in Nigeria. Alaba was in Austria. Alaba talked about the National team Logistics. Not his.

The current U15 with a foreign player in camp. It is a new development. We can not use that as a yardstick for 2007.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
lexyman:

its a Uniform , not a attire for owambe grin sometimes little things count ... it symbolises togetherness .

First it was our kit and now our attire, sorry uniform grin ...
I understand that the NFF are trying to make the super eagles a popular brand but this attention we at getting is too much...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Before Alaba, how many foreign based players made the U17 team? I do not remember even one. I do not need to be an insider to point that. The Logistics reason came from Alaba. I do not need to be an insider to break down what he meant. Amunike took a Kid Osimhen in Nigeria. Alaba was in Austria. Alaba talked about the National team Logistics. Not his.

The current U15 with a foreign player in camp. It is a new development. We can not use that as a yardstick for 2007.

U miss the main point which is that an exception should have been made if u don't get that then there is no point in me going on.
We live in a country were exceptions are made daily but when we need to really make one people will start shouting about the way things are done like they ever followed those protocols to the T
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

U miss the main point which is that an exception should have been made if u don't get that then there is no point in me going on.
We live in a country were exceptions are made daily but when we need to really make one people will start shouting about the way things are done like they ever followed those protocols to the T

Alaba did not have the clout in the U17 to attract such exception.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
torunarigha is a regular for the german youth team and one who is a sure banker to make their team to 2019 euro u21 championship so his chances of turning out for us seem slim. uduohkai who i rate so high seem to not make up his mind yet but the nff and rohr shouldnt give up chasing him. as for akpoguma, he really needs to wake up and start his senior international career with Nigeria because i dont see him breaking into the german senior side no time soon because he the position he plays they have abundant talents waiting on the wings to be picked.
Nedville:

Noah bazee has been invited by rohr before...it was rohr that found him in Germany...but he is very prone to injury and did not play the game he was invited for
Ola aina is a regular....he was just unlucky
Same with onyekuru....injury and lack of match fitness ruined his chances
Lokosa is under rohr's watchful eye....that's how I see it
Moses simon......a stalwart of our team....will be back soon
I don't know ajagun and umar Mohammed
Is it peter or Paul onuachu...anyways I've heard of him..rohr should give him a chance perhaps
Kelechi nwakali....one for the future
Stephen eze should continue to play well for his club and his breakthrough will hopefully come
I was going to say uche agbo is unlucky...but is he cursed?...he is always invited but never plays
Sebastian osigwe and maduka okoye will be monitored after world cup
I don't know much about ebere eze
Chiba akpom is not pulling his weight...arsenal boy status no go help am oo....he has to do something
Ryan sanusi only showed interest in playing for Nigeria around the period they conducted the world cup draw, saying he might not get into the Belgium team but he will get into the Nigerian team.now we've not heard from him. Will he show the same interest after the world cup? Only time will tell
Then as for Dominic iorfa....his father has pretty much battered his chances of appearing for Nigeria....seeing as the NFF hardly mention him...he was one of the early euro born players NFF first contacted...but his father refused, that his son will play for England... Issorite oo
On the flip side, I really hope we get torunarigha and akpoguma, fingers crossed we get them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:20am On Jun 11, 2018
iorfa may still have a chance if only he can join an epl team and perform well. other good mentions are philip anyanwu billing,sheyi ojo,kingsley ehizibue and samuel kalu
Nedville:

Noah bazee has been invited by rohr before...it was rohr that found him in Germany...but he is very prone to injury and did not play the game he was invited for
Ola aina is a regular....he was just unlucky
Same with onyekuru....injury and lack of match fitness ruined his chances
Lokosa is under rohr's watchful eye....that's how I see it
Moses simon......a stalwart of our team....will be back soon
I don't know ajagun and umar Mohammed
Is it peter or Paul onuachu...anyways I've heard of him..rohr should give him a chance perhaps
Kelechi nwakali....one for the future
Stephen eze should continue to play well for his club and his breakthrough will hopefully come
I was going to say uche agbo is unlucky...but is he cursed?...he is always invited but never plays
Sebastian osigwe and maduka okoye will be monitored after world cup
I don't know much about ebere eze
Chiba akpom is not pulling his weight...arsenal boy status no go help am oo....he has to do something
Ryan sanusi only showed interest in playing for Nigeria around the period they conducted the world cup draw, saying he might not get into the Belgium team but he will get into the Nigerian team.now we've not heard from him. Will he show the same interest after the world cup? Only time will tell
Then as for Dominic iorfa....his father has pretty much battered his chances of appearing for Nigeria....seeing as the NFF hardly mention him...he was one of the early euro born players NFF first contacted...but his father refused, that his son will play for England... Issorite oo
On the flip side, I really hope we get torunarigha and akpoguma, fingers crossed we get them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:32am On Jun 11, 2018
greek giants olympiakos interested in taking isaac success on loan from watford. also glasgow rangers are trying to take sadiq umar on loan from AS roma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:35am On Jun 11, 2018
sporting lisbon is in talks with egyptian giants al ahly over the signing of their nigerian forward junior ajayi. the Portuguese giants are ready to pay 2 million euros for ajayi's services but al ahly are holding out for more

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Steven Gerrard wants Sadiq Umar? Hmmm...

charlesemeka85:
greek giants olympiakos interested in taking isaac success on loan from watford. also glasgow rangers are trying to take sadiq umar on loan from AS roma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:41am On Jun 11, 2018
yea
TheSuperNerd:
Steven Gerrard wants Sadiq Umar? Hmmm...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:58am On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
torunarigha is a regular for the german youth team and one who is a sure banker to make their team to 2019 euro u21 championship so his chances of turning out for us seem slim. uduohkai who i rate so high seem to not make up his mind yet but the nff and rohr shouldnt give up chasing him. as for akpoguma, he really needs to wake up and start his senior international career with Nigeria because i dont see him breaking into the german senior side no time soon because he the position he plays they have abundant talents waiting on the wings to be picked.
Kelvin Akpoguma is still mad about not getting a reply when he tried to get in touch when he was a bit younger. He'll come around eventually
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:

"Greek giants"

Lol, all Greek teams have lost their flare. Ever since the economic collapse, that league has gone to dust
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:07am On Jun 11, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Em, Okocha gave the long pass that led to Garba Lawal's goal.
the pass first got to yekini, yekini had to overpower the Spanish defender before setting up for lawal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Martz101:

Adepoju was wonderful in that match, recently i had garuba lawal saying we played 4-4-2 though the coach ask them to play 4-5-1 though i disagree...the formation was obviously 4-5-1, with finidi and lawal always joining the defense when they are on pressure.

finidi really helped oparaku in that wing. If you still recall very well, the Spanish side were ascendant on that wing; there was more pressure on oparaku than babayaro because he was callow in that RB position.

We really need our wingers to always fall back to join the defense against our opponents, this is one reason I will miss moses Simon in this tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 3:41am On Jun 11, 2018
safarigirl:
I dey...been offline sha
Good to know smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 4:17am On Jun 11, 2018
Here is the new FIFA ranking system that will be effective after this World Cup
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/revision-of-the-fifa-coca-cola-world-ranking.pdf?cloudid=jgxjkdrj1jfwyunjbkha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:57am On Jun 11, 2018
The day is fast approaching.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2018
3 days to go....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:14am On Jun 11, 2018
Nedville:

There are Christians/religious people from all 32 countries....but God can only answer one....Nigeria isn't the only team with ambitions oo

Thank you for tackling that silliness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Wow....... Congratulations man.

Haba but are you supposed to be online here? Are you not supposed to be........on honey moon. lol.

Like lucque now don luck up from this place. We no expect to see him for the mean time. Hahaha.

Hahaha thank you sir,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2018
klexycole:

Pardon my inquisitiveness, please are you a soldier or a pilot? smiley
Soldier

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:54am On Jun 11, 2018
Kog45:
Good.Oh with that beautiful army wedding dress suit.

Happy married life captain.

No sambisa forest again o
Thank you sir , Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2018
SlayerForever:

Thank you for exposing that silliness.
I think you are the one who that should have a rethink...
so because other religious peeps will be seeking the face of their God should stop me from praying for the super eagles.....
so please have sense...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2018
Rockyrascal:
the pass first got to yekini, yekini had to overpower the Spanish defender before setting up for lawal.

I did not say it was an assist but a long ball that led to a goal. Just pointing out Okocha gave an impressive long pass that led to a goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
Humility017:

I think you are the one who that should have a rethink...
so because other religious peeps will be seeking the face of their God should stop me from praying for the super eagles.....
so please have sense...
[/s]

Get enlightened.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2018
SlayerForever:

Get enlightened.
says a blind fellow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4001) (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.