Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (959) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746854 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:22pm On May 21, 2017
Salisu Yusuf and the local backroom staff will leave with the invited home based players tomorrow... (may 22) and the camp will officially open May 23rd.

Icon79:
Yup.

And by the way, what day is the camp (SE) going to open sef?
I am so happy that Henry Onyekuru is gonna be in the camp. He might be our secret weapon!

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by denniece1(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2017
Some strange scoreline in the NPFL grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Danycrusoe Icon4s

that is what it's meant for, to call the referee's attention to some hitherto unknown game changing incidents in a match, however it is left to the ref to act on what he has been shown or not. in the case of the penalty the ref could decide to give it or not. the final decision is at his own discretion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2017
denniece1:
Some strange scoreline in the NPFL grin
Abeg roll-out the strange scorelines
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by denniece1(m): 5:40pm On May 21, 2017
81'Bukola Saraki - El Kanemi 2:1
73'Enugu Rangers - Gombe 1:1
77'Kano - Niger Tornadoes 1:0
78'Katsina United FC - Plateau 1:1
77'MFM FC - Akwa 0:0
79'Remo Stars - Enyimba 0:1
80'Shooting - Ifeanyi Ubah 0:2
82'Sunshine Stars - Lobi 0:1
78'Wikki - Abia Warriors 3:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2017
NIGERIA SWEAT ON LEON BALOGUN’S FITNESS

Leon Balogun (left) in action against Algeriain Uyo
by Graeme Jackson

Nigeria will be sweating on news of Mainz 05 defender Leon Balogun, who suffered a thigh injury on the final day of the Bundesliga season.

The defender was replaced after just 18 minutes of Mainz’s season-ending 2-0 loss away to Koln on Saturday afternoon.
Allnigeriasoccer.com reports that the initial prognosis for Balogun’s injury is a two-week period on the sidelines.

This would see the player ruled out of the Super Eagles’ friendly matches against Corsica and Togo on May 26 and June 1 respectively.

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr will hope to have the player available for their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa on June 9.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/709570/Nigeria-sweat-on-Leon-Baloguns-fitness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
Three away leads..... interesting stuff.... Enyimba under Ogunbote are really trying yo bounce up the table.... I really fear for Remo stars' fight against relegation...

FCIU... nice one... if 3SC equalises this ehn... (but anything can happen in football shaa... but not today) grin

That Game between MFM and Akwa Utd must be really tight.

denniece1:
81'Bukola Saraki - El Kanemi 2:1
73'Enugu Rangers - Gombe 1:1
77'Kano - Niger Tornadoes 1:0
78'Katsina United FC - Plateau 1:1
77'MFM FC - Akwa 0:0
79'Remo Stars - Enyimba 0:1
80'Shooting - Ifeanyi Ubah 0:2
82'Sunshine Stars - Lobi 0:1
78'Wikki - Abia Warriors 3:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2017
With all said and done.... Why Barca B? Usman Mohammed on the move.... we reported his possible links to Barca B before now and now it looks done and dusted...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revealed – The Date Barcelona Will Announce Signing Of Nigeria U23 Star Usman Muhammed

Spanish La-Liga giants have added another Nigerian to their ranks but his signing won’t be announced until a date which Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Usman Muhammed impressed the hierarchy of Barcelona during a month long trial with the B team of the Catalan giants, where fellow Nigerian Ezekiel Bassey is presently on loan from Enyimba.

However why Bassey will be released in the summer, after he failed to impress during his stay with the team with injuries and fitness issues also playing a role in the decision of the club to axe him this summer.

His case is however different from that of Usman who represented Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics, but his signing won’t be announced until his deal with Portuguese side Uniao Madeira is officially over.

23 year old Usman will come to the end of his contract with the Portuguese team on the 30th of June, and his move to Barcelona is expected to be announced on the 1st of July Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

His impending move to Barcelona will bring to an end a tumultuous two year where he has been largely inactive at club level despite representing Nigeria at the Olympic due to contractual issues with Uniao Madeira.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/21/revealed-the-date-barcelona-will-announce-signing-of-nigeria-u23-star-usman-muhammed-2/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2017
Danycrusoe:

that is what it's meant for, to call the referee's attention to some hitherto unknown game changing incidents in a match, however it is left to the ref to act on what he has been shown or not. in the case of the penalty the ref could decide to give it or not. the final decision is at his own discretion

Haba na the instance i talked about was exactly what happened in the next game. Referees have only a slight second to make a decision and penalties are very tough. Whoever was in charge of the SA game's VAR blew it because to me it was a clear penalty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2017
3 away wins and 2 draws not bad abi?

TheSuperNerd:

Three away leads..... interesting stuff.... Enyimba under Ogunbote are really trying yo bounce up the table.... I really fear for Remo stars' fight against relegation...

FCIU... nice one... if 3SC equalises this ehn... (but anything can happen in football shaa... but not today) grin

That Game between MFM and Akwa Utd must be really tight.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2017
Wilfred Ndidi: Life on the Fox lane
By Colin Udoh

Back in December, just before Wilfred Ndidi joined Leicester from Genk, an assertion on Twitter that he was better than N'Golo Kante was met with not a little derision on that social network .

Naturally, the reaction was no surprise, considering how much of an unknown quantity he was at the time.

Five months on, and half a season later, numbers - according to stat tracking service Squawka - are bearing out that bold statement.

Since making his Premier League debut, he has won the most aerial duels (33), won the most tackles (21) and made the second most interceptions (15) in the league.

Against Liverpool, he made a season-tying 9 tackles, level with Kante for the most in a single game.

Those are eye-catching numbers for a premier league rookie, and even more remarkable for one without the benefit of pre-season with his new club.

Ndidi, punching his phone as he shares a picture of a night out with his Belgian host family, looks up with some surprise as he contemplates the numbers

"No, I did not know about that," he said in response.

He may not have known, but those numbers, and his overall contribution to Leicester this season, won him the club's Young Player of the Year award. Again, it must be stressed, after barely half a season

"I'm very happy and honoured to receive such an award in my first season. But I didn't really put my mind in any personal award, as my main focus was us being in a safe position in the league." This constant reference to the collective is a common theme throughout the conversation.

Still in his formative years as a topflight footballer, the midfielder wears his humility like a natural cloak of distinction.
On the field, he is always available as a passing outlet to ease pressure on his team, or to hunt down a stray ball by a teammate, but primarily to just do his job, forming a near impregnable beanpole wall against any and all opposition.

Those acts of selfless dedication are a big part of the reason for the Foxes' good form down down the home stretch, which has seen them steady their previously floundering ship and keep their premier league status. But Ndidi shies away from taking any credit

"Nothing good comes easy, we worked very hard for it."
And he has worked just as hard as anyone. Coming from the Belgian league to the high intensity, high exposure Premier League could not have been easy.

But the 20-year-old, who was playing local football with Nath Boys FC not so long ago and watching the same league on television, has cracked it, and then some. His formula was pretty simple

"I didn't put too much expectation on myself. I just wanted to play. Playing in the premier league is a nice experience. There's so much pace and intensity." And tough too?

"Yes. All the teams are tough to play, I can't really specify one as the toughest I've played."

When it comes to players however, two opponents stand out for him, Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Chelsea's Eden Hazard

"Zlatan is very strong and has so much experience. Hazard is very quick with amazing technique."

Ndidi did manage to come out of games against those two smelling of roses despite the difficulty they posed, and that experience will no doubt serve him well as he prepares for a sophomore season in England.

But there is one player to whom he owes some gratitude for his short time so far in England

"Ahmed Musa has helped me a lot. He has helped me settle, showed me some areas and always drives me to the airport when we have away games."

Ndidi would not be a true Nigerian if he did not round up with a word to The Man Upstairs

"I'm thankful to God for His Grace in this season and the rest of the seasons to come."

Many Nigerians will be just as thankful, especially if he can translate some of that form to the Super Eagles qualifying games, first the Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa in June, then the World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in August.

For now, it is enough to see that at 20, and 6 years younger than Kante, he is already challenging the man he replaced at Leicester.

If he stays on his current trajectory, he could well be the best in the world by the time he is 26. Now how about that for a bold statement.

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3130323/wilfred-ndidi-life-on-the-fox-lane

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Don't worry, we Arsenal fans will be fine

We accepted our fate since over two months ago.

lol baba. this season I cared less about Arsenal's performances this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2017
It is better than "not bad" .... looollll

The better sides should always win in the NPFL... I was afraid Enyimba won't get a result away at Remo but hey! see what happened...

On a good day, Remo is no match for Enyimba and I am happy the result reflects that even with Enyimba on away grounds.

The League can be better... I believe we are making some good progress.... hopefully it is sustained. Naija Quality on the rise? Yes Please... that is what we want... grin

BascoVanVeli:
3 away wins and 2 draws not bad abi?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2017
Danycrusoe:

lol baba. this season I cared less about Arsenal's performances this season.

Another Gunner spotted.

There is one thing I know about Arsenal fans. They also usually have passion for Nigerian football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2017
Very interesting NPFL results today. 3 away wins !!!
Would have been better if it were live on TV

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2017
Chrismario:

Yea,,, u re right. Courses like 107,109 re offered in second semester.... Tho na GSS courses
am not understanding ooo.. Courses dat end with odd numbers are first semester courses like 103 101 107 etc.. While even numbers are second semester courses 104 102 106
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2017
Danielnino00:
Very interesting NPFL results today. 3 away wins !!!

Would have been better if it were live on TV

Absolutely, I knew Enyimba wouldn't lose on shagamu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 7:00pm On May 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Another Gunner spotted.

There is one thing I know about Arsenal fans. They also usually have passion for Nigerian football.

I be gunners fan, since primary 6. but I v wished we played Europa league since two three seasons ago due to our nonsensical inconsisitent performances. I had grown tired of wenger get since obafemi Martins broke my heart in the then carling cup against Birmingham

Anyway NPFL NNL to the rescue jare

*MODIFIED

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 21, 2017
neighy:
am not understanding ooo.. Courses dat end with odd numbers are first semester courses like 103 101 107 etc.. While even numbers are second semester courses 104 102 106

Not really like Dat,,,, I did GSS 109(Igbo II) in 2nd semester,,,, tho na general studies course,,,,

I don't know if it's applicable to oda courses apart from gss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:12pm On May 21, 2017
Why am I not excited about Henry Onyekuru. Just have this feeling the guy is another flash in the pan like Simon Moses and Oduamadi. God forgive me; I wish him the best and hope he succeeds but I have this doubt about the young man. Could it be because of the Belgian "back water" league. I hope and prays he proves me wrong.
But seriously,he need to work on his team play ,he is going to need that if he goes to the Premiership. All that dribbling 5 players and unleashing a rocket won't work. I just don't fancy players that dribble a lot like Victor Moses when he plays for the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2017
Icon4s:

I have been a member of this thread long enough to describe each regular member's typical ideology of the game.

You are the type that does not believe any player that was developed in Nigeria is worth the while.

All your thoughts are Europe, England, Europe.

You recommended Etebo to come to Europe, I even thought you were going to say you recommended Etebo to any of the National teams.

On Isaac Success, no matter how bad his game is you cannot call him a waste pipe. I personally am disappointed in how his game has turned out due largely to injuries but I still see him as a valuable asset to the National team. His case always reminds of Danny Welbeck and Daniel Strurridge. Though injury prone but they are still assets to the English national team.

The degree of presumptuous arrogance you express is immeasurable, the proposition is really farcical. The proposition you present is so ludicrous I am not offended but comically entertained. Consider what you are saying, You are the type - - -

How you can you assume you can pigeon hole human beings as dynamic as they are so rigidly into a definition of who, why and what the entirety of thier person is. Even a practicing experienced psychologist would not do that.

Please am I the only one that finds the comparison with Sturridge and Welbeck absurd. To remind you Sturridge started playing first team at 17 for City by the time he was 19 he played 32 games and scored 6 goals and the Chelsea bought him. Welbeck was tearing up the EPL first at Man U, then on loan at Sunderland. By the time he was 21 he had scored 17 goals from 63 games. Thier careers of both are well highlighted to present day both for England and thier respective clubs.

Under no circumstance beyond blind sentimentality can you put Isaac Success in the same category as these guys.

When did Sturridge and Welbeck become Injury prone as you put it They had already made thier mark in the game before injury seemingly has limited Sturridge but with regard to Welbeck I would not call him injury prone as such.

21 year old Isaac has not got the starting block, he has achieved nothing and he has been blighted by injury and with a tag if injury prone already. Statistics though not absolutely conclusive but clearly indicative. With regards to Success his stats are abysmal he is a £12 million pound player that has spent the season literally on the injury table or cooking pounded yam on the bench. I doubt if he has played up to 90 minutes of football in total all season.

It means he is simply not cutting it taking up the space and waisting it. Nothing to show.

I really truly empathise with you because I use to be like you many years ago. Blindly Nigerian sentimental trying to advocate for players on my bias for skill, technique and flair. A reflection of my teenage youth years playing football in Nigeria and yes in Benin- City.

Football Recruitment managers in Europe would say all very well, what we want is effective delivery, what do the stats say. So I have learned to be objective and less sentimental.

When I meet players in Nigeria thier first desire is not national team but to be honest the £££ or €€€. The idea of recommendation to National team is not my remit. In addition it is fraught with nepotism and who no man, garnished with settlement.

Finally Icon4s I really do appreciate your comments and opinions and consider them of substance mostly. Even if don't always agree with you. Particularly this your, he is the type

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:28pm On May 21, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Why am I not excited about Henry Onyekuru. Just have this feeling the guy is another flash in the pan like Simon Moses and Oduamadi. God forgive me; I wish him the best and hope he succeeds but I have this doubt about the young man. Could it be because of the Belgian "back water" league. I hope and prays he proves me wrong.
But seriously,he need to work on his team play ,he is going to need that if he goes to the Premiership. All that dribbling 5 players and unleashing a rocket won't work. I just don't fancy players that dribble a lot like Victor Moses when he plays for the Super Eagles.

Lukaku,
Ndidi,
Vincent Kompany,
Eden Hazard
Vermaelen
Fellaini
Jan Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Thibaut Courtois
Keshi
Amokachi
Babayaro

All these players are products of the Belgian League. It is ridiculous to call the Belgian League a back water league especially with Its history of producing world class talent.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:31pm On May 21, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
It is better than "not bad" .... looollll

The better sides should always win in the NPFL... I was afraid Enyimba won't get a result away at Remo but hey! see what happened...

On a good day, Remo is no match for Enyimba and I am happy the result reflects that even with Enyimba on away grounds.

The League can be better... I believe we are making some good progress.... hopefully it is sustained. Naija Quality on the rise? Yes Please... that is what we want... grin

It Seems the league management board is doing a really good job. I am not gonna lie after Rangers was bungled out of the Champions League I was depressed. The stadium is still empty which means a lot needs to be done. No coverage,hence people don't know what is going on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

Lukaku,
Ndidi,
Vincent Kompany,
Eden Hazard
Vermaelen
Fellaini
Jan Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Thibaut Courtois
Keshi
Amokachi
Babayaro

All these players are products of the Belgian League. It is ridiculous to call the Belgian League a back water league especially with Its history of producing world class talent.

The one thing I will say is you cannot underestimate the depth of physicality in the EPL in this regard Onyekuru looks a bit lightweight. However, that's not conclusive just an area of concern that can be addressed.

Indeed a lot of top European players have had to hit the gym full time to enable themselves compete in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:34pm On May 21, 2017
komekn:

The one thing I will say is you cannot underestimate the depth of physicality in the EPL in this regard Onyekuru looks a bit lightweight. However, that's not conclusive just an area of concern that can be addressed.

Indeed a lot of top European players have had to hit the gym full time to enable themselves compete in the EPL.

That's where a good coach comes in..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:37pm On May 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

Lukaku,
Ndidi,
Vincent Kompany,
Eden Hazard
Vermaelen
Fellaini
Jan Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Thibaut Courtois
Keshi
Amokachi
Babayaro

As you can see back water was in quote. Personally,I won't use that phrase. And I am not saying he can't make it but I have my sentiments about the lad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

That's where a good coach comes in..

Actually you need a good sports scientist and personal fitness coach. Otherwise you can bulk up and loose agility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2017
Sir Odenigbo.... Biko... backwater is the wrong name for Belgian Jupiler League. Biko na-akpọ Belgium otu backwater na-akpọ Courtois, Kompany, na ọbụna Ndidi backwaters .... haba naa ...

Make una fear God naa..... sad

OMANBALA1:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:43pm On May 21, 2017
komekn:

Premiership is where Onyekuru will be greatly tested and challenged assuming he goes there. The premiership is intense,physical and fast. A far cry from what is obtainable in the Belgian league. All the same,I wish he well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2017
Tbaba1234

I watched like you did, Wolfsburg and Hamburg yesterday I can clearly see why both teams are at the bottom of Bundesliga fighting for survival.

The pace of the game was very laboured the technical aspects of the game left much to be desired. Too many with no pressure going amiss.

The Wolfsburg of yesteryears seemed to have gone with the wind. Do you remember the Brazilian striker they had Grafiti who kept Obagoal on the bench a lot of the times. This team is very far off that level.

My opinion they looked like they would struggle in the championship. Your thoughts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:47pm On May 21, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Sir Odenigbo.... Biko... backwater is the wrong name for Belgian Jupiler League. Biko na-akpọ Belgium otu backwater na-akpọ Courtois, Kompany, na ọbụna Ndidi backwaters .... haba naa ...

Make una fear God naa..... sad

Nnaa,I was just quoting people who used the phrase earlier...lol. However,compared to English,Italian,Germany , Spanish and even Dutch the Jupiler is very low in standard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2017
komekn:

The degree of presumptuous arrogance you express is immeasurable, the proposition is really farcical. The proposition you present is so ludicrous I am not offended but comically entertained. Consider what you are saying, You are the type - - -

How you can you assume you can pigeon hole human beings as dynamic as they are so rigidly into a definition of who, why and what the entirety of thier person is. Even a practicing experienced psychologist would not do that.

Please am I the only one that finds the comparison with Sturridge and Welbeck absurd. To remind you Sturridge started playing first team at 17 for City by the time he was 19 he played 32 games and scored 6 goals and the Chelsea bought him. Welbeck was tearing up the EPL first at Man U, then on loan at Sunderland. By the time he was 21 he had scored 17 goals from 63 games. Thier careers of both are well highlighted to present day both for England and thier respective clubs.

Under no circumstance beyond blind sentimentality can you put Isaac Success in the same category as these guys.

When did Sturridge and Welbeck become Injury prone as you put it They had already made thier mark in the game before injury seemingly has limited Sturridge but with regard to Welbeck I would not call him injury prone as such.

21 year old Isaac has not got the starting block, he has achieved nothing and he has been blighted by injury and with a tag if injury prone already. Statistics though not absolutely conclusive but clearly indicative. With regards to Success his stats are abysmal he is a £12 million pound player that has spent the season literally on the injury table or cooking pounded yam on the bench. I doubt if he has played up to 90 minutes of football in total all season.

It means he is simply not cutting it taking up the space and waisting it. Nothing to show.

I really truly empathise with you because I use to be like you many years ago. Blindly Nigerian sentimental trying to advocate for players on my bias for skill, technique and flair. A reflection of my teenage youth years playing football in Nigeria and yes in Benin- City.

Football Recruitment managers in Europe would say all very well, what we want is effective delivery, what do the stats say. So I have learned to be objective and less sentimental.

When I meet players in Nigeria thier first desire is not national team but to be honest the £££ or €€€. The idea of recommendation to National team is not my remit. In addition it is fraught with nepotism and who no man, garnished with settlement.

Finally Icon4s I really do appreciate your comments and opinions and consider them of substance mostly. Even if don't always agree with you. Particularly this your, he is the type

Haha haha. Na the "the type" dey pain you like this? OK no vex.

But I have observed your bias is towards the foreign grown players. OK let me not use the word 'bias'. Hahahaha. Your preferences are towards foreign grown players. It is your opinion of which I am sure you have your reasons.

I do not need to be a psychologist to know that.

Talking about comparison of Success to Welbeck and Sturridge, I never said Success is at par with them o. I only said the way the English value Sturridge and Welbeck even despite they being injury prone that is how I value Success for Nigeria even though he is injury prone. The English celebrate each time Welbeck and strurridge are fit again to play for both clubs and national team. So also I am please each time Success is fit to honor national duty after several pull outs due to injuries.
That's all.

Then you said Danny Welbeck is not injury prone? A player that Since he joined Arsenal from Manchester United has been out due to injury for a far longer period than he was fit to play? A player that for 60% of this season he was out injured?

You said you played football in Benin City. Which area and which year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sainty92, IFELEKE(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.