Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? (10794 Views)

How Do You Respond To This Message From Your Ex “I Miss You” / What Is The Best Thing To Do When You Approach A Girl And She Doesn't Respond / Girls How Would You Respond To This Guy If He Says He Wants To Cuddle With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by whitelexi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2009
Here's the deal:

You've known this chic for about a yr but u started dating like 6 months ago. . . So far so good, and things are nice and smooth but she keeps asking u whether or not u love her.
From your point of view, she's okay. . . she's nice but you are not sure she's the one for u cos there are some sensitive areas in her behaviour that u have noticed and u want to investigate those areas more. . . And then one nice evening, after asking the same question [and u reply 'yes' as usual] she puts u in the tight corner by going on her knees to propose to u! How would u react to this?

Caveat: This issue does not concern me, i'm seeking ideas for a friend of mine who is caught up with this domineering chick grin grin grin
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2009
Man, if im not sure of those 'some sensitive areas in her behaviour ' then i ain't doing it.
You need to be sure if what you are getting yourself into before diving into it.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by MrWaters: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2009
I'll tel her if she's lucky
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by izeek(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2009
the way u handle this wud go along way to determin how this r/s plays out.
if u turn her proposal down, goes to say u never consiered her for marriage irrespective of the reason u give.
and if u accpet her proposal, then u just either have to stay with her even when she has grey areas u dont really feel comfy with,
or eventually break ur engagement.
i think its wise u tell her that ur the old fashioned kind who believes that the guy proposes and not the lady.
hereby buying time to study and observe her grey areas.

1 Like

Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Emperoh(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hmm
this is a very sensitive issue. . , . .but i rather ask her to take back her request
I am the one to pop the question. . . .but lets assume i have already made up my mind that she's the one, in all honesty, i will say yes!!
But if she ain't the one, pls pls pls be very diplomatic about ya response cos you might end up creating a terrible enemity and also damaging her self esteem, . . .ladies are very sensitive.

So just ask her to give you time to pop the question. If what you are observing is confirm, pls dump her dump a, e
But if its all green, do go ahead!!

1 Like

Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by whitelexi(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
I appreciate your responses but this girl is very domineering. . .  and this my guy keeps falling my hand! He reminds me of Bradley in Eastenders [i want to meet stacey BTW] he turns to jelly when he should stand firm like a man! angry  He doesn't know how to say NO emphatically.

He doesn't want to rush into this stuff but he also doesnt know how to respond to her words. . .
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by chihakeem(m): 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2009
As sensitive as girls could be inthis world that we live it will be nice if your friend can be of help toi her by tell her what he feels about her.

He should teach her not to be that forward with issues of this nature.(all women are teachable if you know how too).
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by johnnygan(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
Since he can't be that bold as a man, there many ways to tackle a problem.
The chick can propose, there's nothing wrong wit that and i'm sure all ladies will agree wit me on that. Since they all agree to that, they must agree to dis. . . @whitelexi Pls tell yo friend to accept and say yes since he can't say no as a man. But on one condition, the girl should draft the weddin plans. That should keep her busy while he investigates more about her sensitive areas. I'm telling u, He's gonna discover alot as the girl proceeds. All he gotta do is sit down and watch. After the trouble, he should cancel the drafts and start his own if he is satisfied wit his investigations. Or he could simply edit the plan to fit his style.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by TheSeeker(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
I don't see a problem with the lady proposing to the guy; she felt comfortable with the idea of having known the guy much to her own satisfaction while it's the other way round for the guy. The guy has obviously impressed her, made her feel loved and comfortable enough to want to propose to him. But, the main issue has to be resolved -- which is your friend's picking on some sensitive areas of her behaviors. I wouldn't know what they are, but I think he'd really get down to the root of those areas before he presses on with the arrangement.

I understand him being so jelly when it comes to issues that requires a commanding reaction, however, this can be handled more maturely: which I want to believe he is. They've known each other for a year, started dating last 6 months goes a long way to prove they must have been friends at some point before getting into a relationship; also speaks volume of how resonant the both of them will have been when they were friends for them to have graduated into a relationship.

Communication's the best option here. He's matured enough to talk to her, let her know his mind and where he stands. He should let her know he likes her, but still feels uncomfortable with some sensitive areas about her. Yeah, you guys will say, if he tells her she will tend to cover those up. No, they can never be covered because behavioral and attitudinal inclinations are like smoke that can never be caged. If she truly loves him, she will understand where he is coming from and let him find out whatever he wants to -- as I'm sure she doesn't want a relationship or marriage that will go sour in the future, would she?

Your friend should come out of his shell and speak his mind, otherwise he'll make a rash decision that may perpetually land him into a gravy mess.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by kok(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2009
He should come out loud and make a decision!
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by whitelexi(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2009
@TheSeeker. . . Wise words, very salty.

kok:

He should come out loud and make a decision!

If only it were that easy for him, i'm sure he woulda come out very very loud. . . the guy is worse than shy!
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
whitelexi:

@TheSeeker. . .  Wise words, very salty.

If only it were that easy for him, i'm sure he woulda come out very very loud. . .  the guy is worse than shy!
Hope his shyness does not get him into trouble, this is a decision of a lifetime (well, sort of) and if he makes a mistake  sad
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by OGBUEFIORA(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
Here is my candid opinion. There is nothing wrong with a babe proposing. Babes feel more insecure in relationship than guys. So when she proposes, she is actually saying, 'hey, can I trust you?' Well, your question presupposes that the guy is trully unprepared or convinced she is not the right one. In that case, it is easy, tell her you are yet to make up your mind. Find some excuses like family members needing to have an input and gradually ease her off.

One thing guys have to know is that babes who are pushy or over bearing are made so by nature. It doesn't count for bad manners. The duty of a man is to dominate her babe, no matter what. That makes you a man. Babes born in November-LEO - are sure designed to do so. I've been in such relationships and I can reveal to you that even my present wife presents such traits. You need to be a man to handle women right.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by johnnygan(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
Wrong. When a babe proposes, it don't mean 'can i trust u?'
it means she is madly in love
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Igwe9(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2009
It's too late for my advice as your guy may have said YES by now. grin
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hmm, well she's a brave soul. If she figures she has to be the one to propose, what other decisions is she going to make for her planned family. Try reverse psychology on your friend so he might actually see it's in his best interest to speak up, or forever hold his peace!
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by TheSeeker(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2009
OGBUEFIORA:

Here is my candid opinion. There is nothing wrong with a babe proposing. Babes feel more insecure in relationship than guys. So when she proposes, she is actually saying, 'hey, can I trust you?' Well, your question presupposes that the guy is trully unprepared or convinced she is not the right one. In that case, it is easy, tell her you are yet to make up your mind. Find some excuses like family members needing to have an input and gradually ease her off.

One thing guys have to know is that babes who are pushy or over bearing are made so by nature. It doesn't count for bad manners. The duty of a man is to dominate her babe, no matter what. That makes you a man. Babes born in November-LEO - are sure designed to do so. I've been in such relationships and I can reveal to you that even my present wife presents such traits. You need to be a man to handle women right.
I'm sorry if I negate your opinion but I have to make certain things clear which I think are pretty conventional. When it comes to matters like this, excuses aren't generally acceptable. Excuses will call for wrong choices and reactions; it will put things in bad shape because you won't and will never act on the truth but on excuses and that will make everything just look bad. The best thing to do here is tell her the truth, but make it bearable by making the right choice of words, but not make any excuse or lie about anything.

Every woman, we have to honestly admit, are pushy. But that doesn't mean we have to overlook the fact that they like to be pampered; of which some of them know how to present that character, while some go by it in a violent or rather bossy manner. The latter are regarded as being pushy, bossy or overbearing. The duty of the man is not to dominate a woman, you have to play the role of a partner --- don't mix making your stand known to your woman with dominance. November girls aren't LEOs, the ones between July and August are. September to October 22 is Libra, October 23 - somewhere in the middle of November is Scorpio and they are known to be very very secretive.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by johnnygan(m): 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
Word!
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by rooney86(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
dating for 6 months and she done propose to u?
abegi find ya way. wetin dey scratch her body wey no fit make her wait till you dey ready.

well, tell ya friend say make him tell the babe say make she chill small say God's time na the best.
goodluck!
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by presido1: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2009
Emperoh:

Hmm
this is a very sensitive issue. . , . .but i rather ask her to take back her request
I am the one to pop the question. . . .but lets assume i have already made up my mind that she's the one, in all honesty, i will say yes!!
But if she ain't the one, pls pls pls be very diplomatic about ya response cos you might end up creating a terrible enemity and also [b]damaging her self esteem
, . . .ladies are very sensitive.

So just ask her to give you time to pop the question. If what you are observing is confirm, pls dump her dump a, e
But if its all green, do go ahead!![/b]
She has damaged her self esteem already so nurrin more to damage. Even if i have her in mind i will not answer the question cuz the question is mine to ask and not herz. If i don't intend to marry her my attitude when ever she start going towards that area will make her not to even think of such question.
Asking me to marry her after dating for 6 months shocked shocked shocked
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by whitelexi(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2009
Weel, dude has attempted to buy some time by telling her he is thinking about the proposal but "miss thing" here seems not to be a new comer to issues like this cos she's shoved further into the defensive by crying and accusing him of lying to her all this while saying he loved her when he didnt [if u ask me, i'd say she's right about that one]. . . However, my guy is watching his emotions roam in turmoil cos although he is interested in the girl and doesn't wanna lose her, he cant answer to her proposal as well.

I've asked him to stand firm and see how it goes over the first few weeks but he is a proper jelly and i wont be shocked if she is able to push him a bit.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2009
whitelexi:

Weel, dude has attempted to buy some time by telling her he is thinking about the proposal but "miss thing" here seems not to be a new comer to issues like this cos she's shoved further into the defensive by crying and accusing him of lying to her all this while saying he loved her when he didnt [if u ask me, i'd say she's right about that one]. . .  However, my guy is watching his emotions roam in turmoil cos although he is interested in the girl and doesn't wanna lose her, he cant answer to her proposal as well.

I've asked him to stand firm and see how it goes over the first few weeks but he is a proper jelly and i wont be shocked if she is able to push him a bit.
If he does not want to marry her, he shouldn't, if you ask me, I beleive the more he waits, the more the girl will continue to play the guilt card on him with her crying and accusing until one day he just gets fed up and says yes, now I don't know how the guy feels exactly, but he should not base his answer on pressure, that would be totally wrong and he may regret it in the future, I say God bless to your friend and I hope he makes the best decision, the one that will make him happy.

Being pressured into doing things can be deadly o.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Lilyudinet: 8:41am On Mar 27, 2020
In a relationship, you must know the technique to save your relationship which sacrifices your emotions a sometimes your anger also. To that help, one of the top 99papers review will be working on the same topic to make your best partner online.
Re: Guys How Would U Respond To A Girl's Proposal? by Brunicekid(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2020
Wow

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Don’t Let Girls Packaging And Snubbing Deceive You. / Many Younger Women Truly Fall In Love With Older Men / 8 Simple Ways To Make Your Girlfriend Beg You For Sexx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.