Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman (2587 Views)

Suleiman Hunkuyi Reacts To His Demolished Building In Kaduna By El-Rufai(Photos) / Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Why we must believe in Nigeria - CACAWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by CACAWA(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Prophet Johnson Suleiman is a clear example of Kaduna's problem. Kaduna as a volatile state has always suffered religious crisis owing to the way and manner their leaders incite followers against one another. Interestingly, Namadi Sambo played same card while campaigning last year.

The need to licence religious organisations should not be misconstrued as an attempt to give the muslims any upper hand. Far from it, rather, the law was proposed as far back as 1984 after the maitassine uprising. On October 2015, in a bid to take the bold step as he is known for El-Rufai proposed the same bill to the assembly. The events of the last few months involving the Shiite group as well as the well understood history of boko haram further lends credence to this bill.

Government needs to know what groups exists, their ideology and their mission. The Christian folks have nothing to fear as no one can islamise a country by law or in a democracy for that matter.

While law abiding citizens are impressed by this purely altruistic move, a few egocentric miscreants have seized the opportunity to play the religious card, crying like government is about to tax their ill gottem wealth. Making the noisy rounds of recent was a so called man of God who only knows to pray for death on public servants, an act untraceable to the teachings in the bible ... "...As we forgive those who trespass against us?"

Or how do you explain a man of God who took pride in announcing the death of James Ocholi, claiming that he saw it and warned but no one harkened but now he is vindicated.

One would ordinarily expect wise men who feel they know better ways to avoid maitassine and boko haram ideologies to send delegatiom to the governor, seek redress in the court of law, or wait and monitor how the licensure will be organised. But no one has said the man who was ranting is a wise man anyway.

Inciting gullible followers with the words "they will give licence to their own only..." is the reason we need to license such preachers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by dustmalik: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
This bill, if anything, is targeted at Shiites, same way it was targeted at Maitasinis in 1984. I don't know why some Christians are trying so hard to convince everyone that they are the target.

El-rufai is a reformer. If not for him, Abuja would have been a useless Capital territory today.

El-rufai would make a great president.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Trash!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Trash!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vecman22(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
don't mind that same man dat predicted Jonathan to win 2015 election..
apostle kor apendis ni

Am base in Kaduna sabo,there are churches everywhere in kd..one can hardly sleep at night cos of d noise from this Churches at night..infact my parent had to change there rooms,they left d masters bedroom cos there window is directly opposite d church.

I support the government on this new law..even d Bible said we should obey d law of the land...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Trash as usual
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
vecman22:
apostle kor apendis ni

Am base in Kaduna sabo,there are churches everywhere in kd..one can hardly sleep at night cos of d noise from this Churches at night..infact my parent had to change there rooms,they left d masters bedroom cos there window is directly opposite d church.

I support the government on this new law..even d Bible said we should obey d law of the land...

Liar. Where in Sabo because I'm currently in Sabo

2 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vecman22(m): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:

convenat live Church u/sunday...am a Christian and can't lie on a church...

where in sabo are you?

2 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vecman22(m): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by MarysMeal: 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
ERODEDEAST:
Trash!

Don't you have shame?

You have been running amok every thread saying same thing just to please your pay master(s) (Ali Boko Sheriff). I will soon read the riot act for you.

Btw, have you received your salary?

6 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
vecman22:

where in sabo are you?
Halima road
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vecman22(m): 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Halima road
am even on DAT road Right now somewhere around end of discussion..

1 Like

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by MarysMeal: 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:

You don cari your trade enter North? That area no be like our Southern part o.

Well, alhajis dem go patronize u sha.

3 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by naijaboy756: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
MarysMeal:

Don't you have shame?

You have been running amok every thread saying same thing just to please your pay master(s) (Ali Boko Sheriff). I will soon read the riot act for you.

Btw, have you receive your salary?
slave insulting the master. It is received not receive
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by AustineE1: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
dustmalik:
This bill, if anything, is targeted at Shiites, same way it was targeted at Maitasinis in 1984. I don't know why some Christians are trying so hard to convince everyone that they are the target.

El-rufai is a reformer. If not for him, Abuja would have been a useless Capital territory today.

This is exactly what some of us are trying to avoid.Ever since PMB took over as the president,the Nigerian state has been dragged into a proxy war,the Wahabbi-Sunni Saudi are now using PMB to spread their message of dorminance and intolerance against the Shia/Shittes in sub-saharan Africa.
He PMB was given the biggest honour in Saudi religious circle by allowing him permission into the holy ka'aba and in his entourage were El-Rufia,Sanusi,Aregbesola et al and all the aforementioned are known to be radical elements from the wider Sunni sect.
Why wld a law be made just to check a particular sect,Boko haram,Maitasine et al are all sunni extracts,so why fixated on Shittes.
As a christian,i stand by the truth and i can tell you that christians are also largerly targeted by such draconian laws,as it is well known that sunni are hardly accomadative of others when in power......a novelist once said 'do nt allow them take your brothers at day time because at night they will come for you'. What does our constitutn say about freedom of worship and associatn?

3 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by nd07(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
vecman22:

where in sabo are you?

I'll bet with all I have that u r no where being a Christian. do u know what it means being a Christian? u r no better than Judas that betrayed his master Jesus. just be careful calling yourself a Christian or judgement comes upon u.

1 Like

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by nd07(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
AustineE1:

This is exactly what some of us are trying to avoid.Ever since PMB took over as the president,the Nigerian state has been dragged into a proxy war,the Wahabbi-Sunni Saudi are now using PMB to spread their message of dorminance and intolerance against the Shia/Shittes in sub-saharan Africa.
He PMB was given the biggest honour in Saudi religious circle by allowing him permission into the holy ka'aba and in his entourage were El-Rufia,Sanusi,Aregbesola et al and all the aforementioned are known to be radical elements from the wider Sunni sect.
Why wld a law be made just to check a particular sect,Boko haram,Maitasine et al are all sunni extracts,so why fixated on Shittes.
As a christian,i stand by the truth and i can tell you that christians are also largerly targeted by such draconian laws,as it is well known that sunni are hardly accomadative of others when in power......a novelist once said 'do nt allow them take your brothers at day time because at night they will come for you'. What does our constitutn say about freedom of worship and associatn?

God bless u dear. a lot of so called Christians r so myopic, falling so cheap to d tricks of d enemy. u just exhumed d real agenda hidden.
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by PenSniper: 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigeria, as big as she is, has a lot to learn from the Rep. of Benin in the area of religious tolerance and scerenity of worship. This country is just big for nothing. We claim to be born-again christians and pious muslims while we are everything but godly.
A nation that mocks God by calling His name insincerely can never know peace.
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Onyocha: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
dustmalik:

[b]Sweetheart, I know your post is aimed at calming the fears of Christians that they are not the target of the bill.

But darling, your post stinks of persecution, intolerance, oppression and Sunni extremism.

I am sure you have heard of the saying that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Those Shiites are Nigerian citizens who have their beliefs different from yours. If you can draw up a law to persecute them based on their beliefs you disagree with, and they are Muslims like yourself, what guaranty is there that tomorrow your drive for dominance will not make you target the Christians? Or that your law will not be redirected at the Christians when you're through with the Shiites?

Christians do not support oppression, persecution, intolerance and extremism by anyone or in any form. No one with conscience can support anything negative against fellow human beings and fellow countrymen.

Nigeria is a secular state and not a state like Saudi. You cannot target a section of the Nigerian population because of their beliefs.

And what insult to our intelligence that you are comparing Shiites to Maitasine. Sweetheart, Shiites are one of the two branches of Islam. They are not a cult or a mushroom group. They have been in existence for as long as Islam itself and in every country on earth. When you are targeting your fellow Nigerians for their faith, are you not dragging issues with members of this faith around the world? Your actions are already giving room for Iran to make statements on the issue and poke nosing because their coreligionists are target.

If Shiites can practice their religion freely and hold processions in New York, London and other major world cities in the Christian west, then why can't they be left to freely practice their religion among their own Muslim brothers? Shiite Muslims can practice their faith in the land of the "unbelievers" aka keferi but they cannot practice their faith in countries where Sunni Muslims are in power. What an irony! And Nigeria is a secular state and not a religious state and not a majority Sunni country. Your measures will not make Shiites to disappear or any religion or denomination for that matter. This is modern times. Anyone can go online and learn about any religion and convert. Tolerance is key to peaceful coexistence.[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by freeze001(f): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
Onyocha:

[b]Sweetheart, I know your post is aimed at calming the fears of Christians that they are not the target of the bill.

But darling, your post stinks of persecution, intolerance, oppression and Sunni extremism.

I am sure you have heard of the saying that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Those Shiites are Nigerian citizens who have their beliefs different from yours. If you can draw up a law to persecute them based on their beliefs you disagree with, and they are Muslims like yourself, what guaranty is there that tomorrow your drive for dominance will not make you target the Christians? Or that your law will not be redirected at the Christians when you're through with the Shiites?

Christians do not support oppression, persecution, intolerance and extremism by anyone or in any form. No one with conscience can support anything negative against fellow human beings and fellow countrymen.

Nigeria is a secular state and not a state like Saudi. You cannot target a section of the Nigerian population because of their beliefs.

And what insult to our intelligence that you are comparing Shiites to Maitasine. Sweetheart, Shiites are one of the two branches of Islam. They are not a cult or a mushroom group. They have been in existence for as long as Islam itself and in every country on earth. When you are targeting your fellow Nigerians for their faith, are you not dragging issues with members of this faith around the world? Your actions are already giving room for Iran to make statements on the issue and poke nosing because their coreligionists are target.

If Shiites can practice their religion freely and hold processions in New York, London and other major world cities in the Christian west, then why can't they be left to freely practice their religion among their own Muslim brothers? Shiite Muslims can practice their faith in the land of the "unbelievers" aka keferi but they cannot practice their faith in countries where Sunni Muslims are in power. What an irony! And Nigeria is a secular state and not a religious state and not a majority Sunni country. Your measures will not make Shiites to disappear or any religion or denomination for that matter. This is modern times. Anyone can go online and learn about any religion and convert. Tolerance is key to peaceful coexistence.[/b]

Thank you

1 Like

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by dayowunmi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Those that say the bill is not targeted at Christians, can you answer this question? Do moslems pray after 8pm? How often does moslems Bring preachers from other states? Do moslems distribute posters? All these are prohibited by the nonsense bill proposed by el-rufai. How can a church not hold night vigil? You can't distribute posters of programmes and you need to collect license from the state government to bring a pastor from another state to preach? If it's not against Christians then you must be joking.

3 Likes

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
A ploy to kill Christian evangelism, totally eliminate outdoor crusades as well as impede apostolic visits. Down south, mosques operate freely without interference from government nor local populace. Those whom he claims want to copy this devious legislation we all know are his religious brothers there in the North. Someone should tell him that it is a wild goose chase. Others have gone this anti-Christian path before, their scars are there for all to see. Nigeria isn't Turkey. Today the entire world comes to Nigeria to learn how Christian warfare prayers are made.

You rootless Christians that are applauding this self-destructive policy, be ready to share in the misery he is zealously inviting. Nigeria may not have great scientists, but we sure can boast of a considerable number of Christian prayer warlords. El Rufai and every lawmaker that assent this bill will wish they never visited this world when Heaven opens their case files.

I advise him to go ask Oshiomhole why he inexplicably rescinded his decision to tax church signposts in Edo state. Be reminded that the Christian GOD is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:29).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nempi(m): 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
vecman22:
apostle kor apendis ni

From this kind of retardation, good Lord, deliver us!

1 Like

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
If you are unhappy with our governor's regulation of religious preaching please ship out to your state of origin. You and your sect will obey our laws when passed by the SHOA or face the consequences. See as foreigner dey claim influence for my state angry
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vecman22(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
nd07:

I'll bet with all I have that u r no where being a Christian. do u know what it means being a Christian? u r no better than Judas that betrayed his master Jesus. just be careful calling yourself a Christian or judgement comes upon u.

what's dis one saying? what do you kwn about being a Christian? so cos am a Christian, I should not b able to sleep at night again?I bet you have never been outside dis country Nigeria to see how things are done..do you kwn Lagos government have been sealing up churches for noise pollution? I bet you don't kwn.. dose dat Make them less Christians? mosques are also not left out,why will someone sit in a mosque as early as 3am disturbing those sleeping..
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by americanigga(m): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2016
nd07:

just look at kettle calling pot black. From what u wrote it is more than obvious that u are an hypocrite. Jesus Christ says when you want to pray lock your yourself in an inner room and pray silently. Don't behave like the pharisees and sadducees who like to pray in the open and disturb their neighbour. If u continue like this you will not make heaven. Is it wrong for somebody to say don't use religion to disturb your neighbours, preach hatred, cause problem, and kill innocent people?
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by americanigga(m): 12:43am On Mar 31, 2016
dayowunmi:
Those that say the bill is not targeted at Christians, can you answer this question? Do moslems pray after 8pm? How often does moslems Bring preachers from other states? Do moslems distribute posters? All these are prohibited by the nonsense bill proposed by el-rufai. How can a church not hold night vigil? You can't distribute posters of programmes and you need to collect license from the state government to bring a pastor from another state to preach? If it's not against Christians then you must be joking.

let me answer your question

what would a christian be doing in church by 10pm to 6am(allnight). If you pray that same prayer during the day time will God not answer? It is absolutely unecessary. Going to church during the daytime is enough.

You can pray in your house by 8pm but don't shout too much so that you don't disturb your neighbours.

You can invite preachers from other state. But you need to have license first for effective monitoring for the kind of things the preacher will say. Some religious leader teach hatred.

Let me end by asking you one question in all these countries where you have problems(sucide bombing, war) how many have religious bodies solved? Is it not the govement that allways solve them. God does not function thru church elone God can also use the Government.
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by dayowunmi(m): 1:05am On Mar 31, 2016
americanigga:

let me answer your question

what would a christian be doing in church by 10pm to 6am(allnight). If you pray that same prayer during the day time will God not answer? It is absolutely unecessary. Going to church during the daytime is enough.

You can pray in your house by 8pm but don't shout too much so that you don't disturb your neighbours.

You can invite preachers from other state. But you need to have license first for effective monitoring for the kind of things the preacher will say. Some religious leader teach hatred.

Let me end by asking you one question in all these countries where you have problems(sucide bombing, war) how many have religious bodies solved? Is it not the govement that allways solve them. God does not function thru church elone God can also use the Government.
First of all, you did not answer my question instead of answering you began with another question. Which I will answer. What would a Christian be doing in church from 10-6, he goes there to Pray. There are biblical passages of when Jesus went to pray at NIGHT till morning, if you need the quotations I can provide em. The Bible also says "pray without ceasing" I guess that includes the night time as well. The Bible is full of instances where prayers were made in the night. The Christian faith does not have specific prayer hours, the attempt by the state government to ban worship beyond 8pm is an attempt to gag Christianity. It is also an offence to distribute programme schedule or flyer. You said it's okay to bring Christian preachers but only that the government official will be there to watch or observe(atleast that's what you implied) what's the basis for such rubbish? Which religious conflict has been spearheaded by Christians in kaduna stare to warrant that, is there any guarantee that this monitoring body will be composed of Christians? So you can bring moslems to come and observe Christian programme and he will not have something sinister to report. The whole plan will even further create conflict. Because if the monitoring body is composed of both Christians and moslems, when Christians feels a preachers message is okay the moslems may feel it's inciting so what report will they conclude on?
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by nd07(m): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2016
americanigga:

just look at kettle calling pot black. From what u wrote it is more than obvious that u are an hypocrite. Jesus Christ says when you want to pray lock your yourself in an inner room and pray silently. Don't behave like the pharisees and sadducees who like to pray in the open and disturb their neighbour. If u continue like this you will not make heaven. Is it wrong for somebody to say don't use religion to disturb your neighbours, preach hatred, cause problem, and kill innocent people?

And that justifies u calling a wicked man to judge d church. didn't u read in d Bible that no one has d power to another man's servant. if u r disturbed by their worship, approach them or report to God & not calling a wicked government to judge d church. it makes u an enemy of God also.
Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by Danielcell1(m): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2016
AustineE1:

,my guy thank u vry much,help me ask them,them dn 4get say 4 dis naija, na christian dm many pass muslim o,christian na 65%, yet them muslim wan form ajebo 4 our own country
AustineE1:

,my guy thank u vry much,help me ask them,them dn 4get say 4 dis naija, na christian dm many pass muslim o,christian na 65%, yet them muslim wan form ajebo 4 our own country
AustineE1:

Re: CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman by vedaxcool(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2016
grin this thread just shamed the pastor who lacks decorum and civility you will expect from a cleric. His death threats are enough justification for the law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flash: Inec To Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate - SR / Mmm Our Savior Or Our Scamers 8 Point That Finish It All / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court 4 The Continuation Of His Trial(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.