Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune (16923 Views)

Dino Melaye’s Recall: Faleke Mocks Gov Bello Over ‘failed’ Verification Exercise / 2019: Inec To Register 5 New Parties (tribune) / Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by NewsPoacher: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2017
THE crisis in the Kogi State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) worsened, on Tuesday, as the deputy governorship candidate of the party in the last governorship election in the state, James Faleke and some party leaders traded words over the move to fill the vacant ministerial slot of the state.

This was as he said the opposition against his purported nomination was coming from “empty vessels.”

He noted that it was strange that the people were campaigning against a nomination that was yet to be made by the president, who had the prerogative of appointing a minister.

The House of Representatives member, however, said the controversial nomination was unknown to him.

Faleke, in a telephone interview in Lokoja, said those ganging up against him were working for a particular interest, saying their anger against him amounted to nothing.

He said: “My purported nomination as a minister is even unknown to me, but it is a fact that the choice of a minister from any state rest with the president. I will ignore the duo who spoke against my purported nomination.

“One of them has been known to be unstable human being in the politics of the state. He even sold a church building in the far north which proceeds he brought home and built a hotel. Any human who sold a religious building to build hotel needs no verification as an unstable person.

“Without my contribution, APC would not have won Kogi in the last election. The western senatorial district won the election for APC. My principal in the election, late Abubakar Audu, contested three times before then and lost; it was my contribution that changed the tide.

“In the history of the state, it was the first time that Kogi West would be won by opposition. We won six out of the seven local government areas of the state. We only lost by 300 votes in Mopa; the local government of the former acting governor, Clarence Olafemi, even against stiff opposition.”

Faleke noted that it was wrong for the people to have spoken against a national leader of the party, Senator Bola Tinubu, saying he had always worked for the development and the victory of the APC.

“Tinubu is a national leader who also has followers in the North. He has nothing to benefit him in Kogi for them to view it as trying to infiltrate the state or northern politics.

“He supported Fayemi in Ekiti, Aregbesola in Osun, Amosun in Ogun, even in Edo too, he has never for one day gone to those states to lord himself over them. So, if he supported me in Kogi, what is wrong about that? The way the issue ended in Kogi, it is to Kogi’s loss, not Tinubu’s. When the time is right and God says those who will help Kogi in terms of good governance will be, it will happen. But for those leaders, they are better to be ignored.”

Two leaders of the party, Suleiman Ejibunu and Chief Richard Asaje, who are staunch supporters of the state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, had, on Monday, asked President Muhammadu Buhari not to nominate or appoint Faleke as minister from the state, as such move will bring serious crisis to the party in the state.

The people, who are from the same Kogi West senatorial district with Faleke, claimed that the former deputy governorship candidate was being considered by the president to fill the vacant position of Kogi State ministerial slot.

The people said: “If at all Faleke and his godfather deserve anything, not the ministerial slot of Kogi State; to avoid serious crisis in the Kogi APC, as such move may lead to exit of every prominent, loyal and committed members of the party while aggravating the fractionalisation of the party along many divides.

“We are also unequivocally resolute to stop Tinubu expansion into Kogi State or any state in the North Central; we are determined to push out all his consults from Kogi come 2018/2019. It is a task that must be done through all legal/political means. They have failed and they will continue to fail,” he said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/kogi-ministerial-slot-faleke-fires-back/

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by praise010(m): 5:55am On Jan 05, 2017
So Faleke is tired of the House of Representative?
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by ojeka1(m): 5:56am On Jan 05, 2017
It's OK
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Atiku2019: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Dear Faleke you want to relinquish your National Assembly Elected position for a Ministerial Appointment that a President can Sack you anytime he feels like? grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Chanchit: 6:36am On Jan 05, 2017
No comment
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 05, 2017
All these politicians no get common senze I swear

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by GoggleB(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2017
APC just full of shits.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by GoggleB(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2017
EastGold:
All these politicians no get common senze I swear
Same thing that would be found wanting in you if you too becomes a politician.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by GoggleB(m): 7:12am On Jan 05, 2017
EastGold:
My message to you

Your Common sense already going North even when you yet to become a politician. I wonder what would be left when you finally become one.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
That is an epic reply from Faleke.

Faleke is the true/real face of development especially in Kogi west. If you want to know what i really mean, please kindly ask the people that ply' Ilorin - Kabba - Obajana and Omuo Ekiti - Kabba - Obajana federal roads prior to 2015 governorship election in Kogi state and now.
The diff. is crytal clear and the credit goes to Hon. Faleke.
He has made our local politicians(Dino Melaye inclusive) to getting used to unfamiliar sorroundings and conditions of real development. Be it federal, state or local government project, this man has been focusing his attention on them all across Kogi west.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by AntiWailer: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2017
They like winner wins it all.

It is all greed.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by easzypeaszy(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2017
The problem of Kogi state r dose moslems der..imagine a fend of mine frm Ebira kingdom telling me a Christian wl nvr rule kogi..dts y der r so interestd in Falekes views n r against it..I kw we r nt one state neither r we one Nigeria we just bunches of fools frm every side of d country...Den to Nairalander moderators u cn remove or nt allow my comment b seeing as u use to...bt still I say f**c it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by 5starmilitant: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2017
This man should just be satisfied for once. He's now becoming too greedy. Focus on your house of rep for now, then prepare for 2019.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by free2ryhme: 8:16am On Jan 05, 2017
Na their headache
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Princedaniel: 8:16am On Jan 05, 2017
This is exactly why the black man seem cursed: SELFISHNESS!

Otherwise, can anybody tell me why a member House of Reps would want to give up his seat for probably a minister for STATE?

I dont think Falake has had more than 5 sittings in the House for the past 2 years. Meaning; he does not care about his constituents. So, how is he going to care about Nigeria if he's made a minister?

That being said, its even harder to take his opposition in the form of Kogi politicians seriously.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by sammyj: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2017
I just know the beaf Melaye and his group have against this man. angry
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by zicoraads: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2017
Princedaniel:
This is exactly why the black man seem cursed: SELFISHNESS!

Otherwise, can anybody tell me why a member House of Reps would want to give up his seat for probably a minister for STATE?

I dont think Falake has had more than 5 sittings in the House for the past 2 years. Meaning; he does not care about his constituents. So, how is he going to care about Nigeria if he's made a minister?

That being said, its even harder to take his opposition in the form of Kogi politicians seriously.
Stop peddling lies. Have you been counting how many times the man attends plenary? And who told you he doesn't care about his constituents? Are you from Kogi?

It's just pure, bitter politics. The Bello whose cause they are fighting for, isn't he a square peg in a round hole? The man doesn't even have an idea what governance is and how to go about it.

10 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by azimibraun: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Wait O! So faleke will gladly accept the job? What then does the Igalas who lost their very fine, brilliant, effective brother and son James Ocholi get? Abi no be representative democracy we dey practice again? Anyway that serves the Igalas right. All potential Igala men and women that i have asked to give the slot a go never saw any sense in my thoughts.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by ajoskele(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2017
5starmilitant:
This man should just be satisfied for once. He's now becoming too greedy. Focus on your house of rep for now, then prepare for 2019.
Read the news again.

He said he isn't even aware of any ministerial nomination. The Presidency has not even made his intention and the fifth columnists are already out to decimate him.
Do they think it is Tinubu and Faleke's loss that Yahya Bello is now the governor?

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by bigpsalmmy: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Who are d best people ur enemy can use to finish u, if not ur own brothers.... undecided undecided
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by shaddoww: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2017
They keep making Faleke popular everyday n with the governors poor performance, he might b d frontrunner for the next election.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by naija1stpikin: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2017
zicoraads:

Stop peddling lies. Have you been counting how many times the man attends plenary? And who told you he doesn't care about his constituents? Are you from Kogi?

It's just pure, bitter politics. The Bello whose cause they are fighting for, isn't he a square peg in a round hole? The man doesn't even have an idea what governance is and how to go about it.

faleke is not representing Kogi people in the house. He's representing a Lagos constituency

1 Like

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Toosure70: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2017
faleke pupa.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by simontosy(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=5starmilitant post=52544786]This man should just be satisfied for once. He's now becoming too greedy. Focus on your house of rep for now, then prepare for 2019.

Please allow him to represent his state for once. Faleke is not from Lagos, he is a patriotic Kogi man

1 Like

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Princedaniel: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
zicoraads:

Sir, you are the one peddling lies because Falake does not represent any constituent in Kogi. His constituents are in Lagos. And even at that, could you give us a quick run down of Falake's 2 years in the House?

Your second paragraph was also my opinion in my first post.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by ihatesycophant(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Guseh:
That is an epic reply from Faleke.

Faleke is the true/real face of development especially in Kogi west. If you want to know what i really mean, please kindly ask the people that ply' Ilorin - Kabba - Obajana and Omuo Ekiti - Kabba - Obajana federal roads prior to 2015 governorship election in Kogi state and now.
The diff. is crytal clear and the credit goes to Hon. Faleke.
He has made our local politicians(Dino Melaye inclusive) to getting used to unfamiliar sorroundings and conditions of real development. Be it federal, state or local government project, this man has been focusing his attention on them all across Kogi west.
Hope your brain is not hibernating? Did Faleke used his personal money to tap any road in Kogi West Senatorial district? At the hallowed chamber of House of Reps if cannot even speak for any part of Kogi State because is not representing then but Lagos. The best he can do there is I support if any member raised issue that concern Kogi. So, Mr Man wake up from sleep and stop hibernating. The roads were done by Dangote Cement.
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by able20(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
APC national chairman chief John O. Oyegun.
how many chair dem get at national level
Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
ihatesycophant:
Hope your brain is not hibernating? Did Faleke used his personal money to tap any road in Kogi West Senatorial district? At the hallowed chamber of House of Reps if cannot even speak for any part of Kogi State because is not representing then but Lagos. The best he can do there is I support if any member raised issue that concern Kogi. So, Mr Man wake up from sleep and stop hibernating. The roads were done by Dangote Cement.

Your foolishness is really on a full scale for you to have come to a public forum like nairaland to display some of it.
Kindly get yourself off my mention before i give you this....

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune by Lekison(m): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Guseh:

Your foolishness is really on a full scale for you to have come to a public forum like nairaland to display some of it.
Kindly get yourself off my mention before i give you this....
an epic response

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Commences Crude Oil Exploration In Nasarawa State / Work Begins On Owo-Akungba Road, Ondo, Aftermath of Social Media Outburst / Abia Curfew: De Latinos To Government "Save Our Livelihood, Means Of Survival"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.