Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) (25414 Views)

Aisha Buhari Arrives London To See President Buhari (Photo) / Aisha Buhari Arrives Washington DC / Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Mariuzz(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2016
iamjayboss:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-VNuCu27ft_s/VvyfSJmPDYI/AAAAAAACvgk/d3Qg6PLjwiU7zjAGEY9elqmaNBLW6p4dQ/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
Early this morning President Muhammadu Buhari arrived Washington DC to participate at the 4th Nuclear Security Summit on 31st March 2016.

He was welcomed by Minister of Defence, Monsur Dan Ali, Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu, DG National Intelligence Agency Amb. Ayodele Oke, Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Hon. Abike Dabiri and DG Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority Prof. L.A. Dim.

See more photos below...
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0OX3YvDv4oE/VvyfZmpgdbI/AAAAAAACvgo/7b7s-czoJo8ghLiilDF9bYc0dqRi79xLg/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-OK5nTbjHCxk/VvyfozP8TJI/AAAAAAACvgw/SMrbni18VaEqL4jFeBfKXYOWJH4aqoQVg/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-rqoCLuumoNs/Vvyfg-jj-pI/AAAAAAACvgs/I8uC2cUjPJIpG6PcVwOLgS62M8D2LPcZg/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-51qdBkV7tO0/VvyfwYrgUQI/AAAAAAACvg0/TDGKlXRuQA0DG7tLqJYoUNQZefss7WTyg/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/03/president-buhari-arrives-washington-dc.html

Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Lauribest: 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
I tire oooooh.......and what is so special about that? grin shocked lipsrsealed undecided cry smiley cry[color=#990000][/color] kiss lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Sirmuel1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Look at Presidential treatment! A Nigerian president welcomed to the USA by guards prepped for a gun salute? shocked shocked

After sending the clueless drunk back to otuoke, Nigeria is beginning to take her rightful place among the comity of nations.

So you mean, they don't welcome GEJ? Guy u need to sleep. grin
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenonze:
I love this man,
He doesn't give a fucck to wat wailers care.

Who come be this skinny old man with oversized shin shin Coat
grin grin angry
Is that your nipple i'm seeing there? Pleaae elucidate
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by hylyne(m): 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
If I tell u say, u dey chase rat, they go talk say I dey abuse u....
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
Bamsupremacy:
Is that your nipple i'm seeing there? Pleaae elucidate

Lol.
Spoilt child
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenonze:

Lol.
Spoilt child
wink
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by tpiah01: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
I seriously had no idea Dabiri was in the US.

I thought she was typing from Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by ifeuma: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
harmless011:
I am still wondering what exactly Nigeria will benefit from this conference on Nuclear Energy, if we are thinking of building nuclear plant to generate electricity we better forget that idea.
Buhari come back home lets utilize our abundant gas resources and coal for energy generation, Nigeria is not ripe enough for nuclear power.
Unless you have another hidden motive for attending that conference.

Nigeria signed The Treaty on the Non-proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) in 1968, even before the treaty came into force (was ratified) in 1970. The basic bargain at the core of the NPT is that:

1. Countries with nuclear weapons will move towards disarmament;
2. Countries without nuclear weapons will not acquire them and;
3. All countries can access peaceful nuclear technology

Points 2, 3, and the fact that Nigeria is a signatory to the NPT is enough reason for us to participate in the summit, even if we were not pursuing peaceful nuclear technology (which we are currently pursuing).

Science and technological development should always go on regardless of a nation’s political climate and ideally should not be affected by it.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Stop being emotional. Nuclear power generation is different from nuclear weaponry. Ukraine is using nuclear reactors...who built them?
Belarus is using nuclear reactors... who built them?
China is using nuclear reactors.... Who built some of them?
Taiwan is using nuclear reactors... who built them?

All those reactors were built by Russia. Show me one reactor your lecturer has built or has been consulted on. Your lecturer is a learner!

"Nuclear plants can contribute to the reliability of the power system where they increase the diversity of power generation technologies in the system. For countries that import energy, it can reduce their dependence on foreign supplies and limit their exposure to fuel price movements in international markets."

Does your lecturer know that?
First of all, I never mentioned Nuclear weaponry, I just hope you are not thinking Chernobyl is a nuclear weapon facility, because the discussion is all about nuclear facility for power plant.

Secondly, you mentioned Ukraine, hope you are aware that Chernobyl was built by the Russians, so by mentioning Chernobyl, you have just shot yourself in the foot, because already, it's a known fact the Russians built a plant that destroyed a large area of Land.

Thirdly, you mentioned Belarus, hope you are aware that the government of Belarus suspended the plan to build a Nuclear facility in their country after the Chernobyl disaster, not until recently when in 2008 when they were forced to go nuclear due to the gas crisis between Russia and Gazprom. The Russians offered them the loan to build the power plant so it's only natural for Atomstroyexport( Russian Nuclear Services Company) to build the plant, or will you Rather have AREVA of France or GE of USA build the plant after collecting money from Russia. That aside, the plant was just recently commissioned this year, so we don't know how safe it will be the next 2 years.

Fourthly, on Taiwan, you displayed raw ignorance here because the Nuclear Power plants in Taiwan were built by GE and Westinghouse.

On China, I agree with you partially.

On my lecture being a learner, I told you he studied in Moscow Power Engineering University from Bsc to PhD, an extremely competent engineer, lived among them, worked in their nuclear power plant facility, that he has reservations shows he knows something we don't know.

your last statement shows you don't have any engineering background, and I won't blame you for that. Let me take time to explain stuffs to you, when Engineers talks, we don't only talk Reliability, we also talk Safety, because that a device can offer reliability does not mean that device can guarantee safety.

Everyone knows having a good energy mix (nuclear, hydro and gas) will increase our Power System reliability but we also ask how safe are we?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by wildikeman(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congrats... You just became the greatest fool on N. land
naijadeyhia:

So now he is a Wanton terrorist? You are an even bigger cow for displaying your echo filled head on a public forum.

Geez! Whats our business with nuclear generation? Oga wild man your brain wouldnt implode if you used it a little. Smh
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by wildikeman(m): 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congrats... You just became the greatest **** on N. land . We can't maintain anything in this country not to talk of Nuclear. ****. We don't have any business with nuclear. Yes we don't. However if you want to argue make sure you know what you are saying and don't juat come here and pretend that you are educated in any way
naijadeyhia:

So now he is a Wanton terrorist? You are an even bigger cow for displaying your echo filled head on a public forum.

Geez! Whats our business with nuclear generation? Oga wild man your brain wouldnt implode if you used it a little. Smh
Re: President Buhari Arrives Washington DC (photos) by wildikeman(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=anyaekekehinde post=44285718]
First of all, I never mentioned Nuclear weaponry, I just hope you are not thinking Chernobyl is a nuclear weapon facility, because the discussion is all about nuclear facility for power plant.

Secondly, you mentioned Ukraine, hope you are aware that Chernobyl was built by the Russians, so by mentioning Chernobyl, you have just shot yourself in the foot, because already, it's a known fact the Russians built a plant that destroyed a large area of Land.

Thirdly, you mentioned Belarus, hope you are aware that the government of Belarus suspended the plan to build a Nuclear facility in their country after the Chernobyl disaster, not until recently when in 2008 when they were forced to go nuclear due to the gas crisis between Russia and Gazprom. The Russians offered them the loan to build the power plant so it's only natural for Atomstroyexport( Russian Nuclear Services Company) to build the plant, or will you Rather have AREVA of France or GE of USA build the plant after collecting money from Russia. That aside, the plant was just recently commissioned this year, so we don't know how safe it will be the next 2 years.

Fourthly, on Taiwan, you displayed raw ignorance here because the Nuclear Power plants in Taiwan were built by GE and Westinghouse.

On China, I agree with you partially.

On my lecture being a learner, I told you he studied in Moscow Power Engineering University from Bsc to PhD, an extremely competent engineer, lived among them, worked in their nuclear power plant facility, that he has reservations shows he knows something we don't know.

your last statement shows you don't have any engineering background, and I won't blame you for that. Let me take time to explain stuffs to you, when Engineers talks, we don't only talk Reliability, we also talk Safety, because that a device can offer reliability does not mean that device can guarantee safety.

Everyone knows having a good energy mix (nuclear, hydro and gas) will increase our Power System reliability but we also ask how safe are we? Even I that's a diplomatic student understand that such nuclear power plant can't be maintained to its full adequacy in Nigeria. Not with what is going on. Please if you can educate that "wanton " ignorant person.. .cure him from his stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recent Nigerian Politics In Funny Meme Collections / Choose Fani-kayode As Running Mate, Group Tells Atiku, PDP / Hushpuppi: AGF’s Office Exonerates Abba Kyari Of Money Laundering Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.