Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,144 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (39764 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by gungab(m): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
okay
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Flexherbal(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
A good job!
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by scachy(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Op don't add or subtract facts, reconstruction work has been on going on this road for a long time. and it's still not completed sef.

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by komododragons: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abagworo:
Needless to emphasize on this Road especially Umuapu axis which has been a nightmare since 2012 when the construction firm scraped the Road and abandoned site. Many like me believe the neglect of the road was politically motivated while others believed it was the incompetency of Orubebe then Minister of Niger Delta.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-
news/178574-okorocha-laments-bad-state-of-owerri-
port-harcourt-road

http://thenationonlineng.net/death-trap-called-port-harcourt-owerri-road/

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/gallery/1382-photo-gallery-my-long-journey-from-port-harcourt-to-owerri

http://nannewsnigeria.com/motorists-decry-deplorable-state-port-harcourt-owerri-road
undecided
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by scachy(m): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abagworo:
Let me clarify that the road is still under construction and some parts are even blocked from public use but the smooth ride was made possible by tarring one side of the dual carriageway complemented by State roads.

You're right
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Wow.
Good news.
Just September last yr, i spent 2hrs on this particulary spot. Na so everyone dey vex.
Thank God.
So happy

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by scachy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
The Road that needs urgent positive change is Enugu -Onitsha express Road.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by prophetfire: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nwaoguta:
kudos to goodluck Jonathan.
my friend, jonathan's govt abandone dt road b4 dis new govt completed it. Thank him 4 de hell people went thru on dt road? U re a joker. Leave dis pscophancy pls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abagworo:

At 250million per km then only Akwa Ibom and Rivers can construct Roads. How did Imo construct its roads going by the huge recurrent expenditure visa vis low income? I think 300million per km is good for that quality of highway.
i pity your life undecided
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Shortyy(f): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
Terrible propagandist!
1. Can you please tell us which budget implementation led to it? 2015 or 2016??
2. Tell us the specific roles played by your incomprehensibly irresponsible IMO state government on that road...
Till then, we'll take you as shameless glory hunter.
don't mind that op. my mom is weeping everyday cos RochAss hasn't paid them for 4months now, our lecturers are still on strike cos rochass is yet to pay them their 5months salary. and that op is there writing rubbish!! mtcheeeew! people have been psychologically blinded in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
I just passed that road last weekend on my way to Anambra State and I can tell you that the road is still bad..

They only made a detour through the village and tarred it but work on the main expressway is still barely ongoing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by prophetfire: 2:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
How does that inspire some propaganda? This is a road that should have being built since years for the good people of Ohaji, but the irresponsible IMSG abandoned it for years and was castigating Orubebe and Jonathan?? Now you want us to start clapping for him and then shower praises on Buhari for completing Jonathan's project with 2015 budget? You shot yourself on the foot, crass propagandist.
jona's govt dt started budgeting 4 de road since 2011 bt cldnt complete it should be thanked? Peeps like U re de reason why our rulers dnt give a damn about us bcs they ll still be praised no matter how silly they might have behaved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
I dont bliv jare. Until i ply that road again. undecided
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Shortyy(f): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
the only thing that idiotic Rochass knows is building fake china roads, while imo people are constantly suffering. pay salary he will not pay! any idiot that will come here and defend rochass may they suffer the way imo people are suffering now!
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by slap1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
I live In Owerri, so I will find out for myself. Last year, I preferred connecting PH through Aba. I hope the road has been fixed for good.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
scachy:
Op don't add or subtract facts, reconstruction work has been on going on this road for a long time. and it's still not completed sef.
Just the same way construction works have been ongoing on the benin-sagamu road for ages but the worst portion was fixed in 2014. The fact remains that the road 'APPEARS' to now be motorable for the first time in a decade. Still waiting for regular users of the road to confirm its true condition.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by tinsel: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
It is always Jonathan awarded. Igbos and Jonathan. When second niger bridge is built and completed it will be Jonathan awarded.

3 Likes

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
How does that inspire some propaganda? This is a road that should have being built since years for the good people of Ohaji, but the irresponsible IMSG abandoned it for years and was castigating Orubebe and Jonathan?? Now you want us to start clapping for him and then shower praises on Buhari for completing Jonathan's project with 2015 budget? You shot yourself on the foot, crass propagandist.
When you blame Buhari for the lack/suspension of construction projects in the entire 2015, you conveniently did not remember we have been running on Jonathan's budget till date. Threads have been opened on this site asking what the projects of Buhari are besides helipad but you conveniently forget that it was Jonathan's budget. Now a long abandoned road project appears to have been resumed in 2016 and you suddenly remember that 2016 budget hasn't been passed?

By the way, what do you mean by IMSG abandoning the building of a federal road?... IS this supposed to be a lame attempt at 'blame game'?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Lanceslot(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
Iyoooo! Abagworo.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Emmanuella22(f): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abagworo:
Fast foward to March 2016 and you will appreciate the gains of change. It is now virtually a smooth ride from Port Harcourt to Owerri with a mere 200 metres of little shake at Imo/Rivers boundary. Even the interior village Roads of Umuapu are not left out as almost all the connecting roads which were hitherto earth roads have now been tarred and marked. Both the State and FG have given those who ply that route a cause to smile after 4 years of horror.
ahhhh.. this is good news smiley
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Saintp(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
We are just too backward in this country. So just mere road construction is what wailers and zombies are fighting for who did what? Should we be celebrating road construction in 2016?
Did whoever that awarded it do it with his own money?

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by cyril10(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
Terrible propagandist!
1. Can you please tell us which budget implementation led to it? 2015 or 2016??
2. Tell us the specific roles played by your incomprehensibly irresponsible IMO state government on that road...
Till then, we'll take you as shameless glory hunter.

Don't mind that propagandist, the road has been in construction since the advent of JEG, in fact that road is part of JEG's legacy. They have been working on that road slowly.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by cyprex: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Thank God for this news.
I once traveled through that road and had my heart in my mouth all through.

I find it had to believe that some set of people are bringing in inverse logic to remind us of who awarded the contract or whose budget is being used to construct the road. May be they should also tell us whether budgeting translates into releasing money for the job to be done.

That argument further indicts the past administration on budget implementation.

We will not be surprised to learn later that cash may have been released for the completion of the road but was diverted by one of the friends of the former administration.

This is not politics but the last administration was unfair to Nigerians, especially the Igbos who obviously have adopted GEJ as their son.

LAST NOTE: since Igbos have adopted GEJ as their son will it be wrong to say that Nd'Igbo have taken their turn in producing Nigeria's president? just asking.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am Igbo, ezigbo nwafor Igbo kara aka. ka Chineke mezie okwu.

5 Likes

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by babadee1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nwaoguta:
kudos to goodluck Jonathan.

I think you mean kudos to Rochas.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Amhappy(f): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
Truth be told I also suffered on this road. It was a night mare. I remember the day our bus stopped in the middle of the mud. I didn't attend my Uncle's burial in Sept because of the nature of this road as I couldn't imagine traveling on it on Tuesday after plying it on Sunday. Drivers started taking different alternative but longer farm/bush routes. God bless whoever is instrumental to this repair.

I want to add that we need security on this road too.People are being kidnapped almost on daily basis esp along the Ubima Rivers axis. They will just surrender a whole public bus and randomly pick people and hold for ransom. Our church member was taken on Sat,was released yesterday after ransom has been paid.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by ibietela2(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Yeap, Kudos to him...

But one thing I sure.... He will never rule us again!!

He is not Buhari that keeps coming back for more
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Emmy4Naija: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abagworo:
Let me clarify that the road is still under construction and some parts are even blocked from public use but the smooth ride was made possible by tarring one side of the dual carriageway complemented by State roads.

You said the truth. I ply that road almost every week. The poster is looking for cheap praise for his party.
However, the complementary village bypass was constructed recently by IMO state govt while work is still gradually ongoing on the federal dual carriageway way courtesy of 2015 budgethe not 2016 budget of CHANGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
ibietela2:

He is not Buhari that keeps coming back for more

Buhari is Rulling over you now, so just deal with it..!!

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by drshrewd: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
dechriscool:
Whoever came up with this deception is aim at deceit,the usual Apc antics.I am a regular user of that road when plying portharcourt to owerri.GEJ awarded the contract of that road construction
Rochas has no hand in the construction of any part of that road.The work on that road started before 2015 election,that was aim at wooing the south east to vote for GeJ.The road construction was done in parts.The construction started from the concord axis of owerri and got halted at Ohaji almost after the imo state polytechnic.The other axis of the road was under demolition of few houses for expansion of that road.THe only governor that contributed a little to that road construction was Rotimi Amechi of Rivers State.He constructed the Elele axis down to some kilometres before umuapu.So stop giving Gej project to Apc government.This was one of the Gej project in the south east,Buhari refused to review.Another Gej project is the Umuahia road of portharcourt,Aba,enuguroad.

Rotimi Amaechi contributed little you must be obviously obfuscated
the Rivers state section of the FG road is far greater than the imo section and Amaechi did all the Rivers Section.
and for your information the ineffective buffoon abandoned that Road for no reason.
kudos to the present administration

4 Likes

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by henryhemon(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How are we sure its d same road ure showing? Which budget was d road budgeted for if its a Federal Road?

You guys are funny take up the challenge and go verify for yourself.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by henryhemon(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
GEJ awarded the road and it was built in 2016?... By the way, it was even Yaradua who first awarded the contract for that road. But all through Yaradua's time and all through GEJ's 5 years, commuters have suffered horribly on the road and now it suddenly is GEJ's award when the road is built in late 2015/2016?.... I suppose the internal city roads which serves as a detour was also built by your Jona right?

How could humans deceive themselves so badly like this?... What sort of evil deceit is this?

Very soon the Onitsha-Enugu road would be fixed and someone would also claim that GEJ awarded the contract. So also the PH-Enugu road, someone would also claim GEJ awarded the contract and therefore it is GEJ's road. Tufiakwa!

Nwanne leave them alone to continue in their folly and hatred,it will take them nowhere. The grave(hate) they have dugged for themselves will swallow them.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Reference(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abeg. Criticise when things are not done. Commend when they are. I can't see what this has to do with GEJ. He is out of government and the present government, whoever completed that road (state, Feds or NDDC) must be commended. Politics ends where governance starts abeg.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki Wins FG At ECOWAS Court / Scaling Of Fence At National Assembly: As It Was In 1962; So It Is Now (Pictured / Supporters Mob Tinubu At APC Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.