Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (39749 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Kayolamzy: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
I CONCUR
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by chudionu58(f): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
First of all, I see no reason why you must throw insults such as 'goat' and 'fool' when you want to pass a simple message. It speaks volumes of your personality and you would be banned if you persist.

Regarding your comment, you claim a road project was awarded as far back as 2010, but for 5 solid years, users of the road have been going through hell. You quote beautiful figures as contract awards for these projects but nothing was on ground for 5 years to reflect your beautiful figures. My friend, just in case you are new to Nigeria, it is not all about announcing and publishing on paper that x-y-z amount has been awarded for a project, if that was the case then OBJ and his military predecessors should take all glory for all the roads built in the last 17 years because contracts were also awarded for most of these same roads under OBJ. As a thoroughbred Nigerian who understands the double-speak of dubious politicians, what matters most is if the physical cash was actually released to contractors for the projects and if the project was actually executed.

As far as common sense is concerned, your Jonathan spent 5 jolly years enjoying unprecedented oil income but he left the federal roads in the SE to deteriorate to their most horrible state.
You made no sense whatsoever with respect to the facts I laid bare earlier thereby justifying my earlier stance on your person.
1. You have silently recanted your earlier postulation that the project was awarded by Yar'Adua! True or False?
2. According to your gospel "As a thorough bred Nigerian who understands the double speak of dubious politicians"...Interesting. Have you ever condemned APCs double speak and barefaced lies??
3. With respect to your last sentence, Jonathan never left Roads in the South East to deteriorate; as he tried as much to spread our resources to zone! which made him a true Nigerian.
Meanwhile, go ahead and report me as you thoroughly deserve any name I've called you.

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by jaggedboi(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Yeap, Kudos to him...
But one thing I sure.... He will never rule us again!!
No ex-president will rule us again.....
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by tinktanker: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
Just last week, you heard the finance minister say on tv that priority projects meant to be resuscitated with the N350bn stimulus were the Lagos-Ibadan road and the 2nd Niger bridge. But yet you still choose to fly along with a story from a sensational tabloid?... Na wa! http://www.punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

By the way, according to the link you posted, work was suspended due to lack of funding. Buhari only just got his first budget passed last week and his finance minister has announced same time that priority funds would immediately be made available for the bridge project. For the records, the suspended work has nothing to do with Buhari.
d news you quoted can also b govt influenced. N i told u i saw it on nta news but u chose to ignore dat due to bias. N of course d govt must come up with a cock n bull story to support dia decision to stop all gej project. Just as he sacked d vc's of d 13 University gej built. N later shamelessly called dem back. After zombies will say gej Did nothing
http://www.dailynigerianews.com/2016/03/31/outrage-and-anger-as-buhari-abandons-2nd-niger-bridge/
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by tinktanker: 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
Just last week, you heard the finance minister say on tv that priority projects meant to be resuscitated with the N350bn stimulus were the Lagos-Ibadan road and the 2nd Niger bridge. But yet you still choose to fly along with a story from a sensational tabloid?... Na wa! http://www.punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

By the way, according to the link you posted, work was suspended due to lack of funding. Buhari only just got his first budget passed last week and his finance minister has announced same time that priority funds would immediately be made available for the bridge project. For the records, the suspended work has nothing to do with Buhari.
it jus appeared on nairaland
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
tinktanker:
it jus appeared on nairaland
That it appeared on nairaland or that it was shown on NTA where people were lamenting the stopping of the project, does that necessarily make it to be true?

tinktanker:
d news you quoted can also b govt influenced. N i told u i saw it on nta news but u chose to ignore dat due to bias. N of course d govt must come up with a cock n bull story to support dia decision to stop all gej project. Just as he sacked d vc's of d 13 University gej built. N later shamelessly called dem back. After zombies will say gej Did nothing
http://www.dailynigerianews.com/2016/03/31/outrage-and-anger-as-buhari-abandons-2nd-niger-bridge/
Are you aware that the government of Buhari has been running on GEJ's budget of 2015 which set aside virtually nothing for the ministry of works?.... Sometimes I wonder why people just make comments and judgements out of pure emotions. The link you pasted clearly stated that the contractors weren't paid, hence they abandoned the site. Buhari only just got his first budget passed last week but you blame him for stopping GEJ's projects?.... Did GEJ budget anything for the projects in 2015?... If not, with what money were you expecting the FG to pay the contractors?

Now while people lament the stopping of the project (which was due to the non-payment of funds in 2015), the FG has said it budgeted money for this very project in 2016 but you still cannot discern what that means?

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
You made no sense whatsoever with respect to the facts I laid bare earlier thereby justifying my earlier stance on your person.
1. You have silently recanted your earlier postulation that the project was awarded by Yar'Adua! True or False?
2. According to your gospel "As a thorough bred Nigerian who understands the double speak of dubious politicians"...Interesting. Have you ever condemned APCs double speak and barefaced lies??
3. With respect to your last sentence, Jonathan never left Roads in the South East to deteriorate; as he tried as much to spread our resources to zone! which made him a true Nigerian.
Meanwhile, go ahead and report me as you thoroughly deserve any name I've called you.
You are obviously a troubled person. I wouldn't bother responding to your insults.

2 Likes

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by DonXavi(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
Y
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by chudionu58(f): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
You are obviously a troubled person. I wouldn't bother responding to your insults.
Keep quiet there and silently accept your folly. Zombie!
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by tinktanker: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:
That it appeared on nairaland or that it was shown on NTA where people were lamenting the stopping of the project, does that necessarily make it to be true?

Are you aware that the government of Buhari has been running on GEJ's budget of 2015 which set aside virtually nothing for the ministry of works?.... Sometimes I wonder why people just make comments and judgements out of pure emotions. The link you pasted clearly stated that the contractors weren't paid, hence they abandoned the site. Buhari only just got his first budget passed last week but you blame him for stopping GEJ's projects?.... Did GEJ budget anything for the projects in 2015?... If not, with what money were you expecting the FG to pay the contractors?

Now while people lament the stopping of the project (which was due to the non-payment of funds in 2015), the FG has said it budgeted money for this very project in 2016 but you still cannot discern what that means?

so all d things on buhari govt achievement, e.g ur post frm the punch news paper may as well not be true too. Did u c it in d 2016 budget? Nope. If u did pls show me. The govt may also b lying. But gej budget d payment of the new vc's of the new Universities he built but yet pmb didn't not pay dem but fired. Is it gej fault he has not been able to pass his budget? N on nta it was a new headline. N ppl won't lament of such if it was not true. Just how ppl lament the redeployment of boko prisoners to Anambra state n ppl like u debunked it until it became a known fact the government cld not hide it anymore.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by sherrylo: 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
infohenry:
What nonsense are talking about, road that was awarded by niger delta ministry during yaradua administration during the time Amaechi was constructing rivers state axis of the road, Amaechi completed and commissioned rivers axis but niger delta ministry refuse to pay the contractor leading to abandoning of the road since 2011, the place you mentioned has been like that since 2011 and you here talking what you don't know. The little work they did last year was for political reason as the left immediately after election, what is happening now is as the result of the federal government asking the contractor to return to site.

Thank God for people like you.

1 Like

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by icebergtoby(m): 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
How does that inspire some propaganda? This is a road that should have being built since years for the good people of Ohaji, but the irresponsible IMSG abandoned it for years and was castigating Orubebe and Jonathan?? Now you want us to start clapping for him and then shower praises on Buhari for completing Jonathan's project with 2015 budget? You shot yourself on the foot, crass propagandist.

bros be wise this is not a federal road
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Rhea(f): 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
If you construct a road like this without proper drainage, the neighboring communities will channel all their runoff water toward the road. In a matter of 12 months the road will revert back to its original state. No need constructing roads every year when we can do it once and for all.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
Goat, the village connecting road... Isn't that a state road?
chudionu58:
Keep quiet! irredeemable zombie trying stylishly to salvage anything left of this clueless government and even appropriate any achievement of the much maligned predecessor. As a matter of facts which we all know you deliberately chose to ignore
1. Owerri-Omanelu Federal highway was awarded in March 2010 at the cost of 21 billion, I guess your Yar Adua was in power then.Over the years, that road has suffered from underfunding because of the quest to fund the East West road under the Same ministry.
2. Two sections of Enugu-PH expressway was awarded in August 2013 to Setraco and Arab contractors for 124 billion, while the remaining sections(3&4), where awarded to CCCECC and the CGC in late 2014.
3. Enugu to Amansea was awarded in Dec 2014 @ 24 billion, to RCC after the termination of the previous contract to CCC and Niger Cat.

So dear (fool), these are Jonathan's projects which Buhari should do well to complete(If he likes).
chudionu58:
Keep quiet there and silently accept your folly. Zombie!
chudionu58:

@Myndd44, Rule 2 is being broken here continuously, Am I allowed to respond to this?
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by chudionu58(f): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
obailala:

@Myndd44, Rule 2 is being broken here continuously, Am I allowed to respond to this?
Lol, zombie! Let him go ahead and ban who cares? can't wait to take a break from the hypocrisy filled nairaland/politics. At least it would be obvious that any ban is because a spectacularly ignorant APC online warrior was thoroughly beaten with hard facts(and he couldn't publicly bear it)....Shame!!!
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by obailala(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
chudionu58:
Lol, zombie! Let him go ahead and ban who cares? can't wait to take a break from the hypocrisy filled nairaland/politics. At least it would be obvious that any ban is because a spectacularly ignorant APC online warrior was thoroughly beaten with hard facts(and he couldn't publicly bear it)....Shame!!!
I'm not in the mood to exchange words with someone without manners who throws insults in place of points.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by OAFMods: 5:31am On Apr 01, 2016
kenonze:
Wow.
Good news.
Just September last yr, i spent 2hrs on this particulary spot. Na so everyone dey vex.
Thank God.
So happy

You are able to thank God a road that wasted 2hrs of you life but do not deem it fit to thank those that fixed it n curse those that spent 5 yrs n watch you go through the agony of going tru the deplorable road.
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 01, 2016
[s]
OAFMods:

You are able to thank God a road that wasted 2hrs of you life but do not deem it fit to thank those that fixed it n curse those that spent 5 yrs n watch you go through the agony of going tru the deplorable road.
[/s]

If i do, IPOB youth and wailing wailers will tear my flesh
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by Abagworo(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Update from Umuapu today. Who says Imo is not enjoying the change?

Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by chudionu58(f): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Abagworo:
I thought your paymasters told us not to expect change until the 2016 budget is signed into law? How come??
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/don-t-expect-change-till-2016-budget-is-signed-onu/143930.html
Re: Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road by asha80(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Abagworo:
if only they can hasten up the asphalt of the other side before the rains finally fully sets in...at least this project isn't really dependent on the passage of this delayed budget

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And His Wife At Their Residence / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.