Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW (8743 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Iamlordgee(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Bad belle them them plenty for town
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by tomakint: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
What a pity!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Integrityfarms(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
And the blame game continues as if there has not been pipeline vandalism since the days of Adam!

Meanwhile the Power minister is now daft, deaf and dumb! He can't prove his rocket science technology of power supply 24/7

And the globetrotter is junketing in America in an uninvited mission!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by banme1(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
slimfit1:
Fashola work on Solar farm in the north, let us make use of this heat wave and sun . There are so many easy way to do exploit these technologies.
this grammar of yours is beyond my intellectual sagacity. Must u slim fit your english?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by mrlaw93(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2016
Power generation nd Naira abeg wich one fall pass.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Koleman(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2016
The fall no reach mkd. Coz yesterday alone 22hrs.... went off this morning around 5am....its back on now at 11am.....
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by joey150(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2016
But ehn..why is there a concious and constant effort to tell us when power drops.. It never used to be like this.

I feel they just want Buhari to feel worthless and underperforming. I know power has indeed worsened.
Then again, this news dosent concern the average man..it just turns the people against the governemet even more. Am not for any party, need i mention.

But there is a constant effort by some people to turn the people against the government.and it's for nobodys good, trust me.
Buhari has to up his tempo..too slow. But very thorough.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Sirmuel1(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2016
I'm not praying for Buhari's downfall. I just don't like the fact that he has been deceiving us.

5k per month, he no gree pay.

Light no dey

Fuel no dey

Naira don fall

Food no dey

Money no dey

Baba dey travel grin

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by gurunlocker: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan and his PDP members are exploring all available avenues to destroy the economy and must be resisted embarassed

I feel bad when people don't use their brain, what do you think about that?

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Almajiri1: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2016
EmeritusMbaM, do you have light in your area? Have you blamed sleekaboki today?
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by brightology3: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2016
What did you smoke again
Keneking:
Jonathan and his PDP members are exploring all available avenues to destroy the economy and must be resisted embarassed
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by steph2sweet(f): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:
You got no shame, come 2019, you will keep blaming GEJ.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 31, 2016
steph2sweet:

You got no shame, come 2019, you will keep blaming GEJ.

Him and his government vandalised the economy in the last years and this practise is ingrained in them ...they cant just stop undecided
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Kcxee(m): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
so few weeks back power drop wen mr president travel to Saudi, now again he travel power drops again I suspect fowl play.....
Fashola -be like baba better travel before I release d news, so DAT Nigerians won't blame you.
PMB -be like thank you my minister.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by steph2sweet(f): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:

Him and his government vandalised the economy in the last years and this practise is ingrained in them ...they cant just stop undecided
So hw do you expect this government to work and better the lives of Nigerians, if we keep dwelling on the past.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Akainzo(m): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
NavierStokes:
#INCOMPETENCEISWORSETHANCORRUPTION#

This statement above would imply that "The Corrupt" were delivering electricity prior to being dumped off the scene, unfortunately that is not correct.

As the quote below shows, this "incompetent" ones delivered the highest generation so far in the country. Isn't it strange that you only decided to see what your heart was searching for?

SleekAboii:
The total generated electricity on Wednesday fell to 2,030.5 megawatts from the over 5,000MW peak recorded earlier this year.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by christinie(f): 11:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Can we all declare a National fasting and prayer to be tagged "Fast and pray till Buhari leaves". I believe we won't fast for up to a week before we will hear good news.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Dklef(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAboii:
If this is mere generation, I wonder the amount lost in transmitting. What is buhari even doing in nuclear Summit when we are the nation is in total darkness?

Exactly what baffles me in this whole Mr. President's waka waka.

How Nuclear Summit take consign Naija, i nor know!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Akainzo(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2016
Integrityfarms:
And the blame game continues as if there has not been pipeline vandalism since the days of Adam!

Meanwhile the Power minister is now daft, deaf and dumb! He can't prove his rocket science technology of power supply 24/7

And the globetrotter is junketing in America in an uninvited mission!

OK, you don't want to know the reason for the lower power generation, in that case, you can try believing that Fashola instructed the power plants to shutdown so that Tinubu can import generators. I hope this reason makes you feel much better!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016
steph2sweet:

So hw do you expect this government to work and better the lives of Nigerians, if we keep dwelling on the past.

Its a process. We need to rebuild the past. We need to blame the past (in)actions. No individual has been brought to book for the present predicament and you think we should just forge ahead, just like that undecided
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2016
Im tired of hearing this vandalism excuse, its getting old.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by steph2sweet(f): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:

Its a process. We need to rebuild the past. We need to blame the past (in)actions. No individual has been brought to book for the present predicament and you think we should just forge ahead, just like that undecided
Sorry I don't buy this idea at all.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by persius555(m): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2016
I dont want to believe press statements by govt official anymore. Especially as regards this power issue. On this same issue, a minister in the former cabinet blamed the underworld spirits for the lack of incapacity. What else do i need to hear? I have come to a conclusion that nigeria's ability to get the power issue right will bring an end to some people's wealth and well being. If vandals are majorly responsible for the challenges we face in generating electricity, why then doesnt the minister of power ask the NA to pass a bill that will make pipeline and power infrastructure vandalism an offence punishable by death. I dont want to believe that some nigerians enjoy destroying public infrastructures for the fun of it. If this law is passed, any vandal caught (if truly they exist) in the act will face death penalty. Since their acts often lead to the death of workers who do the pipeline repairs, expectant mothers who lose their unborn babies because the hospitals can provide electricity. Its high time we try a different and desperate approach to this power problem.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by bayulll011(m): 11:27am On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAboii:
The total generated electricity on Wednesday fell to 2,030.5 megawatts from the over 5,000MW peak recorded earlier this year.
households as well as to industries and other organisations across the country,” he said.

Nigerian Leaders and nigerian as a whole are bunch of silly pathetic people on earth,they are so funny and silly,I did mentions to one colleague,let the nigerian leaders be sincere and stop all their useless project across the federation and focus only on Electricity.

My Verdict: These people know what to do,they are just taking us for a foooll,a secondary school students knows that the major determinant in Electricity is Generations which can be in many forms,winds,solar,gas,turbines,winds etc,your uselesss leaders are so silly,they don't want to do the right thing,south africa with a populations of 50millions generate more than 60,000,new york generate close to 5Ghz,and you want to beat Egypt with the populations of 90thousand and more than 500,000MGZ.

N.B none of your leaders depends on Phcn,they have mikano in their homes that runs 24/h,that's why one uselesss presidential spokemen will tell us to go hold those vandals.

Final Note:I have come to realized that things aint getting better soon,just do the needful,help yourself and your family.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by martyns303(m): 11:27am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Integrityfarms(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Akainzo:

OK, you don't want to know the reason for the lower power generation, in that case, you can try believing that Fashola instructed the power plants to shutdown so that Tinubu can import generators. I hope this reason makes you feel much better!

Did pipeline vandalism start in this regime? Thought they had solutions to Nigeria problems during their campaigns and manifestoes
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by ceejay80s(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2016
I am tired of these story about vandalized this and that, can't u just use some of them as scape goat? Catch one person and he lads u to their master who sent them, put them all to death by hanging ,let me see if after that another person go try am again,
Na we just dey make the story long for our selves
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by CICERO09(m): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Its time to start using our fridge as wardrobes
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by aworiwo1(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2016

On electricity load allocation to power distribution companies, the System Operator stated that Ikeja Electric got 304.58MW; Abuja, 233.51MW; Eko, 233.36MW; Benin, 182.75MW; Ibadan, 263.97MW; Jos, 111.68MW; Kano, 162.44MW; Kaduna, 162.44MW; Port Harcourt, 131.98MW; and Yola, 71.07MW.

If these value provided for power allocated to te discos then I see a technical improvement from the area of transmission, as a record low of 15.38 per cent of the Generated power was loss in course of transmission.

But this is not to say that the transmission network is good enough because I see more losses by the time generation increases.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by cckris: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2016
christinie:
Can we all declare a National fasting and prayer to be tagged "Fast and pray till Buhari leaves". I believe we won't fast for up to a week before we will hear good news.

God of Elijah send down fire, to consume them that wish to islamise Nigeria.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by bakynes(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2016
The solution to this pipeline vandalism is very simple;
1.Just get a few units of small drones or robot insects with camera function that is controlled by security operatives.

2.Get the insects patrolling the pipeline area and have a standby unit of security operatives to arrest vandals as soon as they attempt vandalizing the pipelines.

3.Like someone suggested get stiffer punishment for pipeline vandals.

I dont know why our leaders are so lazy to think.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW by Almajiri1: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2016
Dklef:

Exactly what baffles me in this whole Mr. President's waka waka.
How Nuclear Summit take consign Naija, i nor know!
The traveling baboon love for develop cities abroad baffles me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Don't Need Prophets: Niger Delta People's Suffering Is Just Beginning (photo / Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff / Labour Cancels Planned Strike In Ondo As Governor Pays Six-month Arrears.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.