Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Rant: I'm K-fed Up! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rant: I'm K-fed Up! (1618 Views)

Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) / We’re Fed Up With Patience Jonathan In Rivers – 16 PDP Gov. Aspirants / The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 10, 2006
I’m K-Fed up!
Yes you heard it! I have reached my wits end! Someone just chewed the last straw that broke the camel’s back. I am pushed to the wall, I can no longer take the hypocrisy, ethical deficit and moral decadence that wafts all around me. I’m K-Fed up!

I’m K-Fed up of men who smuggle $170,000 into the US to buy a new car when more than 70% of my country men live on less than $1 a day.

I’m K-Fed up of a country where men who should be in prison for mortgaging our future pick up nomination forms to run for democratic office they once “cancelled” due to “prevailing circumstances”.

I’m tired of god(less)fathers who openly show contempt for the will of the people by removing governors each time they cannot get their itchy fingers in the public till. I’m tired of lawbreakers who hold the threat of impeachment as a sword of Damocles over governors who try to prevent them from going on a looting spree.

I’m tired! Tired! Tired!

I’m tired of roads that are no more than death traps, broken down rail lines and water ways that have turned to fertile grounds for breeding water lilies.

I’m K-Fed up of blaming God anytime our air molues decide they can be punished no further.

I’m K-Fed up of giving excuses as to why poor Togo can provide 24hrs stable electricity and ‘almighty’ Nigeria cannot. I’m tired of excuses as to why I have to queue for 30hrs to buy fuel that is being exploited in my backyard. I’m tired of being told to go and vote for those who “keep quiet at home and sleep” while I have to slave away to put two circular meals on my table.

I’m tired! Tired! Tired!

I’m K-Fed up of tyranny, political pimps, dictators masquerading as democrats, legislathieves, commanders in thief, sole (mal)administrators and representathieves.

I’m K-Fed up of stakeholders whose only stake is in their pockets, I’m tired of experts who only surface when disaster strikes, elderstatesmen who do not represent the people and “big”men who love-vendor our votes to loot our future.

I’m K-Fed up of celebrikids who enjoy playing house with children’s lives. Yes, those who get married for 55hrs while on a drunken binge, those who think money can buy love and a responsible lifestyle.

I’m tired! Tired! Tired!
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by mazaje(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2006
take a nap of u are that tired grin grin grin
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Jakumo(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2006
Davidylan don't let it get to you.   Nigeria remains one of the basket case nations of the world, and fretting about it will only raise your blood pressure.

Go with the flow.  If you live in Europe or America be grateful you have that option, but also be prepared to revert instantly to jungle survival mode when you visit Nigeria :  Have your bribe money handy for the "cops" and other officious uniformed beggars,  be prepared to live without electricity or running water, limit road travel so as not to wind up as uncollected road-kill, avoid air-travel entirely so as not to wind up a crispy critter,  keep a well-oiled and loaded gun handy at night to defend yourself and family if need be, and be ready to get the heck out of dodge if the shit really hits the fan and the rumour mill hints at a military coup.
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by toshmann(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2006
, i'm also tired of seeing children and pregnant women die in hospital because there is no facility for simple treatment or doctors are on strike or no oxygen in a whole hospital while our leaders go to europe each time they have a head ache for medical attention.
i hate when students are idle at home due to ASUU strike while the children of the rich are in europe.
i hate to imagine that the owerri/onitsha road is not yet tarred yet some individuals are looting money that can tarr that road twice.
i hate to imagine that the niger bridge is unsafe and the govt is busy thinking of how to rig the next election. waiting for when people will crash into the river b4 they do something.
i refuse to understand why we cant even count ourselves in that country. i refuse to appreciate why anambra-the state of ekwueme, nnamdi azikiwe, nwafor orizu, chike obi, okadigbo etc does not have a govt for over six years.

i refuse,

but, our time will come

weep not davidylan

1 Like

Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by mazaje(m): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2006
am also tired of we nigerians lamenting and crying for over 20years. all we do is cry cry and cry but no mouse wants to go and bell the cat. all we can do is only cry cos the cats(our leders) are far way beyound our strength. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Bhola(f): 2:29am On Nov 11, 2006
I thought I was the only one. I actually had an headache yesterday from thinking about solutions for the "yeye" country. I am so K-Fed up, it's not even funny.

I thought about dropping grenades on all the houses of assembly when the thieves are all in session, but I realised that I can not kill people, because the good book says, Thou shall not kill.

I thought about the right to bear arms for all the people of Nigeria. I am sure, if the corrupt policeman knows that you might have a gun in your car, he'll not come and harrass you for 20 naira bride.

I thought about the fact that the average designer's clothe in Nigeria is about 200 dollars and I wonder, who are these thieves daughters, expecting to buy their stupid clothes, if not their fellow friends, whose fathers are also thieves.

I thought about, the fact that I really want to visit Nigeria, but God knows I can't stand the present day Nigeria. I will definitely go back and do politics in 25 years, hopefully, the country will have improved, though I aint going to bet my salary on any improvement.

Just like David, I am K-Fed Up!
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Seun(m): 8:13am On Nov 11, 2006
The more we blame our leaders for inaction, the more they will take freedom away from us in the name of action.
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2006
I'm fed up that Igbos make up a large proportion of international travellers and there is no international airport in Igboland.
I'm fed up that I have to go through PH,Lagos or Abuja to get to my home yet 80% of the Christmas vacationers in the aircraft from Oyiboland are Igbos and we have to go through the death traps called roads to get home.
Something ain't right!!
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by kimba(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2006
just FYI,

im fed up of all this plane crashes.

They said another Helicopter crashed days ago
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2006
I thought about the fact that the average designer's clothe in Nigeria is about 200 dollars and I wonder, who are these thieves daughters, expecting to buy their stupid clothes, if not their fellow friends, whose fathers are also thieves.
If I've work hard for my money and I decide to buy designer clothes with it, that's my right.
It's not the buying of designer clothes that makes embezzlement bad. It's the embezzlement itself.
If I am a hardworking designer and people want to buy my clothes for $200, why not?!!

1 Like

Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by ikamefa(f): 7:32pm On May 19, 2007
is @ topic still fed up? tongue grin grin grin grin

are y'all still fed up?

after all its been a year since this thread came into being grin
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by olutomiwa(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2007
davidylan my broda dont allow our country,s wahala get at you so as not to av high blood pressure,leave dem alone one day MONKEY GO GO MARKET HIM NO GO RETURN,i come to nairaland every day so that our country,s wahala no go get at me or give me high blood pressure.DONT WORRY THERE IS HOPE WHEN THERE IS LIFE.
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by teddyface(m): 11:10pm On May 19, 2007
@ poster
my guy you better take things easy, dont worry God will hear our prayers soon. wink keep you head up
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by wadomi: 11:14pm On May 19, 2007
what is he saying? no meaning at all.
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by 50kobo: 2:27am On May 21, 2007
im k-fed up of all this zoning, south-south, south-west, north-north shit! We are all Nigerians! end of story.

but im not k-fed up of being a nigerian smiley (not just yet)
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 10, 2016
Its been 10 year david, and nothing has changed

I wish my future self could write to me and tell me if things will be okay in the future.

Will nigeria still exist come 2023? Are u still there future me? Did Nairaland make it?
Re: Rant: I'm K-fed Up! by BALLOSKI: 11:36pm On May 10, 2016
Seun:

If I've work hard for my money and I decide to buy designer clothes with it, that's my right.
It's not the buying of designer clothes that makes embezzlement bad. It's the embezzlement itself.
If I am a hardworking designer and people want to buy my clothes for $200, why not?!!
you don take am personal. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Exposing Bill And Hillary Clinton's Criminal Activity / 6 Million Nigerian Children Out Of School – Unesco / Commissioner Reigns In Ogun State, To Address Press In London Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.