Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) (3520 Views)

President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / Fashola Will One Day Be The President Of Nigeria - Actor Kunle Afolayan / Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by kingjoo: 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Following last night’s rant on Twitter by
awardwinning film maker, Kunle Afolayan, another
Nollywood practitioner has reacted to Kunle’s
branding of Igbos as the major pirates of
Nollywood movies.
This time, it is Nollywood director, Ifeanyi
Ikpoenyi called Mr Hollywood by some of his
friends, who has taken to Facebook to respond to
Kunle’s tweets. As far as Ifeanyi is concerned,
Kunle is an overrated film maker.
See his post below…

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Nokiae5: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
all this yoruba psychist mo una dey learn how to shuuurrrrup lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Trailblazer1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ifeanyi pls help me tutor kunle

14 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Ikengawo: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
the panic in yoruba land is too real. They're now realizing the mouth that feeds them. Imagine after the Igbos that own alaba market invented Nollywood and propelled it from that very same Alaba market to international heights. A worthless son of the oil will come and insult the founders, owners, movers,shakers, and builders of Nollywood.

Name 1 Yoruba person that's famous for doing Yoruba films.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-8173gJL_hLg/VJMTAtjzjUI/AAAAAAAANAs/-hr1YPvJbzQ/s1600/yoruba%2Bactor%2Bdead.jpg[/img]

this guy?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by sosanova: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
kingjoo:
Nollywood movies.
See his post below…

Kai See Punchlines , this guy don finish Kunle Afolayan grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
smiley
Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
In all this, this guy didn't even address issues raised by the other nonentity.

Yes there are quality Igbo actresses and actors and there are Quality Yoruba actresses and actors. So how does that challenge the fact that piracy is something common among Igbo marketers?

Piracy affects everybody and Igbos will do well to call their boys to order instead of throwing mud at whoever..

Abeg... Nollywood is a divided tribalistic industry that needs to die unless they unite and make quality movies. Their current movies are shit save for a few!!

11 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by blake777(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Truth is Nigerians dnt like Nigerians no brotherly love here...smh

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Rapmaestro(m): 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ifeanyi pls help me tutor kunle
sorry, but who is Ifeanyi I know him not...

10 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by eaglechild: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2015
Very careless statement by Kunle.

9 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Menace2Society(m): 12:09am On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos and loud mouth grin One mumu Ikengawo is even asking stupid question yeye!half illiterates!!!

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Menace2Society(m): 12:12am On Apr 08, 2015
Rapmaestro:
sorry, but who is Ifeanyi I know him not...
Honestly i don't even know the goat called Ifeanyi?those people no get sense but mouth undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by pauloftarsus(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2015
Menace2Society:
Honestly i don't even know the goat called Ifeanyi?those people no get sense but mouth undecided
I don't know him either, he wants to use this to shine

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Menace2Society(m): 12:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Ifeanyi tell your brothers to stop PIRACY na God we take beg una cry

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Menace2Society(m): 12:26am On Apr 08, 2015
How many Hollywood great directors can u recognise on the street mr Ifeanyi mumu no even sabi difference btw Actors and Directors grin

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by OreMI22: 12:34am On Apr 08, 2015
Who is kune?
Another useless yoruba bigot seeking attention

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by oduastates: 1:51am On Apr 08, 2015
Fact is that our culture is incompatible with that of the south East.
How does the rant of this nobody change the fact.
Most of the criminals in the SW are of Southeastern origin. Most of the crimes are committed by people of Southeastern origin.
I remember the British saying similar about elements of the Pakistani community who groom children for sex
Only the twisted will blame for the victim.
Exactly what I said earlier.
There is a total lack of leadership.
Almost as if many are incapable of functioning in an organised and lawful society.
India, Malaysia, Botswana,,Thailand Zimbabwe, Kenya,south Africa etc.
So much that many of those embassies have started doing ethnic profiling before issuing a visa.

7 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Bekwarra(m): 2:11am On Apr 08, 2015
How come I'm seeing Ifeanyi's name for the first time? Eleribu omo

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by austinvsb1(m): 3:10am On Apr 08, 2015
How many awards has this 'Mr hollywood' won. Kunle afolayan's movies are respected far and wide and has gulped more awards than this ifeanyi nonentity will ever dream of!

Despite being the least in number amongst the 3 major nigeria tribes, why are the igbo the ones majorly involved in atrocities far and wide, even soiling the country's name in the international commmunity.

Take a look at NDLEA's list of captured drug dealers and smugglers and the percentage the igbos hold will shock you! Piracy nko? Armed robberies? What of money rituals and all?? Na only you guys dey naija??!

Crazy thing is despite their numerous high level of criminality,No igbo man is in the top 10 list of Africa richest men or women.

It's high time someone puts this F*s in their place!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by pazienza(m): 3:20am On Apr 08, 2015
austinvsb1:
How many awards has this 'Mr hollywood' won. Kunle afolayan's movies are respected far and wide and has gulped more awards than this ifeanyi nonentity will ever dream of!

Despite being the least in number amongst the 3 major nigeria tribes, why are the igbo the ones majorly involved in atrocities far and wide, even soiling the country's name in the international commmunity.

Take a look at NDLEA's list of captured drug dealers and smugglers and the percentage the igbos hold will shock you! Piracy nko? Armed robberies? What of money rituals and all?? Na only you guys dey naija??!

Crazy thing is despite their numerous high level of criminality,No igbo man is in the top 10 list of Africa richest men or women.

It's high time someone puts this F*s in their place!

Where is your evidence of Igbos being the least in number amongst the three major ethnic groups?

To the best of my knowledge, Ndiigbo are the most populous ethnic group in Nigeria, NPC should prove me wrong by puting ethnic group in the next census.

9 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Cholls(m): 3:33am On Apr 08, 2015
my brothers stop this let it end already. The devil is a liar. They are our brothers we had said a little they have heard dont turn it to bitterness to fit the plan of the devil. Forgive and let us forge forward ok. West and east we are the pillars of this country and we shall nt break in bitterness in Jesus name. I love you no matter what
Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by ionsman: 3:41am On Apr 08, 2015
Can you just imagine? Piracy is the issue here and ifeanyi is using this medium to express his jealousy. Go and get your own DOP that is in yinka davies' class so we can see what you will churn out.
NONSENSE!

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by austinvsb1(m): 3:48am On Apr 08, 2015
Cholls:
my brothers stop this let it end already. The devil is a liar. They are our brothers we had said a little they have heard dont turn it to bitterness to fit the plan of the devil. Forgive and let us forge forward ok. West and east we are the pillars of this country and we shall nt break in bitterness in Jesus name. I love you no matter what

Man, the cat has already been let out of the bag, I was walking by a newspaper stand today where an Igbo boy was beaten mercilessly and almost stabbed in agege for talking ill about oba akiolu. But for a timely intervention by policemen of the station by pencinema roundabout, it would have been another story.

What I am trying to say is, there is so much tension everywhere in lagos now than I have ever witnessed and I blame the pdp and igbos for allowing themselves to be used as pawns. Now the atmosphere in tensed! People are angry!! Only God can calm nerves nw as this might really blow out of proportion.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by aresa: 3:55am On Apr 08, 2015
What's his relevance or no relevance as a movie director got to do with what the man said about ibo people and piracy?

Why not address the charges instead of the silly, childish and unintelligent nonsense about onisha or aba or some dumb popularity rubbish.

What a dunce....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 08, 2015
Oi! Ye Yoruba and Igbo louts! Abeg I need your contributions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2243088/yoruba-politicians-smarter-than-igbo
Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by whitecat1: 4:00am On Apr 08, 2015
Serves him right!

He shouldn't have apologized!

You just don't apologize to ibos even if you are wrong cos, that's when they will now come for you. Ibos are animals who have lived in the jungle, so they know how to smell and prey on the weak!

Ibos are not real human beings like that!

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by talktimi(m): 4:01am On Apr 08, 2015
I normally avoid these Yoruba vs Ibo tribal war threads anywhere I meet them online. As I say, the wars are mostly online but truth be told the wahala has been festering for far too long and we just might be at the boiling point.
I haven't read Kunle Afolayan's exact words though I only hope they're not as bad as people make them to seem especially considering his standing in the society and so I'm not going to be judgemental of anybody apart from the particular criminals who caused this crisis.
I have some interest in the entertainment industry and I know or understand KA's pains to an extent. Ask any upcoming or even established musicians what they go through in the hands of 'alaba boys' where you have to pay your fellow man to pirate your work in the name of "promo" then you can begin to understand what a producer who has spent millions in cash, long hours on location and long hours in the studio doing editing and other post production works feels.
A while back, I was chatting with a friend on phone and he told me how he called AY and congratulated him on his wonderful movie 30 days in Atlanta. Suffice to say the movie hadn't been released on DVD yet and was still available only in cinemas which was why a good intended phone call left AY feeling bitter and he had to take action the next week.
We should elevate from tribal blames and fight thus cancer holistically. The Nigerian copyright commission is not living up to expectations and they surely would have to sit up in their activities in conjunction with the relevant security agencies to curb this menace. Piracy is a cancer to the entertainment industry PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by jimi4us: 6:24am On Apr 08, 2015
sosanova:

Kai See Punchlines , this guy don finish Kunle Afolayan grin grin grin
those punch lines are wicked. and its true he only say action, and that's all.
Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by jimi4us: 6:29am On Apr 08, 2015
whitecat1:
Serves him right!

He shouldn't have apologized!

You just don't apologize to ibos even if you are wrong cos, that's when they will now come for you. Ibos are animals who have lived in the jungle, so they know how to smell and prey on the weak!

Ibos are not real human beings like that!
but how come you choose whiteCat as your user name. so its true you people are dis DULL.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:29am On Apr 08, 2015
kingjoo:
Nollywood movies.
See his post below…
And his response had to be tribal in nature too? He just showed himself as a bigot too.
Re: Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi Reacts To Kunle Afolayan’s Twitter Rant. (pics) by AustineE1: 6:43am On Apr 08, 2015
austinvsb1:

Man, the cat has already been let out of the bag, I was walking by a newspaper stand today where an Igbo boy was beaten mercilessly and almost stabbed in agege for talking ill about oba akiolu. But for a timely intervention by policemen of the station by pencinema roundabout, it would have been another story.

What I am trying to say is, there is so much tension everywhere in lagos now than I have ever witnessed and I blame the pdp and igbos for allowing themselves to be used as pawns. Now the atmosphere in tensed! People are angry!! Only God can calm nerves nw as this might really blow out of proportion.
and you are nt even ashamed to open your mouth and say this nonsense,that a community of Yoruba cowards fought an Igbo guy,whom one on one can waste each of them in seconds.Yet you celebrated your coward and slippery brothers,dont forget that Tinubu and Fashola started this whole thing when they deported some Igbos,so stop mentioning PDP,why do you cowards always blame others for your gross stupidity.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] / Oshiomole Shielding A Police Officer From Rain With A Broken Umbrella / Pigeon Caught Flying Drugs Into Prison (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.