Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,770 members, 7,824,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian (8899 Views)

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Who Is A Lagosian? / Obama Lion King Cartoon Causes Cries Of ‘racism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by forpeace: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2010
Originally posted by jaguar_09:

Weather the post is a lie or not, how can olowolafe happens to be the only credible contractor in Lagos? i for one pay about 15% of my monthly income on tax, the numbers are if i earn 100K then i am taxed 15K per month. i live in Lekki where there is no road, pipe borne water, government clinic. etc i even pay for waste disposal and security (vigilante). all this is what my tax should provide for me. not to mention the almighty POWER supply. those who have argued against the post should have a rethink. think of your immediate environment, the standard of living, hours spent on traffic, the menance of the torts on the road with all sorts of uniform, tormenting people who indirectly pay their salary through tax. it's annoying and only logical to ask the kind of question the poster mentioned above. Lagos state has become a revenue generating conscious state, where you must pay for everything. like someone said, car radio permit, car park, etc. God forsake you, your car breaks down along the road, before you go get a mechanic or whatever to fix it, it's either the torts in uniform have tolled it alausa or the torts in mofty have robbed you off your car accessories. LAGOS SUCKS, i know people will ask me to leave if am no more comfortable here, but mind you the consititution empowers me have freedom of residence in any part of Nigeria.

The activities of Fashola led government should be investigated for the records.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by candylips(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2010
why don't you pack you bags and go back to your village. staying in lagos is not by force
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
candylips:

why don't you pack you bags and go back to your village. staying in lagos is not by force

Sometimes you guys forget that the diverse population of lagos is what makes it tick.Lagos belongs to nobody but those that have interest in lagos and that includes everybody from all the nooks and crannies of africa not just nigeria.

This mindset of hunter gatherers should be stamped out from you people for us to move on.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by lafile(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ Forpeace
I agree with almost everything you said.

But why blame Fashola? All these problems existed long before he got to the corridors of power.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2010
redsun:

Sometimes you guys forget that the diverse population of lagos isu yowhere what makes it tick.Lagos belongs to nobody but those that have interest in lagos and that includes everybody from all the nooks and crannies of africa not just nigeria.

This mindset of hunter gatherers should be stamped out from you people for us to move on.

This is way way off santimonious talk.

It doesn't matter who Lagos belongs to, it's still not by force to stay and call home a place you hate and dislike so much.

If you live in a bad neighborhood and have the means to move to a better neighborhood, God bless your hearth and move. Why needlessly suffer and complain when no one is forcing you to stay.

It's not about who a place belongs to, it's about you excising your given rights to make adult decisions about your own life, peace and security.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by leye1234(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
@candylips
For the life if me, i don't understand why a guy will want to refer himself as candylips. That is a story for another day. Why are you so quick to say what you said? You could have taken your time to digest the gist before running your mouth.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by SkyBlue1: 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
babapupa:

It doesn't matter who Lagos belongs to, it's still  not by force to stay and call home a place you hate and dislike so much.

If you live in a bad neighborhood and have the means to move to a better neighborhood, God bless your hearth and move. Why needlessly suffer and complain when no one  is forcing you to stay.

It's not about who a place belongs to, it's about you excising your given rights to make adult decisions about your own life, peace and security.

Although I do not completely agree with the poster, I think your arguements are way off the mark. According to your reasoning then, I guess the world should open its borders to Nigerians since those in the country are not happy about it, so the country can be emptied of human life. If the citizen has a right to live in Lagos as a citizen of Nigeria and a Lagos tax payer, doesn't he have a right to question his government?

I believe Fashola so far is doing a good job (increasing the IGR of the state, investment in infrastructure and education, projects like eko atlantic, lekki project, etc) and I think we can't just expect the state to become paradise at once considering what was met. However, I don't believe you need to question somebody's right to demand from his gorvenor in order to make a point. It is meant to be a democracy afterall.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Gekko(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
forpeace:

Weather the post is a lie or not, how can olowolafe happens to be the only credible contractor in Lagos? i for one pay about 15% of my monthly income on tax, the numbers are if i earn 100K then i am taxed 15K per month. i live in Lekki where there is no road, pipe borne water, government clinic. etc i even pay for waste disposal and security (vigilante). all this is what my tax should provide for me. not to mention the almighty POWER supply. those who have argued against the post should have a rethink. think of your immediate environment, the standard of living, hours spent on traffic, the menance of the torts on the road with all sorts of uniform, tormenting people who indirectly pay their salary through tax. it's annoying and only logical to ask the kind of question the poster mentioned above. Lagos state has become a revenue generating conscious state, where you must pay for everything. like someone said, car radio permit, car park, etc. God forsake you, your car breaks down along the road, before you go get a mechanic or whatever to fix it, it's either the torts in uniform have tolled it alausa or the torts in mofty have robbed you off your car accessories. LAGOS SUCKS, i know people will ask me to leave if am no more comfortable here, but mind you the consititution empowers me have freedom of residence in any part of Nigeria.

The activities of Fashola led government should be investigated for the records.

@poster.  those are legitimate concerns and in developed nations you have enforceable rights to demand answers it should be a no different in Lagos especially if you are taxpayer living in a "Highbrow" area like Lekki or anywhere within the Lagos state. Dont let Fashola junkies deter you from voicing your complaints.  Keep in mind though Fashola needs time to fix Lagos its not going to happen overnight.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by illusion2: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
[center][size=38pt]I see the political jobber 'forpeace' is at it again.

EKO O NI BAJE O !!! smiley[/size][/center]
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
babapupa:

It doesn't matter who Lagos belongs to, it's still  not by force to stay and call home a place you hate and dislike so much.

If you live in a bad neighborhood and have the means to move to a better neighborhood, God bless your hearth and move. Why needlessly suffer and complain when no one  is forcing you to stay.

Alaye,i probably have more genuine interest in lagos than you.We all know Fashola is relatively good,but half good is not good enough,if he has nothing to fear,then opening the state expenditures to independent auditors and watchdogs should be the least of his problems.

One KOBO of public fund misappropriated or mismanage  by public servants is an abuse of office,there are no two ways about it.It may sound strange to you because nigeria is a lawless country but that is the way it is in the real world.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2010
forpeace needs to be banned.

This person is an unmitigated nuisance, as I've stated many times on this forum.

Please ban him so he can get a life instead of whining everywhere and disturbing everyone with his useless threads.

Its not by force to live in lagos. Anyone who doesnt like it can move somewhere else.

Lagos is overpopulated and more people need to leave. I cant emphasize this enough.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
Hear they come,prophets of doom.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
Lagos is overpopulated and more people need to leave. I cant emphasize this enough.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by knigthadam: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
THERE IS NO DOUBT FASHOLA IS DOING A GOOD JOB, BUT HE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF OPENING UP TO INDEPENDENT AUDITORS, IN FACT THEIR SHOULD BE AN OFFICIAL PUBLICATION IN ANY OF THE NEWS PAPERS ON IGR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC SHOULD HAVE FREE ACCESS TO SUCH INFORMATION, AFTER-ALL THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PUBLISHES THE EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ALSO STATE/LOCAL GOVERNMENT ALLOCATIONS

THIS IS NOT BAD BELLE, IT IS CALLED ACCOUNTABILITY
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
stop making senseless analogies.

Nobody owes any explanation to any bad belle jobless Nigerians with nothing better to do with their time than run down hardworking people.

Go and ask the other states and local governments what they're doing with their allocations.

abi when you went to your LGA (outside lagos), was the place like Dubai?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by gbengapro: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
I agree with the poster in its entirity. Lagos is a big hell hole. To make matters worse, the Governor has been accused of corruption and abuse of office, and he has not deemed it fit to respond. He is holding we tax payers in contempt and taking us for a ride. These Fashola apologists on nairaland are either blind or paid agents of the Gov. It is okay for him to steal us blind in collaboration with this olowolafe guy as long as he is performing
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^ I replied you on your other thread.

Go back home if you dont like lagos.

Its not by force to be there.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
Are Nigerians not funny people? Imagine asking the most productive governor to open the state accounts. There is nothing wrong in the accounts being open but what is annoying is the agitation for accountability by certain people when they are not agitating to see accounts of the federal government and other state governments.

Comparing Lagos state government to other governments around the world is a tad bit mischievious. Fashola is trying is best but even him can not easily shake off the shackles of corruption, greed, mis-appropriation of funds, etc. This is because the agents of past governments are still around. With time, things will get better. But to expect complete transparency in Fashola's first term is fool-hardy. When there are less corrupt and greedy citizens than trust-worthy citizens, then you may increase your agitation but for now, please allow Fashola to continue the good works he has started.

Lagos indigenes that want accountability - Please start with past governors such as Tinubu, Marwa, Jakande, Otedola
Lagos Residents that want accountability - Please go and ask for accountability from the governors in your state of origin

Eko o ni baje o
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
gbengapro:

I agree with the poster in its entirity. Lagos is a big hell hole. To make matters worse, the Governor has been accused of corruption and abuse of office, and he has not deemed it fit to respond. He is holding we tax payers in contempt and taking us for a ride. These Fashola apologists on nairaland are either blind or paid agents of the Gov. It is okay for him to steal us blind in collaboration with this olowolafe guy as long as he is performing

Have you held Yaradua to account for lack of infrastructure, constant fuel scarcity, insufficient power supply, adequate health care? Can you name one government official who has performed more than Fashola? Have you requested accountability from the millions of looters who have held office?
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by citizenY(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Illusion2

EKO O NI BAJE O !!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Yes Oh, but make Fashola answer the question, Are Lagosians dropping their coins into a bottomless pit (somebody's pocket)?
If not, give proof. Finish, Afterall he is a SAN. He is on familiar territory.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2010
forpeace:

The bolded are all legitimate issues, questions and concerns from a NIGERIAN citizen living where he chose and pays local taxes, and of course is entitled to his concerns since they are all LOCAL concerns. Here is what a fellow Nigerian told him:

Katsumoto:

Lagos indigenes that want accountability - Please start with past governors such as Tinubu, Marwa, Jakande, Otedola
Lagos Residents that want accountability - Please go and ask for accountability from the governors in your state of origin

Eko o ni baje o

Forpeace, all your concerns are legitimate and you have the right to air them. I wouldn't live in Lagos (though my folks own properties in Lagos  grin). I cannot remember spending more than 2 nights in Lagos because I really believe that the place is a HELL HOLE at least until someone honestly try to fix things there. Don't leave -YOU ARE IN YOUR COUNTRY. BUY MORE LANDS if you can.  You are a Nigerian and can live anywhere in Nigeria. Take the Governor to court if you can and demand accountability. The more people like you speak out the better. You are a Nigerian Lagosian!
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2010
when some native lagosians themselves are even moving out of lagos due to overcrowding, some foreigners are making useless noise as if their home states and villages are anything to write home about.

Try moving to Ogun state right there beside lagos and make this kind of noise there, if them born una well.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
Onlytruth:

The bolded are all legitimate issues, questions and concerns from a NIGERIAN citizen living where he chose and pays local taxes, and of course is entitled to his concerns since they are all LOCAL concerns. Here is what a fellow Nigerian told him:

Forpeace, all your concerns are legitimate and you have the right to air them. I wouldn't live in Lagos (though my folks own properties in Lagos  grin). I cannot remember spending more than 2 nights in Lagos because I really believe that the place is a HELL HOLE at least until someone honestly try to fix things there. Don't leave -YOU ARE IN YOUR COUNTRY. BUY MORE LANDS if you can.  You are a Nigerian and can live anywhere in Nigeria. Take the Governor to court if you can and demand accountability. The more people like you speak out the better. You are a Nigerian Lagosian!

Yes, they are legitimate concerns but why should it be one of the very rare performing governors who has to answer these questions. Why not start from the beginning and then you can set the precedent? Why am I asking these questions when I know that you are set in your ways and debating issues with you is akin to banging one's head against a wall. Your attempts at criticisingnd highlighting my posts are not only pitiful but also childish.

What was the point of re-posting my post? Everyone can read my initial post. I will repeat it again, if you want accountability, it is only fair and logical that you start from the beginning and if you are not from Lagos state, go and start with the governors (including past) of your state. Afterall, you don't observe Lagos indigenes asking for accountability in Anambra or Borno.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Onlytruth(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Yes, they are legitimate concerns but why should it be one of the very rare performing governors who has to answer these questions. Why not start from the beginning and then you can set the precedent? Why am I asking these questions when I know that you are set in your ways and debating issues with you is akin to banging one's head against a wall. Your attempts at criticisingnd highlighting my posts are not only pitiful but also childish.

What was the point of re-posting my post? Everyone can read my initial post. I will repeat it again, if you want accountability, it is only fair and logical that you start from the beginning and if you are not from Lagos state, go and start with the governors (including past) of your state. Afterall, you don't observe Lagos indigenes asking for accountability in Anambra or Borno.

Do you frankly think about the implication of your post -what you are really saying? The guy says he pays taxes and local dues to the Lagos state government and owns a property there (unless I misunderstood). So, you want him to go ask for accountability from "his state of origin". Do you really see how twisted that is? 
Saying the truth to you means that I am set in my ways. . . . what does that mean?

I have come to the understanding that those who fought against the easterners where not fighting to keep Nigeria one. They were fighting to kill as many easterners as possible -probably to wipe them out. Is there a wonder that easterners say that the war was against them, not against those who want to divide the country, because frankly those who want to divide Nigeria fought on the Nigerian side and they are complaining even today.
They are at it here!

Forpeace, your concerns and issues are LEGITIMATE. Take it to the highest court in the land if you must. You are standing on solid grounds. In fact buy more lands if you can. NEVER EVER think about leaving. You are on your land.  cool
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by OAM4J: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2010
We are no fools. We know what this agitation for probe is all about.

You people should bring your campaign for probe after 2011.

For once we have a performing governor and people are asking for probe, where were they in the days of Oyinlola, Raji Rasaki, Baba 'Go slow' Otedola, Marwa and Tinubu?

I didnt vote for Fashola, wanted Jimi Agbaje then, but am so glad he won, and by God's grace he will win again come 2011.

My fathers are Lagos indigenes, i was born, bread & buttered in Lagos. I doubt any of you love Lagos more than me. Eko o ni ba je - o ba je tii.

Like some said, it is not compulsory to live in Lagos. There are 35 other alternative states to choose from. If any one wants to leave Lagos and in need of transport fare, let us know, we will help you.

Transparency ko, Transportation ni. Enemies of progress.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2010
Onlytruth:

Do you frankly think about the implication of your post -what you are really saying? The guy says he pays taxes and local dues to the Lagos state government and owns a property there (unless I misunderstood). So, you what him to go ask for accountability from "his state of origin". Do you really see how twisted that is? 
Saying the truth to you means that I am set in my ways. . . . what does that mean?

I have come to the understanding that those who fought against the easterners where not fighting to keep Nigeria one. They were fighting to kill as many easterners as possible -probably to wipe them out. Is there a wonder that easterners say that the war was against them, not against those who want to divide the country, because frankly those who want to divide Nigeria fought on the Nigerian side and they are complaining even today.
They are at it here!

Forpeace, your concerns and issues are LEGITIMATE. Take it to the highest court in the land if you must. You are standing on solid grounds. In fact buy more lands if you can. NEVER EVER think about leaving. You are on your land.  cool

are you delirious, or how does your easterner rant relate to the topic?

Paying taxes is mandatory in any functioning society. The fact that you dont pay taxes in your home village, doesnt mean nobody should pay taxes anywhere else.

Anyone who doesnt see what's being done with your taxes in lagos, must be a blind goat.

besides, the rabble rousers and nitwits arent saying Fashola did nothing. They're simply trying to pretend he overpaid for most of the projects.

when country bumpkins of your ilk come to town na so dem dey do.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
Onlytruth:

Do you frankly think about the implication of your post -what you are really saying? The guy says he pays taxes and local dues to the Lagos state government and owns a property there (unless I misunderstood). So, you what him to go ask for accountability from "his state of origin". Do you really see how twisted that is? 

They are at it here!

Is it possible to have a debate without you introducing Biafra into it? What has Biafra got to do with this? When you start a thread about Biafra, we will discuss it. Introducing Biafra into every topic is a bit pathetic. I have asked you before and I will ask you again, are you a woman, because you are moaning like one.

If the original poster pays taxes in Lagos, then he should start with whoever was in power when he started paying taxes. I will assist him and anyone else with the names of past governors so that they can start their inquiry from there. When he has finished with past governor's then he can start with Fashola. If he equally paid taxes before going to Lagos, then he should be sincere enough to tell us his start of origin and equally task past governors for accountability.

Leave Fashola alone, Eko o ni baaje

Brigadier Mobolaji Johnson Governor 28 May 1967 July 1975 (military)
Commodore Adekunle Lawal Governor July 1975 1977 (military)
Commodore Ndubuisi Kanu Governor 1977 July 1978 (military)
Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe Governor July 1978 October 1979 (military)
Alhaji Lateef Jakande Governor October 1979 December 1983
Air Commodore Gbolahan Mudasiru Governor January 1984 1986 (military)
Navy Captain Mike Akhigbe Governor 1986 July 1988 (military)
Brigadier General Raji Rasaki Governor July 1988 January 1992 (military)
Sir Michael Otedola Governor January 1992 November 1993
Colonel Olagunsoye Oyinlola Governor 9 December 1993 22 August 1996 (military)
Colonel Mohammed Buba Marwa Governor 22 Aug 1996 29 May 1999 (military)
Mr Bola Tinubu Governor 29 May 1999 29 May 2007 Action Congress
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by Katsumoto: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

Paying taxes is mandatory in any functioning society. The fact that you dont pay taxes in your home village, doesnt mean nobody should pay taxes anywhere else.

Anyone who doesnt see what's being done with your taxes in lagos, must be a blind goat.

besides, the rabble rousers and nitwits arent saying Fashola did nothing. They're simply trying to pretend he overpaid for most of the projects.

GBAM
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
Sky Blue:

Although I do not completely agree with the poster, I think your arguements are way off the mark. According to your reasoning then, I guess the world should open its borders to Nigerians since those in the country are not happy about it, so the country can be emptied of human life. If the citizen has a right to live in Lagos as a citizen of Nigeria and a Lagos tax payer, doesn't he have a right to question his government?

I believe Fashola so far is doing a good job (increasing the IGR of the state, investment in infrastructure and education, projects like eko atlantic, lekki project, etc) and I think we can't just expect the state to become paradise at once considering what was met. However, I don't believe you need to question somebody's right to demand from his gorvenor in order to make a point. It is meant to be a democracy after all.

How did we gyrate from Lagos state and indigents of Lagos state to international migration?

This is not about questioning the government. Don't you have to give us something to justify your questions and constant harassment? It's also about excising the same right they accessed when they made the decision to go live in lagos state. Regardless of your gripes against the Governor or the government of Lagos state, millions of Lagosians  love Lagos to pieces and also believe the Governor is the best thing since the emergence of slice bread.  Now what?

We have visual, credible and physical evidence of what the Governor is doing with our money so what evidence do you have to show that the Governor is stealing or doing any dirt with our money. It's all about fairness, you don't run around rubbishing people's good name for no reason. If you don't like the state, take your butt to the next state, if your don't like a store because their price is too high, you walk across the street to another store.

We all have choices in Life based on our given rights and you're free to make credible decisions as an adult to determine where to get the best bang for your TAX naira based on your personal values and standards and if you're convinced that Lagos state is the best place for you to call home, then be ready to act like a matured adult.

If you have any kind of allegation against any Government, the sensible thing to do as a right thinking adult and taxpayer is get your facts/documentation of wrong doing and take it to the press for further investigation, take it to the EFCC,  the court of Law or the state Lawmakers.

There are set avenues to channel your allegations trough.  Is all we need to stop the government and have it investigated is to throw anything at the Governor regardless of who's throwing it and what proof of wrong doing?

The Lagos state government is not obligated under any law/constitution to respond to every allegation out there and siting on NL yelling and steaming everyday and still not a shred of evidence to support your constant yelling of wrong doing only pictures that you have other issues from personal to ulterior or plain ol'e attention seeking. People with real and serious issues against the government are to be taken seriously, but not noise making folks with nothing put forward to justify our their noise and our undecided attention.

We've already been subjected to still unsubstantiated allegations by some folks asking the state lawmakers to investigate the Governor and the lawmakers themselves. Obviously, this is nothing but a bogus allegation and needless waste of the state's time, resources and the Governor in general and I'll tell you why.

Some group claimed that the governor mismanaged state's fund, misappropriated state fund, overshoot cost of projects, awarded projects to friends and other meaningless stories.

The fact is, after so many weeks, Lagosians are still waiting to see and read the the damaging evidence of corruption and wrongdoing against their Governor, the state legislators still don't have anything to present to Lagosians as true evidence of corruption and wrongdoing on the part of their esteemed Governor. All we have is attention seeking people with obvious dubious motives running around tendering checks they can't and don't know how to cash and they have the state colluding state legislators doing their biding and carrying their dirty water.

After the state court stopped all actions against the Governor because the investigating legislators are part of the complaints, the same bogus group turned around and exonerated the legislators of any wrong doing saying they don't have anything against the legislators after all so they can go ahead and investigate. This is an obvious attempt  to run circles around the court and take away the courts argument for stopping the investigation.

Now, so they have nothing against the state legislators in terms of evidence. What about the Governor? Where is the documented evidence against the Governor? Did the legislators ever asked this group to cough up credible documented evidence of wrong doing before telling Lagosians about their intentions to investigate their best Governor on record? Is this how credible and trustworthy people do things?

Tell me the governor embezzle money, diverted money to his personal or foreign accounts, stashed the state's money under his bed, he has houses in 36 states and in London, Paris, New york and Dubai and I'll listen to you. These allegations not only sound petty, they are silly.

Too bad people pull stunts like these and get away with it in Nigeria. How do you throw so much at a siting government and nothing is demanded from you in terms of proof and evidence of wrong doing. Only in Nigeria because people get sued and fined heavily for less in other countries.

Unfortunately and despite the fact that Lagos state is the most politically enlightened and sophisticated state in Nigeria, we still have some banana republic thinking people running around and calling themselves honorable when it's so obvious there's nothing honorable about them. They are nothing but relics of the past dancing to the tune of the past.

Fortunately, Lagosians have moved on and the last thing on their mind is going back to the past Lagos of chaos and anarchy, they've tasted the good life, they've tasted good governance and great leadership. Obviously, Fashola closed their corruption and gravy train pipeline left opened by the previous Governor.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by babapupa: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

I don't get these eastern people for real, it's like anything to seek attention and turn everything into needless Biafra talk

Must every damn thing be about them? The sun doesn't rise and set on their narrow behind for crying out loud.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by redsun(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
Until the yorubas break off from nigeria,lagos,in as much as it could be termed a mega slum,remains a bonafide city in nigeria and it belongs to nigerian,especially the players that makes the money roll,not for area boys and girls aka the otimkpus.

I personally can't live in a polluted and chaotic city like lagos,but i can have my activities there,whenever and wherever i want and can afford because it is a state in nigeria.

Lagos seized to exist as an evolving city when the oyinbos and the only thing that can bring it back to cause is strict accountabilities and responsibilities on the side of all,especially the leaders.
Re: The Cries Of A Fed Up Lagosian by felele(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
redsun:

Until the yorubas break off from nigeria,lagos,in as much as it could be termed a mega slum,remains a bonafide city in nigeria and it belongs to nigerian,especially the players that makes the money roll,not for area boys and girls aka the otimkpus.

I personally can't live in a polluted and chaotic city like lagos,but i can have my activities there,whenever and wherever i want and can afford because it is a state in nigeria.

[size=20pt]Lagos seized to exist as an evolving city when the oyinbos and the only thing that can bring it back to cause is strict accountabilities and responsibilities on the side of all,especially the leaders.
[/size]

This bolded quote, more than anything else you have said, shows your ignorance nakedly for the whole world to see. Do you know that the first trunk A road in Nigeria is in Lagos? Do you know that it was built during colonial times No, not by your gods, the oyinbos, but by indigenes of Ikorodu and other Ijebus, after the white man told them point blank to their faces that he was not here to give them infrastructure. I happen to know this because I am a descendant of one of those brave indigenes of Lagos state that put ALL their money on the line to save their people from the hazard of drowning while travelling to Lagos by boat.

Walahi, you have just given more justification to the argument that some Easterners do not really belong in Lagos and do not really have the best interest of Lagos state and indigenes of Lagos State at heart.
[size=20pt]
Truly, if you do not like the obvious work that Governor Fashola is doing with YOUR taxes, please, take your filthy money to your state and go and donate it to your thieving governors who will then proceed to whip your ungratefull backside with a cat-o-nine-tails, aka, Koboko.
[/size]

I really hate to have to educate ignoramuses like you, but if you need further clarification of the fact that Lagos ONLY began to evolve after the exit of the colonialists, I will be glad to oblige. yeyenatu!!!

And don't let the door hit you on the way out. Afori omo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A New Vista Of War As Eleme Battle Ogoni / Buhari Not At G7 Meeting - Real Pictures/video From The Event Yesterday / Grass Cutting Scandal: Workers Sue Firm Linked To Babachir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.