Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US (13547 Views)

Buhari Averts Diplomatic Row With Turkey Over Extradition Requests – Mr. Onyeama / Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) / FFK Slams Geoffrey Onyeama Over London Bridge Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by vedaxcool(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
grin
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by mandax: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fight against Corruption?

No Nigeria was born to become corrupt.

Corruption is institutionalized in Nigeria due to the military dictators' skewed political restructured of Nigeria under unitary government system in a pluralistic country. This institutionalized corruption in Nigeria.

They are using Igbo's Onyeama to tell the Americans some mama oyooyoo stories about Nigeria.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by DanielPop(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Can that erase the fuel queue PR? If i may ask you, which PR is more impactful on the people? Onyeama/Kerry PR or fuel queue PR? undecided undecided undecided
free2ryhme:
This is good PR for the present government
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Yksoul(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
makingsense:
So all this talk no yield any money!!
DIDNT YOU READ THAT US IS SET TO INVEST $600M IN NIGERIA.THE MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN NIGERIA 16YEARS AND 6YEARS AGO,WHERE ARE THE IMPACT OF THE MONEY TODAY?WHAT DID THEY USE THE MONEY FOR? NOBODY CAN ANSWER.PDP IS A SCAM!
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by greatiyk4u(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
Stolen:
Onyeama is even more eloquent than John Kerry.

When u here him speak, u wonder how we ended up with the Daura Dulllard aka Buhari as President.

Onyeama is exactly how the President of this country Nigeria should look and sound.

He is hired to argument the inefficiencies of the presido who is an expert in security matters.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by AyakaDunukofia: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
I came out with the impression that Geofrey Onyeama,Nigeria's FM, has so far been under utilized. I'm really wow-ed!

The eloquence and depth I saw here should help Buhari in international business and diplomatic negatiations.

The past one year Buhari kept Geofrey more or less hidden has not been helpful to his government. He should leave international trips most of the time for Dr. Onyeama. And that is the right thing to do!

1 Like

Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by hucienda: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
wow.. so we even get pesin like this Dr Onyeama! Polished, Eloquent and Suave.. I no no wen I use time watch every sec of the 33min vid. Even Kerry sef use style dey cut cap for am..
Geoffrey reminds me of when Henry Ajumogibia was also FM. Gentlemen.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Smooyis(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
mandax:
If the fight story in the Senate is true, it came very early. Because at the long run, such a fight must happen.

Arewa adopted sharia criminal codes and thus urinated on Nigeria's secular constitution and society.

By adopting sharia criminal codes, Arewa literally carved out another country from Nigeria.

IPOB people understood this. But no body is sure that our brothers in the southwest even understand that.

Which fight are you talking about and when
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Chinom(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Stolen:
Onyeama is even more eloquent than John Kerry.

When u here him speak, u wonder how we ended up with the Daura Dulllard aka Buhari as President.

Onyeama is exactly how the President of this country Nigeria should look and sound.

He is also a very honest and straightforward man. Well, he's nwa 042. Coal city raised him. It is to be expected. 042 breeds polished people.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
I came out with the impression that Geofrey Onyeama,Nigeria's FM, has so far been under utilized. I'm really wow-ed!

The eloquence and depth I saw here should help Buhari in international business and diplomatic negatiations.

The past one year Buhari kept Geofrey more or less hidden has not been helpful to his government. He should leave international trips most of the time for Dr. Onyeama. And that is the right thing to do!
I don't think you are correct. Mr. Onyeama has been the backbone of the several negotiations/agreements signed by the president in his foreign trips. The joint press conference is just showing the visible part of him.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by makingsense(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Yksoul:
DIDNT YOU READ THAT US IS SET TO INVEST $600M IN NIGERIA.THE MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN NIGERIA 16YEARS AND 6YEARS AGO,WHERE ARE THE IMPACT OF THE MONEY TODAY?WHAT DID THEY USE THE MONEY FOR? NOBODY CAN ANSWER.PDP IS A SCAM!
Ok
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by AyakaDunukofia: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
kITATITA:

I don't think you are correct. Mr. Onyeama has been the backbone of the several negotiations/agreements signed by the president in his foreign trips. The joint press conference is just showing the visible part of him.

Good as it may, there is more advantage in making him more visible. That most Nigerians are seeing the first international appearance of their FM after one year of Buhari's admn. Is not healthy.

His type is a good image laundring at this critical stage for the country. Get him more out!!!

3 Likes

Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by koning: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

Good as it may, there is more advantage in making him more visible. That most Nigerians are seeing the first international appearance of their FM after one year of Buhari's admn. Is not healthy.

His type is a good image laundring at this critical stage for the country. Get him more out!!!

I concur. PMB should put him a bit more upfront.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Jorussia(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

When oyenma was appointed minister of foreign Affairs, i thought pmb made a mistake by choosing him above Kayode fayemi until I started watching him on TV giving awesome press conferences.Oyenma is a nominee of the vice President.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by AyakaDunukofia: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jorussia:
When oyenma was appointed minister of foreign Affairs, i thought pmb made a mistake by choosing him above Kayode fayemi until I started watching him on TV giving awesome press conferences.Oyenma is a nominee of the vice President.
This is my first time of listening to him first hand. He's deep and incisive. Buhari should exploit Onyeama's gifts, to be honest.
He's over worth any nomination you can think of.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Jorussia(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

This is my first time of listening to him first hand. He's deep and incisive. Buhari should exploit Onyeama's gifts, to be honest.
He's over worth any nomination you can think of.
Yes that's true. I believe that onyeama will be giving more responsibility by pmb to manage the foreign affairs of this country. Pmb needs to make more friends internationally in order to secure his government. His frequent foreign trips is gather as much international support for his govt as possible. Pmb had to sacrifice his longtime godson osita okechukwu just to accept onyeama's nomination by the VP.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by AyakaDunukofia: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jorussia:
Yes that's true. I believe that onyeama will be giving more responsibility by pmb to manage the foreign affairs of this country. Pmb needs to make more friends internationally in order to secure his government. His frequent foreign trips is gather as much international support for his govt as possible. Pmb had to sacrifice his longtime godson osita okechukwu just to accept onyeama's nomination by the VP.

I don't think he'll regret it. He's seeing the dividends already. I checked Wiki only to find out that the guy is a scion of the royal and well educated Onyeama family of Eke, Enugu.

Here is the bio of his dad, Charles Onyeama:

Charles Dadi Onyeama
Born August 5 1917 (Eke in Enugu )
deceased September 5 1999
Nationality Nigerian
Other functions
1964-1966
Supreme Court Judge Nigeria
1967-1976
Judge ICJ
Charles Onyeama (Eke in Enugu , 5 August 1917 - 5 september 1999 ) was a Nigerian court. He worked at home in various courts, including from 1964 to 1966 at the Supreme Court. From 1967 to 1976 he was a judge at the International Court of Justice and from 1982 to 1990 at the Directors Tribunal of the World Bank .

Lifespan Edit

Onyeama studied at King's College in Lagos , the Achimota College in the then British colony of the Gold Coast (now Ghana ), the University College in London and Brasenose College in Oxford .

After his return, he was from 1946 to 1951 member of the Eastern House of Assembly from 1948 to 1950 and a committee of the constitution elaborated. This was a time when Nigeria continues toward independence from the United Kingdom headed and what became a reality in 1960. In the period from 1952 to 1956, he worked as a Supreme magistrate , a sort of justice of the peace in Nigeria.

From 1956 to 1957 Onyeama judge of the court of Western Nigeria and subsequently to 1964 the Court of Lagos, which in the years 1961 to 1963 as deputy judge president. From 1964 to 1966 he was then judge of the Supreme Court.

For the period from 1967 to 1976, he was elected judge of the International Court of Justice in The Hague . Later, for the period from 1982 to 1990, he was appointed a judge of the Administrative Tribunal of the World Bank
[b][/b]
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by psquaret: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
waoo
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by psquaret: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
lovely
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by mykelly(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
USE LESS TRIP
useless brain
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by mindtricks: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
dridowu:
IMHO, In Nigeria as at today, the only way to fight Corruption, is through political lines or your party members that does not believe in your idea, yes it is witchunting but 1 thing i believe is that if you are not involve in shady deal nobody will drag your name in the mud. If the opposition now have the opportunity to rule again let them also continue in that trend, with time people will put their feet on the ground by doing what is right for the society.

God Bless Nigeria
Nigeria Must Be Great Again
Amen. Nigeria must be Great again by doing the right thing the wrong way. That is the best way to fight corruption in a country that should be taken seriously.
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by mideactive: 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
I beg gej is d past,let's focus on d future pls..

Ecoterrorist:
zombie how open is this one different from the one they gave during Gej tenure
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by greatmen: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Very true but I don't know if Buhari is a patriot or a bigot but if it's true then we are in trouble they did it with abacha the best president ever :op
Guyman02:
US supports terrorists into Syria whom they call 'moderates'
US is angry that ISIS has been pushed out of Palmyra in Syria and Obama refused to commend the Russians/Syria for destroying ISIS.
Islamic extremism is promoted by US leaders even though it is supposed to be a secular country.

The US continues to mount pressure on PMB and Emefiele to devalue the Naira with every means possible such as
1. the sent IMF MD Christine Lagarde to come and convince PMB it failed
2. The World bank president met PMB in Washington on the same issue it failed
3. Today Kerry is announcing $600m in investment on condition that the currency is allowed to float.
4. US assistant Treasury secretary sent a delegation on the same issue still PMB remained stubborn
4. Kerry is claiming support for the fight against corruption but America has not returned any stolen fund there as the earlier promised
5. Soon, PMB may be threatened with perhaps 'Regime Change' or other blackmail to succumb to the Americans; I hope he will not falter
Re: Onyeama And Kerry Hold Joint Press Conference In US by Guyman02: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
greatmen:
Very true but I don't know if Buhari is a patriot or a bigot but if it's true then we are in trouble they did it with abacha the best president ever :op

Thanks for reminding me that my predictions have come true after few months, the Naira is now floating as the want and the economy is in worse shape, US is yet to return any stolen funds in their country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Foreign Pressure On President Buhari To Drop 2nd Term Bid – Presidency / Buhari Returns After Participation At 5th AU-EU Summit In Abidjan (photos) / APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Uhonmora, Edo: "You Are A Bloody Swaka" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.