Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? (13109 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / Some Unnecessary Kitchen Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
liar grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Shola2009(m): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
lmao!
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2009
I am loving this thread, kinda turning to the thread of the clowns
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Hauwa1: 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
do not put water in ofe gborogi
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by queenesthr(f): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
abbeyemmy:

put a charcoal on your grounded beans if u hv 2 leave it 4 a long prd or over9t so it dont get sour

That is very correct. Charcoal has antiseptic properties. Any food that you drop a piece of charcoal into will not go sour.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
*Hauwa*:

do not put water in ofe gborogi

what is that one?
queenesthr:

That is very correct. Charcoal has antiseptic properties. Any food that you drop a piece of charcoal into will not go sour.

I will like to know how safe that is though.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by titilaelae(f): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2009
[/quote]

m)
Abeokuta Ogun state Nigeria

Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother?
« #112 on: November 04, 2009, 02:14 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also learnt a few things from my popsey. His own type of cooking is the sharp sharp style and they taste horrible. Sprinkle a little garri in the water on fire to make it boil faster. At the end of the day eba will have lumps and the colour will be light. YUCK. You also need to see his watery vegetables with too much pepper, the types that will make you shit.

quote][quote]

LMAO  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^ Men and their cooking.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Pharoh: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Men and their cooking.

We are not patient like the ladies

Fhemmmy:

what is that one?

It is the leave used for cooking gbologi soup and it has lots of water in it so to make it thick you don't add extra water to it. Just the leave, oil, pepper and other stuffs.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

We are not patient like the ladies

It is the leave used for cooking gbologi soup and it has lots of water in it so to make it thick you don't add extra water to it. Just the leave, oil, pepper and other stuffs.

ummmmm . . . interesting
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Pharoh: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

ummmmm . . . interesting

^^^ We have a very rich and diverse menu when it comes to food in nigeria because of the various tribe and ethnic group. I wish we could face agriculture very well in that country.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by soreola(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2009
recently learnt this one, when frying plaintain out onions in the oil to give it flavour, smell nice too
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
soreola:

recently learnt this one, when frying plaintain out onions in the oil to give it flavour, smell nice too

that makes me wanna puke . . . . hate onion
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2009
soreola:

Given that u're a female, am surprised that u are just learning this now. tongue
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^^^ funny guy. grin grin grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
posakosa:

^^^^^ funny guy. grin grin grin

Posa u no dey watch match? grin grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2009
I go try watch am---- cool cool cool cool
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2009
The match is over and Nija is in the Final, now let us have some nice food
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Hauwa1: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2009
oya snail stew
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 4:10am On Nov 13, 2009
I want Isi Ewu kiss kiss kiss
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

I want Isi Ewu kiss kiss kiss

Eeya, U just missed the one I made three days ago.

Kpele wink
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^^^^ cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^Cry,Cry Baby.
Why are you crying?
I want to see your mother. . .
I want to see your father. . .
SHAME!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
na Isi Ewu dey do me. I no fit make am---- the one wey dem dey sell here--- is NOT correct. undecided undecided

and I don't know who can make it! cry cry cry
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
the Isi-ewu dem they make here----taste like they just pour suya pepper on stop the goat head----- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

the Isi-ewu dem they make here----taste like they just pour suya pepper on stop the goat head----- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Posa u no go kill me ooo!
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
Isi Ewu is one of the simplest foods to cook!

It doesn't take me upto an hour to prepare and Yummy Yummy too. cheesy
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
can u teach me how to make it.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

can u teach me how to make it.

Why not. . .Have ur Isi Ewu handy 2 get started grin grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
okay, I mean like recipes----im also guessing that I should be able to google this.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2009
Google ke?

Posa I think u're becoming 'technologically Sick.' grin
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^^^^^ lol

ok then, pls post the recipe/ or directions on how to make it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

###EUROSONIC DISTRIBUTOR: Get Your Kitchen/home Appliances @ Wholesale Prices. / Why Are Our Markets Always Dirty? / Price Of This Item At Tantalizer And Sweet Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.